Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Lecca69

qG Lecca's Gamercard
XP Glitch & Humanitarian Boost

UPDATE: This exploit can no longer be done due to the latest patch.

This is a glitch that I just happened to stumble upon whilst my co-op partner was away. I'm sure there are other methods of exploiting XP/Money but it's always good to know alternate methods. This glitch will also help getting the Humanitarian achievement If you haven't unlocked it already.

Now I don't know if there is any specific requirements for this glitch to work like completing a certain quest or being a certain level, as I said I just happened to stumble upon it and thought I would share it.

To start, one player must remain in the church whilst the other player does the glitch, I tried doing it with both of us and it didn't work. The player doing the glitch must run to the area shown in the video and kill one of the human characters. Straight away another human should spawn and you can begin racking in the XP. Sometime the glitch will be infinite, sometime it will just stop. If it stops, just run to the church and back again and it should start up again. The second part of the video shows you where you or your partner should stand whilst the other is doing the glitch. This can be done with more than two players aslong as one player remains in the church.

To make things quicker, you will need a powerful Pistol, My pistol does 337+196 damage and was killing them with one shot. I was playing as the throwing expert and was earning around 300XP per kill. My partner was the firearms expert and was earning 700XP per kill. Also when killing the humans, you can kill both and one will spawn on the left and one will spawn on the right, If you can, you can melee one of the humans and keep killing him aslong as you can remain out of sight from the other one so that he doesn't shoot you. Another note, you will eventually run out of ammo. If you have enough health quickly run to one of the dead bodies and pick up ammo. If there is no ammo, ask you partner to leave the church so the glitch stops, kill the remaining enemies so that ammo drops, then run back to the church and back again so the glitch starts again.

I may have missed a few things out but the video should show you how it works.

I'm not the first to upload the video, so I don't take all the credit

Last edited by Lecca69; 09-17-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Lecca69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Fug the Pug

Fug the Pug's Gamercard
This can also, clearly, be used to boost 10 heads are better than 1
Fug the Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's just an infinite spawn point not a glitch
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Lecca69

qG Lecca's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
It's just an infinite spawn point not a glitch

True. But surely having an infinite spawn point is a glitch? Can't see game developers purposely putting one in, especially when one player has to remain in the church for it to work.
Lecca69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One player doesn't have to remain in the church, we did this the other day without those conditions.

And no an infinite spawn point is not a glitch in an open world game, otherwise you would run out of enimies. It does need to be patched IMO because it doesn't shut off even when you go past it and you can be shot from behind by them
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just don't throw your weapon if you're Logan to kill the punks if you do this. You might have a heck of a time getting it back. . .

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Mancerelectro

mancerelectro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fug the Pug View Post
This can also, clearly, be used to boost 10 heads are better than 1
10 heads is a zombie killing achievement, not a human killing one. Humans don't count.

Edit: The reason you gotta be in the church for this to work...

Seems that the game works off of certain points causing respawns in other points. So once you kill off the humans, and return to the church, they respawn. Well, instead of checking to see if there is anyone nearby the spawn location, they check to see if anyone is near the respawn trigger. This is fine for single player games, but breaks completely in multiplayer games.

Last edited by Mancerelectro; 09-12-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Mancerelectro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
Fug the Pug

Fug the Pug's Gamercard
Sorry. I didn't read the description well enough. I was just going through the paces for that one. Didn't pay it much mind. My bad.