PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Gunstringer
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Hawaiian
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,400

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Free DLC on Xbox Live! (The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles)

Free DLC (Gold Membership required) for "The Gunstringer":

The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (FREE)

This completely live-action interactive shooter features Wavy Tube Man Jr., who has stolen a time machine to prevent his fatherís death at the hands of the Gunstringer. Shot on location with classic western and futuristic sets, this DLC pack features quick-drawing cowboys, heavily armed future warriors, and a final showdown against Wavy Tube Man Jr. himself. Players use Kinect-based targeting, shooting, and more to chase the villain through time, the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

[File Size:1.94 GB]
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
master_shake_350
 
master_shake_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,541
Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Free DLC (Gold Membership required) for "The Gunstringer":

The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (FREE)

This completely live-action interactive shooter features Wavy Tube Man Jr., who has stolen a time machine to prevent his fatherís death at the hands of the Gunstringer. Shot on location with classic western and futuristic sets, this DLC pack features quick-drawing cowboys, heavily armed future warriors, and a final showdown against Wavy Tube Man Jr. himself. Players use Kinect-based targeting, shooting, and more to chase the villain through time, the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

[File Size:1.94 GB]
Dam that is one hefty DLC but its free so that's good. Can't wait to get the game.
__________________
Electro Swing <3
master_shake_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
eastx
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 1,160
Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Anybody know if this mode has any Achievements?
__________________
-Paul Acevedo
Games Editor, WPCentral
Twitter: PaulRAcevedo
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
master_shake_350
 
master_shake_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,541
Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Anybody know if this mode has any Achievements?
Its not specified in the description over at xbox.com. And TA hasn't picked up anything. This is unconfirmed though I could be wrong.
__________________
Electro Swing <3
master_shake_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
TyGuy22
 
TyGuy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 48

TyGuy22's Gamercard
There are no achievements for this nearly 2 GB add-on. The entire piece is a live-action B movie shoot out that plays somewhat similar to the light gun arcade cabinet games like Area 51 and Virtua Cop with a Jack Black "Be Kind Rewind" self-made home movie blockbuster style. You play a series of scenes where you must quick draw a shot on enemies before they get the drop on you. Most of the encounters are you vs a single actor at a time. Even sections where there are more than one enemy on the screen you only fight/shoot at them one at a time. The challenge (if any exits) comes from not shooting innocents. The acting is laughably bad and the script is even worse, but it does have that Twisted Pixel charm that makes you believe they grabbed a couple of handi-cams from the studio and put the entire thing together over a weekend trip just to blow off some steam.
TyGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
TyGuy22
 
TyGuy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 48

TyGuy22's Gamercard
Hmm... well... it's free. It certainly isn't going to be a game changer. It is unique in that the entire thing is live action footage that you interact with. It is entertaining to play through once, just for the Twisted Pixel style of humor and jokes. The home made backyard quality does give it its' charm and immediately tells you not to take the add-on seriously, ... at all. Basically, if you would of had to pay for this a lot of people would be VERY upset.
TyGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
Chrinst
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 55

chrinst's Gamercard
Its free so thats a bonus in itself. Getting it tonight, sucks that there is no achievements though.
Chrinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #8
eastx
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 1,160
Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Where do you actually find this mode in the game after downloading it?
__________________
-Paul Acevedo
Games Editor, WPCentral
Twitter: PaulRAcevedo
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
TTwen
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22

TTwen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Where do you actually find this mode in the game after downloading it?
main menu => Download Content. (how can you miss it?
TTwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
eastx
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 1,160
Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Download Content menu seems to just have a button to redownload the file at top-left and another button at bottom-right to view all DLC (trailers, etc.). I'm specifically looking for how to launch the DLC once I have downloaded it.

UPDATE:


The file hadn't downloaded correctly. Downloading it again now.
__________________
-Paul Acevedo
Games Editor, WPCentral
Twitter: PaulRAcevedo

Last edited by eastx; 09-14-2011 at 09:00 PM.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #11
MBCPeanut
 
MBCPeanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 36

MBCpeanut's Gamercard
This DLC is amazing. It's almost insane how accurately they pull off some of the Mad Dog McCree-style corn.
MBCPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
Blue Thunder28
 
Blue Thunder28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 178

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
I LOVE this DLC!!
__________________
Most Recent 5 Retail Games 100%:
LEGO: LOTR, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored
Total Games 100%: 116

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
knil
 
knil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31

agent knil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGuy22 View Post
There are no achievements for this nearly 2 GB add-on. The entire piece is a live-action B movie shoot out that plays somewhat similar to the light gun arcade cabinet games like Area 51 and Virtua Cop with a Jack Black "Be Kind Rewind" self-made home movie blockbuster style. You play a series of scenes where you must quick draw a shot on enemies before they get the drop on you. Most of the encounters are you vs a single actor at a time. Even sections where there are more than one enemy on the screen you only fight/shoot at them one at a time. The challenge (if any exits) comes from not shooting innocents. The acting is laughably bad and the script is even worse, but it does have that Twisted Pixel charm that makes you believe they grabbed a couple of handi-cams from the studio and put the entire thing together over a weekend trip just to blow off some steam.
Looks like someones never played Mad Dog McCree. It's closer to that than any of the games you mentioned.
knil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #14
ostinato
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
The Download Content menu seems to just have a button to redownload the file at top-left and another button at bottom-right to view all DLC (trailers, etc.). I'm specifically looking for how to launch the DLC once I have downloaded it.

UPDATE:


The file hadn't downloaded correctly. Downloading it again now.
Same thing happened to me. Were you able to launch it? I've downloaded it twice now, but it's still only giving me the redownload option when I hover over the button.
ostinato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
eastx
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 1,160
Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostinato View Post
Same thing happened to me. Were you able to launch it? I've downloaded it twice now, but it's still only giving me the redownload option when I hover over the button.
Yeah, I redownloaded it outside of the game and that fixed it. Now when I go to the Downloadable Content menu in the game, there's a button for launching The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles that wasn't there before.
__________________
-Paul Acevedo
Games Editor, WPCentral
Twitter: PaulRAcevedo
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #16
Highvoltage112
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5

Highvoltage112's Gamercard
I found this dlc fairly funny and enjoyable but overall just plain odd
Highvoltage112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
Baihu1983
 
Baihu1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,593

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yet to try it but its cool they gave it free. Any word on more DLC? i know the games not sold that well.
__________________

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?


Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #18
PANIC ATTACK 10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 759

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
this is an exact duplicate of mad dog mccree. which was a laser disc light gun game in arcades and sega cd.

they just changed it to wavy tubeman. ahhh the good ole days. its free too & fun! now how did i beat this again lol.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
Baihu1983
 
Baihu1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,593

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah its good fun and hopefully proof that games like House of the dead and Virtua Cop should come to Kinect. Either put all HOTD games and VC games on disc or release them over XBLA.
__________________

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?


Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #20
PANIC ATTACK 10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 759

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Yeah its good fun and hopefully proof that games like House of the dead and Virtua Cop should come to Kinect. Either put all HOTD games and VC games on disc or release them over XBLA.
now those games bring back memories! i would love for HOTD to come out!

in fact, my friend & i played HOTD while waiting to see, happy gilmour & beautiful girls at the theatre. great times
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.