Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #121
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NnuttHowze T9X View Post
to those who need to drop of the purple & pickup the blue skull i can help.

GT: NnuttHowze T9X

Judging by his signature, if this guys gaming skills are anything like his taste in music, you probably shouldnt play with him
Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #122
NnuttHowze T9X

Send a message via MSN to NnuttHowze T9X

NnuttHowze T9X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Judging by his signature, if this guys gaming skills are anything like his taste in music, you probably shouldnt play with him
Frankly, i don't do the whole "e-beef" bs an i duno y u would have to try n start it when all im offering is to help others. keep that as a rhetorical thought n leave it at that.

back on topic now;

a way i found to get into the house after having finished the mission already was to create a new save file and continue off chapter 6, this is that start of the mission that leads you to the sewers & because its a new save you will be able to goto the house. so what i've done was started this new game up, and go into the house with the skull & join another players game. then simply quit and rejoin there game as you main character and you will then be able to pickup the blue skull and proceed to the resort an drop it off. however i was unable to drop off the purple skull as i believe you need to pickup & drop off in the same game session. the only way around this would be to have a friend help you and you take turns playing on the new character while your friend gets the craft, and then does the same to help you.

i've been using this method of joining games and switching characters to be able to jump around to whatever part of the game i'd like to play.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #123
jonny0boy

Send a message via AIM to jonny0boy Send a message via Yahoo to jonny0boy

xjonbovax's Gamercard
I think i found the Red Skull Drop Location in jungle area with small hut and big white gas tank where the human are
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #124
blackbriar83

Blackbriar83's Gamercard
Great guide!! Have 41 of 48 achievements si far. Me and my mate just got the 72 locations. The three that we hadn't got were the three that you had pointed out. Hopefully have a 1000gs by the end of the week. Once again a great guide and many thanks.
blackbriar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #125
Throrin

Throrin's Gamercard
I got the "Developer's 666 Craft".

I went on a workbench ... and crafted this blueprint and it supposed to give me "Left hand of Glova". I checked my inventory and NOTHING there. I thought maybe it was full and it dropped on the floor BUT NOTHING again.

- Did i do something wrong to get the "Left hand of Glova"?
- Is it a glitch?
- Do i need another item to use this ability?
Throrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #126
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
No it happens occasionally.

On my main character I have made 5 of these now mainly because it seems like it has no physical item to drop. If you drop it it disappears. I've lost them because in haste I dropped it by mistake twice, once I made it and had no space in my inventory and the other I had space like you but it just vanished.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #127
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Would be a lot more complete if you said what the mods do and what is needed for them to be built.

Also, for the skull from the abandoned house...it's drop point seems glitched. I have watched the video and shot/threw weapons at 10+ canisters. It will not open at all. Do you have to be at a certain spot in the game to be able to access this door? I'm 100% sure it's the right one, to the right of the ladder.

EDIT: Yes, it will not open unless you talk to the man you saved after saving him.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-28-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #128
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Hey Beer.... I added a link to this thread in my collectible guide thread. Gave you all the credit of course!

Just wanted to let you know and thanks for getting this all together!

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #129
joe joe

AlmightyPlacebo's Gamercard
cheers mate this will be helpful
joe joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #130
Evil Submariner

SzO PROMTHEUS's Gamercard
These dev mods are freaking awesome. THey "look" like some basic weapon, but boy do they pack a HUGE punch. I was running around with the poison military knife making tank, and thugs puke and die in like 1 or 2 hits. Freaking Awesome.
Evil Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #131
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadegifford View Post
Is there any order I should get them. Or should I jump (fast travel) back and forth after a certain point in the game. I haven't beat the game yet, had (forgot the name of him) the white guy as my character and decided to restart and start a playthrough with sam-b. So, I am on chapter two. Any advice on what skulls to start with? Like an chronological order or such?
tbh when i played this back in last september / october me and my buddies never got any of the skulls. we did go on a field day getting all the ammo blueprints tho! haha

you could do them in order, i would personally just have fun since its your first playthru. i tend to not go crazy over collectables when learning the game. but if you plan to, i would say wait till you unlock more areas. the pick up and drop off points are kind of scattered it looks like.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #132
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadegifford View Post
Is there any order I should get them. Or should I jump (fast travel) back and forth after a certain point in the game. I haven't beat the game yet, had (forgot the name of him) the white guy as my character and decided to restart and start a playthrough with sam-b. So, I am on chapter two. Any advice on what skulls to start with? Like an chronological order or such?
There are some of them that you are going to want to do in order. Due to their placement it is a hassle to get back to them after you have moved past that point. Also I believe there is one in Moresby (purple I think) that is inside this chick's apartment and after you go in and rescue her (it's a side quest) then you can't get back into her apartment. So you can't get it. Now that I think about it, that may be where you drop it off. Either way make sure you are aware of that before you ruin that. Now if for some reason you do, then you can jump into someone else's game and get it in their world if they haven't screwed it up too.
Other than that you can get them whenever... as long as you haven't gone to the prison of course.

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote