PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > BloodRayne: Betrayal
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
Pro Vamp (S rank on all missions)

I'm trying to get S rank on all the missions in the game, and recording each mission I've got S rank on. I'll post them all here including some tips for each one.

Some general tips:
-Get as many treasures as you can, especially the medium and large treasures are very important (they are worth 1500 and 2500 points). The small treasures (500 points each) are also nice to get, but if they're very much out of the way, just skip them.

-Complete the level as quickly as you can, the time bonus is very important. Any fight which is optional and takes several seconds, just skip it. Completing the level faster is more important than getting 100 points here and there.

-This one is obvious, but take as little damage as possible, especially in forced fights where you get 2500 points for taking no damage. I'm not 100% sure how the health bonus works, but I think that there's a buffer of an amount of damage you can still but still get the full bonus. And when you go beyond that buffer, the health bonus will drop down fast.

-Environmental kills are worth more than killing enemies yourself. Whether it's worthwhile to go after these is based on the level though. On the first two levels, you get a good amount of points for killing someone with a lamp (1000 points), in the third mission you have many easy opportunities to send enemies into spikes. But don't go too out of your way to get environmental kills. Winning fights quickly and without taking damage is more important.

-Use your pistol, it's the best weapon in the entire game. Whenever you think you're in danger of being hurt, shoot the enemies. On that note, whenever you get the choice of upgrading either health or ammo after getting 5 skulls, always choose ammo (it doesn't matter in the long run though as you'll max out both health and ammo). In some places you can also save time by shooting a treasure instead of slashing it.

-You take no damage from barrel explosions no matter how close you are, and barrels always kills all enemies on the screen. In some fights, it might be worthwhile to save the barrel until the final wave in the fight (which usually has the most enemies), that way you'll save some time and get extra points (barrel kills are worth quite a bit).

Mission 1

-Remember you only need to hit each barrel in succession to complete final fight very easily without taking damage.

-Most lamps can be run past to avoid damage, but there's a few you need to jump and slash.

-This is by far the easiest mission to get S rank on. If you're having tremendous amount of difficulty getting an S rank, just practice the game in general so you can start to win fights quickly and without taking damage. If you're still have a ton of trouble, you might wanna skip this achievement. It is likely one of the most difficult achievements on xbox 360.

-Not shown in the video, but there's a hidden large treasure if you run back at the very start of the level.

Mission 2

-This is a very tricky S rank to get as there's not a ton of points to get. Focus on winning the forced fights without taking damage.

-There's one secret where you're wall jumping up a shaft to the right, make sure to get the treasure there.

-There's 2 barrels you can push which will roll down and kill enemies. Make sure you keep running behind the barrel. If it goes off screen, the barrel will magically disappear and kill no more enemies.

-Near the end of the mission you have choice of two paths. Take the right one. There's treasures and lamps on the other path and you can backtrack to it, but I'm not sure if that's worthwhile.

-Killing the boss quickly is important in order to win the mission quickly. I recommend saving some pistol ammo when you get to him so you can take half of his health quickly (4 well aimed bullets will kill the upper orbs). Destroy the remaining orbs by hopping on them.

Mission 3

-This is actually one of the easier missions to get an S rank on. There's one secret passage (very obvious in the video) where there's a large treasures at the start and end of the passage. Make sure to get those for an easy 5000 points.

-There's also one small treasure (500 points) at the start just beyond the first pillar (this is before you fight anyone). After you kill the first enemies, you can find 2 more small treasures by backtracking. I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to spend time getting those.

-There's plenty of enemies to kill using the environment in this level.

Mission 4

-This reminded me of mission 2 in that it's difficult to get enough in-mission points. I had to rely on getting the entire time and health bonus. Thankfully, you can still take some hits from traps and get the full health bonus (as seen in the video).

-Make sure to get all the treasures in the stage. The small ones hidden at the top of the shaft in the start is tricky to get to, but 1500 points is definitely worthwhile.

Mission 5

-One of the easier missions to get an S rank on. Make sure to get all the large treasures as they give a huge boost to the score.

-As you can see in the video, this mission is very friendly regarding the health bonus. You can take close to 100% damage throughout the level and still get the entire health bonus.

-The only really challenging part of the level is the boss which you have to do quickly. Unlike what I did in the video, I think it would be smartest to stay close to one side of the boss, and bite and explode enemies until the shields are gone. Then move to the other side when you bite enemies again.

Mission 6
-Another easier mission. The only notable thing about this level is that it's a long mission. You get to play as the raven which is a very easy part of the level.

-You'll fight the big fat enemies for the first time here. Remember that after you stun them (with dash+attack for instance) you can bite them. That's a good way to stay safe and kill multiple enemies with one explosion, or you can do the 5 hit combo (X,X,X(wait)X,X) to kill one faster.

-In the dark fight with the 2 barrels, make sure you save the barrels until the final wave as that is a very tough fight.

Mission 7

-Long mission with a boss but it's easier than it sounds. Getting that S rank is still tricky though as there's little ingame points to find. There's one large treasure in the stage which is easy to get, so make sure you get that one (it might be easy to miss in the video since I shoot it and then run off again).

-I think it's necessary to get at least 3 no-damage bonuses in fights in order to get the S rank. Since the latter parts of the stage is straightforward (some easy platforming, one long fight which is basically impossible to no damage and easy boss), I suggest restarting the stage if you don't get 3 no-damage bonuses among the first 4 fights.

Last edited by Sectus; 09-10-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Looking very good so far!

Think I am prob gonna get stuck into these S ranks later on, your videos will def help!
Molloy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
luxxx

There's actually 2 small treasures at the beginning of lvl 3. Do a short dash atk as soon as you get control of Rayne for 1 and you nailed the 2nd one.
luxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
Updated with mission 7.

I'm not sure how to continue this guide now. Mission 8 is INSANELY difficult. I dunno if I should keep at it until I beat that mission or skip it for now. I hope it's the hardest stage in the game because this mission is stupidly hard to even get a rank above F.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectus View Post
Updated with mission 7.

I'm not sure how to continue this guide now. Mission 8 is INSANELY difficult. I dunno if I should keep at it until I beat that mission or skip it for now. I hope it's the hardest stage in the game because this mission is stupidly hard to even get a rank above F.
8 is FAIRLY doable. The trick is the hardest part for me was doing the massive chain of puzzles with the small jump area's. However if you go to the area with the trophy... you skip all of that. When you do that all you need to do is beat the saw on your first try (still insanely hard)

Beyond this I would say 13 is the hardest overall. 13 has a lot of puzzles where you need to jump on the bugs and 1 screw up no matter how minor results in your death. 14 isn't much better, but 15 is easier. 12 is doable if you MASTER all the elements 100%.

I'm starting to think I can 100% this game, but I am greatly worried of 8, 13 and 14. The one with the crab worries me too ><;; anyways... I hope my tip helps :3 I noticed a lot of places with skulls are quicker too.
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
I don't see how going to that area with the trophy will help much. Do you earn any points whatsoever going to that area?
Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #7
luxxx

Don't give up bro, we're all counting on you!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
I hate to say it, but I'm giving up. At least for now. Mission 8 is just absolutely insane, and I know the levels after that aren't getting any easier. You definitely need to do the 2 platforming segments without dying, but you also need to do at least 3 fights without taking any damage. I've played the mission for a couple of hours, and I haven't even been able to reach 30k points before reaching the end of the level, so even if I mastered the 2 platforming segments (which I find endlessly frustrating) I'd need to figure out how to do the fights without taking damage.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
demphra

Quote:
I hate to say it, but I'm giving up. At least for now. Mission 8 is just absolutely insane, and I know the levels after that aren't getting any easier. You definitely need to do the 2 platforming segments without dying, but you also need to do at least 3 fights without taking any damage. I've played the mission for a couple of hours, and I haven't even been able to reach 30k points before reaching the end of the level, so even if I mastered the 2 platforming segments (which I find endlessly frustrating) I'd need to figure out how to do the fights without taking damage.
i understand, yea this is one cheevo i'll never get, esp mission 13 where u jump on bees and fight those flying mummies while doing it, and if u fall down the pit u lose everything.

Last edited by demphra; 09-11-2011 at 02:59 PM.
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
The top guy on the leaderboards now has 200/200 so it is def doable! I am on 6 Ranks so far. 8 and 13 clearly step up the difficulty quite a bit, but I do think its doable, at least the levels are only a few minutes long.

Tho I can def see that half the problem is even getting the 30k in the level, never mind getting luck with some of the those platform bits first go!!

EDIT: Ok, I just did level 8, and found it wasnt actually that bad!!! The thing is I mucked up on the last saw blade bit, so when I just finished the level for the sake of it, it still give me my full 40k bonus, this means you must have more than 1 health bar buffer for this level!!!!!!

- Got all treasures, just look about for 1 run or 2 and you will find them
- I perfected the 1st fight- its easy with practise
- Just done the 2nd fight with the barrel in time
- Perfected the ghost fight- again not to bad
- I now had over 24k, so I skipped the next fight, which in my opinion is a nightmare, u skip it by going the top route where the skull is, plus u get 1k in treasure.
-Perfected the last fight, again easy as long as you have some ammo
- This had me on 30.5k going into the saw bit, like i said I died about half way through, then just carried on! I think the time i save by not doing the 4th fight, prob gives enough room for 1 error, and I hadnt lost much health at all through out the rest of the level.

This is not the 1st time I got to the end with over 30k, I actually didnt find it too bad score wise, just those bloody platform bits!

Last edited by Molloy2006; 09-13-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
luxxx

I just got Dhampir on stage 8. What part were you having trouble with?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #12
demphra

holy shit i just got the #1 spot on the lb for chapter 8 with 104795 after 2-3 hrs of trial and errors esp at the very end being chased by the giant buzz saw i never expected this so yay

Last edited by demphra; 09-14-2011 at 02:06 PM.
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #13
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxx View Post
I just got Dhampir on stage 8. What part were you having trouble with?
The platforming bits (I think I mastered those to the point I had probably 70% chance of doing them without dying, but they're still frustrating) and the combat bits. I really suck at doing the fights with the female vampires throwing/shooting stuff at you. I can easily beat the ghost fight without taking damage and I learned how to do the first fight fairly well, but I can rarely beat the others without taking damage.

I can give mission 8 some more tries later, but the primary thing which frustrated me is that the mission is quite simply not fun to play. And I'm afraid some of the later mission will only become worse to S rank.

Another thing I might try is to S rank other stages first. Mission 14 shouldn't be too bad (although I say that without ever trying to S rank it). Mission 15 should be doable too, as long as I can master the route for the extra treasures.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Quote:
The platforming bits (I think I mastered those to the point I had probably 70% chance of doing them without dying, but they're still frustrating) and the combat bits. I really suck at doing the fights with the female vampires throwing/shooting stuff at you. I can easily beat the ghost fight without taking damage and I learned how to do the first fight fairly well, but I can rarely beat the others without taking damage.

I can give mission 8 some more tries later, but the primary thing which frustrated me is that the mission is quite simply not fun to play. And I'm afraid some of the later mission will only become worse to S rank.

Another thing I might try is to S rank other stages first. Mission 14 shouldn't be too bad (although I say that without ever trying to S rank it). Mission 15 should be doable too, as long as I can master the route for the extra treasures.
14 is only hard, because alot of us are having problem in seeing where the hell the extra 12k points is coming from!

I just done 13, and had two runs:

Run 1: I did all the platforming bits perfect, but got caught in a bit of spam in one of the fights and lost a decent amount of damage. I ended up with a 36k damage bonus, leaving me with 96k in total.

Run 2: Good scoring game ended with 36k in the level. I messed up on the 2nd jump sequence ( the one where u jump over the blades) but kept going! It give me the full 40k bonus!! I ended up with 106k, 2nd on the leaderboard.

This is two levels this has happened to me on, i am really starting to think your allowed one fall per level, or as long as you dont fall in the ghost fight bit. I just dunno.... I am happy tho
Old 09-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
Sectus

Sectus's Gamercard
I'm guessing there's some hidden treasure in 14? It's a very short chapter, so hopefully not hard to find.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
I found it, its in the last corridor with the other treasure, u just have to jump about and slash and you hit it, u cant see it! Got s rank 1st go once i knew where it was! I just have 12 and 15 left now! Hopefully I'll have 200/200 later!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
luxxx

Quote:

For the battles with the female vamps, don't be conservative with your ammo. Shoot one on one side before she has time to throw anything then turn around and dash through whatever projectiles the other throws and shoot her as well. This should take out the majority of the vamps in the middle as well. If you get greedy and try for 2 fem vamps in quick succession, chances are you'll get hit.

As far as the platforming section, that's a bit randomness there. GL. Stage 15 was easy. For the treasure route, you can just dash, up atk, footstomp if anyone is having trouble with that part.

Edit: Just got Pro Vamp!

Last edited by luxxx; 09-14-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
200/200
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
Kasziel

I'm having trouble with chapters 8, 12, and 13. Only ones i have left, and i really dont want to give up now!

Chapter 8: surprisingly the buzzsaw race isn't my problem - getting 30k+ base score is.
Chapter 12: same...base score of 30K
Chapter 13: again...base score.

surprisingly, I get the time and health bonuses just fine. so idk what is up. O_O

any help/tip would be appreciated. Thanks
Kasziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasziel View Post
I'm having trouble with chapters 8, 12, and 13. Only ones i have left, and i really dont want to give up now!

Chapter 8: surprisingly the buzzsaw race isn't my problem - getting 30k+ base score is.
Chapter 12: same...base score of 30K
Chapter 13: again...base score.

surprisingly, I get the time and health bonuses just fine. so idk what is up. O_O

any help/tip would be appreciated. Thanks

Chapter 8: Your prob gonna need to perfect 3 fights, the 1st, ghosts and last one are easy. Make sure your grabing the treasures during the 1st/2nd set of acid jumps after the very first fight at the top of the screen. I think theres another 1k treasure at the top of the screen when you enter the 2nd section. I would skip the 4th fight and still have enough base score.

Chapter 12: I found this tough too. Make sure you grab all the small treasures at the flying bit, there could be 8-10. I would restart if I didnt perfect the first fight with the ghosts. There should be enough treasure in the rest of the level, provided you finish the fights on time.

Chapter 13: Never had a problem with this. Make sure you go back at the start over the acid as a bird, a few ks worth of treasure. Theres a large treasure hidden behind the piller where the skull is above the iron knight thing after the fight with the ghosts on the insect things. Theres alot of hidden treasure during the buzz saw chase as a bird. I finished the chase then flew back to get it when it was safe.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:49 AM   #21
Kasziel

Thanks for the tips Molly, they really helped.

Pro Vamp is mine! ty! =)
Kasziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #22
TheFarewell

R3DRUMINATOR's Gamercard
This ain't happening... Ugh. I already blew enough time getting ms perfect!
TheFarewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #23
SnapDragon

Smile

Chapter 2: there are some weird hidden treasures that make this level very easy. Near the beginning after you hit the barrel into a wall, walk up to the wall and shoot. You'll get 4 Large treasures (10,000 points)! After going up, right, and down, around this section, go to the left wall and shoot again. You'll get ANOTHER 4 Large treasures. It seems like this is a secret passage of some sort, but I haven't figured out how to get in. Still, 20,000 free points makes a big difference when going for S!
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
ethos1001

Bigethos's Gamercard
Great! I just got 2 S rank, it would be long and hard journey for me.
ethos1001 is offline   Reply With Quote