PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #2431
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOOose View Post
So this may be a stupid question but i just got my hands on a 2nd xbox. I was going to try to idle boost skunker with both boxes but every time a DLC map pops up on the playlist the game will automatically disconnect my 2nd xbox. Is there any way to get around this by like disabling DLC on playlists or something or do i just need to suck it up and buy a 2nd season pass?
Switch your accounts. The DLC/season pass is tied to the console you downloaded it on, that way your dummy can use it no problems. Then put your main gamertag on your new console and redownload the season pass again on that one.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #2432
robpears

Game Over Drunk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Football Manager Tournament 3rd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I (Game Over Drunk) would definitely be up for finding four other people with two controllers who would be up for setting up some skunker boosting sessions!

I mean ideally a couple of people on different continents so we could take it in turn playing and not playing. I think you could run through games pretty damn quickly.

Just by playing 2 rounds Execution 1 minute round duration with the Man up rule turned on and five real accounts on one team and the five split-screen accounts on the other team.

If anyone is interested send me a message on xbl or a PM on here or something.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #2433
Deathlorddanny

Send a message via AIM to Deathlorddanny Send a message via MSN to Deathlorddanny

Dannnnn The Man's Gamercard
Man i thought i might aswell go get some kills for my weapons for onyx medal and that is so god dam boring to do. I legit am on the second onyx medal for my gnasher. This is going to suck.

Also if anyone wants to boost rustlung hit me up.

Dannnnn_the_man

{Owning nubs in halo since halo 1}
l.l Play to win or get out l.l

Need partners to boost with in:

R6V2, HawX
Deathlorddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #2434
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
anyone up for horde wave boosting - msg me !
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #2435
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
On average how many TDM matches do you get per hour while idle boosting?

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #2436
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR x FUZiON View Post
On average how many TDM matches do you get per hour while idle boosting?
10 was my average. using one profile only - tried it with up to 4 profiles but it only lowered the average as there were less players actually doing the fighting. With 3 xboxs it may be a different story.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #2437
FaD3d M3MoRY

FaD3d M3MoRY's Gamercard
If anyone is doing skunker boosting invite me Gt FaD3d M3MoRY
FaD3d M3MoRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #2438
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
10 was my average. using one profile only - tried it with up to 4 profiles but it only lowered the average as there were less players actually doing the fighting. With 3 xboxs it may be a different story.
Wow, so not much faster than wingman? I thought the electricity draining was over....

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #2439
Omni CEO

o The Source o's Gamercard
So im onto the last stretch. 53 medals.

still having the weapon kills to go as well, but when i get there which will be the slowest to grind?

I want to start with the hardest/slowest first.

i figure it has to be HB/SO/Retro in that order.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #2440
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Wow, so not much faster than wingman? I thought the electricity draining was over....
Yeah it didn't matter what I did with 2 consoles it still came out at almost exactly 10 games per hour. To be honest it was my last afk medal so didn't really experiment that much and after knocking my brains out trying to get wingman beyond 8, tdm at 10 felt like it was in fast forward lol
Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #2441
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni CEO View Post
So im onto the last stretch. 53 medals.

still having the weapon kills to go as well, but when i get there which will be the slowest to grind?

I want to start with the hardest/slowest first.

i figure it has to be HB/SO/Retro in that order.
I figure the hammerburst or the SO is the worst. I did the retro on checkout and it didn't take to long. I was only using one console but if you have 5 dummys to kill none of the weapons are really that bad.

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 04-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #2442
Omni CEO

Quote:
I figure the hammerburst or the SO is the worst. I did the retro on checkout and it didn't take to long. I was only using one console but if you have 5 dummys to kill none of the weapons are really that bad.
Yeah im working with 3 consoles.
(one wireless 2 wired through system link which i didnt even think would work but it does)

So it's me vs 5 dummies, but I figured I'd still get the hardest out of the way first.

Guess ill start with the Hammerburst then after im done with pistols and curbstomp.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #2443
willowroxana

roxanaversteeg's Gamercard
insane on beast help.....

looking for people that want to get/help me with beast on insane without failing

send me a msg ore add me

i have nobady els if you already have a team i would like to yoin please.

hoop to hear from somebady soon that waht to get this onyx medel out of the way.
willowroxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #2444
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowroxana View Post
looking for people that want to get/help me with beast on insane without failing
Yeah, me too. Kicking myself for not doing this before. Beast is so much tougher now since the updates.
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #2445
AmazingBowler

AmazingBowler30's Gamercard
I'm sure this has been asked so I'm sorry but I'd like to know, do you have to be level 100 for the achievement to unlock or can you be in the middle of say, re-up 2? Thanks, appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #2446
SuperiorPosture

a calico cat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni CEO View Post
Yeah im working with 3 consoles.
(one wireless 2 wired through system link which i didnt even think would work but it does)

So it's me vs 5 dummies, but I figured I'd still get the hardest out of the way first.

Guess ill start with the Hammerburst then after im done with pistols and curbstomp.
Pistols is HORRIBLE. Especially if you double it up with captor and headshots. Hammerburst is probably a close second. I HIGHLY recommend finding someone who needs assists (like this cat) to Scorcher down 5 idles on Mercy, and you finish them off with the Hammerburst. 1 round of TDM takes about 4:15-4:30 that way.

Pyro is easiest, heavy weapons is really easy with the Mortar (1 round was EXACTLY 2:35 for me every time), and Heavy Weapons is also pretty straightforward. Sawed-off is 2nd easiest to the Gnasher as far as starting weapons go. Using the Mercy method, you kill all 5 idles in 2 shots, so you just ping-pong sides collecting ammo as you go through the center.

If you need First Blood... well... Use the Gridlock Mortar/Hammer of Dawn method on casual bots and THEN switch over to idle killing. Or, since I need assists, I can load up my 2 boxes as well for full idle teams so the bots don't cock up the spawns.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #2447
BlazinDragon

BlazinDrag0n's Gamercard
I can load up my 2 boxes as well for full idle teams so the bots don't cock up the spawns.[/QUOTE]

I would like to join a game like this so i can finish off curbstomps and other things.Got 4 days off work will be online alot,send message online.

GT;BlazinDrag0n
BlazinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #2448
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
I have 3 consoles so I do the 1 vs 5 for weapon kills. I only have the rifles left to do so was looking for a more mindless way of racking up the kills. I didn't want to run from spawn to spawn and shooting from a distance requires effort/thought. Plus the spawn protection gets in the way when they respawn in front of the guy you're trying to kill. So this is what I came up with:

Tape the left thumbstick on the AFK controllers so they move forward and right. Set the map to Mercy, TDM, with 35 Respawns. Weapon spawns to the weapon you're working on. Have the AFKs carry them as well except for the lancer to avoid chainsaw duels (you'll rarely use more than 600 lancer ammo).

On the odd numbered rounds run over and kill them quick and get them to spawn flip. All the action happens on the right side of the map. They'll walk and get stuck in the corner there.

For the lancer mow them down with the chainsaw. They'll respawn and walk back to you single file. Shoot them as they approach. Chainsaw any that make it to the stairs. You shouldn't run out of ammo but if you do it's just around the corner.

For the hammerburst they'll bunch up in the corner. Just mindlessly shoot them in the corner. Turbo on the fire button helps a lot with the hammerburst. Pick up their ammo when you run low.

I'm going to try the retro lancer tomorrow but I suspect it'll be somewhere between the lancer and hammerburst.

If the other controllers time out and go to sleep, power them on and press the A button once to get them moving again.

I'm getting 3:30-4:00 for the lancer and 4:30-5:00 for the hammerburst. This might not be the fastest way to do it but it seems to go by quicker which is why I like it. This is probably because you're constantly doing something and not waiting for the spawn protection to wear off.
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #2449
rich7t4

RichSeventy4's Gamercard
Insane Beast

I want to do a Beast match on Insane for that medal, need a full team of 5 (with mics preferably)... can't fail a wave.

Anyone else want it msg or add GT: RichSeventy4
rich7t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #2450
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernar View Post
I have 3 consoles so I do the 1 vs 5 for weapon kills. I only have the rifles left to do so was looking for a more mindless way of racking up the kills. I didn't want to run from spawn to spawn and shooting from a distance requires effort/thought. Plus the spawn protection gets in the way when they respawn in front of the guy you're trying to kill. So this is what I came up with:

Tape the left thumbstick on the AFK controllers so they move forward and right. Set the map to Mercy, TDM, with 35 Respawns. Weapon spawns to the weapon you're working on. Have the AFKs carry them as well except for the lancer to avoid chainsaw duels (you'll rarely use more than 600 lancer ammo).

On the odd numbered rounds run over and kill them quick and get them to spawn flip. All the action happens on the right side of the map. They'll walk and get stuck in the corner there.

For the lancer mow them down with the chainsaw. They'll respawn and walk back to you single file. Shoot them as they approach. Chainsaw any that make it to the stairs. You shouldn't run out of ammo but if you do it's just around the corner.

For the hammerburst they'll bunch up in the corner. Just mindlessly shoot them in the corner. Turbo on the fire button helps a lot with the hammerburst. Pick up their ammo when you run low.

I'm going to try the retro lancer tomorrow but I suspect it'll be somewhere between the lancer and hammerburst.

If the other controllers time out and go to sleep, power them on and press the A button once to get them moving again.

I'm getting 3:30-4:00 for the lancer and 4:30-5:00 for the hammerburst. This might not be the fastest way to do it but it seems to go by quicker which is why I like it. This is probably because you're constantly doing something and not waiting for the spawn protection to wear off.
What pad do you have to turbo the hammerburst? I have a hori pad ex 2 and it just doesn't fire the bullets rapidly.

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 04-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #2451
mark hbk

anyone got any tips for insane beast
mark hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #2452
Omni CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Pistols is HORRIBLE. Especially if you double it up with captor and headshots. Hammerburst is probably a close second. I HIGHLY recommend finding someone who needs assists (like this cat) to Scorcher down 5 idles on Mercy, and you finish them off with the Hammerburst. 1 round of TDM takes about 4:15-4:30 that way.

Pyro is easiest, heavy weapons is really easy with the Mortar (1 round was EXACTLY 2:35 for me every time), and Heavy Weapons is also pretty straightforward. Sawed-off is 2nd easiest to the Gnasher as far as starting weapons go. Using the Mercy method, you kill all 5 idles in 2 shots, so you just ping-pong sides collecting ammo as you go through the center.

If you need First Blood... well... Use the Gridlock Mortar/Hammer of Dawn method on casual bots and THEN switch over to idle killing. Or, since I need assists, I can load up my 2 boxes as well for full idle teams so the bots don't cock up the spawns.
Ah okay. Was just about to ask if scorcher down was still best for Hammerburst.
Dont think retro needs that and the lancer ill just chainsaw my way through it.

Im at 54 medals right now. I have pyro, heavy weapons, headshots, captor, and first blood already and i finished pistols yesterday.

was trying to decide if i should just do curbstomps first or start off with the weapons now. and im almost halfway done with assists. im at about 4400
Old 04-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2453
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
Quote:
What pad do you have to turbo the hammerburst? I have a hori pad ex 2 and it just doesn't fire the bullets rapidly.
So do I. I have it set to the slowest setting. It doesn't speed it up a lot but enough that it's noticable.
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #2454
jai92

jai92's Gamercard
Need help/advice Onyx Boosting! Can someone add me?

Hi guys.

Basically, I'm a complete noob when it comes to Onyx Boosting, therefore if one of the "experts" on here could add me on Xbox Live and help me get some done - whether that be just telling me some of the quickest "methods" or actively playing - I would be truly grateful!

I know a lot of people have multiple Xbox's etcetera, but I only have the 1 Xbox and 2 controllers (1 with Play & Charge Kit). I really want to get a lot of the harder medals i.e. Skunker done but need to join the boosting sessions in order to get them done!

Just need someone to talk me through the best ways of boosting the various medals and how I can combine the medals in my boosting sessions. I have watched the videos that Nikke posted but I'm sure there are better ways by now and the forums are set up so that it's really tedious and boring to scour through the backlog of this thread to read where all these methods originate!

If anyone can assist, please add me on Xbox Live & send a quick message: jai92

Add me for Skunker Onyx Medal Boosting!

Last edited by jai92; 04-08-2012 at 11:01 PM.
jai92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #2455
Darkprophet

IHwDI Pr0pheT's Gamercard
So, I just started trying to do a boost on the gametypes, 2 controllers (main account + Bot vs splitscreen), but, the bot, on any difficulty, will not leave spawn and go for the other guy. On Warzone, Wingman, and TDM, this causes the matches to stalemate over and over again. Execution seems to be the only one I can do this way, due to Man-Up rule. I could do all bots, but i'm trying to do Match Winner and Skunker too (which I suppose could come naturally over the 18,000 required matches).

To be honest, I really only want to boost Wingman and Warzone, since I actually play KotH, Guardian, Execution and TDM (Tho, I may be willing to boost half of TDM, since it's my least favorite gametype of the ones I actually play)

Any idea what i'm doing wrong, or did Epic patch this in to prevent idle boosting in private matches for skunks and match winner?
Darkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #2456
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkprophet View Post
So, I just started trying to do a boost on the gametypes, 2 controllers (main account + Bot vs splitscreen), but, the bot, on any difficulty, will not leave spawn and go for the other guy. On Warzone, Wingman, and TDM, this causes the matches to stalemate over and over again. Execution seems to be the only one I can do this way, due to Man-Up rule. I could do all bots, but i'm trying to do Match Winner and Skunker too (which I suppose could come naturally over the 18,000 required matches).

To be honest, I really only want to boost Wingman and Warzone, since I actually play KotH, Guardian, Execution and TDM (Tho, I may be willing to boost half of TDM, since it's my least favorite gametype of the ones I actually play)

Any idea what i'm doing wrong, or did Epic patch this in to prevent idle boosting in private matches for skunks and match winner?
I don't know what this is but I wouldn't be surprised Epic did something with a patch. I had the same problem when idle boosting with 3 consoles on system link. I had fives dummies on one team and my main account with four insane bots on the other, it turns out only 2 bots were effectively going for the dummies and the other two never left the spawn. Because of that TDM took more time than expected to onyx.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #2457
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkprophet View Post

It seems there have been quite a few changes within the Title Updates, but you're also overlooking a couple of fundamental issues. By definition, your Wingman is going to stick with you. So you and a bot doesn't work for idling. You'll need to have two bots teamed up and accept that when idling Wingman you will lose all the matches. Also you can only earn ribbons with a full session. And Skunker requires a ribbon. So you'll have to have bots to fill if you want Skunks. It sucks, but there you go. Skunks and Wingman come very slowly if you're idle boosting.

It pays to keep track of how many matches you get through and what setting you have, since a gain of even one or two extra matches per hour is well worth having when progress is only in single digits. But it's a slow crawl.

Good luck. And HTH.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #2458
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Quote:
Sawed-Off is terrible, if you 1v5 boost on mercy, line yourself up so you are facing the middle (think of the spawn pattern as a 5 on a dice) you have your SO like planted in his chest, and make it centered, you should be able to get a triple kill, then reload and take out the other two by lining yourself up behind the back person, and you should get a double. Two shots = 5 Kills
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #2459
Legendary801

That Nerd Pwns's Gamercard
So just to clarify, Can I not just leave my console on overnight boosting matches anymore? Or did the patch do something to block that now?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #2460
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary801 View Post
So just to clarify, Can I not just leave my console on overnight boosting matches anymore? Or did the patch do something to block that now?
Yes, you can, don't worry, just make sure your set-up is right. Don't bother with 1 min rounds, for example, you will just end up with endless stalemates. Unless you reset (clear cache) all the TUs, but then you can't play online. The best way to go, IMHO, is set up the session you intend to leave idling and actually watch the first match or two. That way you'll know for sure. Or at least be sure to compare stats before and after your idle boost to assess progress.