PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #31
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Maybe you have to have the power on to have my method work.
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
Tubby 94

Tubby94's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 View Post
I found an easier way and a totally different way to get this achievement.

I was playing with 4 people and we went to pack a punch. Me and one other guy went down and died in area 51. The other 2 went back to the moon. They finished the round and me and the other guy that died got this achievement after we spawned.
this doesn't work i tried it with a group of 4 at round 15 we went to pack a punch, I died and when I respawned nothing unlocked the proper way to get the achievement is to wait until both tunnels are breached and down your self at spawn or jump off the cliff and when you respawn next round the achievement should unlock

Retail Games completed: 146

Arcade games completed:75

Tubby 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #33
GhostlyClark84

1st i must say i have NOT got this achievement personally but my friend has and he got it whilst i was playing, we went back to pack a punch area and came back to moon, the excavators had breached tunnel 6 and were breaching tunnel 11, NONE OF US BLED OUT at anytime! By this point it was round 12, we went into the dark tunnel area through the first set of doors by m16 and the achievement popped up! Cant really tell you all much more other than it may have been a fluke, none of the other people on the game got the achievement. If anyone knows how to do it properly rather than just guessing let me know plz as we were all a bit baffled by it! Thanks
GhostlyClark84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #34
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is WAY easier than any of this nonsense being spouted about tunnels being blocked off and dying in area 51.

Have 2 friends go as far back as at least the power room (my friend were in the bio dome) after they are there, kill yourself (i just jumped off the cliff at the start.)

Have your friends finish the round and you should respawn outside the power room. achievement unlocked!

edit: "nonsense" is a term directed at the people who made this stupid map, not you guys trying to figure it out
Old 08-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #35
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
This is WAY easier than any of this nonsense being spouted about tunnels being blocked off and dying in area 51.

Have 2 friends go as far back as at least the power room (my friend were in the bio dome) after they are there, kill yourself (i just jumped off the cliff at the start.)

Have your friends finish the round and you should respawn outside the power room. achievement unlocked!

edit: "nonsense" is a term directed at the people who made this stupid map, not you guys trying to figure it out
Honestly this achievement sounds buggy. Because I have seen 4 different methods now that people claim to have had work. Also your method (not saying it won't work) sounds like the weirdest one yet and confirms my buggy claim. Because in your method your not even doing anything that resembles the achievement requirement (aside from dying and coming back).

Last edited by GILLHUHN; 08-28-2011 at 01:34 AM.
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #36
littlejay

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILLHUHN View Post
Honestly this achievement sounds buggy. Because I have seen 4 different methods now that people claim to have had work. Also your method (not saying it won't work) sounds like the weirdest one yet and confirms my buggy claim. Because in your method your not even doing anything that resembles the achievement requirement (aside from dying and coming back).
2 of us jumped off and 2 of use got the achievement. this was when we were goofing off after getting big bang so power was on and everything else. tunnel six was dug into at one point but we hacked it for the egg and 11 started but was not breached.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #37
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
2 of us jumped off and 2 of use got the achievement. this was when we were goofing off after getting big bang so power was on and everything else. tunnel six was dug into at one point but we hacked it for the egg and 11 started but was not breached.
Just tried it did not work for me
Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #38
Dark Anaconda

You got the achievement while you were making big bang theory?

Argh seems rly confusing.

Maybe you have to put the power on and after that you have to try this strategy out...
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #39
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
You got the achievement while you were making big bang theory?

Argh seems rly confusing.

Maybe you have to put the power on and after that you have to try this strategy out...
we already finished big bang and had all perks and got it. we did not jump off until everyone was in the bio dome and they stayed there until we respawned.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #40
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This achievement is confusing. So many theories that might work and some not but for some people they do and some...
The only method that would work correctly is having the 2 excavators breaching tunnel 6 and 11 but sometimes you'll get Biodome instead and then you restart because you don't want to wait until round 20 to have the excavators breaching 6 and 11 finally and you do it all over again until you get 6 and 11 breached and wasted too much time by restarting unless you were lucky and also didn't screw up and die. Then you'd rather do the easier methods that might work for some people but not for you so... duh

If I'd write a book it'd be called 'Trial & Error'.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #41
Dark Anaconda

This is the last achievement i need for 1700 GS...

I guess you have to be "traped" in the spawn area.

That means ,that tunnel 6 and 11 has to be breached by the excavator.

So there would be NO WAY to get to the moon/bio dome area...that means you are traped here.

And the only way to spawn in the moon/bio dome area is ( where all your friends are ) is to die and respawn.

That would make sense to me...somebody got a much better way to get it?

Please share it.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #42
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
That would make sense to me...somebody got a much better way to get it?

Please share it.
Simple procedure:

1) Unlock rooms up to Biodome.
2) Have teammate(s) in Biodome.
3) Have person(s) going for achievement jump off cliff (in area with Olympia/M14).
4) Have teammate(s) end the Round while in Biodome.

This is what littlejay posted above, just wanted to confirm it and simply it. I was in his game when we did it (I jumped off with him), and the achievement popped for us when the round ended and we spawned in the Biodome.

Pretty sure it was solely based on us dying and respawning on entirely opposite sides of the map.

