PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
rabblerouser

jaguarsleepover's Gamercard
input lag?

apparently people are having problems with the psn version. cross your fingers for xbox
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/a...s-no/#comments
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well if it's of any comfort, I think all of the previews have been played on the 360.

But then again Seth has said that they couldn't recreate this (yet), so their play equipment probably isn't that great of an indicator. I wouldn't go into this game expecting any problems on the 360 though, but if you're worried check out the demo to see how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-24-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Strid

Yup, decided to grab the demo off PSN and it isn't right at all. This is just single player too, imagine going online. That being said, if you just slow down and input slow and steady, it's fine. The problem is that takes away a lot of options past a low-tier and it's just not how the game is meant to be played at all.

I've also read a couple of random post from Japan that the online is terribly laggy. Lagging in Japan is kind of a big deal.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
I have it for the ps3 and i have yet to come across lag, though it has gotten more difficult to find matches.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Let's hope our version is perfect. If that's the case, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post
Let's hope our version is perfect. If that's the case, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
Fanboy Wars aren't really worth it, you know?

I'm sure they'll come along and patch it. The PSN version has a 'unlock all online hooks' DLC item (whatever that means) for $1, so I'm guessing we'll get the same.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #7
Lion Zest

lion zest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
Yup, decided to grab the demo off PSN and it isn't right at all. This is just single player too, imagine going online. That being said, if you just slow down and input slow and steady, it's fine. The problem is that takes away a lot of options past a low-tier and it's just not how the game is meant to be played at all.

I've also read a couple of random post from Japan that the online is terribly laggy. Lagging in Japan is kind of a big deal.
did you test it on an SD TV? any tv with post processing, wireless controller, and any other factors like lag or human error all contribute to input delay.
Lion Zest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #8
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Zest View Post
did you test it on an SD TV? any tv with post processing, wireless controller, and any other factors like lag or human error all contribute to input delay.
Nope, but I did test the 360 version on my old trusty 19in. Sanyo tonight. It's decent, but it's not like it use to be. It's back to the PC for me.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote