PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 08
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #61
cdawgoku

Cdawgoku's Gamercard
Conference's w/ Championships
ACC
Conference USA
MAC
SEC
Big 12

BCS Schools
Big 10
Big 12
Big East
Pac 10
ACC
SEC

Went onto Yahoo.com and they have a list of all the schools,which conferences they are in, and divisions. Any Conference w/ a Division will have a championship. I'm not positive about any other conference's that have them.
cdawgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #62
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
can i use Notre Dame to get the conference invite... and if i can how many years of simulating will i get this achievement?

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #63
Rabid Piranha

Rabid Piranha's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this is prolly a stupid question but wouldn't erasing the NCAA 08 off of your hard disk not take away the achievements you already have?
Rabid Piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #64
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Piranha View Post
this is prolly a stupid question but wouldn't erasing the NCAA 08 off of your hard disk not take away the achievements you already have?
No, because achievements that you have unlocked will remain there. I've had to delete many games from my profile to conserve space on my 20 GB HDD.

No $$$ for an Elite yet. Waiting for the 65-nm versions.

Awaiting: BRINK, Gears of War 3, LA Noire
--------------
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

--------------
"God is eternal...this world is not. And neither are you."
AzraelPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #65
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0PTIMUS PRIMEo View Post
can i use Notre Dame to get the conference invite... and if i can how many years of simulating will i get this achievement?

Yes, you can use Independents. Notre Dame, of course, the easiest to use of those teams.

--------------

--------------
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #66
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSPIDERMONKEYa View Post
the way i got my invite was i was WMU and simulate 4 seasons but i had boosted the QB,RB,WR,TE,MLB,CB,FS,SS and made there stats 99 and they were freshman so i would have them for 4 years and when they went to the pro draft i convinced them to stay
How is this done? I've been to the editing section and it only allows me to edit equipment and bio information. It won't let me boost their stats. I've played through 2 brand-new dynasties with WMU and no 1-star to 6-star achievement. This is likely going to be my last play-thru as I'm playing all of my conference title and bowl games to make sure that the darn thing unlocks.

--------------

--------------
Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #67
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Western Michigan Just Won't Work

at least not for me.

I'm all out of ideas. This is the only blasted achievement that I need for this game to be finished.

--------------

--------------
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #68
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Can't get a BCS invite.... I use Eastern Michigan since that's the team the guide used and never get an invite. I have won 6 straight seasons 14-0. I even tried changing my schedule around so I would face top 25 teams only. Nothing works.... Over 20hrs of simulating down the drain.

Edit 1: I'm using Fl Atlantic now and was wondering if I should deny all invites unless it's a bcs invite?

Edit 2: I finally got my achievement in 2020. This should work well though if you're having problems getting the bcs invite to unlock. Choose a team that's not in the BCS obviously... I used Eastern Michigan the first time, but tried notre dame out and found they work even better. All you have to do is sim and make sure notre dame wins every game. And when you're in the off season you'll get an option to choose what teams you would like to be scheduled against. Choose all big 10 teams and if you don't unlock it that year, you should the next. Much easier than simming 20years. lol

Last edited by The Pants Party; 10-11-2007 at 12:18 PM.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #69
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsicle View Post
Can't get a BCS invite.... I use Eastern Michigan since that's the team the guide used and never get an invite. I have won 6 straight seasons 14-0. I even tried changing my schedule around so I would face top 25 teams only. Nothing works.... Over 20hrs of simulating down the drain.

Edit 1: I'm using Fl Atlantic now and was wondering if I should deny all invites unless it's a bcs invite?

Edit 2: I finally got my achievement in 2020. This should work well though if you're having problems getting the bcs invite to unlock. Choose a team that's not in the BCS obviously... I used Eastern Michigan the first time, but tried notre dame out and found they work even better. All you have to do is sim and make sure notre dame wins every game. And when you're in the off season you'll get an option to choose what teams you would like to be scheduled against. Choose all big 10 teams and if you don't unlock it that year, you should the next. Much easier than simming 20years. lol
Got mine after two years at TCU.

