PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #1201
head0r Inc
 
head0r Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 755

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Pyro is probably the most unfavorable one for me currently.
Pyro is pretty easy, i did 1500 kills yesterday within 4 hrs or something. Mercy, easy bots, Koth, only hammers.... easy..
__________________




head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #1202
hamster3
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 133

hamster3 3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
Spotter comes automatically while playing for the weapon kills. I got 5000 spot assists already.. just keep on playing and spot here and there.

Only 106 untouchable ribbons left, gosh i cant wait for the moment i have onyxed this shit! LOL
Then you have to decide what you are going to idle next lol, I picked wingman for some strange reason. Must just love the hard medals.
hamster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #1203
Corvus 6
 
Corvus 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colbert, WA.
Posts: 18

corvus 6's Gamercard
[quote=the real a 0bsolete;4640679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus 6 View Post
Maximizing Sapper & Active Reloads



cool post, but this is nothing new. this is the same thing posted in the guide.

edit: frags are faster BTW. if you do this in the spot you are talking about, they respawn just as fast as you can destroy them.
I know this is nothing new, just a more detailed version and it adds in working on active reloading while you wait for weapon respawns.

And yes I know Frag grenades would be faster, and that incindiaries work as well. I went with the smoke grenades for the fact that there is a lesser chance of screwing up and accidentally killing yourself or the 2nd controller. I was trying to take human error out of the equasion.
__________________
"Raining blood, from a lacerated sky, bleeding its horror, creating my structure, now I shall reign in blood!"
Corvus 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #1204
Corvus 6
 
Corvus 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colbert, WA.
Posts: 18

corvus 6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Holland II View Post
Corvus I sent you a friend request and am able to do sapper inbetween 3 and 7 eastern time tomorrow night if your available. We don't have to do it all in one shot if you don't want.

Holland I saw the friend request last night, was caught up in trying out a new controller and finally moving to a Turtle Beach headset (f'n thing kicks ass, should have made that move years ago, I can hear every little sound in the game)...I will add you this evening when I get home. I am located in WA. on the West Coast...I don't get home from work til about 4:30pm if that works.
__________________
"Raining blood, from a lacerated sky, bleeding its horror, creating my structure, now I shall reign in blood!"
Corvus 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #1205
head0r Inc
 
head0r Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 755

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster3 View Post
Then you have to decide what you are going to idle next lol, I picked wingman for some strange reason. Must just love the hard medals.
Wingman is a pain. But i think i will go for execution combined with hard target first
__________________




head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #1206
Awcky
 
Awcky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 38

awcky's Gamercard
I am not sure if anyone posted this but I just confirmed that if you cache your memory and do not have the title update the spawn protection lowers from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in TDM. I am not sure about any other playlists, I haven't tried. It may not seem like a lot of time, but you'll notice it if you are doing the captor/head shot medal.




Just tried this but instead of going for captor and head shot. I just killed my guest with a torque bow each time he spawned, went for explosives kills instead and I got 65 kills in a 2 round match of TDM aren't TDM rounds 10 minutes? So that would be 65 explosive kills in 20 minutes. Or is there an easier method out there I don't know of?
__________________
AHHHHHH KEYYYYY (Awcky)

Last edited by Awcky; 11-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Awcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #1207
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awcky View Post
I am not sure if anyone posted this but I just confirmed that if you cache your memory and do not have the title update the spawn protection lowers from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in TDM. I am not sure about any other playlists, I haven't tried. It may not seem like a lot of time, but you'll notice it if you are doing the captor/head shot medal.




Just tried this but instead of going for captor and head shot. I just killed my guest with a torque bow each time he spawned, went for explosives kills instead and I got 65 kills in a 2 round match of TDM aren't TDM rounds 10 minutes? So that would be 65 explosive kills in 20 minutes. Or is there an easier method out there I don't know of?
I don't think there is a faster method for explosive kills, unless you get multiple kills with a Boomshot. It will still be messy in a KOTH setting.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #1208
ConfusedGeek
 
ConfusedGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,644

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this cant be what they wanted. i rarely play online now, just boost because its quicker to get medals and playing online isnt always fun. im sure this will change in amonth (or two) once i finish the gametypes.



anyhow did ppl do more headshots yesterday with he bigger heads?

other than idle boosting game type, im going for headshots, sapper, and use meatshield and horde rounds (plus silverback upgrade), but i find I cant do more than an hour total of this.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #1209
Awcky
 
Awcky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 38

awcky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I don't think there is a faster method for explosive kills, unless you get multiple kills with a Boomshot. It will still be messy in a KOTH setting.
yeah did it again got like 70 kills idk why i was doing 2 rounds though cant get skunker unless its full
__________________
AHHHHHH KEYYYYY (Awcky)
Awcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #1210
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
this cant be what they wanted. i rarely play online now, just boost because its quicker to get medals and playing online isnt always fun. im sure this will change in amonth (or two) once i finish the gametypes.



anyhow did ppl do more headshots yesterday with he bigger heads?

other than idle boosting game type, im going for headshots, sapper, and use meatshield and horde rounds (plus silverback upgrade), but i find I cant do more than an hour total of this.
I finished the Onyx headshot medal yesterday, and i think the Pumpkin actually made it worse.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #1211
ConVulzionZ
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 44

Pisto1 Shrimp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarkus View Post
Why is spotter only versus? Don't make sense

There are alot of Versus medals that should be in ALL modes

Get x kills with ? weapon - ALL MODES
Spot x enemies - ALL MODES
Get x executions / curb stomp - ALL MODES

I could go on all day. The fact is there are alot of people who don't even play versus mainly horde or single player so to make the onyx medals so much is rediculous.
getting weapon kills in horde would be too easy especially with mutators. they should at least allowed spotting and active reloads
__________________
ConVulzionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #1212
hamster3
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 133

hamster3 3's Gamercard
Its no easier then getting kills against casual bots in private. If anything getting kills in horde would be slower.
hamster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 AM   #1213
nappster187
 
nappster187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 915

Nappster187's Gamercard
Any1 having issues getting nemesis ribbon? I can't get any even if i kill my nemesis. I no there are lowering require., but I stil can't get any now
__________________




Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #1214
head0r Inc
 
head0r Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 755

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
You have to execute, not only kill
__________________




head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #1215
Rellnquish
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 98

RELLNGUISH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappster187 View Post
Any1 having issues getting nemesis ribbon? I can't get any even if i kill my nemesis. I no there are lowering require., but I stil can't get any now
Nemesis ribbon is for becoming someones nemesis... i.e. you kill them 5 times without them killing you, vengeful doesn't require ribbons.
__________________
Seriously 3.0 Progress: 73.38%
38/65 Onyx Medals
GT:RELLNGUISH
Level 100:06/11/11
Rellnquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #1216
nappster187
 
nappster187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 915

Nappster187's Gamercard
Oh I just re read it, I meant for vengeful, but you have to execute your nemesis, not just kill them.

Thanks
__________________




Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 AM   #1217
DriftingFable
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7

xXxS0RAxXx's Gamercard
Man, WARFARE wasn't kidding about rustlung.

I gotten 2000 gnasher kills on that map tonight, its probably the best map for shotguning as long as the Silverback stays put.

I should have this down by the end of the week.
DriftingFable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #1218
baddawg12
 
baddawg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 969

mossfan563's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingFable View Post
Man, WARFARE wasn't kidding about rustlung.

I gotten 2000 gnasher kills on that map tonight, its probably the best map for shotguning as long as the Silverback stays put.

I should have this down by the end of the week.
What are you talking about?
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #1219
iTz x Ch4o5
 
iTz x Ch4o5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 339

l C H A 0 S l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddawg12 View Post
What are you talking about?
I second that
__________________
iTz x Ch4o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #1220
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,317

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
awww yea, just got my wingman medal... that took forever
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #1221
iTz x Ch4o5
 
iTz x Ch4o5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 339

l C H A 0 S l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
awww yea, just got my wingman medal... that took forever
NO WAY!! You suck :P
__________________
iTz x Ch4o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #1222
baddawg12
 
baddawg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 969

mossfan563's Gamercard
I'm almost there. I got about 200 left.
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #1223
DriftingFable
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7

xXxS0RAxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz x Ch4o5 View Post
I second that
Way back on page 27 I was working on onyxing my gnasher. I still am, 2000 more kills to go. However, I was sick of looking at checkout. You can only stand that map for so many matches. A user named WAREFARE pointed out to me that the new DLC map Rust Lung is even smaller and tighter than Checkout and recommended me to wait for the DLC.

I got it and I've gotten more gnasher kills on that map than I ever did on checkout. Now I'm 2000 more kills left to onyxing Gnasher.

There, make sense?
DriftingFable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #1224
baddawg12
 
baddawg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 969

mossfan563's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingFable View Post
Way back on page 27 I was working on onyxing my gnasher. I still am, 2000 more kills to go. However, I was sick of looking at checkout. You can only stand that map for so many matches. A user named WAREFARE pointed out to me that the new DLC map Rust Lung is even smaller and tighter than Checkout and recommended me to wait for the DLC.

I got it and I've gotten more gnasher kills on that map than I ever did on checkout. Now I'm 2000 more kills left to onyxing Gnasher.

There, make sense?
Since we're 42 pages into the thread, it would be hard for us to look for what you were talking about before. Thanks for clearing it up! Now I definitely want the DLC Season pass!!
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #1225
Xavier0080
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 221

Xavier0080's Gamercard
Before I drop money on it, is this the controller people were saying which allows the stick turbos for LS and RS?

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

Thanks.
Xavier0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #1226
baddawg12
 
baddawg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 969

mossfan563's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier0080 View Post
Before I drop money on it, is this the controller people were saying which allows the stick turbos for LS and RS?

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

Thanks.
Yes. Unfortunately, the price went up from $30 to $35 today. Gonna wait for a price drop.
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #1227
Sickside85
 
Sickside85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 153

S1CKNATUR3's Gamercard
The silverback on RustLung counts towards map based weapon kills fyi, and you can get A LOT of kills in that thing during KOTH with bots
Sickside85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #1228
sanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 961

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickside85 View Post
The silverback on RustLung counts towards map based weapon kills fyi, and you can get A LOT of kills in that thing during KOTH with bots
Can we shoot rockets with the silverback and if so does it count as explosive kill?
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #1229
Sickside85
 
Sickside85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 153

S1CKNATUR3's Gamercard
^^ Don't know sorry, haven't unlocked rockets yet
Sickside85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #1230
head0r Inc
 
head0r Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 755

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
awww yea, just got my wingman medal... that took forever
You don't know how jealous I am about this .. I have 3 games played xDDD
__________________




head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 PM.