PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #91
JimboTag

Send a message via MSN to JimboTag

JimboTag's Gamercard
Just a quick check here... I'm at the room where you have to kill the two mechs before you can open the hangar. The only way I managed to destroy them was by EMP grenading them. When I EMP grenaded one, it turned hostile before exploding. Will this affect the achievement?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #92
TheDeceiver35

TheDeceiver35's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboTag View Post
Just a quick check here... I'm at the room where you have to kill the two mechs before you can open the hangar. The only way I managed to destroy them was by EMP grenading them. When I EMP grenaded one, it turned hostile before exploding. Will this affect the achievement?
It is possible, though im not 100% sure on whether a bot spotting you instantly creates a trigger for an alarm, as I know with the human guards it does not.

If you have the bot hacking augmentation upgrade, you can actually stealth up to the control room and deactivate them from there, thus saving yourself the potential hostile response.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #93
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Great guide dude, helped me get my 1000/1000 just now.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #94
ONE Disco Bob

ONE Disco Bob's Gamercard
Great guide, it was a lot of help.
ONE Disco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #95
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah, best thing is all achievements are in order, so that I know exactly what I'm after.

I'm following it and am 300G/1000G.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata
1st Xbox One game: Child of Light

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #96
Zim

This is a good guide except one massive flaw. And this is a WARNING! to anyone else using this. The guide does not work for detroit 2. If you do it in the order listed then it is extremely difficult (possibly impossible) to get The Last Straw. After some testing it seems that there is a time limit between arriving in detroit and doing this. So if you do the sidequests first as listed it seems to be nearly impossible to get. The guide needs changing asap.

I tested and doing the exact same thing in the convention center and sewers: If I did the other sidequests first it was impossible to get last straw as you get no conversation. Without doing them it was fine. Had to redo at least an hours game because of this error.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #97
Agent Fritz

Agent Fritz's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks rokkyrok.

It was a big help finding missed side quests

Agent Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #98
judge p6ytn

JUDGE P6YTN's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks
judge p6ytn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #99
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Followed this exactly for the ebooks. No achievement.....sigh.....

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #100
ChiMangetsu

Chi Mangetsu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJConnelly View Post
Followed this exactly for the ebooks. No achievement.....sigh.....
Should check through your ebook collection and see which one(s) you missed.
ChiMangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #101
Rollinstone12

Rollinstone24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Sticky request, this guide rocks!
Rollinstone12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #102
Nami

Send a message via MSN to Nami

Cronaa's Gamercard
I'd just like to Thank you for making this amazing guide it helped me out alot on my second playthrough .

Thankyou so much !

Nothing amazing ever happens here. Only the ordinary

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #103
EnqeN

Codex x360a's Gamercard
I belive im fucked....

I didn't get the ebook in Tong's Office the first time i was in shanghai.
(The Use of Neuromuscular Facilitation Systems)

And it seems that The hive is "closed" during Shanghai II. The vent i usually use dont give me the opportunity to access the hive. So that should probably be editied since it say that you will have one more chance to get all the ebooks in shanghai II if not collected in Shanghai the first time...

If i'm completly mistaken feel free to correct me.

100% Retail: 47
100% Arcade:

50 005 GS - 09.11.2011 (MW3, Requiem)

60 100 GS - 08.04.2012 (COD2, War Hardened)
70 000 GS - 13.11.2012 (HALO 4, Lone Wolf Legend)
80 005 GS - 01.06.2013 (GoW Judgment, Quality Soldiering)
EnqeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #104
Raider

Raider1987's Gamercard
This was unbelievably helpful, thank you. Probably the best guide I have used in a long time. Simple enough I only had to glance at it every now and then and wasn't overly detailed and didn't spoil anything for me. This should be stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideBreathMint View Post
Toilet seat covers are simply too thin and you risk digitally raping yourself if you wipe too hard. That doesn't sound like a fun end to my day.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #105
Pb Elements

Send a message via MSN to Pb Elements

Pb Elements's Gamercard
the Ebook in Alice garden pod is one time only location. they close up the place after you escape. just becareful, as i have made the mistake....
Pb Elements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #106
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
Omega Ranch (2) One time only location!

-Delgado and the Stimoceiver
Same floor as Nia Colvin, NE room near elevator.

I need a little help with this one. I am on Nia's floor. Thing is that she is in the NE room and there is no book. The elevator is in the NW room but there is no book there either. Any help here would be great. There are only 4 rooms near Nia and I have scoured them all looking for this stupid book.

EDIT: Apparently all I needed to do was post the question. The ebook is in the adjoining room to the south of the elevator. On the counter in the middle of the south wall with the microscopes on it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by DarthSoth; 09-05-2011 at 01:45 AM.
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #107
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
You need to edit it because you have Sarif Industries books listed twice (2 books). You then go on to say make sure you get all three books from sarif industries. So are there two or three books in Sarif Industries?
Aside from that its great, thankyou very much!

EDIT; I spotted the third book in your guide, so there ARE three in Sarif Industries. Might I suggest listing all three under one sub heading rather than having one on its own, then the other two both listed twice in separate sections of your guide. It would make things a little easier to follow for morons like myself, thanks again for the guide : )

Last edited by o D M C o; 09-06-2011 at 06:20 PM.
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #108
Bool Zero

Bool Zero's Gamercard
Is there any way to even get back into Sarif industries on the second visit to Detroit? The guide makes mention like you can, but I see no way to actually get back in the building with it being blocked off by the riot...

Never mind, I am an idiot. Didn't realize after everything is cleared up that Malik flies you back to Serif Headquarters... Now my question is why is it that I have picked up certain books but they are not listed in my ebook catalog? For instance the two in Sarif HQ in rooms 25 and 27 I know I have picked up, yet they are not listed in my ebook listings yet some are...

Last edited by Bool Zero; 09-07-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Misinformed
Bool Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #109
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Thanks for a great guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
This is a good guide except one massive flaw. And this is a WARNING! to anyone else using this. The guide does not work for detroit 2. If you do it in the order listed then it is extremely difficult (possibly impossible) to get The Last Straw. After some testing it seems that there is a time limit between arriving in detroit and doing this. So if you do the sidequests first as listed it seems to be nearly impossible to get. The guide needs changing asap.
I varied occasionally in some areas but in the case of Last Straw it was the last thing I did in that area at that time but did not have your problem.

You might have found another bug as given the number of people who appear to have used the guide now I don't think it's down to the guide order.

What actually happens? Does he attack you without talking to you because I think that was covered as a result of using CASIE on Taggart in another thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Is there any way to even get back into Sarif industries on the second visit to Detroit? The guide makes mention like you can, but I see no way to actually get back in the building with it being blocked off by the riot...
You cannot enter from Detroit 2 but you will end up plonked in there (and unable to then get back out to Detroit 2) via story progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
You need to edit it because you have Sarif Industries books listed twice (2 books). You then go on to say make sure you get all three books from sarif industries. So are there two or three books in Sarif Industries?
Aside from that its great, thankyou very much!

EDIT; I spotted the third book in your guide, so there ARE three in Sarif Industries. Might I suggest listing all three under one sub heading rather than having one on its own, then the other two both listed twice in separate sections of your guide. It would make things a little easier to follow for morons like myself, thanks again for the guide : )
The guide lists the one sat next to Pritchard as you are there anyway but given at that point there is a 15min time limit before the hostages are killed it is probably best leaving the others until the return when you are free to take your time.

Last edited by Tanaki Khan; 09-06-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #110
Fenix66D

Tyre Anasazzi's Gamercard
Great guide! Really appreciate ur efforts and the input of others. This game is awesome!!!
Fenix66D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #111
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Can I just add, dont follow the msxbox guide, its missing a ebook, I got screwed cos of the guide.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 63
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #112
Zero Empathy

Zero Empathy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrave60 View Post
Oh GOD I finally got that achievement felt like it took forever
Did you go through the decontamation chamber in Singapore? Its in the area where the scientists are.
Zero Empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #113
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
After you leave the Policestation Pritchard tells you to go meet Jenny Alexander, she’s on Grand River Road (this is the road going from the Policestation to the Chiron Building, your apartment), dressed as your mom.
This made me laugh so hard!

Quality guide though, pure quality!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #114
brandonator14

Brandonator14's Gamercard
Just rented this game today, and as i've seen this guide is perfectly good. Can't wait to get 1k and make you proud.

100K 4/16/2011 "Table Smasher 2000" The Simpsons Game
brandonator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #115
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
This guide is brilliant for me so far but i need help on one thing.

The 100 takedowns, right now i am at the start of Picus and haven't even got 50 achievement yet, i have taken down a lot but sometimes to stay out of sight i just can't take anyone down, is there more than enough opportunities from Picus onwards to get to 100? or any specific places?

I would hate it to be the only one i didn't get especially since its easier than others
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #116
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post

The 100 takedowns, right now i am at the start of Picus and haven't even got 50 achievement yet, i have taken down a lot but sometimes to stay out of sight i just can't take anyone down, is there more than enough opportunities from Picus onwards to get to 100? or any specific places?

I would hate it to be the only one i didn't get especially since its easier than others
It's 50 takedowns specifically bear in mind, the 100 cheevo is for general knockouts by any means. As I was tranq'ing mostly I got both achievements very close to each other.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #117
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Quote:

The 50 one is for hand KO's and the 100 is for just knockdowns. I'm not 100% but Stun Gun takedowns may count towards both. The gas grenade is you friend when going for the 100 knockdowns though. Stock up on gas grenades and gas mines and the final level will net you a lot of knockdowns. they are all conveniently bunched together making it quite easy to knock out 5-10 at a time with one gas grenade. Attract their attention and then smoke em out. Pretty sure the concussion's count as knockdowns as well since it does drop em briefely.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #118
HQC

hansqc's Gamercard
Quote:

I wouldn't sweat this. I got both of these achievements at the final area. During my Pacifist/Foxiest run, I only tranq'ed enemies in my direct path and stealthed past the others. For the final level, if you haven't earned either achievement, stock up on Cyberboost energy bars/packs/jars for takedowns (two at once is nice) and the Stun Gun and ammo. Once you get to the final level, there are plenty of opportunities.
HQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #119
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Thanks for the replies people, i hadn't realized one was for general takedowns thought it was 100 with your hands, this makes it better. I have some Gas grenades and i always have lots of energy bars, too many in fact so i will hold them out for later levels.
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #120
Reverendjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjay7991 View Post
If this is the first mission you do after the prologue then what I did was this. The praxis kit gives you points to add/level augmentations. I used the praxis point to allow me to lift heavy objects. I went through the vent, went behind the turrent, picked it up and put it in a corner facing the wall. Then went back into the vent to where the praxis kit was. Went on the wall and used the tap A to avoid the camera from spotting me. Went into the room and the e-book should be there along with the computer to deactivate the camera.
Just so you know, you can sneak around behind the turret using the vent and destroy it with a frag grenade and still get Foxiest of the Hounds. Spend that Praxis point as you wish

Reverendjc is offline   Reply With Quote