Working on 1-star to 6-star now. It's the last one for me. :-(

Edit: FINALLY!!! Ball State got it for me. It won't unlock until after the 'Updating Records' section passes. I also got an invite to the Big Ten after my sixth season there, but I had already gotten the BCS Invite achievement. Word of advice: you don't have to win every game early on. In my first season at Ball State, I went 10-3, won the MAC, and my bowl as well. Second season, 11-2, no MAC title, but won my bowl (Toledo went undefeated that season). My prestige increased both seasons because I improved on my prior season and I fulfilled the goals that my AD (Athletic Director) had set for me. If you want to see your goals for the current season, it's in the 'Promises' section of the 'Recruiting' portion of the Dynasty.

--------------

--------------

Last edited by AzraelPC; 10-11-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #70
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got the 1-6 star fairly easily... I had to do it 3 times because it was glitched, but still it could have been worse.

Now I can't get the bowling achievement. I spent about an hr and a half and now it's glitching. If I hear next years title is as buggy, this will be the last time I play a ncaa football game.

Last edited by newbsicle; 10-11-2007 at 02:11 PM.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #71
NewYorkJetsFAN

NewYorkJetsFAN's Gamercard
All right I'm pretty pissed right now. I already did the 1-6 star thing (without simming even one game with Buffalo), won the Heisman at least five times and won the National Championship twice but no fucking achievements. I tried deleting all of it off my hard drive and simulating with USC who won the Nat'l Champ. but still no achievement. Why wont it give me them?!
NewYorkJetsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:02 AM   #72
Doggydogg4

Can I turn a 1 star-6 star in Campus Legend?
Doggydogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 AM   #73
ravensfanyuya

Send a message via AIM to ravensfanyuya Send a message via MSN to ravensfanyuya Send a message via Yahoo to ravensfanyuya

jwheelz88's Gamercard
i got all but the interception record...wat teams did u guys use to get this

Completed Games: Retail (10) Arcade (2)
ravensfanyuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:27 AM   #74
ravensfanyuya

Send a message via AIM to ravensfanyuya Send a message via MSN to ravensfanyuya Send a message via Yahoo to ravensfanyuya

jwheelz88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsicle View Post

yea i used Hawaii to get this...only took 3 seasons for me...i just changed my schedule so i play as many of the Pac-10 teams as i could

Completed Games: Retail (10) Arcade (2)
ravensfanyuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #75
Bellend124

Send a message via MSN to Bellend124

MarvlousBellend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfanyuya View Post
i got all but the interception record...wat teams did u guys use to get this
What i did was pick a good team and go to the roster and edit their DBs to be 7 feet tall, have maxed speed, catching, route recognition, etc. (anything that might help with interceptions)

Then pick a crappy team and make the receivers 5'6" and have the worst catching and speed around 30.

After that set up the crappy team on another controller and always throw hail marys while running the same defense the entire time. Pick one of your maxed DBs and just intercept all the passes until you get it. Note that it is easier if you have a sibling who will do the passing part for you - I got my uncle to help me for a couple mins

Gotta love that this 98% of this forum only follows current games. No one remains active in forums of games they've finished. Good luck getting achievement tips for an original release.
Bellend124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #76
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Many achievements are not unlocking for me. Conference Championship, Bowl Win, 350 passing yards in a game, 4th quarter comeback. Seems that any achievement that would lock at the end of a game isn't working. All the ones that unlock immediately (records) are unlocking.

Any idea on what to do?!?

Edit: Nevermind, deleted my files and now they are unlocking.

Last edited by exorr; 01-17-2008 at 11:15 PM.
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #77
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Use Texas for Mr February. I tried USC 5 times and could only get a max of 3 5 stars by the end of the season. I then did Texas and they got me 11 5 stars the first season!
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #78
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
There's something about the recruiting with Texas that just seems unfair. I think it has something to do with number of high quality high school recruits that the state of Texas puts out every year. Being a good Texas school gives you an unnaturally high chance of keeping those kids in state. I too played as USC and won back-to-back National Championships and never even made it into the top ten recruiting classes. One season with Texas that ended with a loss in the National Championship Game and I had the best recruiting class by far. I guess you just don't mess with Texas.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #79
efn1221

Not sure what is wrong with my game but I've won 2 BCS titles and still can't get the achievement unlocked. Any ideas?
efn1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #80
xGuzzyBearx

Send a message via AIM to xGuzzyBearx Send a message via MSN to xGuzzyBearx

Guzzy2792's Gamercard
omg im so mad so i got like 120 G from one super sim game..then i did it again and i wall up 99 to 23 in the last quarter so i wudnt go over 100 point b/c ppl said sumethn about not getting GS then dics unreadbale..look at game..game is cracked on the 360 seal on baqq..fckin gamefly bull shit..so i have to get all the achiev. w/o playin one game at all..impossible?
xGuzzyBearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #81
HoodedFurball

HoodedFurball's Gamercard
Finally!!! I felt like getting the 1000 gamerscore was going to take forever!! especally the 1-star to 6-star prestige...well onto the next game!
HoodedFurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #82
Im Justa Newb

Im Justa Newb's Gamercard
Currently getting these acheivements now. Thanks for the guide, helps to get organised.
100% Retail (21): Avatar, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, Fight Night 3, Halo 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Bully Scholarship Edition, NCAA Football 08, The Simpsons Game, Eragon, NCAA Football 07, Madden NFL 06, Cars, Madden NFL 08, X-Men: The Official Game, Spiderman: FoF, DiRT, NCAA March Madness 08, Tetris: Evolution, and some others I probably have now but just haven't updated yet. =\
Im Justa Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #83
Im Justa Newb

Im Justa Newb's Gamercard
Can someone please help, I just got the 1-6 star with Buffalo and didn't get the BCS Conference Invite!!!!! anyone know why??

I'm angry and going to sleep, if someone would post I'd be very greatful.

Thanks
100% Retail (21): Avatar, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, Fight Night 3, Halo 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Bully Scholarship Edition, NCAA Football 08, The Simpsons Game, Eragon, NCAA Football 07, Madden NFL 06, Cars, Madden NFL 08, X-Men: The Official Game, Spiderman: FoF, DiRT, NCAA March Madness 08, Tetris: Evolution, and some others I probably have now but just haven't updated yet. =\
Im Justa Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #84
smashngrab77

smashngrab77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThumme View Post
Simmed two seasons with Hawai'i, and got the Pipeline achievement after the first season and the BCS Invite (Pac-10) the second year...try this if your having problems.
did you have a perfect record when you simmed?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #85
tl nike 06

Send a message via AIM to tl nike 06

umass prodigy's Gamercard
great guide

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
tl nike 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #86
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Mr. February
30 Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a season in single team Dynasty Mode.
To get this you basically have to have the most 5-Star recruits during an off-season. If you win all your games as well as the National Championship, this really shouldn't be a problem. I got seven 5-Stars after winning every game and the championship with USC, so go with that if you're having trouble.

I did what you said, but I can't get the achievement to unlock. What should I do? I have tried twice and nothing. Could you please tell me exactly how you unlocked it. If you still remember. Thanks.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #87
The2ndComing792

Very well written and helpful guide.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 AM   #88
XxChiCubs32xX

XxChiCubs32xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice guide but either way very easy achievements
XxChiCubs32xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #89
MikeJG24

Send a message via AIM to MikeJG24

TW MikeJG24's Gamercard
Pisses me off that I had to delete my files to get my 1 to 6 star achievement and my BCS Conference Invites.
Madden NFL 08 = 12/29/2008
King Kong = 12/31/2008

Working on towards 100%:
Assassins Creed
NCAA Football 08
Battlefield Bad Company
and many more
MikeJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #90
StewCa

StewCa's Gamercard
any tips for blocking a field goal? trying to not to spend a life time trying to get this.