PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #181
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
As much as I love the game I fucking hate now the GL-Team-Killing-n00bs. Yeah yeah I know play with friends you know blah blah blah...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #182
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Heulsuse!

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #183
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrenfried View Post
Heulsuse!

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
Ghettoschlumpf...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #184
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Ok b2t:

I've played this game way more than you (almost at 200h) and sure i got killed by some "funny" kids but only around 5 times, but they all offed their help if i needed stuff or anything.
They just did it to show off, like kids do...
Dead Island was and still is one of the best online games/experience you can get.

If i compare this to my CoD Black Ops Multipayer times, and what i've been through there with those lil 12 yeard old american kiddies, believe me you will love Dead Island after that.
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #185
mavryk

Mav Ryk 1's Gamercard
Game is now unplayablw with friends online,it wont let you join friends games or even party up,fuck this and fuck them if they think I'm buying anything else they ever make,dont try and e-mail support either as the address they give you doesnt work.
mavryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #186
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got a character to level 60 and never found a unique legendary weapon. What the fuck man!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #187
FullClip Killer

FullClip Killer's Gamercard
Ok. I have only played this game since patch 1.3.0 and have to say a lot of what people are complaining about what seems to be aspects put in place for a reason. I will not comment on online as other people have been a plague on MP since before consoles were online so I never play it. Also I am not saying the game is bug free but there seem to be complaints about legitimate elements

Enemies level up with you.

Have to say, I was concerned at first but found this game much more challenging than Borderlands and enjoyed it for that exact reason. If you are really struggling then you need to think more about how you play it.

Hordes or high respawn rate

Firstly, the infected infnate respawn is in your head. There can be as much as 8 infected spawn at a time in the city but they do stop. aim for the neck and lop the heads of them, it's fun and super effective.

As per the rest, it is supposed to be a challenge. It is supposed to be an appocolpyse. I don't see anyone complaining that they cannot get rid of the zombies outside the prison in the walking dead tv series.

Think about the mods you get. The deo grenade should be your best friend, just buy loads of deo and duck tape when you get chance and craft as soon as possible. If you get in a pinch, let one off, if they take you down you want to take a few with you.

Weapons not levelling in PT2

You may also notice that the enemies as below your level too. I finished PT1 on lvl40 and I am now on level 46 and still using the same weapons I finished PT1 with, none are above lvl 38.

High learning curve in the City

You do not need to kill everything. Find other ways around it. Because the enemies level with you, it does not matter if you do not kill anything between quests. Run, climb up buildings, use the scenery to put you out of their reach. Get a car. You have no idea how easy it is to kill a Ram when driving a car. Once can be found in the water plant. Bottom line, you cannot kill the infection single handed so don't try to.

Bad route layout to waypoint

While the route system is bugged and does not always show up, when it does show up it takes you around the houses as it acts just like tomtom or sat nav. It is not designed for walking but driving. It guides you through the best route for any method of transit so may not always suitable for walking/running. Get your "free runnning" on and find shortcuts.

Bottom line, stop trying to kill everything, plan your own route and use your OWN abilities. This game is challenging not bugged. This is not a run and gun game. It is about survival not genocide.

Personally I am thoroughly enjoying this game because of the above gameplay elements, if you can't play it, stop complaining and think about it or stop playing.

Last edited by FullClip Killer; 07-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
FullClip Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #188
FullClip Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCody View Post
Why do people always kick me from their games? If you don't want to play with other people then select SinglePlayer in your Online Options, retards.
My main problem is people come on and do their own thing, often sitting there is pause or charging in without thinking.

I had one kid storm into A wing in the prison to take a Ram head on while I was trying to off him with Deo bombs, instead the idiot let him into the hallway and he took me out. Don't come to a guys house and crap on his carpet and he won't kick you out on your rear.

Also, not worth shutting the game to go single player and restarting it after a team up session.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #189
FullClip Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
The ending sucked
Yep. Have to agree.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #190
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
After about 3 hours, it just became too repetitive. I did finish the game and all of the add-ons, but I didn't do it because I enjoyed the game.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #191
Mako

Dacoshsith's Gamercard
Pawn shop, priceless
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #192
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
gdit.. game somehow reset all my progress on achievements with counters that I hadn't completed yet.. like rootin tootin lootin, collectibes, med kits etc.. son of a bitz

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #193
MCLOVIN2KILLYA

ya bitch thread
MCLOVIN2KILLYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #194
GrenadeHugs

redfield085's Gamercard
Hey xbox comunity. Need some help and think this therd is the best place to ask.

I've just started playing DeadIsland after downloading when it was free. And i'm having a major techinal problem. The camera will only turn at 90 degrees unless i press the stick very very gingerly.
Now i've already done some trouble shooting my self and i know its not the control pad as the game runs fine on my girlfriends profile. I've set my profile default sensativity to low. I've deleted the game (including patchs and re-download) even gone as far as to delete my profile and redownload it.
Has anyone heard of this issue or experied it yourselfs? I would really like to get into this game but with camera controls like this its unplayable
GrenadeHugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #195
bboy736

Rederin736's Gamercard
The reason this game in my opinion is because of the glitches and lack of ammo for guns. I know what someone out there is going to say "Well they made ammo scarce to add to the experience" and I don't care it still sucks this way. I need ammo for my guns because I picked the one character who specializes in guns.

bboy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #196
FullClip Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy736 View Post
The reason this game in my opinion is because of the glitches and lack of ammo for guns. I know what someone out there is going to say "Well they made ammo scarce to add to the experience" and I don't care it still sucks this way. I need ammo for my guns because I picked the one character who specializes in guns.
To be honest, apart from the few half dozen levels, specialities only really affect rage mode. It is not like borderlands where you get massive boosts for a specific discipline.

Also, think about it. You start off in a holiday resort, not much need for arms in an idyllic tropical hotel complex. Ammo and guns are more frequent in later parts of the game where it feels more relevant but you should be competent at melee by that point and only need guns against certain enemies.

I generally find a pistol around level 6 but never get/need to use it.

The glitches still present in this game can be frustrating, especially in co-op but a restart generally resolves them. Only useful if you have just passed one of its unpredictable checkpoints.