PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Rugby World Cup 2011
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide + Roadmap

(Thanks to Blue Inquisitor for the banner)

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline Achievements: 44 Achievements - 980
-Online Achievements: 1 Achievement - 20
-Time to 1000: 10-25 Hours (Depends on skill)
-Number of missable achievements: Events can always be restarted
-Do cheat codes disable achievements: No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements: Some achievements require changing of settings that can affect difficulty.
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None

Step 1: Rugby World Cup

Proceeding through the Rugby World Cup is probably your first objective. Start with Easy/Medium difficulty, and make your way through the group stage through to the quarters, semi's then the final. While playing on Easy difficulty you can pick up around 100 of achievements on your way to the final. Playing on Medium difficulty you can pick up some of the harder achievements earning around 300 on your way to the final. It will take you around 2 hours to get to the world cup final with the Half times set at 5mins. With the difficulty set at Medium a maximum of 490 is available through 1 World Cup playthrough.

Step 2: Multiplayer

Your only concern is playing 1 online match. This is probably the easiest achievement because all you need to do is play from beginning to end, win lose or draw the achievement Online Rugger should pop.

Step 3: Tour

Your next step would be to try and complete the achievements in the tour, Down South, Up North on Hard difficulty, editing the stats of players may need to be used.

Step 4: Clean Up

At this point there should only be a few achievements left to work on including, Minnow No More, Rule The Pool, Talent From The Tee, Hardcore Rugger and Thats Commitment!

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 06-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
o H i T M a N z

Worm Burner - 10

To get this achievement you must score a try immediatly after picking up a grubber kick, the grubber kick is performed by pressing with the ball in hand. Must be done on Medium or Hard difficulty

Trytime in Quicktime - 15

To get this achievement you must score a try from the oppositions kick from the 50 metre line, if you catch the ball from the kick and score a quick try without losing possession you should unlock the achievement.

Catch the Bomb - 10

To get this achievement you must score a try after recovering an up and under kick, this is performed by holding with the ball in hand, to get one of your players to jump in the air to catch the ball press and hold . Must be done on Medium or Hard difficulty.

Nice Pick Up! - 20

To get this achievement when the ball becomes free an will appear, press as quickly as possible, then directly run on to score a try.

Chip and Score - 10

Score a try directly after recovering a Scrum Half Kick, your scrum half will pick up the ball from the scrum, hold and use the to aim the kick. Easiest to do when your within the oppositions 22 metre line. Must be done on Medium or Hard Difficulty.

Big Guy's Glory - 10

Score a try with a player currently playing in a Prop position, your Prop is the big guy wearing the number 1 and 3. Press to get the ball to a prop from a ruck or scrum.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-21-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
o H i T M a N z

Minnow No More - 75

Win the Rugby World Cup 2011 Final with a team rated less than 60 against CPU (Hard)

This achievement is close to impossible, so you may need to follow these steps to be able to beat the top teams on hard difficulty level.

1. From the Main Menu, select options, then edit players, select Russia.
2. Edit their CT & WG's Speed and Acceleration, make sure the teams overall does not go above 59.
3. Edit everyone on the substitute bench to overall 99, keep them on the bench because this does not affect the teams overall stats.
4. Save & Exit
5. Start the Rugby World Cup and select to play as Russia. Their overall should now be at 58 or 59.
6. Select Hard difficulty, then start the match making no alterations to your starting line up.
7. As soon as the match starts, bring all of your substitutes with 99 rating onto the field straight away.
8. Now try your best to win the game, at this point it will still be a challenge against the top sides.

Multi-Union - 30

For this achievement you must win a match with every international team. There are 20 teams to play as, some of these teams can be used in World Cup and Tour modes, any teams you have not won with yet can be used in Test Mode. Unfortunatly this needs to be done in full 80 minute matches so place kick matches dont count.

Tough it Out - 25

Beat an 85+ rated team with a team rated less than 70 against CPU (Hard)

See Minnow No More

I done this achievement playing as Romania against England, i edited the starting Line up so that the overall of Romania was 69. I also edited Romania's bench players to 99 overall.

Set Piece Setup - 25

To get this achievement you must score a try from a set peice setup, your scrum half will pick up the ball, press left, right, up or down on the , when the arrow above the scrum half turns green press or to start the set peice.

Dont Even Try - 25

To get the achievement Dont Even Try you must win a game without scoring a try, get this achievement by scoring drop goals and penalties only.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
o H i T M a N z

Just Like Pudding - 10

Score a drop goal with a player currently playing in a Prop position

When in range of the posts, pass the ball to your prop using or and attempt the drop goal . If you have a ruck or maul press or to get the ball straight to a prop.

First Try - 5

This will be unlocked when you score your first try, this is achieved by holding or pressing near the try line.

Hit the Sticks - 20

This achievement is unlocked when you score a penalty or conversion off the post or cross bar, you can try and do this or just hope it happens while playing. When kicking at goal you direct the kick using the , press to start and stop the power bar, then press again in the marked zone for the accuracy of the kick.

Between the Sticks - 5

This achievement is unlocked when you score a penalty, drop goal or conversion.

Kick with The Wind - 15

To get this achievement you must score a penalty goal or conversion from 55+ metres, best done on medium difficulty, score a try under the post to make the kick central, move the ball back to the 55 metre mark, kick can be scored with a good kicker e.g Jonny Wilkinson but easiest to do with edited kicking stats.

End to End - 30

To get the achievement End to End you must score a try from running with the ball from behind your own tryline to the opponents tryline. This must be done in one fluent run, if you pass the ball to a teammate that is not behind your own tryline the achievement will not unlock.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-03-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
o H i T M a N z

Quick Turnaround - 30

To get this achievement you must score a try within the first phase of an attack.

First Phase - The first phase is your first attack with the ball, as soon as the ball is dropped or you are tackled, the first phase has ended.

Epic Try-pocalypse - 30

To get this achievement you must score 15 tries in one match, Time Limit must be set at 5 or 10 min halfs. Can be done on Easy difficulty.

Showboat II - 20

To get the achievement Showboat II once you have crossed the try line you must stay behind the line for over 5 seconds without touching the ball down ( showboating)

Hat Trick Hero - 25

Hat Trick Hero is score 3 tries with the same player in the same game, can be slightly tricky as the achievement has to be done on Medium or Hard difficulty.

Showboat I - 10

To get the achievement Showboat I score a try by tapping once past the try line without being tackled. If you done it correctly the achievement will pop up.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-01-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
o H i T M a N z

At The Death - 20

To get this achievement you must be behind on points with 80mins gone on the clock, then score enough points to win the game with either a try, penalty or drop goal. This must be done on Medium or Hard Difficulty.

Online Rugger - 20

To get this achievement you must play 1 online match, win lose or draw the achievement should pop.

Shades of Jonny - 10

To get the achievement Shades of Jonny you must score a winning drop goal in Extra Time or Sudden Death, you must be level on points with your opponent, then score the drop goal. To attempt a drop goal hold .

Down South - 40

Win every match of every Southern Hemisphere tour playing against CPU (Hard) as the lead profile.

See Minnow No More, you can also make the teams that you will play against weaker to make the achievement even easier.

Rule the Pool - 70

Earn 20 pool stage points in Rugby World Cup 2011 playing against CPU (Hard) as the lead profile

To earn 20 points you must win all 4 group stage matches scoring 4 tries in each match to earn the bonus point, must be done on Hard Difficulty, editing may need to be used.

Up North - 40

Win every match of every Northern Hemisphere tour playing against CPU (Hard) as the lead profile

See Minnow No More, , you can also make the teams that you will play against weaker to make the achievement even easier.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-21-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
o H i T M a N z

Cheers Mate - 15

Win a match with 2 or more human-controlled players on your team. Play with 2 controllers, easiest done playing as New Zealand against Namibia

Sell The Dummy - 10

You will get this achievement when you perform a dummy and fool an opposing player. To perform a Dummy hold and press or .

Talent From The Tee - 10

Win a match in the Place-Kick Shootout mode against CPU (Hard)

Easiest done playing as a good team 85+, against Russia or Namibia, if still having trouble edit the kicking stats.

See Minnow No More

Booming Punt - 10

To get this achievement you must Punt the ball from your own teams 22 metre line and the ball needs to go out of play 50+ metres down the field.

A Punt is performed by holding and using the to direct the kick while the ball is in hand.

Experimentor - 10

Attempt all four of your team's assigned set plays in a match, to attempt the set play push the up, down, left or right, then press or when the marker goes green.

Hammer & Tongs - 35

For this achievement you must score Score 50+ unanswered points against CPU. Must be done on Medium or Hard difficulty, with the halfs set at 5 or 10mins.

Hardcore Rugger - 100

Beat New Zealand with a team rated less than 80 against CPU (Hard, 20 min halves)

See Minnow No More

If your having trouble with this edit New Zealand players stats lower.

King of Crunch - 10

For this achievement you must successfully complete 20 dive tackles in one match, set the match timer to at least 10mins to give yourself plenty of time to complete 20 dive tackles, they are performed by holding with a defending player.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-21-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
o H i T M a N z

Hey This Aint Soccer! - 5

Perform a soccer kick, the soccer kick can be performed when the ball is on the ground, while running at the ball hold to perform the soccer kick.

One of Each - 15

To get this achievement you must score a drop goal, penalty, a try and a conversion in the same match.

To attempt a drop goal press and hold while aiming with the .
To attempt a try press when near the try line

World Champions - 50

Win the Rugby World Cup 2011 Final, can be done on Easy difficulty, easiest with New Zealand, Australia, South Africa or England

Rage Against The Head - 10

To get this achievement you must gain possession of the ball at a scrum when playing as the defensive team, the opponents scrum half will feed the ball into the scrum, to get the ball press and hold

Brick Wall - 10

To get this achievement you must not concede any points in a match against CPU on Hard Difficulty, if your struggling see achievement Minnow No More for help.

Picked Off - 5

To get this achievement you must intercept an opposition team's line-out throw, to do this you must press , or , if you press the correct button at the correct time you will intercept the ball. Best done on Easy difficulty.

Secret Achievements

Sin Bin - 5

Be awarded a yellow card, while in a ruck or scrum, press the to collapse the scrum. Your player should recieve a yellow card. Keep trying until yellow card is recieved. Early/Late tackles can also be awarded a yellow card.

Early Shower - 5

Be awarded a red card, one way to do this is from a 50 metre drop kick, kick the ball up in the air, and perform a dive tackle on an opposing player before he catches the ball

Thats Commitment! - 75

Play 100 matches in total as the lead profile, most likely the last achievement you will do, all game modes count towards the 100.

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
"Shades of Jonny - 10G

To get the achievement Shades of Jonny you must score a winning drop goal in Extra Time or Sudden Death, you must be behind or level on points with your opponent, then be ahead after scoring the drop goal."

You actually have to be tied on the scoresheet otherwise extra time will not kick in. Once you are in extra time get the drop goal for the win.

You might want to add that for the Medium/Hard related games/achievements you can modify just the SPEED setting for the AI team's players to 1. With this you can win basically with any team you control regardless of rating.

For the Final matches you can simulate all the matches or play them on easy and then take over the last game ( the Final ) and win on the require difficulty.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
Howling Mad Rik

Howling Mad Rik's Gamercard
Hit the Sticks can be achieved in the penalty shoot out game, at leasrt you can get 5 chances at aiming/hit and hoping
Howling Mad Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
Howling Mad Rik

Dunno if its worth noting, Multi-Union can be done in 2 player local matches I just ground out the games, scoring a few points with the desired team, then time wasting, when I got to Wales and won, it popped
Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #12
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
For Hammer And Tongs, it doesn't have to be in one game. I got 43 points in one match, clicked rematch and then got the achievement on my first 7 points in the second game.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
bigben1292

x BiGBeN o's Gamercard
7/10 difficulty???

surely this has to be one of the easiest 1000g? everything can be cheated by arranging teams around?
just my opinion mate
bigben1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
The Hypnotoad

Lol Wut Pear's Gamercard
Its about a 8/10 if you want to do it without "cheating"

with editing the teams it becomes about a 4/10 max

100% Retail
Ashes Cricket, Megadrive Classics, Avatar, Madden 06, FNR 3, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, PDC Pro tour, Sleeping Dogs, SR:IV
100% XBLA
Uno, 3 on 3 NHL, DOD, DR2:C0, Sonic&knuckles, Portal:SA, Monkey Island SE, SVC: Alex Kidd, Minecraft, State Of Decay, Crash Course 2, Awesomnauts
Working On
Portal 2, Cloudberry Kingdom
The Hypnotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
o H i T M a N z

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hypnotoad View Post
Its about a 8/10 if you want to do it without "cheating"

with editing the teams it becomes about a 4/10 max
Achievements such as beat 85+ teams with below 70 teams on Hard difficulty is the reason i gave it a 7/10, just my opinion, without these achievements your right it would be about a 4/10
Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
Howling Mad Rik

Maybe you could mention with editing its a 2/10 the hardest thing is hitting the sticks and win the penalty kick challenge even with editing Just knocking all but Russias team speed down to 1 makes it a breeze
Old 09-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
The Hypnotoad

Lol Wut Pear's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Mad Rik View Post
Maybe you could mention with editing its a 2/10 the hardest thing is hitting the sticks and win the penalty kick challenge even with editing Just knocking all but Russias team speed down to 1 makes it a breeze
I fluked the hitting the sticks. The first time I thought about doing the achievement I just moved the conversion back 10metres, did a small amount of power and it went in off the crossbar. I was laughing because about 10 seconds before I thought "fuck thats going to be a hard achievement"

But your right about the penalty kick challenge, even with my maxed out Russian team again Namibia I cant win it on hard

100% Retail
Ashes Cricket, Megadrive Classics, Avatar, Madden 06, FNR 3, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, PDC Pro tour, Sleeping Dogs, SR:IV
100% XBLA
Uno, 3 on 3 NHL, DOD, DR2:C0, Sonic&knuckles, Portal:SA, Monkey Island SE, SVC: Alex Kidd, Minecraft, State Of Decay, Crash Course 2, Awesomnauts
Working On
Portal 2, Cloudberry Kingdom
The Hypnotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
The kick challenge was easy- took me 2 goes. Make sure you max out the goal kicking, kicking power and kicking stats on your 5 players to make life easier. Then you shouldn't miss a kick. Namibia normally miss around kick 7 or 8.

1,3 and 5 are normally straight kicks, with 2 and 4 being from the side. Put the proper kickers in on 2 and 4 just to be safe.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #19
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
You can sim any/all of the games to get to the WC final. Even if are getting all the WC achievements in one go you can still sim the quarters and semis to save time.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
Jupman

I am struggling to get the "Just Like Pudding" Achievement. I have score a drop kick with a prop but the achiev didn't pop.

Not sure if the position of the player is important.

Any ideas on what to do exactly?
Jupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #21
o H i T M a N z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupman View Post
I am struggling to get the "Just Like Pudding" Achievement. I have score a drop kick with a prop but the achiev didn't pop.

Not sure if the position of the player is important.

Any ideas on what to do exactly?
The props wear the shirt numbers 1 & 3, if you score a drop goal with either one of them theres no reason why the achievement shouldnt pop, the only difficult part about the achievement is getting the ball to the props because they are not exactly ball handlers.

Pressing LT or RT when in a ruck or maul is the only way i have found getting the ball to the number 1 & 3

Last edited by o H i T M a N z; 09-11-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o H i T M a N z View Post
The props wear the shirt numbers 1 & 3, if you score a drop goal with either one of them theres no reason why the achievement shouldnt pop, the only difficult part about the achievement is getting the ball to the props because they are not exactly ball handlers.

Pressing LT or RT when in a ruck or maul is the only way i have found getting the ball to the number 1 & 3
I always end up with one of them in the breakdown, and one stood directly behind the scrum half so it doesn't work pressing LT or RT- I have to press B and hope its the prop that comes out with the ball.

You can edit the prop stats to 99 on running and kicking, then when he gets the ball sprint downfield in line with the posts then just drop kick with no-one around.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #23
o H i T M a N z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
so it doesn't work pressing LT or RT
Are you saying it doesn't work non-stop?

Or it just didn't work for you ?

Because this is how i got both achievements Big Guy's Glory & Just Like Pudding.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #24
Jupman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
I always end up with one of them in the breakdown, and one stood directly behind the scrum half so it doesn't work pressing LT or RT- I have to press B and hope its the prop that comes out with the ball.
Pressing B at a ruck worked like a charm - thanks! Got it on my second ruck!

Another thing, it seems as though it must be your number 1 or 3 player (props). It doesn't work if you bring on your replacement props! I scored a drop goal with my replacement prop (number 17) and the achiev didn't pop.
Must be your starting props - not subs!
Jupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Dico

Deeeco's Gamercard
Nice little guide, thanks for taking the time and the guys who added extra tips, appreciated!
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote