PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Corey James

CJ Butt0nz's Gamercard
Question Neither the Golden Rod or the Focusing Stone is Showing In My Inventory... Help?

Can somebody tell me exactly which Achievements I need to have completed in order for the Focusing Stone and the Golden Rod to appear in my Inventory while playing the Moon Map AS Richtofen...
Corey James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Corey James

CJ Butt0nz's Gamercard
& another question, does Xbox Live Private Match work for the "Big Bang Theory"? WHILE, having Split Screen?

2 XBL Account on 1 Xbox Screen,
WHILE PLAYING WITH,
A Friend,
Another Friend?

= 4 Players
Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The Focusing Stone won't appear on screen, only the Golden Rod.

Time Travel Will Tell is definitely necessary, not entirely sure about CotD solo or co-op. If it's confirmed somebody correct me, but I think most people are assuming it is and/or they happen to have it along with TTWT. I'll try to confirm this later today. The Richtofen player does not personally need the achievements, just the Host (possibly anybody in the party).

Having a second controller shouldn't matter, to be sure just check to see if the Astronaut is using the Host's friends list. If it is it's definitely scanning achievements too, from there it's just figuring out if the Host has the achievements.

EDIT: Scratch my doubts, CotD Easter Egg is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-29-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
SILVIA Silmar

IBG Silvia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
The Focusing Stone won't appear on screen, only the Golden Rod.
This French guy have the Focus Stone on his inventory...

Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Ah I see. I recall playing in a random game where I had that but didn't know what it was then. While that does absolutely confirm that the CotD Easter Egg is required, you still will not see the Focusing Stone when you have both Easter Eggs. Only the Golden Rod will show up on the bottom of the screen when you're ready for the Moon Easter Egg (as both items get combined in Shangri-La).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-29-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I only have call of the dead but when playing with others and chosen to be richtofen by the game I had both golden rod with stone.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
When I completed Big Bang Theory, everyone in my party had the previous Easter eggs done, but nobody had the Focusing Stone in their inventory. Only Richtofen had the Golden Rod and that was it. We were able to the the Easter egg just fine with no problems, but I don't understand how that French guy has the Focusing Stone?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
Corey James

CJ Butt0nz's Gamercard
Thank you for your help people, I have both Easter Eggs, however my Call of the Dead Easter Egg is Solo-ed (Not the Co-Op Achievement). Hence why I wondered which Achievements were required.

Its just a matter of finding the right people for the Moon Job now :/
Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
Mystic0138

Mystic0138's Gamercard
The Focusing stone is combined with the golden rod, but it just looks like the golden rod in your inventory. Big Bang theory can only be done online, also the easter egg from Call of the Dead must have been done Online, split screen on one xbox won't work, need two xboxs, host a room and get the easter egg, same for moon. I just figured this out, when we spawned with Richtofen, he would only have the focusing stone, looks like a golden stone next to your grenades. So again, ALL easter eggs HAVE to be done ONLINE. no system link is not online, yes split-screen multiplayer online does work. Create and host a room!
Mystic0138 is offline   Reply With Quote