PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Exclamation Extra Credit's Racism Accusation

I saw that video last night. Quite frankly, it disgusted me.

"A level where the only enemies are black, and you get an achievement for killing 40 enemies. That's racist"

...What if they were white? No one would have said anything. And that's real racism right there.

Look at Gran Torino...no one said anything about the racism, because the whole movie was about...anti-racism.

People say that this game was offensive towards Mexicans.

Well, with all due respect, I do send my prayers and condolences to those who have lost loved ones to the Drug Cartels. But this game really wasn't strictly about the drug war.

Well, I do not want to get into the whole spiel with Ubisoft and Techland (I do think Techland should find another publisher after the trick Ubi pulled), but this game is supposed to be about a fictionaldrug cartel.

While the Sinaloa, Juarez, and Tijuana Cartels often resort to terroristic acts, and heinous violence, the Mendoza Cartel in TC works differently.

This FICTIONAL cartel deals in the following: gun running, kidnapping, illegal prostitution, sex trafficking, murder, terrorism, and the selling of drugs.

This game was considered racist because it claimed that American women are kidnapped by cartels and sold in mexico. Yes that doesn't happen.

This cartel (IN THE GAME), was said to be a new player. Obviously Juan Mendoza was new to the Cartel business, and by the looks of things, is more organized than most cartels, and works more like a Mafia family. He even has contacts with US Government, and rogue PMCs.

So it makes perfect sense that this fictional cartel kidnaps american women, and sells them (In the game, this was an international sex trafficking ring, so apparantly Mendoza has contacts with various organized crime groups throughout the world).

Extra Credit said this game supported hated against women, becuase you "choke" strippers.

They don't have a clue what they are saying, the worst that the characters did was grab them by the throat. Nowhere close to even choking them.

IMO, it is this ignorance, and close-mindedness, and political correctness that is ruining society.

These strippers in the game were acting like a bunch of smart-a**es, and honestly they deserved it, fictional or real.

I really do believe that law enforcement should (under certain conditions)
resort to excessive force, especially when suspects want to act like a jacka**. Dirty Harry when it came out was very controversial, but the public wanted police to be like him. Because when it all comes down to it, you need to say it like it is, whether or not it offends someone (I'm not saying that a police officer should call a suspect a ni**er, or a c*ink, or a s*ic, but they should be allowed to use force and to show the suspect their place.

IMO, Extra Credit is full of crap, racist themselves (I did not hear of any racism accusations from previous CoJ games (Both games have levels where the only enemies are Native Americans), but hey, I think it is time society needs to "grow a pair" and need to learn what real racism is (The Holocaust, the KKK)

And like I said before I send my condolences to those who have been affected by real-life Cartels violence and tyranny. I pray that they get punished under full extent of the law.

Sorry for this rant, I just needed to get this off my chest.

P.S. By the way, am I the only person in the world that actually enjoyed this game? I loved the story, perfect for the CoJ universe. Multiplayer is pretty cool, and I loved the references to previous CoJ games, and especially the references to many neo-western films, and cop films.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
Nerdz0r

BodrumKebab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I always agree with this sort of thing. It seems to be racist to kill people of a minority on games, yet not racist to kill white people.

Assuming the racism is in killing a black person over a white person is racist.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
XgearfreeX

lamebeer4206's Gamercard
Racism?

I am on the last level, first play through. I had no clue the game is supposedly Racist. I have many other games where N,S, and C "Racist slang" is thrown around very constantly and they got no bad rep. I think they just picked a game out of a hat to Slander.

If they threw out bad rep, i would thought of it being for the Ta-Tas in it.

at any rate no one should believe this is even on the top 200 racist games on this console.
XgearfreeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XgearfreeX View Post
I am on the last level, first play through. I had no clue the game is supposedly Racist. I have many other games where N,S, and C "Racist slang" is thrown around very constantly and they got no bad rep. I think they just picked a game out of a hat to Slander.

If they threw out bad rep, i would thought of it being for the Ta-Tas in it.

at any rate no one should believe this is even on the top 200 racist games on this console.
Sir, besides the poster above you, you seem to be one of the few people who have common sense now-a-days. I just want to talk about the whole "game slandering" thing.

Critics have said TC was horrible because "bad graphics, cheesy storyline, "characters use too much F-bombs and detracts from gameplay", and was trying to be a rip-off of GTA and Mafia."

Ok,

1. Graphics are as good as Dead Island's (Both made by Techland and run on the same engine). So that just got busted.

2. Storyline was perfect for the CoJ universe (Third time I got to fight in the Alcazar (Juarez' fort), and the gold AGAIN!. Again...busted.

3. How come I haven't heard anything about "too much F-bombs" from these games: (Grand Theft Auto IV, Homefront, Army of Two, or Call of Duty: Black Ops), talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

4. Nothing in this game at all reminded me of GTA or Mafia. To me this was a non-cheesy, and actually awesome version of Walker, Texas Ranger (Well, replace Chuck with Ben McCall, and can dual wield the SW Model 29 (Dirty Harry FTW!).

So yes, people are essentially hating on this game only because of the modern twist. Which I liked. When I was travelling through the ruins of the Alcazar I got the same feeling of nostalgia when I was playing AC: Brotherhood and was running around the ruins of the Auditore Villa. (Can't wait to see when the eventual AC comes out where you only play as Desmond).

But here is my prediction on the upcoming CoJ games will be (not in any particular order):

1. A game about Billy after CoJ 1
2. A game set before CoJ 1 about billy
3. two games about a new protagonist
4. a game set after The Cartel.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote