PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
ShinjiMessiah

shinji messiah's Gamercard
How to import Songs?

Does anyone know?
My GHWT and GH5 Songs were already imported since i did them for Band Hero.
But for the sake of all, i can't find any option in the menue to import my Band Hero or Metallica Songs.

Any tips?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Starz 007

Starz 007's Gamercard
I don't have the game yet, but it's usually in the options menu under something roughly labeled "imports." Usually you just input the code from the manual there and you are good to go.
Starz 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Thedonkeyman

Got mine today (woo)! To import songs, go into the store, then under Offers. From there you know the drill, enter code, download 2gb etc etc.
Thedonkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
ShinjiMessiah

shinji messiah's Gamercard
Nevermind.
The german translation was just so stupid.
"shop" (where i found the import option) was translated with "laden",
which also means "load" in german.
So i assumed its load, not shop.

(on a sidenote, i had to delete the savefile and start new, because already there was a bug with the first story related achievement)
Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Untitled Agent

Untitled Agent's Gamercard
from memory it's in the options menu somewhere (didn't spend that much time messing around in the options for the store demos) but apparently the metallica import isn't up atm- when you try to download it, it can't find the file.

Retail 1000+ in 18 games (most recent: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)
Arcade/Expansion 200+ in 5 games (most recent: Perfect Dark)

Perfect Dark Achievement Guide
Perfect Dark Firing Range Guide
Perfect Dark Guide Collection + Glitch List
<- links to all guides in the PD forum
Untitled Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
KIDDRAGON67

Sir Vegemite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Metallica import is up next week, once it gets released in the US.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
UNDERWALLY

UNDERWALLY's Gamercard

OK, I'm new with GH imports, so please u gotta help me!!
Soooo I have some questions, hope someone can answer them pleeeease
Can I rent GH: Metallica, GH 5 or GH: SH (I dont CARE about BH), to import the songs??
If I can do this ^ where's the code that the GH import menu asks me??
Do u know how does the import costs?

Please, I need these answered
Old 09-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
Tattoo Man

Mr Tattoo Man's Gamercard
It's the code printed on the back of the game manual. They are single use, if your lucky your rental copy might not have been used
Tattoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is importing songs free? I know they charged us for one of the games.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
Untitled Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjira View Post
Is importing songs free? I know they charged us for one of the games.
none of the imports so far have been free. closest is the metallica offer.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I'm currently downloading the GH:WT disk import. It's taking its sweet time!

I dropped my guitar at the confirm section and I missed how much it'd cost, if anything. The guitar had to push A and accept anyway...

How many points is it going to charge me? =/
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #12
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Im tryin to download the guitar hero metallica & it keeps saying 'cant download items. Please try again later. Any ideas? Is it not availabe yet? Or have the yanks 1st dibs on it? Or is it for gold people only at the moment as i only have silver on my other account
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #13
Stufin135

Send a message via MSN to Stufin135

tbs stufin135's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadryz View Post
Im tryin to download the guitar hero metallica & it keeps saying 'cant download items. Please try again later. Any ideas? Is it not availabe yet? Or have the yanks 1st dibs on it? Or is it for gold people only at the moment as i only have silver on my other account
It has been added to the list of imports but it will not be available till Tuesday 28th September .

Stufin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
KIDDRAGON67

Sir Vegemite's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERWALLY View Post
OK, I'm new with GH imports, so please u gotta help me!!
Soooo I have some questions, hope someone can answer them pleeeease
Can I rent GH: Metallica, GH 5 or GH: SH (I dont CARE about BH), to import the songs??
If I can do this ^ where's the code that the GH import menu asks me??
Do u know how does the import costs?

Please, I need these answered
Yes, but no if someone has done it before you. The code is on the back of the booklet. If the book is glued to the cover just take the cover sheet out and you should be able to see it.

GH: Metallica is 480 points
GH: World Tour is 280 points
GH: Smash Hits is 160 points
Band Hero is either 680 or 700 points
Old 09-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #15
Doominatorx6

Doominatorx6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDDRAGON67 View Post
Yes, but no if someone has done it before you. The code is on the back of the booklet. If the book is glued to the cover just take the cover sheet out and you should be able to see it.

GH: Metallica is 480 points
GH: World Tour is 280 points
GH: Smash Hits is 160 points
Band Hero is either 680 or 700 points
WHOA I think your numbers are off.

Metallica and Smash Hits are right, 480 and 160 respectively.

World Tour is 240.
Band Hero is 400. Real Bargain for 60 songs lol.
Also, Guitar Hero 5 is 400 too, I think.

1st in the world to finish Monster Madness
2nd in the world to finish Rock of the Dead

Boogers
Doominatorx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
netscorer

netscorer's Gamercard
If I have already downloaded GH5 songs in GH BH, would I need to pay again to import them into GH6, or it is one time payment?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 AM   #17
KIDDRAGON67

Sir Vegemite's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doominatorx6 View Post
WHOA I think your numbers are off.

Metallica and Smash Hits are right, 480 and 160 respectively.

World Tour is 240.
Band Hero is 400. Real Bargain for 60 songs lol.
Also, Guitar Hero 5 is 400 too, I think.
Are you serious about Band Hero? I might just have to do that. Memory isn't my specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by netscorer View Post
If I have already downloaded GH5 songs in GH BH, would I need to pay again to import them into GH6, or it is one time payment?
It's just a one time payment.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
EliteGamer666

EliteGamer666's Gamercard
Would anyone be able to help me out here? I have an american account but live in england so i have to use point cards on an english account I made.

My question is, can i use my english account to transfer songs to WoR and play them on my american account? Seems like it should be possible but i want to make sure before i pay for it lol
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Silver 0sprey

Silver 0sprey's Gamercard
If my feeble memory serves me correctly, it was free for some previous games for the first week. I believe you'll have to pay after that. The wife and I got two games free transfer. I think it was GH5 and Band Hero. But, that may be the incorrect titles. We did get two, which was a nice gesture.

Silver 0sprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #20
Untitled Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGamer666 View Post
Would anyone be able to help me out here? I have an american account but live in england so i have to use point cards on an english account I made.

My question is, can i use my english account to transfer songs to WoR and play them on my american account? Seems like it should be possible but i want to make sure before i pay for it lol
pretty sure the standard dlc/xbla rules apply there- any account can use it on the storage device it's originally downloaded on, but if you move it to something else you need to have the account that bought it connected to live.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #21
EliteGamer666

EliteGamer666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untitled Agent View Post
pretty sure the standard dlc/xbla rules apply there- any account can use it on the storage device it's originally downloaded on, but if you move it to something else you need to have the account that bought it connected to live.
Yeah, i thought that as well. I suppose i'll just have to try and it and see what happens. Doesn't cost too much anyway. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #22
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
Is it only me who thinks it sucks balls that I have to pay to import a game that I have already shelled out for, I just feel like it's a complete rip off to pay to import songs you already own.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #23
Xorch

Big Stoz, I completely agree with you; however, you must remember its not that your having to pay for the songs over again, its that you are paying to renew the licenses to play said content that you had purchased prior. Again i know this still doesn't help you out with the money portion but it's just the way the music licensing works in today's society. The money you paid to own and play the songs in prior GH games sadly doesn't carry over into other "newer" GH games because that was not the original terms of the music licensing agreement. I am just glad that they don't charge an arm and a leg to repurchase the "new" import agreements. I think the price you pay vs. the amount of songs you get (old or otherwise?) is worth it. Especially with GH: Metallica and Band Hero. Hope that helps?
Xorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #24
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorch View Post
*snip some BS*
Did you realy make that your first post. The point everyone will have already made is that they already paid for said licences by buy the first game(s) the next one is not trying to extort first games licences especially seeing as it by the same company it is, and merely is, do feel free to belittle this if you wish i dont care, a simple act via any company (activision/harmonix) as they always do to make more money out of a product that is already sold AND licensed. What you are saying is implying that it isnt licensed, due to DLC they would most certainly of licensced it for multiple games.

Welcome to the site but learn and understand beore posting again..

"Thank you for callling"
figure that quote

Killer
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #25
Xorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post
Did you realy make that your first post. , a simple act via any company (activision/harmonix) as they always do to make more money out of a product that is already sold AND licensed. What you are saying is implying that it isnt licensed, due to DLC they would most certainly of licensced it for multiple games.

Welcome to the site but learn and understand beore posting again..

"Thank you for callling"
figure that quote

Killer
Alright first off, yes that was my first post on this site but i will try to comment on your reply as best I can considering your text is a jumbled mess that I can barely follow. Second, I made a valid point about music licensing that is FACT, not my opinion. So before you "belittle" my reply further by stating: "learn and understand beore posting again.." let me educate you on how the music industry works.

When a set of songs are licensed for use in a "single" music game, they are intended for use only in that game. If those songs are then made available to import into a different music game (newer or otherwise); a music license must be purchased because that was not part of the original licensing agreement of those "said" songs. It has nothing to do with the publisher trying to squeeze an extra few bucks out of players. But you seem to be confusing "importing/exporting songs" with "DLC songs" because they are both completely different types of transactions. "DLC" songs usually have a slightly different type of licensing agreement attached to them because they are purchased separately from the games and thus can be used in multiple games because of this, unless the "DLC" states that it is only compatible with "certain" games. (i.e. The Beatles albums released as DLC were only playable in The Beatles: Rock Band). So to clarify, just because you purchased GH: Metallica and GH:WOR respectively, this doesn't entitle you to have the GH: Metallica songs be playable within GH:WOR just because you purchased both! GH: Metallica songs were only intended to be played within GH: Metallica and vice versa. THIS IS WHY A MUSIC LICENSE MUST BE PURCHASED for a small fee. Again the fee is quite small given the amount of content that you get for certain games. But if you still don't understand this concept Killer I can't make myself any clearer! Maybe this post has helped to educate you on how "music licensing" works so that you don't fire back with such an ignorant reply next time!
Xorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #26
Jaywalker21

xBOOMx JaySonic's Gamercard
If I already paid to have my World Tour and Smash Hits songs into GH5, am I gonna have to pay again to import them into Warriors of Rock?
Jaywalker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Stufin135

Send a message via MSN to Stufin135

tbs stufin135's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywalker21 View Post
If I already paid to have my World Tour and Smash Hits songs into GH5, am I gonna have to pay again to import them into Warriors of Rock?
It's a one of payment, you will not need to re-buy the license. Although you may need to re-download them, that all just depends on if the content is playing up or not really .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorch View Post
Alright first off, yes that was my first post on this site but i will try to comment on your reply as best I can considering your text is a jumbled mess that I can barely follow. Second, I made a valid point about music licensing that is FACT, not my opinion. So before you "belittle" my reply further by stating: "learn and understand beore posting again.." let me educate you on how the music industry works.

When a set of songs are licensed for use in a "single" music game, they are intended for use only in that game. If those songs are then made available to import into a different music game (newer or otherwise); a music license must be purchased because that was not part of the original licensing agreement of those "said" songs. It has nothing to do with the publisher trying to squeeze an extra few bucks out of players. But you seem to be confusing "importing/exporting songs" with "DLC songs" because they are both completely different types of transactions. "DLC" songs usually have a slightly different type of licensing agreement attached to them because they are purchased separately from the games and thus can be used in multiple games because of this, unless the "DLC" states that it is only compatible with "certain" games. (i.e. The Beatles albums released as DLC were only playable in The Beatles: Rock Band). So to clarify, just because you purchased GH: Metallica and GH:WOR respectively, this doesn't entitle you to have the GH: Metallica songs be playable within GH:WOR just because you purchased both! GH: Metallica songs were only intended to be played within GH: Metallica and vice versa. THIS IS WHY A MUSIC LICENSE MUST BE PURCHASED for a small fee. Again the fee is quite small given the amount of content that you get for certain games. But if you still don't understand this concept Killer I can't make myself any clearer! Maybe this post has helped to educate you on how "music licensing" works so that you don't fire back with such an ignorant reply next time!
Well done, you made a first post that was correct. Then responded to some guy giving shit back well. Well done everything you have said about music licensing is correct and people need to learn to understand this.

Stufin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #28
ReadThySin1

ReadThySin1's Gamercard
normally in the options menu...i think lol
ReadThySin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #29
Joemadden1212

Joemadden1212's Gamercard
It is a one time payment for the importing license and you should be able to find all importing options under the Options section.
Joemadden1212 is offline   Reply With Quote