PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #31
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
yea i know, i also need some of the royal flushes. I hope i get the other achievements while trying for those flushes.
boun7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #32
Nordiik

II Stevee II's Gamercard
Finally got the full 1000 in this game...YAY
Nordiik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #33
AnimisticNero
Banned User

AnimisticNero's Gamercard
Im getting close to 1K'ing it also. The only hard achievement i have left is the Kunoichi Suicide Queens. Can't seem to cut off a damn hand.
AnimisticNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #34
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
this was my first 100%.
I'm happy for it wasn't a simple task.

to me the most difficult part throughout the game was Brother 6, especially with his god damn flamethrower !

I didn't have any problems with Flushes despite the Ronin one : P
I got Kunoichi on my third attempt, mainly thanks to luck. Samurai Flush was a little bit hard until I didn't found out that multiple perfect slashes work magic against them. but the most problems I had it was against those freaking fragile Ronins ! hahah.

- Rob Flynn

zimzvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #35
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Yeah i just got done with all of the Straight Flush achievements finally. The Ronin and Android flushes were ridiculously easy. Parry+X to cut off the head, horizontal slash aimed downwards to cut off the leg, and horizontal slash aimed at their waist to cut them in half including their hands.

The Samurai flush was difficult because they take so long to kill. I nearly ran out of time against them when i finally cut off their damn hand.

The Male/Female Ninjas flushes were all about luck coz they jump around like freakin bouncing balls X_x Thank god i got them over with....

Why do a lot of people have trouble with the Flamethrower dude? He's so easy. Just have to avoid his fire until he recharges, then rush in and attack him.

I only have 3 achievements left before i 1K this game. The 50 Vertical Slices (i hate vertical slices since they dont kill an enemy even when they're at full health, like the horizontal slash does) the 2000 kills and the beat the game on Hard Mode. Working on them now so i can get it over with and start on a new game x3 Thinking of continueing Street Fighter IV or Dark Sector after this.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #36
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
for the vertical slices go for kick and then slice --- B quickly followed by LT+Y.
on Ronins it 's a granted kill. though you have to cut them in half. most of them you will but you have to be careful, tho.

the flamethrower dude was freaking annoying. I had the most problems with the fireballs, especially in the third round when always at least one hit me. this fight is all about patience and I tend to loose it against such annoying enemies : P

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Well i haven't fought him on Hard yet so that may be why people have a hard time against him lol

Yeah the B sweep kick and LT+Y won't work coz for the achievement i have to cut them in half from top to bottom. It's annoying coz even when they're dark red, they usually require 2 or 3 vertical slashes to finally be cut in half x_x and when there's more then 1 enemy around, that's not an easy thing to do, it gets annoying real quick. I cant wait to get it over with so i can go back to good ol' Horizontal 1 hit kill slashes
Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #38
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
you must be doing something wrong.
I did the achievement doing only B followed by LT+Y. don't do it right after the kick for Afro begins the slash from the bottom. wait a lil bit and then LT+Y. Afro will start from above his head and then if nothing goes wrong it's a granted kill. if done good 9/10 slashes are counted to this achievement. trust me, I did it this way and it works.

simple as it is.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #39
AnimisticNero
Banned User

I'm confused. Are you talking about LT+B or just B? If LT+B then afterwards LT+Y doesn't he cut them from their bellies when they're in the air? Are you sure that counts towards this achievement? Well it does say they have to be killed by a Vertical Slice...doesn't say in which way....so i guess it would make sense that it would count.

At the moment i'm stuck on the damn Flamethrower boss. Freakin hell Afro dies so easily on Hard mode >< I can't dodge his god damn fireballs when he starts doing that fire shockwave underneath him and they always end up killing me. This is so annoying -_-''
Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #40
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
he is talking about just pressing B, so you just kick them once. Kick once and then use you'r vertical perfect slice, repeat that 50 times and you got you'r achievement.

Brother six aint to hard when you know howto kill him. use you'r dash to move quicker towards him when you'r close press X so you slice while running. he will get stunned for like 2/3 seconds now all you got to do is repeat running past him while slice-ing him with X or Y. Though i prefer X because with Y the move takes a lilttle longer to complete.

Last edited by boun7y; 05-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #41
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by boun7y View Post
he is talking about just pressing B, so you just kick them once. Kick once and then use you'r vertical perfect slice, repeat that 50 times and you got you'r achievement.
indeed. just like this.
LT+B throws enemies in the air in horizontal position and that is not good.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #42
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Yeah the B kick is what i was doing but the Vertical Slice doesn't kill them right away that's why it's annoying. Have to get them to really low health before it finally slices them in half.

Hmmm what do you mean by dash? As in run toward him and press X when near him? Or is there actually a Dash move? How to do it?

I tried the A,Y method from another thread but it still wasn't working for me :/
Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #43
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
dash = pressing the left stick. and while you hold the Left Stick (the one you move with) press X or Y and you will do a attack while you'r running.

