PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #301
EliteLeafHater
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
So which are the 30 you need is the question? This guide lists out 65 medals but if the achievement only requires 30 then knowing which 30 it is would be extremely helpful.
you just get a medal for 30 if you look at the war journal achievement section it says you need all 65
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #302
GenericNPC
 
GenericNPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 141

Im Dan Hibiki's Gamercard
according to my game guide you only need 3000 headshots in order to onyx that medal
__________________
GenericNPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #303
Nikke84
 
Nikke84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 427

Nikke84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericNPC View Post
according to my game guide you only need 3000 headshots in order to onyx that medal
Thought it listed it at 4000? I know the silver requirement is wrong in the guide, it's supposed to be 500, think it had it listed at 250 or 300. Im still far from 500 hs, they dont come very often so i cant really confirm anything past silver.
__________________
Nikke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #304
Nikke84
 
Nikke84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 427

Nikke84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyTHEone View Post
edited the ??? to numbers as the strategy guide tells me. i guess the abductor is also 250 (whats else xD )
I had all these up and someone told me they were wrong, cant trust the strategy guide really :/

Might just put them up and list as unconfirmed tomorrow though.
__________________

Last edited by Nikke84; 09-27-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Nikke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #305
HalfEVILmonkey
 
HalfEVILmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berry Hill
Posts: 1,619

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikke84 View Post
Thought it listed it at 4000? I know the silver requirement is wrong in the guide, it's supposed to be 500, think it had it listed at 250 or 300. Im still far from 500 hs, they dont come very often so i cant really confirm anything past silver.
You probably already know this, but if you down someone and shoot them with your pistol in the head, that does count as a headshot.
__________________
HalfEVILmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #306
Nikke84
 
Nikke84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 427

Nikke84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
You probably already know this, but if you down someone and shoot them with your pistol in the head, that does count as a headshot.
Got most of my headshots this way.
__________________
Nikke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #307
Scrapmetal99
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 61

Scrapmetal99's Gamercard
Excellent guide, helps alot!
Scrapmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #308
KingBroly
 
KingBroly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 965

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does anyone know how much XP each Onyx Medal gives out? Because I just found out that you can get multiple Onyx Medals. I just got a 2nd Field Engineer Onyx Medal (it has a nice "2" underneath it.
__________________
I don't accept Friend Requests without Messages

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #309
Phantomzero17
 
Phantomzero17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dargaard Keep
Posts: 298

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
Does anyone know how much XP each Onyx Medal gives out? Because I just found out that you can get multiple Onyx Medals. I just got a 2nd Field Engineer Onyx Medal (it has a nice "2" underneath it.
Going from rank 5 of that to rank 7 while getting 16 combat engineer medals netted me 15K and some change. So roughly 7K a piece it seems to me.
__________________
Est Sularus oth Mithas
Est Sudandus oth Nikkas
Phantomzero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #310
WHiiTLEY
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9

WHiiTLEY's Gamercard
Headshots

Gold level headshots require 2000 so im guessing 6000 will be onyx
WHiiTLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #311
WHiiTLEY
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9

WHiiTLEY's Gamercard
Beast mode

Get to wave 11 / 12 and destroy all fortifications then wait for timer to run out, this will help get money and destroyed fortifications + kills etc.
WHiiTLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #312
SR x FUZiON
 
SR x FUZiON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 352

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Doing 5 of these vengeful medals a day until i get it.
__________________
This Signature will not change until Arsenal win a Trophy.....

Started on 21/08/2011



SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #313
ConfusedGeek
 
ConfusedGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,644

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR x FUZiON View Post
Doing 5 of these vengeful medals a day until i get it.
how are you doing it?

and how long will five a day take? how many minutes per day?
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #314
Nikke84
 
Nikke84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 427

Nikke84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
how are you doing it?

and how long will five a day take? how many minutes per day?
I'd imagine about 10-15 minutes, doing 5 per day for 100 days = 500.
__________________
Nikke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #315
soundlessb00m
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 288

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikke84 View Post
I'd imagine about 10-15 minutes, doing 5 per day for 100 days = 500.
Surely you can do more than that a day. KOTH and get the second controller to kill you 5 times and then kill them once.

Doing it 500 times legit is an absolute piss take.
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #316
xhunterrrr
 
xhunterrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 9,112

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlessb00m View Post
Surely you can do more than that a day. KOTH and get the second controller to kill you 5 times and then kill them once.

Doing it 500 times legit is an absolute piss take.
Yeah. You purposely have to get killed 5 times in a row then hunt down that person. Good luck doing that 500 at any reasonable rate in actual games. I don't think I have gotten a single one since I started playing on release day.
__________________
xhunterrrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #317
rogers897
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1

Professor Bush's Gamercard
War Supporter

i just try to do the war upporter medal and doing the warzone thing got all the kills won the match and didnt get one part of the medal HELP !!!!!!!!
rogers897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #318
RecyclopsCXVII
 
RecyclopsCXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 119

Spehktor's Gamercard
Someone above mentioned that some of the Onyx medals can be leveled up, like the Field Engineer medal. Anyone know how high it can be leveled up?
__________________
GT: Spehktor
Time Zone: EST
RecyclopsCXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #319
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecyclopsCXVII View Post
Someone above mentioned that some of the Onyx medals can be leveled up, like the Field Engineer medal. Anyone know how high it can be leveled up?
My Field Engineer medal is currently level 12.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #320
Azza825
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17

Aaron2912's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
My Field Engineer medal is currently level 12.
Jesus! 12? if i was wearing a hat, i would take it off to you, i've noticed your most likely the most dedicated in this forum to getting seriously 3.0 as i read you had like 13 or something somewhere, may i ask which onyx medals you have? im also going for seriously 3.0 and i've been playing since launch and only have 6 onyx, 2 golds, 8 silvers and 18 bronze's
Azza825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #321
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i dont get your desxcription for the allfathers medal
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #322
Nikke84
 
Nikke84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 427

Nikke84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
i dont get your desxcription for the allfathers medal
Thats the in-game description, it means that you unlock onyx on it once you unlock onyx on all game modes. In other words, it unlocks as soon as you play 3000 matches in each game mode.
__________________
Nikke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #323
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza825 View Post
Jesus! 12? if i was wearing a hat, i would take it off to you, i've noticed your most likely the most dedicated in this forum to getting seriously 3.0 as i read you had like 13 or something somewhere, may i ask which onyx medals you have? im also going for seriously 3.0 and i've been playing since launch and only have 6 onyx, 2 golds, 8 silvers and 18 bronze's
Well, i'm not trying to be the first in the world, but this is a nice challenge to do for me, since i never had the drive to get Seriously 1.0. Another reason is that i didn't have internet when it released.

Anyways, i have 17 Onyx medals currently and working on my 18th.

War Supporter, FOR THE HORDE!, Field Engineer, I'M A BEAST, Beastly, Motivator, Dismantler, Ruthless, Investor, High Roller, King of Cog, Number 1, Warmonger, Force Multiplier, Survivalist, Doorman and Tour of Duty.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #324
Hent High
 
Hent High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 241

Hent High's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Well, i'm not trying to be the first in the world, but this is a nice challenge to do for me, since i never had the drive to get Seriously 1.0. Another reason is that i didn't have internet when it released.

Anyways, i have 17 Onyx medals currently and working on my 18th.

War Supporter, FOR THE HORDE!, Field Engineer, I'M A BEAST, Beastly, Motivator, Dismantler, Ruthless, Investor, High Roller, King of Cog, Number 1, Warmonger, Force Multiplier, Survivalist, Doorman and Tour of Duty.
Any chance you could share how you got so many Onyx so fast?
Hent High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #325
ClowNz
 
ClowNz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 70

Joey ClowNz's Gamercard
Actually, some of them you can get together. Like Number 1, Survivalist, and Force Multiplier. I'm working on that now, while doing matches by leaving my xbox on at night. I also need to find ppl to do insane arcade and insane horde. Currently only have 3 right now though.
ClowNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #326
soundlessb00m
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 288

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Well, i'm not trying to be the first in the world, but this is a nice challenge to do for me, since i never had the drive to get Seriously 1.0. Another reason is that i didn't have internet when it released.

Anyways, i have 17 Onyx medals currently and working on my 18th.

War Supporter, FOR THE HORDE!, Field Engineer, I'M A BEAST, Beastly, Motivator, Dismantler, Ruthless, Investor, High Roller, King of Cog, Number 1, Warmonger, Force Multiplier, Survivalist, Doorman and Tour of Duty.
Kudos dude. I have 2...

Have you any guides on how you did them so fast? Or was it literally grind the Arcade medals out?

King of Cog, Number 1, Force Multiplier, Survivalist and Aficionado can be done by grinding and Warmonger just by completing Arcade on Insane (can be grouped with the co-op and 4 player co-op achievements)

Is this how you did it?? I'm feeling far, far behind.

Last edited by soundlessb00m; 09-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #327
Scarface O70
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Haque, The Netherlands
Posts: 143

Scarface O70's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClowNz View Post
Actually, some of them you can get together. Like Number 1, Survivalist, and Force Multiplier. I'm working on that now, while doing matches by leaving my xbox on at night. I also need to find ppl to do insane arcade and insane horde. Currently only have 3 right now though.
Ill join you with insane arcade 4player when you reach act 3 chapter 6( brothers to the end) im stuck there. Plus i had mutators on
__________________
Scarface O70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #328
xI WARFARE
 
xI WARFARE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: S.E England
Posts: 879

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Anyways, i have 17 Onyx medals currently and working on my 18th.

War Supporter, FOR THE HORDE!, Field Engineer, I'M A BEAST, Beastly, Motivator, Dismantler, Ruthless, Investor, High Roller, King of Cog, Number 1, Warmonger, Force Multiplier, Survivalist, Doorman and Tour of Duty.

Impressive. I'm assuming you did Berserker waves on Beast casual and waited for the timer to run out. I guess that's why you don't have Ready for the Heavies onyx.

I guess you should do Horde boss waves on insane with Instagib, super reload and infinite ammo. Good luck on Seriously 3.0
__________________

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #329
soundlessb00m
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 288

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
Impressive. I'm assuming you did Berserker waves on Beast casual and waited for the timer to run out. I guess that's why you don't have Ready for the Heavies onyx.

I guess you should do Horde boss waves on insane with Instagib, super reload and infinite ammo. Good luck on Seriously 3.0
Explain??
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #330
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
Impressive. I'm assuming you did Berserker waves on Beast casual and waited for the timer to run out. I guess that's why you don't have Ready for the Heavies onyx.

I guess you should do Horde boss waves on insane with Instagib, super reload and infinite ammo. Good luck on Seriously 3.0
Ready for the heavies is called High Roller. I played all of my Beast matches with public people.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.