PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Yie Ar Kung Fu
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
TrembL

TrembL's Gamercard
Wow! Is this horrible or what?

Is it just me or is this the worst game ever created? Kabuki Warriors used to be at the top of my list, but I think we have a new winner. I bought it for the achievements because they seemed simple enough, but I don't know if I can play this game long enough to get them. It's that bad.
TrembL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Hmm, I thought it was brilliant. I liked to pop on Yie Ar Kung-Fu, and see if I can do better than before. The achievements are simple - well about 8 of them - yes, but need few practice. However about 3 of them, I don't think I'll get them forever :C

It may be just me, but I do love Yie Ar Kung-Fu.

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   Uno - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Yeah Spartan told me it was horrible too. At least Bomberman came out on the same day.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
Mitty34

Send a message via AIM to Mitty34
Haters

Quite simply put, if the great game designers of yesteryear had not thought up an amazing game like this, we would not have VF5 or any of the Soul Calibur series, instead of hating on this game, take it for what it is. The game is one that everytime i see in a bar or arcade, i have no choice but to spend a few quarters on. No one forced you to download the title.

If you find my answers frightening, Vincent, you should cease askin'
scary questions.

Mitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitty34 View Post
Quite simply put, if the great game designers of yesteryear had not thought up an amazing game like this, we would not have VF5 or any of the Soul Calibur series, instead of hating on this game, take it for what it is. The game is one that everytime i see in a bar or arcade, i have no choice but to spend a few quarters on. No one forced you to download the title.
Chill man, everyone is entitled to personal opinion.

I personally only played the trial and it is exactly how I remember it. Simple and a pain in the arse to avoid the ninja stars

Other than that, its as it was. Simple and mildly entertaining. Shinier than I remember and equally as frustrating to master.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The game can be frustrating but it was how I remembered it. I find that the achievment points are not that easy...

patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 AM   #7
TrembL

TrembL's Gamercard
People always say - If this game wasn't created we wouldn't have all these other great games in this genre. But lets face it. If these guys didn't create this game there would have been some other game that started the fighting/combat genre. Hence the reason we don't seem to have any untouched genres. Being the first to create a certain type of game doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't have created it at another point. Mortal Kombat could have been created without a game like this being released.

Alright now back to the game. It's just the game mechanics that are horrible. The control is not at all tight (maybe with an arcade stick it would be better). I hate how when I jump at an opponent they just move away by that exact same amount. Maybe if I give it a little more time I will start to get into it. Guess we'll have to wait and see. But for right now I'm just going to keep playing Bomberman. :-D
TrembL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
Chill man, everyone is entitled to personal opinion.

I personally only played the trial and it is exactly how I remember it. Simple and a pain in the arse to avoid the ninja stars

Other than that, its as it was. Simple and mildly entertaining. Shinier than I remember and equally as frustrating to master.
Ninja stars are easy to avoid, just got to keep jumping and just get that bitch at a corner and your good.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 AM   #9
Fritz White

Fritz White's Gamercard
yeah, i wasted about 5 minutes of my life playing the demo for this. if this game helped the evolution of fighters then that's great, but it's hard to believe. i thought it stunk.
Fritz White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Cuz A Me

I agree. Worst Game Ever! The game really doesn't take a whole lot of skill. My cousin is amazing at fighting games and is a combo king. But he can't do a thing in this game and I can get quite a ways into it and I don't ever play fighters (except for MK). The hit detection and the control of the game are quite horrible.
Cuz A Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
Gamerscore Whore

this game sucks dick even worse then my girl does waste of microsoft points right here stay away from this P.O.S

Last edited by Gamerscore Whore; 08-23-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Gamerscore Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
sparrowblade

waaachow's Gamercard
I bought this game with some left over MS points and im addicted from what iv read its a love or hate thing
sparrowblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #13
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerscore Whore View Post
this game sucks dick even worse then my girl does waste of microsoft points right here stay away from this P.O.S
Ha, what a lack of respect for women. You're the reason women hate us.
k_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #14
JJBDude

Send a message via MSN to JJBDude

JJBDude48's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Played the trial and found it really boring, I live in the 21st Century and am not used to simple rather rubbish games from the past. One of the worst Arcade games in my opinion for sure.

Text
JJBDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
Dionysus7471

Dionysus7471's Gamercard
If having this game never exist cause a late birth of fighting games, I would be happy regardless.
Dionysus7471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #16
eGEORGE

eGEORGE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can't be worst than Space Giraffe. I at least know how to play this game.

eGEORGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 AM   #17
nykc

NyKc77's Gamercard
A lot of you probably don't realize this game was the pre-cursor to all the fighting games you are accustomed to today.

Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu were arcade classics back in the day. I remember spending countless hours playing these games at the red baron.

I just wish 3 of these acheivements were a little easier to obtain.

http://www.nykc.net/gamerscore.html

Looking to Boost:
Duke Nuke-Em 3D; Hardwood Hearts & Spades; MLB 2K8; Turning Point.
nykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
Elod

Elod II's Gamercard
That was the first fighting games I ever played (the C64 version). I still love it. Maybe need nostalgic feelings for it, younger folks will never understand.
Elod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 AM   #19
The Carrot Cake Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykc View Post
A lot of you probably don't realize this game was the pre-cursor to all the fighting games you are accustomed to today.

Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu were arcade classics back in the day. I remember spending countless hours playing these games at the red baron.

I just wish 3 of these acheivements were a little easier to obtain.
TOTAL LONGSHOT but by chance was this the Red Baron Arcade in Taylor, Michigan? Only one I ever knew of.
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
GirDraxa

Gir Draxa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrembL View Post
Is it just me or is this the worst game ever created? Kabuki Warriors used to be at the top of my list, but I think we have a new winner. I bought it for the achievements because they seemed simple enough, but I don't know if I can play this game long enough to get them. It's that bad.
There are dozens of games that make this (and Kabuki Warriors) look better than the best. This is merely a mediocre 80s game. Extremely low budget, but a nostalgia classic. Play original X-Box Pulse Racer or (shudder) Fighting Masters from the old genesis days. Compared to them, this looks better than Soul Calibur 4.
GirDraxa is offline   Reply With Quote