PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #2101
gkiller713
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5

gkiller713's Gamercard
the seriously 3.0 seems really unachieveable but if you get together with friends all the time youll get a lot of onyx medals but it will take a long time
gkiller713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #2102
I R BFOG
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia GMT+11
Posts: 946

xBFOGx's Gamercard
I dont know if this has be suggested before but I just worked out a really quick way to idle execution matches but only if you DONT need Last Man Out ribbons for the Hard Target medal. I have 2 GT's on Locust and 3 insane bots on the Cog side. Fill with diggers and set it for 1 minute rounds with classic stalemates off. This way even if the bots dont find you before the timer runs out it will never stalemate since it is 2v3

I just got 256 games played in just 9.5hrs last night - thats 27 games per hour doesnt get much quicker than that
__________________
I R BFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #2103
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,005

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
I dont know if this has be suggested before but I just worked out a really quick way to idle execution matches but only if you DONT need Last Man Out ribbons for the Hard Target medal. I have 2 GT's on Locust and 3 insane bots on the Cog side. Fill with diggers and set it for 1 minute rounds with classic stalemates off. This way even if the bots dont find you before the timer runs out it will never stalemate since it is 2v3

I just got 256 games played in just 9.5hrs last night - thats 27 games per hour doesnt get much quicker than that
I'll be using this for KOTH. still need some last man outs.
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #2104
Spoony Bard
 
Spoony Bard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GMT -5:00
Posts: 447

spoonybard1984's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
I'll be using this for KOTH. still need some last man outs.
Find someone who needs First Blood and boost them together; put Friendly Fire and team kill your guys while your friend runs across the map to your spawn to kill you and end the round. Had friends do this and they were telling me the rounds last an average of 15-20 seconds, depending on map.
__________________
Extremely Serious
Spoony Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #2105
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
I'll be using this for KOTH. still need some last man outs.
Spoony is a genius. Send me a friend request on XBL and an approximate time and I'll go for First Bloods while you go for Last Man Out.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #2106
imSiCkNaZtYDJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to imSiCkNaZtYDJ

avenge dj's Gamercard
This is helping so much!
Thanx
imSiCkNaZtYDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #2107
I R BFOG
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia GMT+11
Posts: 946

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoony Bard View Post
Find someone who needs First Blood and boost them together; put Friendly Fire and team kill your guys while your friend runs across the map to your spawn to kill you and end the round. Had friends do this and they were telling me the rounds last an average of 15-20 seconds, depending on map.
Yeah thats a great method if you've got someone to help. I just simultaneously boosted Last Man Outs and First Bloods to onyx solo on Blood Drive in Warzone 15 rounds. I used 2 xboxs so had 3 AFKs on my team plus me and a bot VS 5 normal bots. Friendly fire on then kill your team run out and get a first blood and let the bots kill you. They should be just outside your spawn by the time you're done teamkilling so is pretty quick. Make sure to disable weapon pick ups so the bots aren't distracted

Just thought I'd share that for people who may not have someone else to do this with.
__________________
I R BFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #2108
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,005

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't think I'll boost last man outs while I can get them by idling.
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #2109
Ron Jeremy R6
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnhem, NL
Posts: 488

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
I don't think I'll boost last man outs while I can get them by idling.
exactly, 100 matches team deathmatch = 40-50 last man outs..
Ron Jeremy R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #2110
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,005

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
exactly, 100 matches team deathmatch = 40-50 last man outs..
very nice, will be doing this in execution as well. I'm also idling Leader and Sovereign with the leader glitch. 52 CTL matches = 18 for Sovereign and 11 for Leader
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.

Last edited by XoNiNjAlEoNoX; 02-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #2111
nakedLEE
 
nakedLEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 148

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Just finished my Hammerburst kills today.

I've got Pistol & Retro-Lancer kills left.

Anyone got any tips/suggestions for Retro? I figure I'm probably best just running around a small map like checkout...
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #2112
I R BFOG
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia GMT+11
Posts: 946

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
exactly, 100 matches team deathmatch = 40-50 last man outs..
Lol I was thinking since Id onyxed execution that I'd have to actually get the Last Man Outs myself. Totally forgot that you can get them in TDM lol. Meh at least I have them out of the way.
__________________
I R BFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #2113
FuzzyRabbidDogg
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 253

FuzzyRabbidDogg's Gamercard
What is the best settings to idle boost warzone and execution?
__________________
Seriously3.0 - Extremely Serious! 04.05.12
FuzzyRabbidDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #2114
Ron Jeremy R6
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnhem, NL
Posts: 488

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedLEE View Post
Just finished my Hammerburst kills today.

I've got Pistol & Retro-Lancer kills left.

Anyone got any tips/suggestions for Retro? I figure I'm probably best just running around a small map like checkout...
blood drive ftw
Ron Jeremy R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #2115
nakedLEE
 
nakedLEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 148

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
blood drive ftw
Cheers Ron!

Any particular reason you suggest Blood Drive or do you just prefer that map?

The reason I ask is because I tried Blood Drive & Checkout. TDM with 35 respawns & I usually end the rounds quicker & get slightly more kills on Checkout.
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #2116
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
I think it depends on if you set 2 rounds when idling. should net you about 1500 when done with warzone/execution
Okay. thanks, will keep this is mind when i go for execution and warzone onyx.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #2117
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,005

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni CEO View Post
Okay. thanks, will keep this is mind when i go for execution and warzone onyx.
It's definitely worth setting it to 2 rounds. had ~900 skunks when done with warzone so ~750-850 done just by idling. if you still need some after execution you could continue on CTL.
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #2118
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
It's definitely worth setting it to 2 rounds. had ~900 skunks when done with warzone so ~750-850 done just by idling. if you still need some after execution you could continue on CTL.
after im done with tdm, ill switch rounds over from 1 to 2.
whats the skunker ribbon called btw?
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #2119
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,005

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni CEO View Post
after im done with tdm, ill switch rounds over from 1 to 2.
whats the skunker ribbon called btw?
it's called 'Never had a chance'. also you make progress to hard target as well. got 1332 when done with warzone.
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #2120
AdHominem
 
AdHominem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 258
I did "Guardian" today with the checkout method (stand there with 1 bot and a dummy account and melee them).

I noticed that my second controller got "Finisher" Medal to silver, because everytime he picked the leader he got a finisher. Is this not a good method to boost the Finisher Medal?
__________________
.


Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #2121
BayBossTycoon
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 30
Looking to boost the skunker medal, message or friends request me. Thank you.
BayBossTycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #2122
Keizaron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 51

Keizaron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdHominem View Post
I did "Guardian" today with the checkout method (stand there with 1 bot and a dummy account and melee them).

I noticed that my second controller got "Finisher" Medal to silver, because everytime he picked the leader he got a finisher. Is this not a good method to boost the Finisher Medal?
Maybe if you're just focusing on Finisher. But keep in mind, there's the curb stomp medal that counts towards 3000 executions on its own, and there's also R/Lancer kills that you can get executions and respective weapon kills with. Singularly, it's fast, but long haul, I wouldn't.
Keizaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #2123
AdHominem
 
AdHominem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizaron View Post
Maybe if you're just focusing on Finisher. But keep in mind, there's the curb stomp medal that counts towards 3000 executions on its own, and there's also R/Lancer kills that you can get executions and respective weapon kills with. Singularly, it's fast, but long haul, I wouldn't.

Thats a good point. so maybe if i got everything else and need some Finisher, then its a good method to get them.

is it just me, or take shock trooper forever to get? right now im playing 1 round CTL and try to get my "Abducter" Onyx, and after 2 hours i only got 100... maybe if i set the round number higher, but then i cant get so much MVP Ribbons...
__________________
.


Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #2124
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Thursday at 6pm EST I'll be trying the Skunker boosting lobby again. We'll be doing CTL games, so people needing to top off the various medals for that gametype will be able to knock out at least 30 games per hour. Must be able to sign in a guest.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #2125
FuzzyRabbidDogg
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 253

FuzzyRabbidDogg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Thursday at 6pm EST I'll be trying the Skunker boosting lobby again. We'll be doing CTL games, so people needing to top off the various medals for that gametype will be able to knock out at least 30 games per hour. Must be able to sign in a guest.
This lobby entails what? Is this where each person has a shift?
__________________
Seriously3.0 - Extremely Serious! 04.05.12
FuzzyRabbidDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #2126
Spoony Bard
 
Spoony Bard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GMT -5:00
Posts: 447

spoonybard1984's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Thursday at 6pm EST I'll be trying the Skunker boosting lobby again. We'll be doing CTL games, so people needing to top off the various medals for that gametype will be able to knock out at least 30 games per hour. Must be able to sign in a guest.
I should definitely be able to make that. I'll message you on Live.
__________________
Extremely Serious
Spoony Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #2127
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyRabbidDogg View Post
This lobby entails what? Is this where each person has a shift?
Not necessarily. if you want to pop in and walk away to get real work done, that's fine by me. I also need to work on a bunch of CTL related medals since I (foolishly) 1v1 idle boosted it to onyx a while ago. I'll probably be playing the whole time.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #2128
yada17
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4

I Luv Chickens's Gamercard
Whats the best way to.get to be the leader in ctl? I tried the 2 controller trick but didnt get.to be the leader, all that happened was I got booted to the main menu.
yada17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #2129
Turbotuff
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 52

Turbotuff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Thursday at 6pm EST I'll be trying the Skunker boosting lobby again. We'll be doing CTL games, so people needing to top off the various medals for that gametype will be able to knock out at least 30 games per hour. Must be able to sign in a guest.
Hey man, please count me in. 6PM works great for me.
Turbotuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #2130
FuzzyRabbidDogg
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 253

FuzzyRabbidDogg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Not necessarily. if you want to pop in and walk away to get real work done, that's fine by me. I also need to work on a bunch of CTL related medals since I (foolishly) 1v1 idle boosted it to onyx a while ago. I'll probably be playing the whole time.
Sounds good mate. Count me in.
__________________
Seriously3.0 - Extremely Serious! 04.05.12
FuzzyRabbidDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 AM.