PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Dork de Jour

Dork de Jour's Gamercard
So the Ghostbusters crew are behind Star Wars Kinect...

That's cool. It's one of my job duties at work to give info to customers on games that are coming out, and that includes the track record of the developer, be it positive...or negative.

Just saying.
Dork de Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That explains why that game looks so bad. I've already decided I'm never gonna buy another of their games without a crazy reason.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
First, Ghostbusters doesn't look that bad visually, albeit some facial textures are off and some of the vocal syncing was off, too. Any wrongs in the game are made up for by the fact that Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd have not lost a single step where their writing talents and concerned and that Billy Murray is just...awesome. Second, I probably wouldn't buy the Star Wars Kinect game if BioWare made it, so it's kind of a moot point.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Meant bad as in not good, visually it looks fine.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
pistonh

ZiggaMan1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Indeed. And we know all of this to be true because they've pushed back the release date to "refine" the game "to its full potential" as being the official reason. There's further evidence from the demos they've done at E3 & Gamescom, etc. where you can see that the lag between the player's action and the in-game response being extremely long or totally the opposite of the gesture intended. This is really bad because there's games out there like Fruit Ninja, Rise of Nightmares, & the demo for The Gunstringer where they have none of those problems and it's very responsive.
pistonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Um...ok. I mean, I agree that the Kinect Star Wars game is gonna bean even bigger cash in than the multiple home movie rereleases of the actual SW movies themselves but I thought Ghostbusters was underrated.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
CrazyJack666

CrazyJack666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreBall View Post
Um...ok. I mean, I agree that the Kinect Star Wars game is gonna bean even bigger cash in than the multiple home movie rereleases of the actual SW movies themselves but I thought Ghostbusters was underrated.
It is underrated, you're looking at one of the underraters right there.
CrazyJack666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
xXmattman89Xx

xXmattman89Xx's Gamercard
it looks like its gonna be good, I have loads of fun playing ghostbusters
xXmattman89Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #9
Riskbreaker Kyo

Riskbreaker Kyo's Gamercard
Quote:
That explains why that game looks so bad. I've already decided I'm never gonna buy another of their games without a crazy reason.
I actually thought the single player was really good. It's the multiplayer that is buggy. However, Terminal Reality only made the single player part of Ghostbusters. Threeware Software made the buggy multiplayer, not Terminal Reality. It's right there on the legal screen.

As for Star Wars Kinect, its still too early to cast any judgement just yet (at least in my opinion).
Riskbreaker Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote