PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #31
X Hoosun X

x hoosun x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerizgod View Post
any tips on beating the comps?? lol seem to spam a lot
Use scorpion and spam X then His Spear and Uppercut, this worked for me on most- Shao Kahn UMK3 Also use Scorpion and Try to get a Uppercut then sprint towards him spam A whilst hitting back You should spear him then uppercut again Rinse/Repeat

Shang Tsung-MK1 use the Scorpion X spam i mentioned Above-Make sure to make good use of spear against Shang Tsung

Also in MK2 If you have trouble with Shang Tsung Use Jax and spam his X punch if you get it right the character wont make contact but he will take damage regardless and not attack back

This Worked For Me
Best of Luck

Last edited by X Hoosun X; 08-31-2011 at 10:26 PM.
X Hoosun X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #32
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
I beat Goro with Sub Zero and just freezing and jumping alot. Weirdly, for Tsung I couldnt beat him with Sub-Zero or Scorpion but ended up whupping him with Kano, just using flying kicks (Y Button)

Really cheap, ill admit but seeing as i didnt get an achievement Im okay with it...
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #33
FOXmasler

FOXmasler's Gamercard
Ok, I cant even get to kintaro on MK2, im one fight away from him and shang tsung is destroying me. The difficulty in this game in bullshit but overall its fun.
FOXmasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #34
Dusty2010

Reading some of these posts is hilarious. Clearly not many of you played MK back in the day. I remember getting absolutely raped by Kabal within 10 seconds not even being able to land a punch. Goro in MK is by far the hardest ever fight in any MK series. Y'all think Shao Kahn in MK9 is hard lmao the guy is a piece of cake compared to him in MK2.

The MK and MK2 move sets are limited so ofcourse there is spam.

MK was always hard as shit. Y'all wanna fight Noob Saibot in MK2? Win 50 matches in a row
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #35
FOXmasler

FOXmasler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty2010 View Post
Reading some of these posts is hilarious. Clearly not many of you played MK back in the day. I remember getting absolutely raped by Kabal within 10 seconds not even being able to land a punch. Goro in MK is by far the hardest ever fight in any MK series. Y'all think Shao Kahn in MK9 is hard lmao the guy is a piece of cake compared to him in MK2.

MK was always hard as shit. Y'all wanna fight Noob Saibot in MK2? Win 50 matches in a row
After hearing that. No. No i dont want to fight noob in MK2
FOXmasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #36
SnkDok

Send a message via MSN to SnkDok

SnkDoc98's Gamercard
Weirdest thing happened to me, I finished umk3 in warrior and the achievement didnt pop up, weird
SnkDok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #37
iam_theghost

simon taneous's Gamercard
Quote:

Exactly, and as was said before the arcades were made for eating quarters. Kabal and Jade always gave me the most trouble in UMK3. But getting past the frustration and beating it in the Arcade was so fulfilling!

Played the hell out of MK1 and MK2 but can't say I could ever beat those in the arcade (namely due to the fact that their was always a line out the door to play in the arcades, so needless to say playing solo didn't happen too often)
iam_theghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #38
Jeerrraayyyyyyy

Jeerrraayyyyyyy's Gamercard
If your having problems with Goro, use Sub-Zero and freeze him then upper cut then IMMEDIATELY freeze him again. It may take a while to get the timing right but it's the easiest way I've known to beat him back in the day.
Jeerrraayyyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #39
DarkJediRPM

DX Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
wow. just beat MK2 and no achievement. guess I'll wait til they patch this glitchy piece of shit before I do that again.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
xxYamiBakuraxx

II RyoBakura II's Gamercard
My main complaints for this game is the Online Play. It's absolutely horrible, even unbearable at times - more often than not. Probably the most laggy game on XBLA I ever played. Street Fighter 3 Online is just superior whenit comes to online play. Love the game. Don't get me wrong, the classics for MK are gold, the online isn't.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #41
Dusty2010

The only way to play these games in multiplayer is to play on the same console.
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #42
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Quote:

I, for one, dont care that I get whupped as I know im not the best at it. My main problem is when i finally beat MK1 after hours of gameplay and frustration, not getting my achievement
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #43
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

HaHa Exactly what I was thinking. My memories of playing this game don't just involve having a good time, but also EXTREME frustration!

