PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Motorsport 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #31
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wah wah wah...all I hear is crying. You'll spend 6+ hours trying to get a 50gs cheevo on COD Zombies, yet think that loading up a match for 5 seconds with a borrowed kinnect plugged into your console is "ABSOLUTLEY RIDICULOUS BULLSHIT ZOMGBBQ!"
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #32
KAPiNG

KAPiNG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Marston View Post

Well from all peoples surrounding me, friends and friends on xbox live. NO one even has it. IMO theres no point in this Id rather go drive my truck then hold some sticks and drive a car on tv.. Then same let say for cabela DH2011 you dont see the gun since they made it for the kinect or gun thing you hold. Id rather go shoot my 300mag at a bear or anything then at the tv with a plastic thing.

A gaming system IMO you need a remote good gameplay/online and graphics. Now forza inputs kinect.

Just saying Atleast 20 people I know in town got new xbox without KINECT. Only 2 person I know that have kinect is its there parents bought it for kids.
KAPiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #33
Astreon

Astreon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game that is "useable" with Kinect but not required. Whether you buy it or play at a friends house whatever, is irrelevent. I don't know anyone with Kinect and I am absolutely disgusted at the inclusion of this achievement. I can only see this as a huge can of worms being opened with future Kinect compatible games. "Lead your squad through a level using Kinect voice controls" "Get a grenade kill by waving your arm like a Jedi in a ranked match" there is no limit to the way these achievements can be added to games, and I almost think Microsoft would push games to do it if they are Kinect compatible.

I have absolutely no intention of buying Kinect, and I have no intention of playing Forza 4 now. It isn't because I won't get the 1000, it is because of the audacity of the developer who were probably forced by microsoft corporate to include an achievement that basically shoves Kinect in my face. I don't care if you make games Kinect compatible, thats fine, but making a game that basically requires the purchase of additional hardware that is not already required to play the game as intended is basically like a nut shot with a wiffle ball bat.

As for the rest of the achievements, it is basically Forza 3's list with 1 clever achievement and the addition of 2 very very bad achievements. That being import a Forza 3 save file and the Kinect one. So not only do you want me to go through every event (probably double Forza 3's event list) again and get 1st. But I need Kinect and a Forza 3 save file as well? Forza 4 sold out, basically pushing Microsofts new baby Kinect, plus a warthog in the game as well....... are you kidding me?

Ruining an awesome game by gimmicky trash. I bet you see "Halo" billboards on tracks and Ronald Mcdonald as guest race announcer too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Batmobile with Arkham City Advertisement as the 1st "Unicorn Car"
This guy hit the nail on the head: it's about this being a slippery slope and paving the way for future titles to do the same. All we have to do is look at the current state of DLC (extensive pre-planned and day-zero content, vendor exclusive content, season passes) to see how things can get worse.

If nobody complains about this stuff, and I don't think most will, then I'd expect to see it in many more games from MS-owned developers. It's almost impossible to own a "complete edition" of many current triple-a titles because of vendor exclusive content, and it is nasty to see completion heading down the same path.

Last edited by Astreon; 08-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Astreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #34
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I have the following things to say:

1) There's a Kinect achievement, the world won't end.

2) There's an achievement tied to Forza 3, I wonder if you'll need the disc to get the achievement.

3) I wonder if it's possible for x360a to pool money together for a unicorn car, and then transfer it from person to person, to unlock the achievement.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #35
Moe Marston

It's sad that no one plays for fun anymore. I guess the 360 is everyone's first console.
Moe Marston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #36
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Marston View Post
It's sad that no one plays for fun anymore. I guess the 360 is everyone's first console.
Couldn't agree more, takes me back to the N64 days where me and my mates would play for hours for the sheer fun, and not compete for 'goals'

Can't believe how many people are throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old about achievements, i'm looking forward to seeing the new and improved car graphics and gameplay, not to mention the autovista mode and top gear track.

So there will be 1 achievement i know i will never unlock. But it has been said before, that you do not need to buy a kinect to experience what the game has on offer. and before anyone says anything about the kinect intergrated gameplay, remember no one was bitching about this before the achievement list was revealed.

Turn 10 is merely open to new ideas by intergrating the kinect and if you believe what Dan Greenawalt says, kinect is actually making the graphics better so i am more than happy to sacrifice 5 lousy points for a better looking game but hey if the only thing people care about with video games these days is posting in their sig how many 1000/1000 games they have completed then pick up a few disney games next time your out and leave the adult games to the adults.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
kinect is actually making the graphics better so i am more than happy to sacrifice 5 lousy points for a better looking game
You are not making any sense at all.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #38
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
You are not making any sense at all.
Challenge accepted

I was refering to this article. LINK: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...ct”.html

So if Turn 10 refused to intergrate kinect you wouldn't have the kinect achievement but you wouldn't have nicer graphics either, was merely stating which one i would prefer.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #39
Deimenried

Deimenried's Gamercard
I have to agree, if you're so bothered about achievements then just borrow a Kinect sensor off of somebody. If you are actually bothered about the game itself and are genuinely looking forward to it then 5G here or there is nothing. It'd be nice to get 100% on every game we own, but it's not always possible.

Don't get so worked up about console achievements. You can't put them on your resume/CV, it won't change anything.

There is no "Plan A".
Deimenried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #40
OWNISHER

OWNISHER's Gamercard
This is a major bummer. I love Forza, it is my favorite game franchise and usually the only one that I ever get to 100% on. Having to buy a connect just to get to that last 5 achivment points sucks
OWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #41
Bloodrune

Bloodrune's Gamercard
Nobody says you have to buy it. That's why they made the achievement so small, they probably figured the nuts would only cry if it was significant like 50g. But 5...c'mon now.
Bloodrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 AM   #42
EpicPandemic

TheEpicPandemic's Gamercard
To be honest, it looks like there is not much point complaining about the kinect achievement, because it will be the least of your worries :

"To give you an idea of the sort of time investment that you will need, Turn 10's target is to have less than 1% of players with any manufacturer at level 50 within the first 24 months. You may not be pleased to know that one achievement will involve getting a manufacturer affinity to level 50."

Looks like Forza 4 will be the SO4 of racing games. Cant wait for this =)
EpicPandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #43
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPandemic View Post
To be honest, it looks like there is not much point complaining about the kinect achievement, because it will be the least of your worries :

"To give you an idea of the sort of time investment that you will need, Turn 10's target is to have less than 1% of players with any manufacturer at level 50 within the first 24 months. You may not be pleased to know that one achievement will involve getting a manufacturer affinity to level 50."

Looks like Forza 4 will be the SO4 of racing games. Cant wait for this =)
Does that mean you have to get one car to level 50 or does it combine all cars for a certain manufacturer?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #44
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game

Wrong!

You can play 90%+ of Forza 4 without kinect. To play 100% of the game you need kinect and to get 100% of the achievements you need kinect.

The box art tells you this with the 'kinect compatible' (or whatever it says) logo so in my view that makes the achievement list perfectly reasonable.

Stop getting angry over nothing.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #45
EpicPandemic

TheEpicPandemic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Does that mean you have to get one car to level 50 or does it combine all cars for a certain manufacturer?
I imagine its based on all the cars within a manufacturer... so you would pick one and grind it out to level 50. But if Turn 10s estimations are correct, the Kinect achievement will be the last thing on your mind.
EpicPandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #46
Dragon86

Draco86's Gamercard
In all honesty the achievement that will most likely keep me from 100% this game will not be the Kinect acheivement. It is a very easy achievement to acquire and only requires me to go to Best Buy. The three achievements that will most keep me away are " Unicorn Hunter" (sounds like a luck based achievement and even if you could outright buy it, the costs should be sky high), "Factory Driver" and "Bucket List" (just from the time commitment). This alone is a total of 150 G's
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #47
Insanedude

insanedude13's Gamercard
...bucket list.
not again!!!
Insanedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #48
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris666 View Post
I don't get it. What's a unicorn car?
Unicorn Cars are usually put on the auction house by Turn10 and go for stupid money like $20+ million credits so they were rare in Forza3 and hard to come by

Turn10 say they'll have there own tab in the auction house now so they'll be easier to find (but still not as easy to win) and they'll be putting more on in Forza4 so hopefully more people can get them
Old 09-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #49
IEvil IMonkey

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I have the following things to say:

1) There's a Kinect achievement, the world won't end.

2) There's an achievement tied to Forza 3, I wonder if you'll need the disc to get the achievement.

