PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #121
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Or just go passed the vent, hug wall, do cover to cover move and enter room to grab the stop, nuke and book, then back out, cover to cover again, thru vent and out door.

The gun seeing you does NOT invalidate Foxiest and there is little risk of the camera seeing you let alone setting off the alarm. The gun goes hostile automatically but again, no alarm.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #122
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
well just finished it and everything unlocked except Foxiest of Hounds

I can't think where i went wrong so will replay i guess later, but is it definitely true that there are no alarms in Panchea? that is the only place where i just went nuts and allowed enemies to go hostile

I did notice when i met Darrow in Panchea Tower i got Ghost and Smooth Operator but after that i did not get it again was i meant to?

Last edited by Starkweather; 09-12-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #123
superdupergizmo

superdupergizmo's Gamercard
you really should have fucking told us to not take the implant at the limb clinic. it makes the fight against that dude dressed in muscles impossible. and you can't do the one hit punch glitch. i have to load a save that was ages ago. if i haven't overwritten it.
you prick.

superdupergizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #124
superdupergizmo

and yep overwrote that save file. thanks. all it takes is one mention: DO NOT FUCKING TAKE THE BIOCHIP UPGRADE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT'S CALLED AS IT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE FUCKING MISERABLE.
that's all you have to write, make it big fucking letters. in red. would have been much more useful than talk to doctor wing. ffs. also shit roadmap. FUCK I'M ANGRY AS FUCK. THIS ROADMAP IS SHIT, THIS GAME IS SHIT. WHAT KIND OF FUCKING GAME HAS BOSS BATTLES?! WHAT IS THIS FUCKING 1994? IS THIS STARFOX? you can tell these developers grew up in the 80s and 90s, just like mass effect, boss battles are outdated retarded AND COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS. IM DONE, I'M DONE I AM FUCKING DONE. I AM NOT STARTING OVER AT FUCKING DETROIT II.
that said i probably will. your achievement roadmap is worth absolutely fucking nothing if you don't mention essential things like that. GET IT FIXED SO PEOPLE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!
knowing my fucking luck at the end of the playthrough i won't get pacifist or the fox and the hound achievement. when that happens i am destroying my xbox.
hulk rage disengaged, i'm gonna go club a baby seal.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #125
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
It's a roadmap to achievements not a walkthrough for the game.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #126
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupergizmo View Post
and yep overwrote that save file. thanks. all it takes is one mention: DO NOT FUCKING TAKE THE BIOCHIP UPGRADE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT'S CALLED AS IT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE FUCKING MISERABLE.
that's all you have to write, make it big fucking letters. in red. would have been much more useful than talk to doctor wing. ffs. also shit roadmap. FUCK I'M ANGRY AS FUCK. THIS ROADMAP IS SHIT, THIS GAME IS SHIT. WHAT KIND OF FUCKING GAME HAS BOSS BATTLES?! WHAT IS THIS FUCKING 1994? IS THIS STARFOX? you can tell these developers grew up in the 80s and 90s, just like mass effect, boss battles are outdated retarded AND COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS. IM DONE, I'M DONE I AM FUCKING DONE. I AM NOT STARTING OVER AT FUCKING DETROIT II.
that said i probably will. your achievement roadmap is worth absolutely fucking nothing if you don't mention essential things like that. GET IT FIXED SO PEOPLE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!
knowing my fucking luck at the end of the playthrough i won't get pacifist or the fox and the hound achievement. when that happens i am destroying my xbox.
hulk rage disengaged, i'm gonna go club a baby seal.
qq moar?

On a positive note - thanks man! Great walkthrough - got my 1k on my first play through! I appreciate your putting this together so soon after the game came out!

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #127
superdupergizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaki Khan View Post
It's a roadmap to achievements not a walkthrough for the game.
yeah except you can barely get the achievements with that chip. you have absolutely no augments barely any health, etc for that fight. i'm gonna have to drop down to an easier difficulty, which is 100 gs less and will warrant another playthrough. there's literally nothing i can do, as soon as i spawn he kicks a grenade in my face, i can run around a bit but that won't do anything.
i apologize for the rage mode, it's a good roadmap, but it should be clarified to not take that chip upgrade in china.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #128
bio187
Banned User

Thebiohazard187's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupergizmo View Post
yeah except you can barely get the achievements with that chip. you have absolutely no augments barely any health, etc for that fight. i'm gonna have to drop down to an easier difficulty, which is 100 gs less and will warrant another playthrough. there's literally nothing i can do, as soon as i spawn he kicks a grenade in my face, i can run around a bit but that won't do anything.
i apologize for the rage mode, it's a good roadmap, but it should be clarified to not take that chip upgrade in china.
Ummmm i took the chip and i one hit the dude.... you gotta let your battery recharge though, just run around a lil before you do it.

You changed your difficulty? wow..... so much for putting up a fight ehh?

Last edited by bio187; 09-13-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Wow your dumb
bio187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #129
RF117

Finally created an account specifically to say, Thanks for the awesome guide. Helped me a lot to get my 1000G.
RF117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #130
superdupergizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio187 View Post
Ummmm i took the chip and i one hit the dude.... you gotta let your battery recharge though, just run around a lil before you do it.

