PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
ashleyk3

ashleyk3's Gamercard
a question or 2

i am going to be buying this game in a weeks time as i love horse racing and have never seen one on console before, but have a couple of questions about it.

can you breed and train your own horses?

if yes to the above:
can you then put horses up for auction and/or buy from the sales ring?
and can you then use your own bred horse in online races?

Last edited by ashleyk3; 09-07-2011 at 02:03 AM.
ashleyk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Yeah you can breed and train your own horses but I don't think you can sell them. After training them for the first year the stable you belong to will get it into races and you can choose races for it, as well as choosing to ride it yourself or letting others ride it.

I'm pretty sure there is no way of buying/selling horses but you will get asked a lot to become the primary jockey for a certain horse or stable owners might offer you one of their horses from their stable.

Sorry I can't help with the online question since I haven't tried it out online. I should be able to help with any other questions.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
ashleyk3

ashleyk3's Gamercard
thanks, im glad you can breed and train then but even if you couldnt it still wouldnt have stopped me buying it
Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
PillAbuse

PillAbuse's Gamercard
Yeah. I am currently playing this game and you can breed 1 horse per season (the harder the game mode the better your horse can be)

It seems pretty complicated trying to choose the 2 horses to mate, i presume you are meant to choose 2 horse with great abilities in different areas so that the bred horse has top stats across the board? I really am not too sure...

Also seems pretty tough doing the actual training with it, but you can auto-train which sometimes yields good results.

All in all, a great game, but unfortunately can't find any sites where people give information about the game, so finding myself making the same mistakes.

I recommend the purchase of this 1 if you like something different than the usual FPS stuff
PillAbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
ashleyk3

ashleyk3's Gamercard
the game should be here tomorrow and i should imagine you would breed depending on what you will want your horse racing in e.g classic, long, hurdles ect

but ill see when i get it
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
I usually just breed two horses that have stats I like, for my flat horse I picked two horses that had the highest ability as well as front running horses (I don't like using horses that stay at the back at all). And for jumping I did the same thing but also made sure they could run a good distance.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
PillAbuse

PillAbuse's Gamercard
OK, will try tactics similar to yours on my next chance of breeding 1.

Quite gutted so far, only had potential of 65 and 72....Was hoping to get 1 of these mutant's you can get(100+ potential), even playing it on hard mode to better my chances

Still enjoying the game though, great entertainment
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
I'll check what potentials my horses have when I'm next on but I don't think either have a chance of reaching 80 although one of them is close to winning a G1 race. I've been tempted to switch to Hard, how much different is it from Easy?

My method of racing is just mashing 'Y' and whipping as much as possible on the last straight. I win 90% of the time as long as the horse I'm racing isn't favourite to come last.

I'm hoping to finish all the Europe award achievements in my next year so I can switch to Japan already. Do you have any idea what the Quest or Practice challenges are?

Last edited by Tromav; 09-08-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
PillAbuse

PillAbuse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromav View Post
I'll check what potentials my horses have when I'm next on but I don't think either have a chance of reaching 80 although one of them is close to winning a G1 race. I've been tempted to switch to Hard, how much different is it from Easy?
I started on medium as I had played G1 Jockey 3 on ps2 about 10 years ago, so had a good idea of how to do it. Basically got to the point where i was winning alot of races with massive underdogs so switched to hard at end of the year. It seems pretty tough to get wins on it, i have managed only 31 so far (at August week 4). Timing comes alot more into it, and if you are not basically 1 of the top 3 favourites you will not win unless you manage to get a revolution or atleast trigger 1 of the blue abilities.

Probably worth doing a season on medium 1st, just recommend running the race the green arrow suggests and slowly build speed and when stamina is about to run out, whip until it says "go" in the circle and then either mash Y until the finish or time Y button with the vibrations on controller and then when potenital runs out mash Y.

Hope that helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromav View Post
I'm hoping to finish all the Europe award achievements in my next year so I can switch to Japan already. Do you have any idea what the Quest or Practice challenges are?
You can get to the Quest and Practice mode on the main menu, I had a little go on each, but got bored quickly so went back to the story mode, i think the practice 1 could be an easy 50g but the Quest 1 looks pretty tough and alot of races.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for the tips, already noticed a difference on Easy, but I'll probably stay on Easy for another season or two and switch once I mainly have the breeding cheevs left to do. Do you have any tips for getting good or excellent balance? I've only managed normal once and I don't know how.

Checked both my horses and their potentials are 71 and 74 so I guess there is a real technique to breeding or you just get lucky. I just wish the training period was longer, I can struggle with some of the workouts.

I'll probably leave the Quest mode till last and spread out the Practice challenges.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
PillAbuse

PillAbuse's Gamercard
Not sure how balance works to be honest...Wish i knew

Deffo would help as a revolution definetly makes all the difference in a tight race
Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
ashleyk3

ashleyk3's Gamercard
from what ive gathered i think balance is the pace