===

Not really sure what is up with the other methods posted tbh. I originally thought it was about getting downed in Area 51 and getting revived on the Moon, but I tried this in split-screen without success (though split-screen may have been the cause of it not working, worth testing over Xbox Live I suppose). And getting trapped by both excavators sounds like a ridiculous chore that I don't want to go through; afterall, it may be flagged by the same thing as the method above (long respawn distance basically), not necessarily both tunnel excavators being active.

Just use the method described above imo. Should work fine, at least over Xbox Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #43
Angry Frankie

Eccles 24's Gamercard
I think it just means respawning after dying in either the earth with teammates on the moon or the other way around.
Angry Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #44
hockbird 69

xLoneWanderer77's Gamercard
This is starting to get a little off topic, so I will recap.

1) The excavators must have breached tunnels 11 and 6. (Biodome does not matter)

2) A player has to kill themselves in the receiving area. (Jumping off the cliff works)

3) Stop trying to use Area 51 to get the cheeev. Read the description. You have to be trapped. You are not trapped in area 51.

Moon Achievement Guide And Road Map Here
hockbird 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #45
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm going to try this today. We'll let the excavators breach both tunnels and have the person receiving the achievement die by t eh spawn area. End the round that should give him or her the achievement.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #46
GuerillaTech

GuerillaTech's Gamercard
I'd just like to say that I got the cheevo last night on accident.
For all those having problems with this, it seems you don't need to be in a certain location at all.
Here's what happened when we got it.

1) BioDome and Tunnel 11 were breached while we were camping near Mule Kick.
2) Tunnel six was breached earlier but hacked because we completed the easter egg.( I don't think this matters, but its worth noting.)
3) Two of us died where we were camping during that round, other two survived( obviously )

As soon as my teammates spawned, they got the achievement and Nightmare started playing. Next round, we held a crawler and then I died and got it as well. In the end, it sounds like all you need to have is two tunnels breached, and possibly not be in the spawn area when you die. Hope this helps everyone!

Last edited by GuerillaTech; 08-29-2011 at 07:20 PM.
GuerillaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #47
Dark Anaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Simple procedure:

3) Have person(s) going for achievement jump off cliff (in area with Olympia/M14).

This is what littlejay posted above, just wanted to confirm it and simply it. I was in his game when we did it (I jumped off with him), and the achievement popped for us when the round ended and we spawned in the Biodome.

What? So you got this achievement in Round 3/4????

Is that right? Did you turned the power on?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #48
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
This is what my group did:
  1. We did the Easter egg and completed it, leaving that acheivement the only one me an a friend of mine needed.
  2. We had three people, me, my friend, and another friend of mine who already got it.
  3. Me and the friend who needed it ran to the cliff near the spawn after hearing the second tunnel becoming breached, while my third friend who didn't need it stayed in the Biodome.
  4. My friend in the Biodome left one crawler.
  5. Then, me and my friend who needed it jumped off the cliff, since we couldn't down ourselves with a grenade and there were no zombies with us.
  6. Once we died, my Biodome friend killed the zombie, we re-spawned with him, and we got the acheivement.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #49
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Simple procedure:

Pretty sure it was solely based on us dying and respawning on entirely opposite sides of the map.

===

Not really sure what is up with the other methods posted tbh. I originally thought it was about getting downed in Area 51 and getting revived on the Moon, but I tried this in split-screen without success (though split-screen may have been the cause of it not working, worth testing over Xbox Live I suppose). And getting trapped by both excavators sounds like a ridiculous chore that I don't want to go through; afterall, it may be flagged by the same thing as the method above (long respawn distance basically), not necessarily both tunnel excavators being active.

Just use the method described above imo. Should work fine, at least over Xbox Live.
Ok I can not get this achievement for the life of me can someone help me out with it.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
ThisIsPardy

l ODST I's Gamercard
Cawwadooty.
ThisIsPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #51
NoShineMM

NoShineMM's Gamercard
Quote:
Simple procedure:

===

So you didnt have both tunnels blocked ever?
NoShineMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #52
hockbird 69

Got the correct method posted in my achievement guide now.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=326614

Old 08-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #53
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShineMM View Post
So you didnt have both tunnels blocked ever?
the tunnels were never blocked. it started digging tunnel 6 so we could get the egg but we hacked it and nothing was blocked at all when we died.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #54
hockbird 69

This achievement is buggy. if you are getting it without the tunnels being blocked, you are experiencing a glitch. You should not attempt these "glitch methods" as they are glitches and should not happen. Most likely you will not succeed when attempting them.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #55
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Simple procedure:

===

I can confirm this does NOT work.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #56
TheOfficialJory

DaRk GoD JoRy H's Gamercard
idk

hard but pretty easy to get
TheOfficialJory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #57
TheOfficialJory

ummm

what part is this achievement in
Old 12-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #58
TheOfficialJory

thanks

thanks for the guide how to get it u rock so thank you
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #59
TheOfficialJory

anything

anything else you can help me with on this game jw
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #60
Dennisjekw

dennisnijgh's Gamercard
Me friend stopped both excevators and i died at the recieving area but i still recieved the achievement
Dennisjekw is offline   Reply With Quote