PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Nicktoons MLB
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2011, 04:06 AM   #31
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
I really don't need tips on how to write a guide.
I guess my advice is pointless then huh? Sounds like you took tips from other people as offered it to the other guide. Why the hostility?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-24-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #32
PeRFeCK

PeRFeCK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
this game took me a lot longer than I thought it would, it's over 5 hours imo

thanks for the guide
Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #33
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Since you need to do a 9-inning game with showdown mode anyways, would you not take out a step and just have people play this instead? I would actually suggest having the perfect pitch game a focus after you've done tournament mode. This way you get used to how pitching/batting works.

I had to restart several times until I got used to the pitching. Then I got to 8th inning and a guy randomly hit the ball even though my meter was green.

I then did a 9-inning showdown game and no joke, the last batter in the game I had to strike out (top of 9th, 2 out) hit a home run off my turbo throw (he did turbo too). That was frustrating.

Last suggestion of this post: remove and change all the "simply" words you've used throughout the guide. Example below.

"Next we will get the Achievement for winning a 9-inning Showdown mode game. Showdown mode is simply the MLB All-Star game, except it is MLB Stars vs. Nictoons Stars. Simply choose either team and to maximize your time, simply bunt every time you are on offense allowing the CPU to throw you out."

And how is bunting and having the CPU throw you out every time saving time? Do you mean to first get a few scores in? Maybe suggest going for the 9-12 score so that the AI changes his pitcher. I don't know, but it could cleared up a bit!

For perfect game, it's my understanding that if someone does hit the ball, as long as they are out and not on base that's okay. It doesn't have to be a strikeout every single time (though that is likely how almost everyone will get the achievement).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_game

Also are certain teams harder on pick me up games? Like the comeback kids seem to have overpowered players. Is it a rule of thumb that bunting 3rd base in requires having less than 2 outs because it's more of a sacrifice? I am throwing right down the middle and getting the same results as taking the extra time to move my ball closer to the lines. Maybe it doesn't matter. Would be nice if you just had listed the pitchers that had 5 stars too!
I never said all batters have to be struck out to get a perfect game. It just makes it easier if you strike them all out.

In my description of how to throw a perfect game, i listed SpongeBob as a 5-star fastball pitcher. Its not very difficult to figure out which pitchers are 5-stars. Actually, all pitchers have a 5-star pitch, its just wise to choose a pitcher with a 5-star fastball.

Quote:
I guess my advice is pointless then huh? Sounds like you took tips from other people as offered it to the other guide. Why the hostility?
I'm not being hostile. The tips I took from other people were good tips. You are telling me what words I should and shouldn't use. I think the guide I wrote is just fine. Quite honestly this game barely needed a guide. The only reason I wrote this guide was because the original guide was pathetic and wasn't even complete.

I'm not trying to be hostile, but I don't need to be told what words to use. I use the word "simply" so people that use the guide understand that the task is simple and doesn't require much effort.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #34
porschephiliac

Send a message via MSN to porschephiliac Send a message via Yahoo to porschephiliac

porschephiliac's Gamercard
Awesome guide, thanks!

U.S. Army Retired
I was first to finish Ghostscape in the USA,
Live Score Tracker by 2 minutes in the World,
and Castelvania: SOTN (JP) in USA!
porschephiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #35
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Since you need to do a 9-inning game with showdown mode anyways, would you not take out a step and just have people play this instead? I would actually suggest having the perfect pitch game a focus after you've done tournament mode. This way you get used to how pitching/batting works.
If you do the showdown first the straight to the show achievment for winning a 9 inning game doesnt unlock its very weird it doesn't but it doesn't
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #36
Undrtaker

The Undrtaker's Gamercard
Would playing this game exclusively using the Kinect make it much harder to get 1000?
Undrtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrtaker View Post
Would playing this game exclusively using the Kinect make it much harder to get 1000?
Probably, but if you are familiar with Kinect and get the motions down, you could probably get 1k just fine.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #38
Officer Zero

Officer Zero's Gamercard
You can get the perfect game achievement with two controllers. I just did.
Officer Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #39
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
i dont understand how to get the achievement for hitting a home run with a pitcher. how do you get your pitcher up to bat. mine never goes up to bat

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 175
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #40
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
i dont understand how to get the achievement for hitting a home run with a pitcher. how do you get your pitcher up to bat. mine never goes up to bat
I'm Not That Easy - 25
Hit a home run with a pitcher

Simply hit a Home Run with a pitcher. Activate turbo () to make hitting a Home Run easier.

*Note: Can only be achieved with a National League Team as American League Teams use the Designated Hitter.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #41
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
oh my god the AI piss me off. i can not get a double play for nothing

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 175
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 AM   #42
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
oh my god the AI piss me off. i can not get a double play for nothing
Try getting a double play by catching a ball with a runner on 1st base and then throw the ball back to 1st base with turbo.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #43
TheFox2006

Send a message via MSN to TheFox2006 Send a message via Yahoo to TheFox2006

XITheFoxIX's Gamercard
Great guide dude and great work . Thanks!
TheFox2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 AM   #44
lefman

GREG XX JORDAN's Gamercard
Dude, don't listen to these guys...Nice guide, informative and I'm sure alot of guys used it. It's easy to berate someone else's work when you're not the one writing it. Good job and thanks!!
lefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Perfect Game - 100
Pitch a perfect game (9-innings)

You must get all 27 Batters faced out without giving up a hit or walk. The easiest method is to choose a pitcher with a 5-Star Fastball like SpongeBob Squarepants. Simply use the Fastball () and make sure to get either a full green pitching meter or a perfect pitching meter. The timing is not very hard and with practice, can be done quite easily. Another good tip is to "work the corners", meaning pitch the ball in the lower corners of the strike zone or on the edges of the batters "Hot Zone", that way if the batter does hit it, it will most likely be a ground ball, which is easier to field and record the out.

*Note: if you pitch a Perfect game, you will also unlock 'Quality Start', 'Complete Game', 'Straight to the Show', 'King of the Hill' and 'Winning Ways'. Cannot be obtained in Showdown mode.
I just got this achievement last night while playing Showdown, so the guide is incorrect.

You still need to play two 9-inning games (a Pick Up and a Showdown) since forum member 'vithzeral' verified that the "Straight to the Show" achievement doesn't unlock when you play a Showdown game. Bummer.

Quote:
A Full Deck - 25
Unlock all baseball cards

Simply unlock all 54 baseball cards. The cards are unlocked by doing different tasks such as beating each team, turning a Double Play, hitting 20 targets in Distance Derby, etc. You can check your progress by selecting "Baseball Cards" from the Main Menu.
You might want to clarify this achievement (and the roadmap) that all cards except for four are achievement related. The only ones you have to do extra are hitting 5, 10, 15 and 20 targets in 'Distance Derby'. You may want to put that information in both "A Full Deck" and "Tape Measure Shot" to let players know that they really only have to play 'Distance Derby' once, thus eliminating more time you have to play the game.

Quote:
Squeezed In There - 30
Gain an RBI from a bunt

Easiest method is to simply load the bases, bunt by pressing and score the runner from 3rd base.

*Note: Aim your bunt towards the right side of the field by holding the and this will make it harder for the CPU fielder to throw out your runner.
You may want change that the bases shouldn't be loaded when going for this achievement; if they are, they will always throw to home plate to force the out. It's best if you have a runner at 1st and 3rd or just 3rd base. Then you can sneak home without them seeing since in this situation they will almost always throw to 1st base for the guaranteed out. Also, don't go for this if you have two outs already as them throwing to first base will just end the inning.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 02-14-2012 at 04:08 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #46
worldsenemy

iiworldsenemyii's Gamercard
great guide, I found it helpful. Still can't get the darn double play one though. haven't tried the turbo thing yet, hope it works.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
worldsenemy

iiworldsenemyii's Gamercard
I got my 1000. I agree with Teal on a lot of this. I hate coming onto here and seeing some half-done guide, started before the game was ever done. It's even more frustrating when you look at the guide writer's achievements, and they don't have all of them!
Good for Teal for taking his time and actually doing it right. To try and tear him down and nit-pick his wording is elitist and lame. Isn't the purpose of the guides to help other players get their achievements? If the original guide writer has hurt feelings, he shouldn't be posting anything on the internet. At all. Teal wasn't being a bully, he was just doing it right.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #48
Gnomestone

I have a question. I don't have Kinect is it still possible to get 1000/1000 or is it like Forza Motorsport 4 where they have 1 achievement that prevents you from getting full 1000 because of Kinect?

Thanks.
Gnomestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #49
Agent CH

Agent CH's Gamercard
Yes, you can still get the full 1000. There are no Kinect-specific achievements. It's just an alternate control option.

Agent CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #50
johnb

john kenobi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I was able to get :

Welcome to the Majors!

by scoring 4 runs (3 HRs and 2 back-to-back) in the 1st inning of a showdown game
Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #51
johnb

john kenobi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
great guide, recently 1k'd
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #52
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide! Pretty fun game and very easy to complete! Maybe 4 - 5 hours? Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #53
athaby

Hamody SS's Gamercard
thank u ..
I will get this game tomorrow .. this guide absolutely will gave me a hand
I appreciate it
athaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #54
athaby

Hamody SS's Gamercard
guys in " One Man Wrecking Crew " what the meaning of RBI ?
I am really do not know anything in baseball ;(
more explain please
athaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #55
MGMoceri

MGMoceri's Gamercard
Great guide man. Just picked it up and plan on 1k-Ing this in a few hours
MGMoceri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #56
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Nicktoons MLB Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Watch me fault her. You're living like a disaster. She said "Kill me faster with strawberry gashes all over"
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #57
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by athaby View Post
guys in " One Man Wrecking Crew " what the meaning of RBI ?
I am really do not know anything in baseball ;(
more explain please
RBI, Runs Batted In.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #58
THE Mr Fill

the mr fill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
I just got "Welcome to the Majors!" by hitting Home Runs from the first 3 pitches (all pitches by my starting pitcher were "Perfect" and in the Hot Zone, so I had 4 Turbos)

the pitcher changed in the middle of the first innings - this might be a faster way in general to get it

EDIT: While I appreciate the guide, it is written with "simply" an awful lot - even if it is simple you don't have to say "simply" every single time...

Retail:
1000+gs=16 - 1000gs=41 - 900+gs=11 - 800+gs=14
Arcade:
400 games=4
200 games=8
50 games=4
WP games=49

40k 28-09-2009; 50k 31-07-2010; 60k 29-09-2010
70k 27-12-2010; 80k 07-02-2011; 90k 31-03-2011
100k 18-05-2011; 110k 29-06-2011 120k 19-09-2011
130k 25-02-2012; 140k 03-03-2013 150k 06-08-2013
160k 22-03-2014
I'm slowing down...

Last edited by THE Mr Fill; 03-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.
THE Mr Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #59
Triiv

Gaidxn's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide great work.
Triiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #60
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Cheers for the guide. Just,got my 1000!
Last Achievement : Published - Metro Redux (Xbox One) - 40g
Last 100% Completion : Metro Redux (2000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote