Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #31
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)

Since Dance Central 2 took a picture of it, I figured I would share my set up. Both are the same, but slightly different. The one on the left is a coat on a standing lamp with a pair of blue jeans hanging off the on'off knob. Both are still on the hanger. The one on the right (partly obsccured) works better. It is an adustable mic stand that I use for Rock Band with a jacket hanging off the top and an old pair of pyjamas hanging off the mid section. Just to be safe, I put an old stuffed animal in the jacket and hung a hat on it.

It has helped me with a number of games, though they can't replace a human player for the skill required achievements. Plus, Game Party would sign them in as me occasionally. But, since I don't like involving others in my grinding, they are a godsend.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I was actually able to trick the Kinect sensor by holding up a pillow longwise (think torso) straight out to the side. Arm was fully extended and it thought it was another person everytime.
I used this method for KinectAdventures, my boyfriend didn't want to play every level with me, so I improvised
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Back when I was married, I'd use my wife. On one occasion I even had my son help me out but nowadays I have to use objects to come up with that second player.

I've played all the Fun Labs games except for Kinect Sparkler and have done all the local achievements without a second actual person. Here's what I do:

1 Computer Chair
1 Stand-up fan (a tower I guess?) OR suitcase
1 leather jacket put over the fan/suitcase to trick width or whatever with the sensor bar.

Sometimes additional items are used like a box underneath the fan or whatever, but most times I set the chair up then put the fan/suitcase on the chair with the leather jacket "worn" over top of that. I have to usually screw around a bit before it recognizes and on some weird cases I've had to be the second player while it was recognized as primary.

I've fiddled with it, gotten it to recognize and have been able to unlock pretty much any local player achievement with this. Yeah, even on I Am Super. It's tricky but with the jacket I had to flip the arms up at the same time to force the "power move" then me as the primary would interrupt for that achievement. It was also tricky to get the Musical Feet, I had to bring in an additional item (a sword stuck through the sleeves of the jacket) to trick the sensor into believing the "second player" was holding a guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
iamts

OhScottishElite's Gamercard
You should just buy some friends on the internet.
iamts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #35
oni474

oni474's Gamercard
My Kinect picks up my tower fan whether I like it or not. I have to take it out of the room to play alone.
oni474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
For the times when I can't get friends to help out I use a folding wall. Never had to put clothes on it or anything, works great for everything from kinect fun labs to dance central.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #37
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phot0Harv View Post
i was playing once an my dog came into the room and the kinect recognize him
This has happened to me too. My dog actually helped me get an achievement in one of the Kinect Fun Labs games. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

His name is B.Ob.

He's made from an empty DVD stand, a coat hanger for the neck and a baseball bat for the arms.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #39
DragonessAthena

DragonessHera's Gamercard
The only time I tried faking another player for Fruit Ninja, I used a giant plush Yoshi and shook him around until the Kinect registered it as a person. I tried the brooms with clothing before but it didn't work. 3 foot Yoshi, yeah, that has to be a person.
DragonessAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #40
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonessAthena View Post
The only time I tried faking another player for Fruit Ninja, I used a giant plush Yoshi and shook him around until the Kinect registered it as a person. I tried the brooms with clothing before but it didn't work. 3 foot Yoshi, yeah, that has to be a person.
I had a bit of trouble at first, but turning on more lights fixed the problem.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #41
greyeeyore

I didn't even think about doing something like this, I will have to give it a try.
greyeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post

This is my creation, I named him Bob. He helped me with the two player achievements on Kinect Adventures.
Pretty sweet rig, ROFL!

I just force one of my roommates, never considered building some sort of contraption :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.

Last edited by Kunduz; 05-14-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #43
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Pretty sweet rig, ROFL!