You changed your difficulty? wow..... so much for putting up a fight ehh?
i tried doing that, i tried a bunch of times, also tried nicking the turret, mines, etc. i just can't manage, i'm too shit to deal with it on the hardest difficulty. i loaded the last save i had before the chip was fixed which was in detroit I and not II like i thought. i'll just do a speed run. still a bummer although it's much easier and quicker second time round.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #131
Kivlov

Kivlov's Gamercard
SERIOUS FUCKING WARNING!

In shanghai the first time, I accidently overheard Tong in the office, before getting access to his office. Therefore I couldnt get the ebook in his office, and seeing as nobody fucking mentions this, and that you cannot open the door in any way, or get it on the second time in shanghai, this has epicly FUCKED my game up.

Instantly turned this game from awesome to shit as fuck and makes me want to snap it and bin it.

Putting collectables in level based games is bad enough, but making shit missable and only available at one brief fucking moment is fucking bullshit.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #132
WarGod3

nice guide dude helped me get my 100% thanks
WarGod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #133
Diachron

Send a message via AIM to Diachron

Diachron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
After you leave the Policestation Pritchard tells you to go meet Jenny Alexander, she’s on Grand River Road (this is the road going from the Policestation to the Chiron Building, your apartment), dressed as your mom.
HAA! The first time I read this I didn't get the joke, until I met her in-game.

Good guide, BTW-- thanks.
Diachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #134
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
4 of 10 my ass. This game is one of the most ANNOYING piles of shit I've ever played, and I loved the first two Deux Ex's. More like 8/10 if you don't enjoy being shit on by AI that spots you through walls and numerous bugs.

But I guess this guide is for those who got suckered into to paying for it. Oh, how I feel sorry for you guys I got mine as another free rental and I feel like I was ripped off.
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #135
megregd

megregd's Gamercard
Seriously great guide. Thank you muchly!
megregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #136
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank you all for the positive replies, that makes it worth it to me!

edited the missable ebook in Tong's office if you didn't convince the manager
and added the upgrade tip for the Jaron Namir bossfight.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #137
Whatup14

whatup14's Gamercard
-Electrogravitic Technology Applications
Alice Garden Pods Area, 2nd floor #143.

This book, in Hengsha, is in pod #144, not really a big deal but you may want to correct it.
And by the way awesome guide, really helpful!
Whatup14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #138
UltmtBiz

ShackleTech's Gamercard
For The Last Straw achievement with Sandoval, do not hack ANYTHING in the Convention Center. You will get the wrong cut scene when confronting Sandoval and he will attack you. I hacked 1 alarm panel unnoticed (because I'm an exp whore) and wasn't able to talk to Sandoval at all.
UltmtBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #139
REDRagnarok

REDRagnar0k's Gamercard
Thanks rorykkok! Good guide. I beat 1k in two playthrough. The second time I've used your guide to find all Ebooks.
REDRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #140
InvalidAddress

SarcasticRobot's Gamercard
Great guide, thank you!
Made life super easy for the secondary mission achievements.
InvalidAddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #141
vicioushunter

This is a sick guide. I really like his mention of no return points and how to do save files.
Deus Ex 3 (420/1000)
Sleep is for the weak.
vicioushunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #142
SyKo bAmBi

SyKo bAmBi's Gamercard
Thanks

Didnt get everything the first time through this will help with the second. Thanks again.
SyKo bAmBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #143
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
This game need serious planning and guide opened all the time not to make a wrong turn or miss something.
But if you are smart enough and save a lot you should not have any problem with missing something.

Got 700g from 1st playthrough, 3 x 100g i left for 2nd one.
Thanks for a guide!

(I always saved/kept 1-2 praxis in my inventory for some upgrades i should need to get e-book or for main missions)

Last edited by Priit3; 10-13-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #144
chriss1983

carlingboy's Gamercard
Great guide Rokk.. I kinda started this game and completed it twice b4 i saw your guide. I got all the cheevios apart from 3. so will use your guide to get them.. Thanks mate!
chriss1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #145
chriss1983

carlingboy's Gamercard
HI. Finally got 100% thanks for the guide!
chriss1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #146
UltimaJenko

UltimaJenko's Gamercard
By the way, on the achievement "The Take" can you please edit it so at the end you type "and click ACCEPT" because its not stated and might confuse people. Thanks for the guide!
UltimaJenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #147
Feonyx

Send a message via Yahoo to Feonyx

feonyx's Gamercard
In Shanghai Justice
line- Make a save before talking to Hong.

Dudes man is Lee Hong. Malik and all the quest updates talk about "Lee"

Also it is "Falsified, Drunk, Antique Clock, Pregnant, LIMB/Belltower" you missed Drunk...
Feonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #148
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I tried to finding the ebooks on my own during my first run through and found that I had missed a couple when the achievement hadn't popped. Been using this guide during my "Pacifist" run and so far hadn't missed a single one. A great guide so far!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #149
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
In a rush so couldn't look through all the posts, but can I get all the eBooks from Detroit 1 in Detroit 2? (except for the one-time locations etc)

Thanks and great guide guys!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #150
darktempest87

I think you have to do some of the sidequests the first time you're in detroit to get at least one of the books. I read that in a different thread, I believe
darktempest87 is offline   Reply With Quote