PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #1501
rouchdi

Rouchdi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
I'm looking to boost horde waves for Horder Onyx Medal was thinking maybe make a group of 5 people run through waves 1-4 and then restart from the beginning? I already have the challenge one and all the upgrades so if you want to do this we can do those as well for you.
i am down for that we can work on founder as well one of use will just give the 1st grand to the other while the other buys the free one add me on my other account DRAYAN99( dont worry i am not a little kid just like 99 lol ) send me a msg mate
rouchdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #1502
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
I'm looking to boost horde waves for Horder Onyx Medal was thinking maybe make a group of 5 people run through waves 1-4 and then restart from the beginning? I already have the challenge one and all the upgrades so if you want to do this we can do those as well for you.
Add me as well, I'll help with some Horde this week. I also need the medic one if anyone needs it. gt is: "just Roofus"

Just send a message when you are getting started. If I don't respond and it says I'm in a private game you know what's up. lol
Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #1503
Roofus

Has anyone teamed up for Guardian? How long did it take you?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #1504
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
im pretty sure i got 100 a game. me and a buddy got around 55 each or so each round
IronHeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #1505
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHeyd View Post
im pretty sure i got 100 a game. me and a buddy got around 55 each or so each round
How long were your games? Max capture time limit?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #1506
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
yea max time. with me and friend and we both had 2nd controllers. it was a while ago though so my numbers could be off but i know we did 50, and im pretty sure it wasnt a full rounds either cuz we just wanted to get 50. so you could probably get more then 50 for the max round time
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #1507
DR4G0N

IV DR4G0N VI's Gamercard
not looking forward to skunker and last man ribbons. I wish I had an extra xbox so I could system link and get skunker faster..!

DR4G0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #1508
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR4G0N View Post
not looking forward to skunker and last man ribbons. I wish I had an extra xbox so I could system link and get skunker faster..!
I think I have close to 1000 Skunkers simply through online play and doing Warzone standby at 2 rounds going after Last Man Standing ribbons. I think you have to be running at least 2 rounds, so I won't be getting anymore anytime soon as I'm now doing my stanby's at 1 round.

But originally when I was running 2 round standby matches in order to get Last Man Standing I got over 500.

These can also be done in combination with Leader medal in CTL, and could also be worked on with the Shock Trooper medal. You need 3000 First Blood ribbons for Shock Trooper. You only need 2500 Skunkers, so if you get about 500 Skunkers while going for Last Man Standing, you could work on Shock Trooper and get most of the rest.

You could do something like 2 round Warzone matches. You would get 1 Skunker and 2 First bloods for every match. So by the time you hit your 3000 First Bloods for Shock Trooper, you would have 1,500 more for Skunker for 2000 total, and you could get the remaining 500 while going after Leader or Sovereign in CTL.

Just be sure to try to stack as many medals as possible while doing all of this stuff. If you only go after one medal at a time it will be almost impossible. If you stack all these medals, then you're likely to be closing in on Seriously in the next 4-5 months depending on your personal obligations and schedule. Maybe even sooner. I know a couple of guys going hard core after Seriously are only about 20 medals away.

I feel like once you get done doing standby for all the game type medals then the rest will come a little easier because the others are more enjoyable and you get to play while your doing them instead of just letting the game play itself.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #1509
Roofus

Quote:
yea max time. with me and friend and we both had 2nd controllers. it was a while ago though so my numbers could be off but i know we did 50, and im pretty sure it wasnt a full rounds either cuz we just wanted to get 50. so you could probably get more then 50 for the max round time
How long did this take? Finding a second player to stick with you long enough over several nights to knock this out sounds like the most difficult thing.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #1510
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
i still only have 55 done, havent really played gears in a bit. but im trying to get back into it but finding it hard to.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #1511
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
Wingman Idle Boosting

Wingman is the last game type I need to get an Onyx medal. I want to idle boost it, of course. If I don't have 2 controllers (wireless in this case) and two charge and play cables, I shouldn't even bother with it, right? I guess it will take much longer than necessary because with just one controller my team bot will be around playing and possibly winning rounds instead of having two accounts just standing still so the other team kills us quicker. How did you guys do it?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #1512
Roofus

Quote:
i still only have 55 done, havent really played gears in a bit. but im trying to get back into it but finding it hard to.
See I'm just the opposite man. I've been spending my actual gaming time Platinuming Uncharted 3 or playing MW3 when my friends are on and just running standby matches while I sleep. And I can't wait to get back to working on Seriously in my gaming time after I get all these standby matches done.

In other news I found a $30 wired controller on Amazon, so I'm able to start working on Buttoned Up ribbons now while I standby. Should have my second match type to 3000 within a day or two.

Since I have an additional wired controller now, I plugged in the non turbo to second player to even the odds to see if I could win a few more games that way and it hasn't helped so far. No matter what the team my main profile is on sucks so bad and always gets slaughtered. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #1513
baddawg12

mossfan563's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4milo View Post
Wingman is the last game type I need to get an Onyx medal. I want to idle boost it, of course. If I don't have 2 controllers (wireless in this case) and two charge and play cables, I shouldn't even bother with it, right? I guess it will take much longer than necessary because with just one controller my team bot will be around playing and possibly winning rounds instead of having two accounts just standing still so the other team kills us quicker. How did you guys do it?
You can still idle boost with one controller. Just set the bots to fill. It'll take longer but you'll get some progress.
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:54 AM   #1514
T4TTEDUP

T4TTEDUP's Gamercard
If anyone would like to team up to help boost certain medals then add me please T4TTEDUP
T4TTEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #1515
baronvonewman

BaronVoNewman's Gamercard
Thanks

Awesome guide for the medals, thanks for the info, now to go boost!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #1516
Dragonwhisp3rer

Dragonwhisp3rer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4milo View Post
I have two controllers and I still only idleboost wingman with only one. It takes forever for the bots to find me when I do it with 2 controllers and 2 bots so I switched to one controller and fill on insane bots with 1 min rounds and no weapon spawns. It still takes a long time but it is faster, for me anyway.

Last edited by Dragonwhisp3rer; 11-23-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Dragonwhisp3rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #1517
FireLord1

OG Fire Lord 1's Gamercard
thank you guys
FireLord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #1518
Schaafy

schaafy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwhisp3rer View Post
I have two controllers and I still only idleboost wingman with only one. It takes forever for the bots to find me when I do it with 2 controllers and 2 bots so I switched to one controller and fill on insane bots with 1 min rounds and no weapon spawns. It still takes a long time but it is faster, for me anyway.
Ive done a lot of testing on this and i can say for a fact that 2 idle vs. 2 insane ai with weapons disable is overall faster than filling, when you fill it could take up to 3 times longer to do a match because its not always the same team winning the rounds. you can either work with 7 matches/hour or you can overnight boost with other people and have each person take a 2 hour shift or so, doing it that way will give you a MAX of 17 matches/hour.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #1519
Dragonwhisp3rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaafy View Post
Ive done a lot of testing on this and i can say for a fact that 2 idle vs. 2 insane ai with weapons disable is overall faster than filling, when you fill it could take up to 3 times longer to do a match because its not always the same team winning the rounds. you can either work with 7 matches/hour or you can overnight boost with other people and have each person take a 2 hour shift or so, doing it that way will give you a MAX of 17 matches/hour.
That was maybe best for you but my bots are way dumber when they play 2 vs 2. I've tested all possible ways for solo boosting and for me fill gave the best results.

I would have wanted someone to play with of course but my friend are playing other stuff. If I had someone to play with I could havfe gotten more skunks out of wingman I now have 1000 matches left on that and 1400 skunks till onyx, so it sucks

Last edited by Dragonwhisp3rer; 11-23-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #1520
MissGIRLKombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwhisp3rer View Post
That was maybe best for you but my bots are way dumber when they play 2 vs 2. I've tested all possible ways for solo boosting and for me fill gave the best results.

