PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA Jam
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
galve666

mr galve's Gamercard
Remix Tour Help

I can't seem to even get close to beating 21 against the Sacremento Kings, I'm loosing my sanity.
They seem to steal the ball a whole lot more than i've seen others i've encountered, They are also very quick.
This is the last one i need, are there any tips or tricks for the duo, please advise.
Thank you in advance.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Jon Hartigan

I too am having trouble on a 21 challenge, it just for the Spurs. I recently beat the Kings and I remember using Lebron James and when I had the ball I would run to the outside, quickly turn toward the net and dunk at the same time and they didn't really seem to be able to defend it that much. So if you have a team with a good dunker it could work.

I'm losing my sanity on the Spurs. Every time I get the ball (which is nearly impossible) one blocks while the other steals or shoves. I literally have no idea what to do.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
i am just having trouble winning any remix 2v2 match atm!! always get done in the 4Q!!

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
ApRt406

ApRt406's Gamercard
The Kings are just brutal to beat. They play unbelievable defense against you but not against each other. I try cross-overs followed by dunks but sometimes you just shoot and get swatted. Any ideas would be great.

Remix 2V2 are fairly easy. Just let your partner take over in the fourth quarter by passing him the ball after the inbounds then just go up for alley-oop's.
ApRt406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #5
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
I beat all my Remix 21 & Elimination games using LeBron. If I didn't get the jumpball, I'd restart immediately. Once I got the ball, I'd go directly to his hot spot behind the 3 point line & let loose. The 2 other guys almost always inadvertently boxed eachother out leaving me wide open to get my shots off.

Only go for dunks if the lane is open or you've successfully juked them. If a guy is right on you & you try to dunk it, you'll usually end up shooting a jumper instead.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game sucks... the remix is horrible.

All I know is everytime you go for a steal/shove, it backfires and the teammate watches his buddy dunk from about 3 inches inside the arc.
I'm the only one playing any defense, any missed shots I can be right under and never haul down a board, evertime I get the ball tho bet your ass it's a 2-on-1 defvensve assault...
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
galve666

mr galve's Gamercard
Finally finished Remix and hope to help with what helped me.

21, I had two options
1, Sprint forward with a crossover and try a dunk.
2, Held directional sprint to corner of key (i believe it's called this) and straight dunk. in both of these i never aimed for basket, just held directional pad in one direction.

Elimination, not much help i can give, but a little tip, now i managed to get this to work twice.
If your ahead buy a few points, and say they are close on points to each other. Keep pushing the higher of the two, when they are equal, hog the ball and when the time runs out they both will lose and you'll win.

2vs2 Remix, try to keep the score low till the forth quarter, And always go for the speed boost, but i think my words are quite obvious for this. Keep passing running the time down, staying just enough ahead.

Beatie boys, I simply let them fight picked up the loose ball and drove to the hole, the seemed to be more aggressive towards one another. Which helped.

Last edited by galve666; 01-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.
galve666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
With 3 or more 21 or elimination, I simply wouldn't play defense....let the other guys block it and run behind the shooter to get the ball.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #9
mmxxooll

bunny nose45's Gamercard
I have been playing, and I have been using the Suns (I know stupid choice) But I was trying with J-Rich and it's sometimes hard to dunk. They make me jump shoot. But I switched to Dan Marjale and make 3 dunks in a row, get on fire than just fire up fire 3's. Made the 21's easy. So in short, use your best 3 point shooter.

100% Completed
Retail: 47
Arcade: 47
mmxxooll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Tindwol KSE

Tindwol KSE's Gamercard
I did not find Remix Tour that hard. I finished it in a week with about 8-10 hours of play. I used the Celtics as they have a well balanced team.

Remix 2v2:

Bird & Rondo - play as Bird and shoot 3's if you're open, otherwise hand to Rondo, he lays up 90% of his shoots, very easy

21:

Use Bird from the outside. I finished many with 21-0

Domination:

Bird & Garnett, shoot from the outside, cross-over at the corner spots and lay up

Smash:

Pierce & Garnett. Hand the ball off, run to the basket and go up for Alley-Oop, call for the pass with A and slam it in. Steal the ball, rinse and repeat

I did not encounter any problems with the boss challenges and mainly used Bird since he kills almost anyone with his 3's. Only for Yao I used Rondo as he has speed of 9 and steal of 10, avoid the shoves with B and lay it up.

Finishing campaign 6 times is dragging but Remix was ok. Let me know if have difficulties...
Tindwol KSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
pegasus187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindwol KSE View Post
I did not find Remix Tour that hard. I finished it in a week with about 8-10 hours of play. I used the Celtics as they have a well balanced team.

Remix 2v2:

Bird & Rondo - play as Bird and shoot 3's if you're open, otherwise hand to Rondo, he lays up 90% of his shoots, very easy

21:

Use Bird from the outside. I finished many with 21-0

Domination:

Bird & Garnett, shoot from the outside, cross-over at the corner spots and lay up

Smash:

Pierce & Garnett. Hand the ball off, run to the basket and go up for Alley-Oop, call for the pass with A and slam it in. Steal the ball, rinse and repeat

I did not encounter any problems with the boss challenges and mainly used Bird since he kills almost anyone with his 3's. Only for Yao I used Rondo as he has speed of 9 and steal of 10, avoid the shoves with B and lay it up.

Finishing campaign 6 times is dragging but Remix was ok. Let me know if have difficulties...
I'm gonna try that, I was using the Lakers but I can't beat the fucking Kings in 21!
pegasus187 is offline   Reply With Quote