PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate
Gears of War 3
Quick links
Latest news
Jun 15, 2015 Gears of War Remaster Details Listed on Official Russian Site
Jun 30, 2014 Former Xbox Live Chief Enforcer Working on Gears of War for Xbox One
Nov 01, 2013 Gears of War “Ran its Course” on Xbox 360, Says Spencer
Apr 04, 2013 GDC 2013: "Hackers and Modders are Really Fucking Lazy,” Says Rod Fergusson
Apr 03, 2013 GDC 2013: Rod Fergusson: We Actively Used Achievements to Sell DLC in Gears of War 3

Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Raging Slash

Gamertag: Legend pOinT
Gears of War Collection Xbox One

What you guys think about it? It should happen, it would be a good deal for Xbox?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #2
GTAmissions1

Gamertag: GTAmissions1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Slash View Post
What you guys think about it? It should happen, it would be a good deal for Xbox?
I have heard of this suggestion on the Xbox Feedback website which has nearly 10,000 votes. I do support this and considering the trend and multiple requests by people on Facebook, I think they may have to pretty much do what the consumer wants in my view like they did with the Halo series.

Now, I do and don't support this. I do support how some people like having older titles be available on newer hardware which provides a lot more power to have better quality remakes.

A problem I see is how some people may be alienated by having every single Gears of Wars title or 1-3, and possibly feel that people should be buying it on new hardware instead of the Xbox 360 which only Gears of War 3 still has a decent multiplayer community. All the others are pretty much low activity.

I think it is feasible considering the success of the Halo: The Master Chief Collection, but other than official news, we may have to wait until E3 before they confirm anything.

Just my opinion.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:31 AM   #3
Dz06lt

Gamertag: DZ06LT

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Make a new game first then worry about porting the old ones
Old 02-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
Currupt Monkee

Gamertag: Currupt Monkee
I agree plus the 3rd gears hasn't been out all too long and I don't feel like playing it again after trying to get all those onyx medals :/
Currupt Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
Jweezy117

Gamertag: v InFiNiTy i
It would be so cool if they made a GOW collection. i would just love to play them again since its been so long since ive played any of them, and they would be on the XB1, so it'd be better lol
Old 02-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #6
Sh00ter70

Gamertag: O c t a N e 76
I agree. I absolutely loved gears of war. One of my many favorites. Can't wait for the XB1 version.
Sh00ter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
stave000

Gamertag: stave000
I think they should focus on the next Gears game
I'm happy without a remaster, I don't think I would play them all again

I can't wait for the next game though!
stave000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:26 AM   #8
Bushee Brow

Gamertag: Bushee Brow
New game for X-Box 1 first. Then redo 1-2-3-J for X-Box 1.

I would be stupid and spend months and months to do them all again on the X-Box 1.
Gears Judgment - Seriously Judgmental, All achievements, All Ribbons - 100%
Bushee Brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #9
Reggiez

Gamertag: Reggiez

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Getting all of the Gears of War games on the Xbox One? I would really like something like that coming out in a collectors box. The Halo box was a treat and I think the Gears franchise is strong enough to pull something similar off.

I've read several posts in this thread that talks about first making a new game in the series on the Xbox One. I'm personally not sure that one is needed. I thought the story was tied up in a satisfactory manner in the third game and I don't really see a reason for going back into the Gears world again.

The older games are however still solid (in my opinion) and if they were all brought up to speed and maybe had a solid multiplayer hub which included all the maps and game variants it could be really great.

I know I would play that collection for sure.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
angelusanya78

Gamertag: angelusanya78
I would love to see all the Gears of War on one disc for the One. I would buy it on day one and would through myself into all aspects...
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
Raging Slash

Gamertag: Legend pOinT
After Halo i think we deserve a Gears of War Collection. They are the two faces of MS and would be great to play them on Xbox One
Old 03-25-2015, 08:24 PM   #12
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Gamertag: Za Pantsupati

Awards Showcase The Indomitable DerpleHoff Award!   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Staff - Administrator   Staff - Front Page Content Manager   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Guide Writers Guild   Micro Guide - Diamond   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 26 (more» ...)
I saw a tweet from Rod Fergusson the other day that confirmed they are NOT working on a collection. I would have enjoyed it. He did say they are working on other Gears projects though (plural).

https://twitter.com/GearsViking/stat...53820344545281

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #13
DemonBullets

Gamertag: DemonBullets
The best thing they could do with GOW would be to go back to basics. GOW was the reason I bought an Xbox, I played it nearly every night, but by the time they got to GOW-J they'd gotten worse and GOW-J was not good enough. I would love to see GOW re-done for the XB1....