To kill an enemy you need to preform a perfect slice. Hold LT + Y untill you see a light at the tip of sword then release both LT & Y. This way you should cut them right in half, from top to bottom. This should work againts all enemy's except Bosses and Samurai's (the ones in red).
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #44
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
@AnimisticHero
I have a feeling you didn't do a proper perfect slash. it's impossible not to kill Ronin with one perfect slash.

@boun7y
Kunoichis are also resilient to single perfect slash when they have like full health.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #45
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
oh ok thanks, i dind't know that.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #46
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Hmmm i see. When I'm charging up the LT+Y slice till the light is at the tip of the blade, i let go of Y but i didn't know i have to let go of LT as well for it to be a 1 hit kill on Ronins. Damn i wish i knew that earlier. Thanks guys.

And that dash move isnt working on the flamethrower guy. He either shoots more fire right when i 'm almost about to hit him or he just throws me back before i can even hit him. At least i figured out how to dodge his fireballs now. The A+Y move is hitting him a lot of times but no matter how many times i do it, it doesn't look like it's even hurting him :S Coz he never changed to his 2nd phase even once when i resorted to the A+Y move all the time.

Wish i could find some video showing some methods on how to beat this bastard on Hard.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #47
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
this one is a notorious bastard of pissing people off ; ]

you have to dash him and while engaging (not when you are already next to him) tap X, that makes him stunned and exposed to 2 additional slices. not more as he will hit you back.

so dash + X or Y (preferably X as the slice is a bit faster and easier to execute) and right efter this make two additional slices (either X, X or Y, Y.) no more than 2, tho.

and this fight is all about patience.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #48
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
since i still don't have my capturecard yet i can't make a video. but i have a good site with a walkthrough & video's for almost all levels. hope it helps some people out.

http://www.mahalo.com/Afro_Samurai_Walkthrough
Old 05-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #49
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
afair there was a complete video walkthrough for Afro Samurai on youtube.
I think that's the very same you posted.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #50
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
yep, that's right. just tought i post the direct link instead of saying, go search on youtube.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #51
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
tbh I didn't know that it was embedded somewhere else.
what I know, though, is that all of them were available on the same playlist.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #52
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Omg Mahalo lmao. I hated that guy's videos when i was Light Seed hunting on Prince of Persia. He kept cutting the vids at certain intervals to speed things up but all he was doing was confusing the hell out of people.

But his flamethrower boss video helped a lot. I never seen my Afro do that running slash move before. Guess i'll have to learn the timing and give this guy another shot. I bet i'll get stuck on Kuma after this X_x
Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #53
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
Kuma is easy if you learn to parry.

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #54
AnimisticNero
Banned User

Holy crap...i finally beat Brother 6!!!

I couldn't get the Dash move to work but i made my own strategy =) 2 slashes then A+Y. This vertical slice stuns him and makes him vulnerable for another X attack, then i can do A+Y again and keep him stunned until i either mess up or he changes phase/form/whatever lol

Omg i'm so glad i finally got past that rotten son of a bitch.

Edit: After practicing on Ronins in the Lowdown East Pass, i finally figured out the 1 hit Vertical slice also. I was doing the mistake of holding the Y button until the light at the tip of the blade dissapears (i thought it meant fully charged :S) But yeah now they're dieing with 1 slice. I should get the achievement in a matter of minutes at this rate.

Thanks a lot guys i couldn't have done all this with your tips and help ^^ If i can help you out by boosting games (if i have it) just lemme know, i'll help you out. I owe you after helping me out on Brother 6 anyway and teaching me the Vertical slice.

Edit2: Lmao got the Vertical Slice achievement

Last edited by AnimisticNero; 05-13-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #55
AnimisticNero
Banned User

I've finally done it! I finally got 1000G on this awesome game. It was damn hard and i'm proud to have done it. Thanks to Zim and boun7y for helping me out when i got stuck, couldn't have done it without you guys. Farewell! Till we meet again on some other game/forum someday.

My next target: Dark Sector
Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #56
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
congratz on this !
it wasn't easy, really... and I'm always happy to help : ]

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 AM   #57
KuchikiTaichou

Henry Blackburn's Gamercard
im having trouble with headband achievement!
KuchikiTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #58
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
what kind of trouble ?

- Rob Flynn

Old 05-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #59
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
Ok, what is the best place to get the Off Suit Royal Flush Achievement? im trying on the Doppelganger level but by the time i cut one up, and then build up the Focus again, the cigarette is almost burnt out. its so annoying. is there a bigger time limit on the East End Pass level? i just dont want to quit here to check just in case its not.

EDIT: NVM....just unlocked it, now im playing on #1 Headband Difficulty.

Last edited by Celestial Being; 05-17-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #60
GOG909
Banned User

SQUID MAN STEVE's Gamercard
i cant seem to do any of the royal flushes i only got the ronin one by luck cas some dude was jumping and i got the head and hand at the same time. how do you get a leg or head off ninjas and samurais?? i should be ok with the androids.
GOG909 is offline   Reply With Quote