Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
SgtFuzzyGhost

sgtfuzzyghost's Gamercard
"Auto-scale enemy level" Option does nothing

My friends and I are going through the campaign cooperatively, and we all got asked whether we want the enemies to scale to our level. We all said no. We also noticed the option pertaining to this in the game options menu, and left it off.

However, the enemies always scale to our level. Granted, I'm slightly higher level than my friends (not sure how), so their level varies, but they are always roughly our level.

Granted, I expect the enemy level to adjust when we reach a new area, but sometimes when we back track, they are still around the same level as us.

Is this only for specific modes, or are we doing something wrong? We would like to get some of the "in a row" achievements, but they would be much easier against lower level enemies.

Dead Island
Ghost Busters
Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
NeverDead
Orange Box (Team Fortress 2)
Portal 2
SgtFuzzyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
x LeXXuz x

Auto-scale does exactly what it's supposed to.

If you turn it ON and join someone's game, your enemies will scale according to your level, no matter what level the host is. Turning this OFF means the game ignores your level and scales the enemies for all players according to the level of the host player.

Since your friends had almost about the same level than you, you surely did not notice any big difference.

However, imagine you are lvl50 and join a game with a host @ lvl1. Turning auto-scale off would mean you fight lvl1 enemies with your lvl50 char. This would be absolutely no challenge at all and quite boring after a while.
The other way round; when you join a lvl50 host's game with you lvl1 char, you would not stand a chance against the lvl50 enemies in his game.
This is where auto-scale is really useful.

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote