PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Gears of War Season Pass* (DLC)

Basically the season pass is a DLC package for all major gears fans. It is a pre-purchase available day 1, which will give you the next 4 DLC packages once they are released (The first being in Nov) for 2400 MSP, a 33% saving.

Additionally, purchase of the season pass will unlock the liquid metal skins.

Source:
http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/108176416331403264
http://www.shacknews.com/article/699...s-dated-priced

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Last edited by Hot Juicy Pie; 08-29-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
Just read this, sounds awesome - savings on DLC is always welcome, and knowing you've paid for the gears DLC in advance sounds pretty sweet to me. Seing as EPIC do kick ass DLC - Im sold!! - Also another couple of sources:

Picture of a new character and the liquid skin set!!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ason-pass.aspx

Not sure if the pic is of a guy called Gill or something from the comics ??

+

SEPTEMBER 20THHH HURRY THE F UP!!

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 08-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.
HorsemanOfWar16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
JasonBlade

I JAS0N BLAD3 I's Gamercard
Looking forward to this...i hope more games start using this "season pass" thing...it's really cool to have & u know ur good to go. That guy looks badass....can't wait to see who he is.
JasonBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
Sounds good as long as they dont put anything from the epic edition in to the season pass.
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Pretty safe to assume there will be achievements tied to the DLC, so this will be a great purchase in the long run. Kind of iffy about the advance notice though. I mean, they already have plan for 4 DLCs and prices set to them? Yeah that's not sitting well with me atm, I'm fine with DLC in general because it's mostly post-development (especially in multiplayer games) but this is a little elaborate for my liking.

Also the Liquid Metal skin is sort of what I envisioned the Chrome skin to look like before the Beta started, only shinier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Hot Juicy Pie

Alot of people online are QQing saying it seems pricy. When in reality, you're essentially buying 3 map packs and getting one free. I'm fine with that.

Especially given that Epic has gone over the 800msp standard for dlc before. Wasn't 'All Fronts' 1200-1600msp depending on which version you chose?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
Alot of people online are QQing saying it seems pricy. When in reality, you're essentially buying 3 map packs and getting one free. I'm fine with that.

Especially given that Epic has gone over the 800msp standard for dlc before. Wasn't 'All Fronts' 1200-1600msp depending on which version you chose?
All Fronts was a collection though, not a standalone DLC, so of course it was 1600 MSP when it came out. It contained $35 worth of content ($40 if you bought Gears 2 used).

EDIT: Ah I think you might have meant the Dark Corners DLC, which was 1200 MSP.

EDIT 2: Which it seems you're onto something with this. If $30 is at 33% off, the price of all 4 individually will be $45. Makes sense that 3 will be $10 and 1 will be $15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-29-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Veedrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice find on the photos and news. I will go ahead and buy it since I am sure I would have bought them separately anyway. It is actually nice they are offering this for huge Gears fans that would have bought them all at market prices anyway.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
this is worth it if the DLC include maps im not buying if the first 4 dlc and skins or something.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
ACE 120200

ACE 120200's Gamercard
looks like i'll be getting this. Wonder what the new characters real name is? I hope he comes with the season pass as well.

SiGNTuRe MaDe By dragonpwnr99
ACE 120200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm in, day one.
It was worth it for L.A. Noire, I damn well bet it'll be worth it here. But yeah, $30 is a tough swallow immediately after paying the $400 for the game/console.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'm torn. There's a part of me that wants to save money, but the other part isn't sure if the dlc will be worth $32+.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #13
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
This is a fantastic deal. I bought every map pack for gears 2 as it came out and I was pissed when the released all fronts. Good to see that I can save some money with this. Plus the weapon skins look pretty sick so it's a win-win.

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
It has been posted on the epic games site that not only does it include MP content but campaign is also included.

Link

It took a few minutes to load for me.
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
jd070993

Jack DC 93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
So I see they're doing a similar pricing strategy to Gears 2 in terms of map packs (3 map packs are 800MSP, 1 is 1200MSP), so a campaign DLC similar to Dark Corners could well be on the cards.

[Complicated Math stuff: 2400MSP is a 33% saving, so overall, the first 4 DLC's will add up to 3600MSP, which can be broken down into 3x800MSP and 1200MSP.]

Anyway, I'll buy this pass. Not sure if these passes are any good as of yet, but I felt the LA Noire pass was worth the money, and this deal improves my opinion on them. Especially when it comes with exclusive stuff

EDIT: And Epic confirmed that campaign DLC is coming anyway. That's good then.

YouTube Twitter Blog

Something will go here when I think of something.
jd070993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If you're a big enough fan of the series, this really is more positives than negatives. At least in my eyes.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
If you're a big enough fan of the series, this really is more positives than negatives. At least in my eyes.
Agreed. The only way it's a "waste of money" is if you're going to wait for another "All Fronts" pack. Or wait longer and wait for another "All Fronts for $5" sale. Those people have no need for the Season Pass.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Will definitely be worth the purchase. Would get all the DLC for the game anyway & if I'm getting a big saving like that, then it's worth it.

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #19
dang racoons

kiekan007's Gamercard
I'll probs get this around christmas that way I'll be able to see what the response is to the first lot of dlc.
dang racoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #20
ACE 120200

ACE 120200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJzero View Post
I'm in, day one.
It was worth it for L.A. Noire, I damn well bet it'll be worth it here. But yeah, $30 is a tough swallow immediately after paying the $400 for the game/console.
I feel you man...Im getting the console too, but look at it this way, its only 10% more then the console...might be easier for you to swallow then. think of it like a warranty...lol

SiGNTuRe MaDe By dragonpwnr99
ACE 120200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Hot Juicy Pie

Yo, it's Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Old 08-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #22
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I'm torn. There's a part of me that wants to save money, but the other part isn't sure if the dlc will be worth $32+.
I feel exactly the same... :/
Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #23
Theratis

theratis's Gamercard
This is getting a bit ridiculous. Within a year we've gone from companies selling mediocre addons and obvious cut content for a few more dollars to a situation where there's already content planned announced and most likely developed for almost the price of the full game. $45 of content and the game is still a month away from release. I understand they want to make money but can they do it a little less obvious or make the prices a bit more reasonable? No combined DLC is worth that $45 if you consider what's in the full game that you can find online for $50. If the past is any indication, it will give us 3x3 new maps and 3 short campaign missions. That's almost like a mini-sized game for the price of a fullsized one.

And we've already reached the point of no return as well, with people cheering about getting a $15 discount, having all but forgotten the fact that the $30 they still have to pay, is $30 more for content they used to get for free.

The moneymaking scheme is becoming too obvious and too visible. Compare it to a mosquito. You don't really mind if it stings you a bit, and the sting only hurts if you inspect it after the deed, but once it alerts you to its presence, it becomes the most annoying fucking thing you've ever encountered.

This can't keep going on people. We can't cheer at the fact we're paying $90 instead of $105 for this. ITS - TOO - MUCH. We vote with our wallets I say. Stand together and stop tolerating this nonsense! It's the only way they'll stop and learn their lesson: No more!

That said. Day 1 purchase because I'm addicted to 100% completion and oh yes shiny weapons.

Last edited by Theratis; 08-29-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Theratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
SliceDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theratis View Post
I understand they want to make money but can they do it a little less obvious or make the prices a bit more reasonable? No combined DLC is worth that $45 if you consider what's in the full game that you can find online for $50.
Well first off the I don't want to sound mean but I don't agree with you at all. Lets take a look at the game, it gets shipped with campaign, multiplayer, Beast mode, and horde mode. now lets say people will buy the game mostly for the multiplayer, not that I don't love the other modes but I can only play against bots for so long before I get bored. So the game is shipping with 10 maps for $60, now lets take a look at Gears 2 which was the same thing it shipped with 10 maps for $60. Now lets take a look at all the DLC for gears 2, not including the Flashback Maps that came free with the game if bought new there was 3 maps packs that had 14 maps between them for a total of 2800 MS points, with the flashback maps it came to 19 maps for 3200 points.

So the way I figure it the DLC is giving me more maps for less than $60. Now they just announced that there would be at least 4 DLC's and also on Rod Fergusson's Twitter he hinted that there will also be free maps to be released for the game. All in all I think it is a great deal for a great price, like I said as long as we get more maps than the game shipped with for less than $60 I think most people will be pleased. Epic has always had a good amount of DLC for a good price and I have no doubt they will do it again for Gears 3
SliceDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #25
mksystem74

mksystem74's Gamercard

I like the idea of season passes for games I know I'm going to play. I got the L.A. Noire and Mortal Kombat season passes and by the time the first DLC comes out for gears 3 I should have MS points for this.

I know the pros and cons and w/e BS way people want to spin this, but you got to realize is that your investing in a game that will last at least 3 years (How long Gears 2 lasted) and if you think the $60 you initially spent on it is gonna make you happy, don't buy the DLC. Its not like they force it upon you, its optional and for people that want more.
mksystem74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #26
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksystem74 View Post
I like the idea of season passes for games I know I'm going to play. I got the L.A. Noire and Mortal Kombat season passes and by the time the first DLC comes out for gears 3 I should have MS points for this.

I know the pros and cons and w/e BS way people want to spin this, but you got to realize is that your investing in a game that will last at least 3 years (How long Gears 2 lasted) and if you think the $60 you initially spent on it is gonna make you happy, don't buy the DLC. Its not like they force it upon you, its optional and for people that want more.
Well I and many other people I'm sure planned to buy the dlcs as they came out so this is saving us hardcore gear heads a little bit of money in the long run

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #27
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
Big Savings = Big Smiles !!
I bought all GOW DLC 1st day, so I'm def getting this regardless of what the DLC contains.lol - Thx for that info jd070993 - Quite the mathematician lol

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #28
jd070993

Jack DC 93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemanOfWar16 View Post
Big Savings = Big Smiles !!
I bought all GOW DLC 1st day, so I'm def getting this regardless of what the DLC contains.lol - Thx for that info jd070993 - Quite the mathematician lol
Hey, when you're taking A Level Maths, you have to use it somewhere, right?

YouTube Twitter Blog

Something will go here when I think of something.
jd070993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #29
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Without a doubt I will get this. Love the Gears series so I have to get this.

Too bad CoD couldn't have had something like this. 1200 x 4 DLCs = 4800 MSP. I know a ton of people that got every one when they were released (I haven;t purchased a single one of them yet). Imagine if they did a season pass for like 3800 or 4000 MSP, I bet a ton more people would have jumped on that.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #30
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
For those who don't know. The guy in the picture is Michael Barrick, a former Stranded turned Solider, from the comic series "Gears of War: Hollow".

You can get more info on him HERE if you want it.