PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Action > Dynasty Warriors 4 Special
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
Muta32
Red Room Member

Muta32's Gamercard
Question Question about the game

Is DW4: Special the same as DW5: Empires?

I mean:
  • Is it the old mosou mode, or is it like in empires where you select a teritiory to invade?
  • Do the achievements count as a different game than DW5:Empires? (Seems silly, but just want a double check)
  • Is it like the regular DW4 where if you run into a general on the battlefield he will sometimes challenge you so you can
  1. Fight him/her 1vs1
  2. Fight him/her regularly
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta32 View Post
Is DW4: Special the same as DW5: Empires?

I mean:
  • Is it the old mosou mode, or is it like in empires where you select a teritiory to invade?
  • Do the achievements count as a different game than DW5:Empires? (Seems silly, but just want a double check)
  • Is it like the regular DW4 where if you run into a general on the battlefield he will sometimes challenge you so you can
  1. Fight him/her 1vs1
  2. Fight him/her regularly
While the gameplay mechanic is the same as DW5, this game is totally different. There is no map or territories to take over. You don't have to buy your gear items each time you want to go into a fight, etc.

What the achievements are is playing through Mosou mode and you have a series of "levels" that are single map. Most characters only have four levels but the main guys have as many as eight. These are the exact same map that are used in DW5, you just don't have the whole territory thing.

So for the items (necklace, horse, belt, all that crap) once you've earned it you can use it on any guy. These are just randomly found in the crates and barrels throughout the levels. They are not consumable, you can use them over and over. Instead of bringing upwards of 6 people it's just you and one lesser general. Just like the items, those lesser generals are shared throughout all of the story modes so you can level them up and take whoever compliments the guy you are working on at the moment.

48 achievements.. each should take about 40-60 mins. Very very long and monotonous game and not the quick 1000 that DW5 was. Actually I think I need to get back on this game and force myself to at least knock out one of these a night.

Oh, make a separate save file for each character you use and the first screen after you click mosou mode is asking you the difficulty level. There are five so feel free to pick the option all the way on the left.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
SaiSpag

Send a message via MSN to SaiSpag

SaiSpag's Gamercard
So basically it's the same as all the other Dyansty Warriors games? (Well, not the Empires or Extreme Legends games anyways)
And do you have a seperate japanese 360 that can play these titles?

PSU360:: Raito 75 // FoG 10, GT 10, PT 7
SaiSpag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSpag View Post
So basically it's the same as all the other Dyansty Warriors games? (Well, not the Empires or Extreme Legends games anyways)
And do you have a seperate japanese 360 that can play these titles?
The answer to both questions is yes.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to IMportdreams95 Send a message via MSN to IMportdreams95 Send a message via Yahoo to IMportdreams95

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Doom Tournament - 3rd Place   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i just ordered the game Sunday from play asia, i never play DW5, but i want to. its just one of them games that came out and i never got around to it.
IMportdreams95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
Jimmy Hapa

Jimmy Hapa's Gamercard
This is kind of a dead topic, but in case someone stumbles here and reads this...you can actually get each of the achievements in about 15 min. one by one.

Just get a horse on your first playthrough (one you can use as an "item"), then play on very easy with each character, using the horse to rush fortresses and clear a path to the enemy general. Then just kill the general and the map is yours.

Most of the characters only have 5 stages, so it's easy to do these in 15-20 min. Not the most fun method, but it's helpful if your hard up for some points.
"Let me tell you something. There are weak men and strong men in this world. The strong men take everything and the weak men die. That's how the world was designed. Now I will show you how it works, weaklings!!!"
-Luca Blight, Suikoden II

For some gaming fan art: http://jimmyhapa.deviantart.com

Jimmy Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
91GSX

Snipah Loc's Gamercard
I've gone through this game with 5 characters so far and still haven't found a horse as an item. I always have to swipe one from an opposing general.

I've been breaking the boxes as I see them, but haven't been taking the time to hunt all of them down on each map.

Any tips?
91GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
iHeartSlampigs

iHeartSlampigs's Gamercard
Wish this had an english version..I wanted to max every KOEI game..But oh well. Did everyone use a JP console for this and other games?
iHeartSlampigs is offline   Reply With Quote