3) I wonder if it's possible for x360a to pool money together for a unicorn car, and then transfer it from person to person, to unlock the achievement.
@2 The achievement just needs a save from Forza3 not the actual game

@3 The achievement needs you to actually BE THE WINNING BIDDER I'm afraid so passing the car around wouldnt work in this case (see below)

Unicorn Hunter10 Be the winning bidder on any "unicorn" car in the Auction House. (22)
Old 09-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #50
WoH Jabba81

Send a message via MSN to WoH Jabba81

X ONE ERICIUS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Wrong!

You can play 90%+ of Forza 4 without kinect. To play 100% of the game you need kinect and to get 100% of the achievements you need kinect.

The box art tells you this with the 'kinect compatible' (or whatever it says) logo so in my view that makes the achievement list perfectly reasonable.

Stop getting angry over nothing.

XD I am looking forward to the headtracking feature... with a wheel its heaven to look to the sides. You donīt have to drill your head, just lean to the left.

Please like my Pictures, Tunes and Liveries in ForzaMotorsport 5. Search for GT: X ONE ERICIUS
WoH Jabba81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #51
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoH Jabba81 View Post
XD I am looking forward to the headtracking feature... with a wheel its heaven to look to the sides. You donīt have to drill your head, just lean to the left.
That's one thing i really want to try as well. I hate using the controller to look around.

The only problem i may have is when i'm really into the game i start unconsciously leaning into the corners.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #52
WoH Jabba81

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
That's one thing i really want to try as well. I hate using the controller to look around.

The only problem i may have is when i'm really into the game i start unconsciously leaning into the corners.

XD allright! Some people do this with the controller as well XD!

Please like my Pictures, Tunes and Liveries in ForzaMotorsport 5. Search for GT: X ONE ERICIUS
Old 09-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #53
Fraser789

Fraser789's Gamercard
I use connect Not very often, but it's good fun when you've had a drink
Fraser789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #54
WoH Jabba81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
I use connect Not very often, but it's good fun when you've had a drink
but only with a friend ;-)

Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #55
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?
What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #56
WoH Jabba81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qonok View Post
I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?
What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?
Nothing from this.... the game accelerates and brakes itself. You just have to steer XD. Donīt linke this...

Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #57
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinadine76 View Post
@3 The achievement needs you to actually BE THE WINNING BIDDER I'm afraid so passing the car around wouldnt work in this case (see below)
Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #58
WoH Jabba81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.
If you have a unicorn car in Forza 3, the achievement will unlock just after the profile import .
I have a friend at xboxfront.de who has the game already. I looked at his achievement-list and he unlocked it right after the first race which is before the career starts.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #59
IEvil IMonkey

I just started a thread about the UNICORN cars (so sorry for posting here aswell) but I wanted some clarification on this achievement as I'm still a little confused by this...

On Forzamotorsport.net it says the following...

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Now I know you could buy these cars on the auction house for crazy money but he says here that you was also gifted them from the community team - Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns
Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #60
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

I'm not happy about the Kinect achievement. Not because it means I'll only get 995G but because achievements are supposed to be a fun little addition to the game that EVERYONE can get, skill permitting. Kinect owners does not cover everyone. The only place where Kinect achievements should exist is with Kinect-only games.

Am I going to say I'm not buying the game though? HELL FUCKING NO! I've been looking forward to this game since May, I have the Limited Edition on pre-order, and I'm getting a racing wheel for this one game. This is the definitive racing game, I'd still buy it and the wheel if every single achievement was tied to Kinect, and even then I wouldn't buy a Kinect.

As for the complaints about the achievement for getting Gold in everything and finishing season 10. Why are you surprised? Forza 2 had achievements for getting all gold, buying every single car, and reaching level 50. Forza 3 had achievements for getting all gold, finishing year 6, and reaching level 50. Everyone should have expected max driver level, all gold, and finishing a season/year achievements. Forza has always been a long game, it was never meant to be finished in a week, it's the kind of game you keep for years, the kind of game that all developers should strive to make.

As for getting a manufacturer to level 50. Who the hell doesn't have a favourite manufacturer? You could probably guess from my username and GamerTag but between the 2000GT-R, the R33 GT-R, the R34 GT-R, the Mine's R34 GT-R, the GT-R SpecV, and the Calsonic GT-R getting myself to level 50 Nissan won't be an issue. Just choose your favourite manufacturer and use their cars in races, there's literally no reason to grind this.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote