PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns Again
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Game is quick and easy + tips

I just finished this game last night. It really is one of the quickest games to 1k these days. It took me about 3 and a half hours to complete entirely, and that's from game install to hard drive to deleting all information (not just game play) and I'm fairly liberal with my breaks in between play. If you go after it without any breaks, there's really not much reason you couldn't finish it in 3.

All of the guides are mentioning to complete the game on easy, then run back through on hard difficulty. Personally, I think it's easier to just go ahead and start on Hard and play through that, then you can clean up what chameleons you miss. There's really no actions that are too hard to complete on the higher difficulty, I was able to get all of them before the end of the game no problem (and that was after screwing up the "Strike a pose" ones a few times). I missed a few chameleons, but just switched difficulty to easy and played through the missions that I missed them on. That way I didn't have to play through the entire game.

One thing I noticed is that the pause mechanism is frustrating. It was easier to just walk away from the sensor area than it was to hold my left arm out. If you need to pause, try just walking backwards from the sensor area, or way far left or right to pause. It's more immediate.

Lastly, in regards to chameleons: they're kind of a pain in the ass. Ultimately, they aren't that hard to collect, especially when following the guide. BUT, the game doesn't save when you pick them up. It only saves the progress after completing the level. So you can't quit out of the level and have that progress saved, making cleanup after your first play through more time consuming. That's why I would really suggest making your best effort to collect them on the last levels on your first play through. Even with having to complete the level it's not that time consuming, but it might save you 20-30 minutes off the end to make sure you get them on those last 4 levels or so. If you miss one early, pause the game (by walking away) and then hit the arrow in the lower right hand corner of the pause screen, so you can restart the level instead of having to come back to it later.

It's not difficult at all, even when not following these tips. But hopefully for some of those like myself, who are playing this for a challenge or gamerscore league of some sort, the above tips might cut down on the time to complete even more.

Last edited by twotonkoala; 06-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i agree just do it on hard i was about halfway thru on easy and struggling on golds and i changed to hard and i only didnt get a gold one time (level 12 got bronze try 1 gold try 2)