PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thieves Guild: May The Best Thief Win- Glitch?

I get to the house to steal the dairy and Methredhel has already beaten me and a new quest appears to steal from her. So I try and pick pocket her and get caught by the guard.

So I quit and load, the active quest is go to Amantius Allectus house, but instead of seraching for it, I follow Methredhel to her house instead, and attempt to steal when she is asleep, caught by guard again.

I quit and load, this time outside her house, so I read a guide and it says at 6pm the both leave and to look in her chest, I do that and it's not there!

So I then go to my active quest point - Amantius Allectus house, search again to try and get the active quest of stealing from Methredhel but it doesn't appear.

What the hell?
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Odd.
Try pickpocketing Methrendel while there's nobody around or turn Allectus house upside down, checking everywhere you can.
If that doesn't work, try talking to Armand Christophe or, if nothing of this works, load a previous save and make sure you're the first to steal the book.
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
Odd.
Try pickpocketing Methrendel while there's nobody around or turn Allectus house upside down, checking everywhere you can.
If that doesn't work, try talking to Armand Christophe or, if nothing of this works, load a previous save and make sure you're the first to steal the book.
After reading some more on here, I understand now to save often as possible, and I was deleting them too, lesson learned.

I'm starting over, I have done all the Arena quests, so I ain't too far into it, also give me a chance to change my major skills as I understand it better.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
After receiving the quest from Armand Christophe, talk to the beggar (Puny Ancus) to the right and ask about the whereabouts of such book. He'll tell you the exact location. Remove all of your heavy or light armor and sprint as fast as you can to the house. Methredhel might have entered the house as well, but she hasn't a clue where the the book is and it takes her some time to locate it. This is your chance to turn right and grab it from the desk.

It's pretty simple and not worth starting a new playthrough. However, if you have absolutely no previous saves, then you might as well start over.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Remove all of your heavy or light armor and sprint as fast as you can to the house.
Sprint?
Fast travel to the correct district in the Imperial City, go to the right and keep walking to find the correct house (I think it was right), pick the lock, enter and you'll most likely see Methrendel sneaking inside already. run to the desk, grab the book and go back to Armand
Old 09-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
Fast travel to the correct district in the Imperial City, go to the right and keep walking to find the correct house (I think it was right), pick the lock, enter and you'll most likely see Methrendel sneaking inside already. run to the desk, grab the book and go back to Armand
Fast travel? That takes up way too much time and Methredhel will most likely beat you to the book if you take that route.

And by sprint I meant remove all your armor so you can run at the maximum speed and get there by the fastest time possible.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Fast travel? That takes up way too much time and Methredhel will most likely beat you to the book if you take that route.
Lol
I've done that quest multiple times and always used fast travel. She never beat me. As long as you know where to go and what to do you'll be faster.
Otherwise, just let her take the book and do the other quest to join