My advice to you newcomers is to Just try and remember there is always a way to win vs the cpu. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #44
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
nothing major but why does the move list become un-selectable sometimes?
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #45
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Posted this in the MK1 thread, but I guess it fits here, probably more so:

This game is so disappointing. I was hoping to relive some fun times from yesteryear but the lag, ridiculous difficulty, and glitchy achievements just break it. Everything was fine as I finished MK1 and 2 and got the achievements no problem, then I spent hours fighting Shao Kahn on MK3 only to finally beat him and get no achievement.

I started and eventually ended with the same character on all three games but it decides to glitch on me for MK3. I know it's based on the arcade versions meant for eating quarters but still, very easy should mean VERY EASY! The combination of the difficulty and the glitchy achivements is just terrible and the developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a port that apparently wasn't tested enough.

/rant
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChArG1nMaLAZ0R View Post
nothing major but why does the move list become un-selectable sometimes?

Only time I've noticed this is when you're not actually in "Kombat." Seems like you can only view the moves after the round starts. Sure would be nice though if the moves could be viewed outside of the match, so you didn't have to potentially take damage before viewing your moves.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #47
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
The difficulty levels definatly do not function as intended, ive set it to all of them and noticed no diffrence.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #48
ChewyTheJuggalo

hi im chewy's Gamercard
Baraka in MK2 was a bitch but other than that no bitching here. Even the bosses were surprisingly easy. Maybe I'm better at MK than I thought.
For example lets say I walk into your room and surprise you while you are masturbating and at that moment you ejaculate onto me. Even if it was an accident it still doesn't change the fact that you came on me and now we'll have to fight.
ChewyTheJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #49
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
oh so im not the only one that thinks the AI is hard even on very easy, well atleast i know i not that bad. I just dont notice a difference when i switch it, its almost like the developers forgot to make them easier.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #50
DarthRandalNC

Send a message via Skype™ to DarthRandalNC

DarthRandalNC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Pretty much the same thing everyone else is probably saying:

AI on Very Easy seems like it's on a curve. You may get away with spamming the first few oppponets, but after about the third match the difficulty jumps up a couple of notches after every subsequent fight. You'll still catch the computer doing stupid shit like walking three-quarters of the way across the screen into a fan lift or blade barrage, but then it's like it Hulks out on you and has an answer for everything you can throw at it.

The controls seem unresponsive at times. Look, most of us agree that the D-pad on the standard wireless 360 controller is complete garbage. And for someone like me that grew up on the SNES versions of these games, the analog stick just doesn't feel right to use. So I'm stuck with hoping the move I just input actually goes through properly.

I picked this up during the Cyber Monday sale for 400MSP and I'm starting to regret it a little. Maybe the arcade versions of these games featured more aggressive AI than the home versions, but I didn't notice that when I played the demo.

I would have been LIVID if I bought this at 800MSP. My condolences to those who did and are experiencing similar problems. Maybe the upcoming patch will alleviate the major issues with these otherwise fantastic titles.
DarthRandalNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #51
Gacys Clown

gacys clown's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Well, I just beat MK3 (after beating the other two), got the achievement for beating it, but didn't get the one for beating all three games...that's pretty awesome...*sigh*
Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #52
kade

Gamenizer's Gamercard
Beat MK1 twice - no achievement
Beat MK2 once - no achievement

If not these gliched chevos it would bring only good childhood memories without frustration.
kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #53
S1rJ0hn0fY0rk

S1rJ0hn0fY0rk's Gamercard
All i have to say is this: MKII WTF?! this was never this hard back in the day on genesis. i could waltz right through everyone on that version, on hard without any of the cheats on. and now, i've been stuck on Kintaro for the better part of an hour and the farthest i've drained him of health is to the A in his name. any advice?

Edit - Just got past him using Kitana and the fan lift. Little difficult to pull off, but once you get the timing down, real easy. And used Baraka with Blade Shredder on Shao Kahn and "bleep bloop," 25 gs added

Last edited by S1rJ0hn0fY0rk; 02-11-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Got past the mid boss finally
S1rJ0hn0fY0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #54
Xx Reez xX

My Main Bitch, I Was hoping one of these games was the one where you Could Play as Motaro, Kintaro and CO
Xx Reez xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #55
mavryk

Mav Ryk 1's Gamercard
This game is a freakin mess,are we expected to believe they can add difficulties(supposedly!) and mess with the sound and kombat codes but they cant tweak the AI,my arse,never buying another arcade port especially not a fighting(HAH cheating more like) game,been trying to do mk2 for months and cant even get 1 round against shang tsung,not tried mk3 but it was always shit,another game destroys my fond memories like the shitty sf turbo port.Anyone thinking about buying these cash milkers dont bother,they are only there to steal money and make you angry.Unless you are actually a machine and have an arcade stick its pointless you may as well burn money and punch yourself in the face.Worst game since rise of the robots.
mavryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #56
BobbyTastic

Send a message via AIM to BobbyTastic Send a message via MSN to BobbyTastic Send a message via Yahoo to BobbyTastic Send a message via Skype™ to BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
Gonna echo what most people have said, the AI in this game is barely scaled at all, it was a lazy port of an arcade game meant to frustrate you and eat your quarters. Surprisingly, UMK3 gave me the most difficulty because of Shao Khan (even more so than Kintarou), because I was unable to use the awesomeness that is Baraka's Blade Charge. Motaro was a joke though and most of the other opponents weren't too bad (except for maybe Jade, since I was using Sub-Zero).

Even MK1 was relatively fair in comparison to UMK3 Shao Khan, and most of MK2 (if you're not using Baraka spam or a turbo controller). Anyways, I just wanted to bitch since this is officially one of maybe two or three games (another being MK9 ironically) that has caused me to throw my controller hard at an object (a couch, I have more sense than throwing it at a TV).

Can't imagine how awful this game was BEFORE the patch (I only played MK1 pre-patch, and quit when the achievement didn't pop) especially for people who bought Day One for $10, you poor things. It's sad that the people who waited months for a 50% off sale were the ones who got a patch a week or two later, wouldn't be surprised if the patch was put in to get more money instead of helping out the original purchasers.

100% List (12 Games):

Aegis Wing (200), Assassin's Creed (1000), Beyond Good & Evil HD (200), Costume Quest (250), Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (200), Naruto: UNS2 (1000), Naruto: UNSG (1000), Scott Pilgrim (250?), SoulCalibur (200), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (1000), Stacking (250), X-Men Arcade (200)

BobbyTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #57
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
Fuck grapples

Fuck grapples.

Fuck grapples
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Worst 5$ i have ever spent(got it on sale a while back), the AI just uses all the cheap moves and every time you want to do something they are like "lol low kick you noob".

I mean i understand they wanted to keep the same feeling back in the day of making it frustrating to keep you feeding quarters to it but the way they did it was just ridiculous.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #59
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
i was gonna bitch that my xbox froze literally the second i beat shao kahn umk3... but when i turned the console back on later i had the achievement for beating mk3... just not the achievement for beating all 3... ugh
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #60
N3gative Cr33p

N3gative Cr33p's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSTAR321 View Post
Im a little dissapointed with the quality of these ports.
Precisely the reason why I'm glad the wife and I "invested" in an MK1 and MK2 arcade cabinet a few years back.

We both loooooooooove Mortal Kombat!