I just force one of my roommates, never considered building some sort of contraption :P
Thanks man, I don't really have anyone around who likes to game, so rather than force them, I just built Bob. He enjoys it anyhow. With Kinect Adventures, I remember I had to stand behind him and be his hands, to select things. Whose Line is it Anyway style. Thank God no one saw me, it could have been awkward.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
I also used a large pillow that i had ,but not always worked.
A big bravo to all of you that built a second player.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #45
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
I'm so glad my wife is glad to help. lol

This seems like too much work. I must get more achievements! Not build some contraption. =P
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #46
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
Thanks man, I don't really have anyone around who likes to game, so rather than force them, I just built Bob. He enjoys it anyhow. With Kinect Adventures, I remember I had to stand behind him and be his hands, to select things. Whose Line is it Anyway style. Thank God no one saw me, it could have been awkward.
LOL dude that's funny.

Luckily I always have a family member that can help with the 2 player achievements. Some of these ideas are great though.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #47
BitterFlipper9

BitterFlipper9's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worhammer View Post

His name is B.Ob.

He's made from an empty DVD stand, a coat hanger for the neck and a baseball bat for the arms.
Haha, that's pretty hilarious. I'd love to see that in person.
BitterFlipper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
CrimsRayne

xephany's Gamercard
I used a poster of a person and was able to get an achievement in Once Upon A Monster... The only problem I had was the game requires both players to wave at the kinect and it was hard to reach my arm around to wave from behind the poster... My hubby did say that he will help me with some of the achievements in the future, but he doesn't like to play with the kinect because of his bad knee.
CrimsRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
ImDannn

I always thought Kinect sensed people by heat.

Boy... was I wrong.
ImDannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Warstorm Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worhammer View Post

His name is B.Ob.

Haha, made my day . Quite creative .
Warstorm Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #51
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warstorm Lord View Post
Haha, made my day . Quite creative .
Glad you liked it. I happened to have the mask lying around from Halloween a couple years ago. Decided to have fun and get some pictures with me and ol' Obama.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #52
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Here's what I did for Millionaire:

Just moved a sleeve to pick answers for player 2.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #53
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post

Since Dance Central 2 took a picture of it, I figured I would share my set up. Both are the same, but slightly different. The one on the left is a coat on a standing lamp with a pair of blue jeans hanging off the on'off knob. Both are still on the hanger. The one on the right (partly obsccured) works better. It is an adustable mic stand that I use for Rock Band with a jacket hanging off the top and an old pair of pyjamas hanging off the mid section. Just to be safe, I put an old stuffed animal in the jacket and hung a hat on it.

It has helped me with a number of games, though they can't replace a human player for the skill required achievements. Plus, Game Party would sign them in as me occasionally. But, since I don't like involving others in my grinding, they are a godsend.
I couldn't help laughing at that, some of the things people have used to fake other players are hilarious. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Last edited by Chaz Of Sparta; 06-09-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #54
OwlsNewts

OwlsNewts's Gamercard
A chair with a jacket on helps. For the head, I simply balance a tissue box on top of the chair.
OwlsNewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #55
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
When no one is available I put my dog in the computer chair and he picks up.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #56
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info in this thread, it helped me to get the co-op achievements in Sesame Street. I used a long lamp stand and put a long leather jacket on it.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #57
AbbyYukiko

AbbyYukiko's Gamercard
I found that holding a pillow out beside me worked when trying to get the achievement for having two players in Kinect Adventures. For actually playing the game, my desk chair wearing a shirt/ my desk chair with the pillow sitting on it seems to work quite well
AbbyYukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #58
Ev0 Fir3 2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Ev0 Fir3 2009

Evo Fire's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goatfather View Post
Blow up sex dolls might do the trick.
LOL!!!! i think i just hurt myself laughing !
Ev0 Fir3 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #59
demon2236

Demon2236's Gamercard
those are some great ideas will have to try that out.
demon2236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #60
h0llyw00dh0sp

Mr Beysus's Gamercard
I've always wondered how to do this
h0llyw00dh0sp is offline   Reply With Quote