I would have wanted someone to play with of course but my friend are playing other stuff. If I had someone to play with I could havfe gotten more skunks out of wingman I now have 1000 matches left on that and 1400 skunks till onyx, so it sucks
Have you try setting all the weapons as Diggers?
MissGIRLKombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #1521
MissGIRLKombat

I'm currently idle boosting wing man with 2 xbox's and I notice I make way way more progress when I set all weapons as diggers.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #1522
Dragonwhisp3rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGIRLKombat View Post
Have you try setting all the weapons as Diggers?
Well I guess I haven't... Having 2 vs 2 or fill?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #1523
MissGIRLKombat

Set time limit 2
2 vs 2
Bleed out 60
Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #1524
Dragonwhisp3rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGIRLKombat View Post
Set time limit 2
2 vs 2
Bleed out 60
I've had that and they never found me even though I had a rubberband on one of my controller to go in circles...
Old 11-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #1525
Keizaron

Keizaron's Gamercard
I just recently finished idling Wingman. I had basic settings.

Two controllers, two humans against two insane bots, score obviously set to 10, all weapons were Boomshot, bleed out was five seconds. Biggest reason I went with a smaller bleed out was sometimes the bots full-on rushed and would down one of my idle characters with a rifle, but then sit there and not do anything. At least with a small bleed out time, the idle character would get back up, the bot would be like, "Oh, hey, s/he's still alive!" and take me down again.

Boomshot because bots are unfair with Boomshot.

Took me three damn weeks to finally finish idling Wingman.
Keizaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #1526
MYSTERY O

MYSTERY O's Gamercard
Keizaron, how many hours a day were you idling this? I roughly Idle 7 hours a day when I sleep.
MYSTERY O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #1527
Beeg Beef

Beeg Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizaron View Post
I just recently finished idling Wingman. I had basic settings.

Two controllers, two humans against two insane bots, score obviously set to 10, all weapons were Boomshot, bleed out was five seconds. Biggest reason I went with a smaller bleed out was sometimes the bots full-on rushed and would down one of my idle characters with a rifle, but then sit there and not do anything. At least with a small bleed out time, the idle character would get back up, the bot would be like, "Oh, hey, s/he's still alive!" and take me down again.

Boomshot because bots are unfair with Boomshot.

Took me three damn weeks to finally finish idling Wingman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTERY O View Post
Keizaron, how many hours a day were you idling this? I roughly Idle 7 hours a day when I sleep.
Also, both of you, how many matches are you averaging per hour? I'm doing the same thing except with no weapons and 2 minute rounds. Sometimes the bots are STUPID and just run around the map and it just infuriates me. I'm only averaging 6 or 7 matches per hour. Sometimes they'll finish in as fast as 4 minutes, but during the rounds where the bots are retarded, it takes 10 - 12 minutes.
Beeg Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #1528
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg Beef View Post
Also, both of you, how many matches are you averaging per hour? I'm doing the same thing except with no weapons and 2 minute rounds. Sometimes the bots are STUPID and just run around the map and it just infuriates me. I'm only averaging 6 or 7 matches per hour. Sometimes they'll finish in as fast as 4 minutes, but during the rounds where the bots are retarded, it takes 10 - 12 minutes.
Yea, the bots are retarded sometimes. I only average between 4-7 (normally 6 I think) an hour. I have boomshots, I tried no weapons and just found it going slower. I want to know how they did it also.
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #1529
Schaafy

schaafy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg Beef View Post
7 matches/hour is the high average for idling wingman, if you get 7 other people and all take a 1 to 2 hour shift overnight, you can get up 17 matches/hour, more than double the idling amount, with only an hour of play per night.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #1530
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
thanks to this guide I now have 64/65 Onyx Medals.

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote