PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #31
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cga87 View Post
haha 3rd boss fight... one punch... to easy

NICE
Exactly what I did the the 3rd boss, saved me a lot of ammos and time. ^_^

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #32
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I used the Typhoon in both my first and second playthrough and was able to afford it along with all other useful augmentations by maximising Xp, altough that is a little tiresome.
For Barrett another tactic is to stun him with a gas or stun grenade and then run to all the explosive canisters around the room and throw them at him one after the other.Even on hard he'll die before you run out of canisters.
And for the last boss if you've got a Laser Rifle you can actually shoot through the glass straight at the boss without having to weaken and destroy it first.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #33
Sniper Riflez

English Gamerrr's Gamercard

For the 3rd boss, if you have the pre-order bonus pack and you done the mission to rescue Tong's son. Use the grenade launcher, took him out in 4/5 seconds on easiest difficulty and about 7/8 on hardest one. Just spam him right at the start.
Sniper Riflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #34
Snorlax

Thanx very much for this, much easier.
Snorlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #35
Loveless

LovelessNone's Gamercard
The last boss can be even easier, if you have the laser Canon you can shoot through her shield without disabling anything. As soon as the fight starts turn invisible, rush towards her, take cover, shoot her for about 3 seconds and done. Just finished hard mode and did it this way.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #36
Shawn0fTh3Dead

Shawn0fTh3Dead's Gamercard
if you have the explosive weapons pack, namir can only take 3-5 grenades from the grenade launcher. my fight with him literally lasted 4 seconds
Shawn0fTh3Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #37
Suki

im struggling on the 2nd boss i side step her throw an emp then shoot her with the heavy machine gun then i gas her and throw 2 mines at here, then im out of emp and gas and have no frags at all just getting owned when she electifies the floor and i go from 100 health to 0 in seconds.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #38
dma9411

dannyadams16's Gamercard
when do i get the grenade launcher and the bonus mission, im just on the 2nd time in shanghai or wherever it is
dma9411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #39
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Is it plausible to beat Yelena without Typhoon and Derman Augs? If that's true, I'm really screwed.

To be more specific. I upgraded everything on the left (hacking, stealth, etc.) when I would get Praxis Kits. I needed those the most at the time, and was going for a different achievement. Now, I'm stuck with no extra armor (EMP or otherwise, stealth was my goal for the whole play-through) and no Typhoon. What do I do? Should I go back to an earlier save and make sure to get Typhoon and EMP Armor upgrades? Or is there a way out of this without those augs? As painful as it may be

Last edited by XxBlueSpade2xX; 09-07-2011 at 09:19 AM.
XxBlueSpade2xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #40
dma9411

dannyadams16's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
Is it plausible to beat Yelena without Typhoon and Derman Augs? If that's true, I'm really screwed.

To be more specific. I upgraded everything on the left (hacking, stealth, etc.) when I would get Praxis Kits. I needed those the most at the time, and was going for a different achievement. Now, I'm stuck with no extra armor (EMP or otherwise, stealth was my goal for the whole play-through) and no Typhoon. What do I do? Should I go back to an earlier save and make sure to get Typhoon and EMP Armor upgrades? Or is there a way out of this without those augs? As painful as it may be
i did it with all the augs u have and without typhoon, its the easiest one for me. when she runs at u, turn around and throw grenades, she died after 2 grenades and a revolver bullet
Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #41
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma9411 View Post
i did it with all the augs u have and without typhoon, its the easiest one for me. when she runs at u, turn around and throw grenades, she died after 2 grenades and a revolver bullet
What difficulty were you playing on? I'm playing on 'GMDE' and I've unloaded a heavy rifle on her twice with 1 grenade and I don't think I even slowed her down.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #42
dma9411

dannyadams16's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
What difficulty were you playing on? I'm playing on 'GMDE' and I've unloaded a heavy rifle on her twice with 1 grenade and I don't think I even slowed her down.
im playing on the same difficulty as u
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #43
Black Mamba O6

Black Mamba O6's Gamercard
the last boss is so easy....
Black Mamba O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
Milosuperspesh

MiloSuperSpesh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra77 View Post
If you have the grenade launcher from the Gamestop pre-order bonus, it made short work of Namir in 3 shots. Boom boom boom, cutscene. It is to LOL.

Confirmed and i did this with out augs as i got the new chip oops i noticed after i did a run of the out side he seemed to be stuck on the middle and cloaked so i sighted up and blew up his c0ckl3ss augmented ass!

gonna try a takedown on him next playthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma9411 View Post
when do i get the grenade launcher and the bonus mission, im just on the 2nd time in shanghai or wherever it is
after you do a rescue mission (avoiding spoilers), you are in lower hengsha and doing a mission with / for tong from a multi story car park, and the warrior preist side mission from a guy in the hengsha limb clinic, you will be loading the next area and it will say when the bonus mission is on once you complete it you'll get the nade launcher as payment make sure you have 2 by 4 slots free cos its big

Last edited by Milosuperspesh; 09-08-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: new info
Milosuperspesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #45
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Great work with Boss guide, has worked so far. I bought Typhoon just because i have spare Praxis now but haven't even used it yet thanks to this.
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #46
twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony's Gamercard
How do you get Gas Grenades before facing Barrett? Near as I can tell the first chance you have to obtain them is AFTER you've defeated him.

For that fight I turned left and ran into the room in the back corner.

I hid behind a box and I threw 2 mines in the entry way to the room. Barrett will throw in a grenade into the room (sometimes it will kill you sometimes it wont).

He walked into the mines, then I threw and detonated a 2 remote mines and that was it for him...

I'm playing on "Give me Deus Ex" going for Pacifist and Foxiest so I didn't have any weapons aside from my tranq gun.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #47
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
How do you get Gas Grenades before facing Barrett? Near as I can tell the first chance you have to obtain them is AFTER you've defeated him.
I don't recall the locations of any of them, just that I do know you CAN get them BEFORE facing him. Do you need them? Maybe not...but it prevents him from even taking a step. Otherwise you can start behind the cover you are behind when the fight starts, and just throw frag mines at him. No need to ever even move.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #48
xTMDxMorbidDead

Send a message via MSN to xTMDxMorbidDead Send a message via Skype™ to xTMDxMorbidDead

xTMDxMorbidDead's Gamercard
just a guide for all bosses including the guide for all 4 endings just incase you guys all wanted a video for every boss makes it a little bit easier

xTMDxMorbidDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #49
Chazzi27

Chazzi27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I found that on Barrett if you are doing a no kill / no alarm run and don't have grenades...Use the Barrels around the room. There are 3 Poison barrels and I think 4 explosive ones, just chuck them at Barrett (If you have the strength increase...though you may not need it) and sprint to the back corner of the room to pick up an EMP and Frag toss those at him use a few shotgun blasts and he goes down just fine :-)

I had to go about it this way because I realized when I got to him I only had a single EMP grenade so the original strategy wouldn't really help lol.

Eclipsed 100,000 on Oct. 21, 2010 with Diamond Master (GH: WoR)

100% Complete (Includes DLC)
Retail: 43
Most Recent: Bioshock
Arcade: 21
Most Recent: Awesomenauts
Chazzi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #50
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Yelena was pretty easy. I'm playing on the Hardest Difficulty and all you had to do was avoid the first attack. Let her run away and while she's recharging just put Frag mines where she was first standing. Just camp in the spot where you initially started out and she'll come straight at you and activate the mines. I had 4 mines from scavenging around Tao Yong and Picus. Those things are everywhere. After the 4 mines, she just needed to get hit about 5 times by the Pistol. Easy, peasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzi27 View Post
I had to go about it this way because I realized when I got to him I only had a single EMP grenade so the original strategy wouldn't really help lol.
One EMP Grenade was actually just enough for me to kill him. EMP grenade followed by one gas canister, one explosive canister and then another gas canister killed him.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #51
Morgan Everett

Morgan Everett's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBread View Post
Yelena was pretty easy. I'm playing on the Hardest Difficulty and all you had to do was avoid the first attack. Let her run away and while she's recharging just put Frag mines where she was first standing. Just camp in the spot where you initially started out and she'll come straight at you and activate the mines. I had 4 mines from scavenging around Tao Yong and Picus. Those things are everywhere. After the 4 mines, she just needed to get hit about 5 times by the Pistol. Easy, peasy.
Even easier to throw the mines at her whilst she is "recovering" from her opening attack. She was dead within about 15 seconds from the start of the fight, for me.
Morgan Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #52
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
Lol this guide sucks. You assume people have these grenades/mines that they probably do not?

Way to make the weakest guide ever! You need an x360a award for that.

Hoping the cheap way of beating boss 3 works for me, cause that's the only useful part of this so called "guide".

Tried using your way on boss 2, but yeah, the game is too crappy to let me turn and throw a grenade regardless of how many times I hit the button. So...thanks...I...think?

Edit: Yep, after trying 20 times the boss 3 one puncher doesn't work. Guess you had to say no to the upgrade for it to work? Might want to ADD that to your 'guide'.

Last edited by TheUglyCasanova; 09-19-2011 at 06:51 AM.
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #53
Morgan Everett

Morgan Everett's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyCasanova View Post
Lol this guide sucks. You assume people have these grenades/mines that they probably do not?

Hoping the cheap way of beating boss 3 works for me, cause that's the only useful part of this so called "guide".

Tried using your way on boss 2, but yeah, the game is too crappy to let me turn and throw a grenade regardless of how many times I hit the button. So...thanks...I...think?

Edit: Yep, after trying 20 times the boss 3 one puncher doesn't work. Guess you had to say no to the upgrade for it to work? Might want to ADD that to your 'guide'.
Your incompetence with a controller is not the game's fault. Fragmentation mines are readily available to collect whilst completing the main quest. I defeated all bosses on the hardest difficulty within about 30 seconds each using this (excellent) strategy.

Last edited by Morgan Everett; 09-19-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Morgan Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #54
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyCasanova View Post

Maybe you just suck at the game because you're trying to rush through it? Before every boss fight, I find at least 4-8 Frag mines + countless other grenades. My inventory is usually full before I'm 1/4 through the mission.

Boss 3 wasn't that hard. Keep trying. I ended up taking cover behind some wall and he ended up staying on the opposite side of the area so we just had a good ol fashioned shootout. My pistol ended up owning him with 2 clips after 3 Frag mines hit him.

I also ended up getting the biochip upgrade -_-. The fight was a pain, but not that hard.

Last edited by JesusBread; 09-21-2011 at 04:28 AM.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #55
Decommissioner

Decommissioner's Gamercard
Extremely easy way to win all three boss fights: stun gun.

Just keep stunning them with the stun gun (I think aiming for the head works a lot faster). Takes less than 15 stun darts per boss (if you're looking for darts, they are easy to find. I finished the game with about 70 darts after the 30-40 needed for the boss fights).

Note about the third boss: he becomes un-stunned pretty quickly. You might have to move behind him while he's stunned so that he doesn't have time to shoot you. It took me three tries to get this one to work, but just ended up mashing the trigger while the stun gun was reloading and kept aiming at his head.

And somebody already mentioned that you can use the Laser Rifle to kill the last boss without disabling the pods.
Decommissioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #56
s.butler1

SButler87's Gamercard
Couldn't punch Namir cos I had the "upgrade". I did have the grenade launcher that Tong gave me though and after I stunned him with a thrown gas grenade I just unloaded the launcher on him and it was over before he even took a step. On hard.
s.butler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #57
KillerHoggle

KillerHoggle's Gamercard
Thanks for the awesome tips, I will make sure to use them when I reach the 2nd and 3rd bosses. For the first boss I just used 4 or 5 remote detonated mines
KillerHoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #58
Scarabdemon

Scarabdemon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra77 View Post
If you have the grenade launcher from the Gamestop pre-order bonus, it made short work of Namir in 3 shots. Boom boom boom, cutscene. It is to LOL.
Highly recommend this strategy for Namir, absolutely dominated him, less than 20 second kill, probably even less than 10 seconds... on the hardest difficulty as well.
Scarabdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #59
ToxicSugarRush

ToxicSugarRush's Gamercard
For the third boss fight I just barely stepped stepped out of the Elevator threw five frag mines out and let the cut scene play After that I walked of to the side behind them let him jump the wall and set them off then shot him a few times and down he went.
ToxicSugarRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #60
SyKo bAmBi

SyKo bAmBi's Gamercard
Thanks for advice

I played through the game on Give me a Challenge and am gonna start GMDE and I'm sure this guide will help. and i love the video of the easy boss fight. especially the comment on how you never get back the things you love.
SyKo bAmBi is offline   Reply With Quote