Last edited by DemonBullets; 03-29-2015 at 04:21 PM.
DemonBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #14
Slaughter.
Pumping Iron

Gamertag: Cpt Slaugh7er

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Slaughter.   Staff - Community Team - Graphics Team   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Submit - Silver   Cops N' Robbers - Tier 2   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
The GoW series is done. No need for sequels anymore, in my opinion. It would be the best time to do an HD collection.

I mean, you know a series is done when the most recent installment was a prequel.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #15
BiggD
White Wolf

Gamertag: BiggDope

Awards Showcase Staff Club - BiggD   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 4   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Spiral 462   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
The GoW series is done. No need for sequels anymore, in my opinion. It would be the best time to do an HD collection.

I mean, you know a series is done when the most recent installment was a prequel.
This post doesn't really make much sense at all

Black Tusk is clearly working on a new Gears project, and Halo had a prequel come after the main trilogy and yet, the series still continues. Now, whether or not the "it's done" comment is subjective in the form of, "I've no interest in future installments," well, that could be true to you, but the series is obviously not done, lol.

Thanks to Xerofox for the rambunctiously romantic signature!

~ WITCHER IS LOVE, WITCHER IS LIFE ~
|| CHALLENGE CLUB | STAFF CLUB ||
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #16
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Awards Showcase The Indomitable DerpleHoff Award!   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Staff - Administrator   Staff - Front Page Content Manager   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Guide Writers Guild   Micro Guide - Diamond   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty
There are plenty of things they could do with it to make it fresh and continue the lore. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Hell, they could continue the prequel train and have a few games during the Pendulum Wars. I'd eat that up as well.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #17
DemonBullets

Gamertag: DemonBullets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
There are plenty of things they could do with it to make it fresh and continue the lore. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Hell, they could continue the prequel train and have a few games during the Pendulum Wars. I'd eat that up as well.

I have said for quite some time (to my friends) that the Pendulum Wars would be a good way to go with this. Although then I'd kind of miss the Locusts. Maybe they could include some easter eggs to give a nod to E-day...
Old 03-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #18
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonBullets View Post
I have said for quite some time (to my friends) that the Pendulum Wars would be a good way to go with this. Although then I'd kind of miss the Locusts. Maybe they could include some easter eggs to give a nod to E-day...
Did you read the books at all? Lots of source material they can use. The Hammer of Dawn was a big part of the Pendulum Wars, and they knew nothing of the Locust at the time.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
The Notorious Loki

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Did you read the books at all? Lots of source material they can use. The Hammer of Dawn was a big part of the Pendulum Wars, and they knew nothing of the Locust at the time.
I am currently reading Jacinto's Remnant and its getting so good. The Pendulum wars an interesting time and I would love to see how they would make Carlos Santiago look. He was an interesting character to read about.
The Notorious Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #20
wildstang0302

Gamertag: PRESxADAMS
To bad they only did the first one in ultimate but man does it look good in 1080p
Im in the beta now lovin it. gettin rocked not having played any gow since gow2. I hope the new dev team can match or exceed what epic did in part 4
wildstang0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #21
Xx Caynen xX

Gamertag: Xx Caynen xX
http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-on...ars-collection
Xx Caynen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #22
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Caynen xX View Post
Not the same thing.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
lRedBulll z

Gamertag: lRedBulll z
I hope so but I don't think so
lRedBulll z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #24
Reggiez

Gamertag: Reggiez

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
I saw a tweet from Rod Fergusson the other day that confirmed they are NOT working on a collection. I would have enjoyed it. He did say they are working on other Gears projects though (plural).

https://twitter.com/GearsViking/stat...53820344545281
Oh, that's a bit of a let down.

Done right a HD box with the old Gears games could have been so sweet. Anyhow, now all I can do is hope that they at least make the next game as good as the old ones were at their best.

Some of you are talking about the Pendulum Wars. I have always liked that period in the Gears lore but would a game without locusts feel "Gears" enough? Not saying it wouldn't but just wondering if it wouldn't play quite different.