Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #61
halu

haluFive's Gamercard
LA Noire : )
halu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #62
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
Brink was not a good game. I don't understand what apect of the game that anyone could consider good. (Upon release, anyway. Don't give a shit about updates. You should be ready on release.)

Homefront 6/10 Mainly because it's the glitchiest game of the year, and mine happened to get the unplayable glitch.

Dead Space 2 10/10 Simply amazing.

Portal 2 10/10 Hilarious.

Deus Ex: HR 7/10, also because of a game-breaking glitch that hasn't even seen a patch.

Gears of War 3 8/10 Gears of War is literally the most overrated franchise I've ever seen (except COD of course). But this one was OK. It still seems the number one priority is gore. They always try way to hard to be emotional, which is laughable with the random crappy one-liners and the gore.

As for most anticipated, Battlefield 3 for sure.
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #63
mortug

Dead Island: i love sandbox games and zombie games! and combined: win!

Bulletstorm: tossing enemies around with your Leash... so fun!

mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #64
Echilion

Dark Souls is currently my GOTY.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #65
UKGN Zoidberg

UKGN Zoidberg's Gamercard
1. Portal 2
2. LA Noire
3. Rage
4. Dead Island
5. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
6. Bulletstorm
7. DiRT 3
8. Outland
9. Shift 2: Unleashed
10. Bodycount (probably the most misunderstood game of 2011)

Its been good to see the FPS stop being so po-faced and get back to being fun again. Brink just missed the 10 but I've not played Dark Souls or Deus Ex enough to include them.
UKGN Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #66
lemple

lemple's Gamercard
oo im going to have to say portal 2 i found that incredibly fun...but then again raage is looking like a good candidate.

i have got to sya its a shame brink did not live up to its hype...could have been game of the year if done right
lemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #67
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I keep myself behind the releaseschedule, so I usually play the games long after their releasedates, so I haven't actually played a lot of the games released this year, but I always check the demos. So with that much experience I crown Deus Ex: Human revolution as my GotY-candidate for the moment. It has all that GotY-candidate needs, great gameplay, great story, great atmospheare, great locals and excelent design.

Looking at the other games out this year IMO only Batman AC, Portal 2 and Witcher 2 have the possibility of wresting the nomination from Deus Ex. Battlefield 3 could have a shot also, but as it has a SP that will surely drag it down, so no chance there. Anyway there is still year ahead of us, so anything can change, except CoD or Gears 3 getting the nomination.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #68
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
for me: Bulletstorm and Portal 2 so far

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #69
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghenry Perez View Post
Why does the genre it seems to edge towards constitute how much credibility it has towards a title such as "Game of the Year"?
i agree, no rule stating that the GOTY has to be a FPS or RPG. most people are just close minded when it comes to game genres, especially FPS fanbois. i personally like all genres of games, aside from those guitar hero / rock band types. i play actual music, picking up a plastic instrument would just seem silly to me.

i would say L.A noire, but this is sure to change once all these november releases come out. i had high hopes for "glitch island," but that game was just bad. from start to finish it just played like a BETA, and you feel like you are simply testing the game while waiting for a patch (which btw fixes next to nothing).

random question
why all the hype over BF3? im not sure i get it, the BETA plays like crap and it looks sloppy. not trying to sound like a douche, but those graphics just look like 5 years behind to me..
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #70
Chypmunkk

chypmunkk's Gamercard
I was actually really disappointed with Dead Island. I just can't really seem to get into it, I guess. And I really dislike how the zombies level up as you level up. I know a lot of people like that aspect of it, but I feel like I'm able to enjoy games much more if they have areas on the map specifically for low level players. :/

I can't wait to get my hands on Batman AC, though. I have such high expectations for that game.
Chypmunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #71
Ivan Mendez

Send a message via Yahoo to Ivan Mendez

eyes of artist's Gamercard
Gears of War 3 is the only game i have so in my opinion its the best of 2011.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #72
jakeyace

jake swfc's Gamercard
toss up between Gears 3 and deus ex, gears 3 because its the end of the trilogy and i thought the story was outstanding, deus ex because i was completely suprised by what it was, i was expecting i crappy 'shoot-anything-that-moves' kinda game but turned out to be quality.
jakeyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #73
Pickproofswine

PickproofSwine's Gamercard
Probably bulletstorm had so much fun with that game.
Pickproofswine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #74
Cmpunk

NanoEdge EX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeanero View Post
for me: Bulletstorm and Portal 2 so far
This. Loved Portal 2 and I'm going to get back to playing it after I play Dead or Alive 4 a little more. Some of these achievements are tough lol.
Cmpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #75
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
random question
why all the hype over BF3? im not sure i get it, the BETA plays like crap and it looks sloppy. not trying to sound like a douche, but those graphics just look like 5 years behind to me..
DICE has an excelent record on MP, so even if the beta was little lacking at places, we can expect a good MP-game out of them. Besides BF3 brings a lot of new ideas to somewhat stale FPS-MP-scene, and it keeps the many good ideas from BC-series. Also it actually feels war when you can play with more people than what fits to an average car.

Also since when graphics mattered? So what if they look little old (And they surely don't look like 5 year old on consoles. Mayby on PC.), as it is the game that matters and not the visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeyace View Post
toss up between Gears 3 and deus ex, gears 3 because its the end of the trilogy and i thought the story was outstanding, deus ex because i was completely suprised by what it was, i was expecting i crappy 'shoot-anything-that-moves' kinda game but turned out to be quality.
So you played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Gears 3 and somehow thought that Gears 3 had a better plot? Seriously?

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #76
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I haven't bought a newly released game since last year but from what i've seen, Portal 2 would be my favourite game of this year so far.

AC Revelations will be my all year favourite though come November.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote