PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #2671
CreepyUncleMike

CreepyUncleMike's Gamercard
I would suggest an improvement to the video shown with headshot on getting captor, headshot, and pistols. My change is to swap controllers to the guest once he respawns. While the spawn protection is counting down, run the guest toward your main. By the time the countdown finishes, the guest should be rather close. Simply switch controllers back, spot and put 2 bullets in his head. I had one round where I ran the guest account out of respawns before it ended.
CreepyUncleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #2672
CreepyUncleMike

CreepyUncleMike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronsky View Post
Anyone think that Epic will ever reduce onyx medals again? Just wondering if that is a possibility because my friend was a huge Gears 2 fan and said that like two years after its release they did a twenty times exp event to draw some of the players back. Makes me wonder if a year from now or something they might try to draw some people back by reducing onyx medals or doing some kind of event where every ribbon or weapon kill is worth double or triple ribbons/weapon kills in order to cut down on grind time.

Only asking because I have gotten the majority of the onyx medals but I'm starting to feel burnt out on the whole thing. Right now I'm leaning torwards giving up and moving on but it would be a pretty big morale boost if Epic took it's head out its ass and helped us out with this achievement.
That sounds like work. I'm going to say no.
CreepyUncleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #2673
dr ratlehead

anybody have some advise on what the best way to idle boost skunker? i have been doing warzone with hardcore bots and all boomshots. I have one xbox ad two controllers. This is my last medal,any advise would be great
Call of Duty W@W 1500/1500 10th prestige
Call of Duty MW2 1000/1000 10th prestige
Call of Duty Classic 200/200
Call of Duty BO 1700/1700 15th prestige

Life = Zero
dr ratlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #2674
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr ratlehead View Post
anybody have some advise on what the best way to idle boost skunker? i have been doing warzone with hardcore bots and all boomshots. I have one xbox ad two controllers. This is my last medal,any advise would be great
That's exactly how I'm doing it. If I get time, I'll post some comparison stats with different match types.
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #2675
dr ratlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyMan View Post
That's exactly how I'm doing it. If I get time, I'll post some comparison stats with different match types.
Thanks 1500/2500 UGH
Call of Duty W@W 1500/1500 10th prestige
Call of Duty MW2 1000/1000 10th prestige
Call of Duty Classic 200/200
Call of Duty BO 1700/1700 15th prestige

Life = Zero
dr ratlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #2676
torturing you

Kiss The Ground's Gamercard
does anybody know any quick methods to idle boost skunker i have 2 controllers and 1 xbox any help would be appreciated
Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #2677
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
im lookign for a skunker partner/team to run through as many as possible. if any one wants to lend me an idol xbox that would work to lol
Old 09-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #2678
DR3AMxCATCHER

DREAMxCATCH3R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxy87 View Post
im lookign for a skunker partner/team to run through as many as possible. if any one wants to lend me an idol xbox that would work to lol
I'm willing to help anyone in anyway I possibly can. I only have 1 xbox with 2 contollers. However, I have 2 accounts that have XBL to use to our advantage.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2679
RoboJoe420

Send a message via AIM to RoboJoe420 Send a message via MSN to RoboJoe420

RoboJoe420's Gamercard
Im looking for group of people to beat horde on Insane. If interested send me a friend request or message.

RoboJoe420

Working on- Medal of Honor
RoboJoe420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #2680
S1ACKER

zS1ACK3Rz's Gamercard
Looking for ppl to boost SKUNKER

GT zS1ACK3Rz
S1ACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #2681
Tetris

Has anything changes since the early days. I got some sparetime and want to score some more medals in Gears 3. I m missing the Weaponsmedals and the Medals for the Games. Some others which will come along aren t the problem.
For the weapons I played some mercy or trashball (hordemode was not counting). For the games I was idleboosting with two controllers. Is this still the up to date?

thanks
Tetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #2682
MikeydCT

Send a message via Skype™ to MikeydCT

MikeydCT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is 2-7 still the best way to get force multiplier? yesterday the 1st time i got it to 10 after trying and trying but it didnt it went down to 9 by the end of the chap. ??? Im lost
MikeydCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #2683
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeydCT View Post
Is 2-7 still the best way to get force multiplier? yesterday the 1st time i got it to 10 after trying and trying but it didnt it went down to 9 by the end of the chap. ??? Im lost
Yes, it is. You need to activate some of this Gears 3 perks. Right now I don t know which ones you need.
Tetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #2684
Geoff66

I'd like to get the Onyx medal for beating Beast on Insane without failing if anybody is interested.

GT-Rum Geoff
Geoff66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #2685
Fester

How do I go back to a previous save? I do have a backup. (hopefully Im in the correct thread)

I'd like to time it out so I don't get a 30K onyx when I only need 3K xp to lvl 100.

EDIT: Undid the 30K onyx.

I must be one of the few that got reset on purpose. I made it so much harder than it had to be.

Last edited by Fester; 09-18-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: I'm back to G-30
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #2686
seth158

Seth26158's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff66 View Post
I'd like to get the Onyx medal for beating Beast on Insane without failing if anybody is interested.

GT-Rum Geoff

Im up for it if we can get 4 people in.

Im also up for insane horde to

100% retail

Cod 4, MW2, Lego harry potter 1-4

100% arcade

Harms way

100% WP7

Doodle God

Working on to 100%

MW3, Halo combat evolved, Gears of war 3
seth158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #2687
Typh0n90

Typh0n90's Gamercard
Looking for a group to do horde and beast on insane. I have all the helpful mutators for horde.
Typh0n90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #2688
Ahrxelc

Neon Chazzmosis's Gamercard
Finally have Wingman, TDM, Execution and CTL onyx with KOTH coming with Skunker. My only problem is Warzone. I have about 1000 give or take a few, just from playing online, but I don't want to play 2000 more. When I attempt to idle Warzone, I get more stalemates than anything else. Should I just increase the time limit and hope for the best? I thought TDM would take the longest but at this rate, Warzone may never be finished.
Ahrxelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #2689
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrxelc View Post
Finally have Wingman, TDM, Execution and CTL onyx with KOTH coming with Skunker. My only problem is Warzone. I have about 1000 give or take a few, just from playing online, but I don't want to play 2000 more. When I attempt to idle Warzone, I get more stalemates than anything else. Should I just increase the time limit and hope for the best? I thought TDM would take the longest but at this rate, Warzone may never be finished.
Yes, definitely increase the round time. With 1 min rounds you'll get loads of stalemates. At least 3 mins. Hardcore bots. Boomshots. Friendly fire on. Anything to make the games end quicker. I have my round times at 5 min. Obviously this is only a maximum to accommodate a longer game/bigger map and most matches will end way before the time elapses. I didn't find Warzone a problem with the right settings, but it's harder since the updates changed the rules somewhat.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #2690
Ahrxelc

Quote:
Yes, definitely increase the round time. With 1 min rounds you'll get loads of stalemates. At least 3 mins. Hardcore bots. Boomshots. Friendly fire on. Anything to make the games end quicker. I have my round times at 5 min. Obviously this is only a maximum to accommodate a longer game/bigger map and most matches will end way before the time elapses. I didn't find Warzone a problem with the right settings, but it's harder since the updates changed the rules somewhat.
Alright, I'm going to bump it up to 5 min since I was running 3 to begin with. Never thought to try boomshots for some reason, I can see them helping. Recommend 1 controller or 2? 1 will probably finish Hard Target quicker.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #2691
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrxelc View Post
Alright, I'm going to bump it up to 5 min since I was running 3 to begin with. Never thought to try boomshots for some reason, I can see them helping. Recommend 1 controller or 2? 1 will probably finish Hard Target quicker.
Yes, use a dummy controller since this balances out the odds by having an AFK on both teams so you are more likely to get wins. This will also help if you decide to go for Skunks.

Slightly counter-intuitive perhaps but the Hardcore bots do seem to be more objective focused and therefore a better option than Insane bots. I certainly found this in CTL. But back to Warzone.

The approach I use is as described. I didn't bother with deleting or moving the DLC maps. The only other difference is using a turbo controlller. I have a very cheap, basic wired turbo controller. I use this to mash the and go into cover.

So using this set up I've found I can efficiently farm the Cover medals, Last Man Out, Wins etc. as well as rack up the matches played.

Good luck, and if anything is still unclear let me know.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #2692
Seba3322

Sancrea's Gamercard
i'm looking for ppl to beat horde/beast on insane
Seba3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #2693
Ahrxelc

Quote:
Yes, use a dummy controller since this balances out the odds by having an AFK on both teams so you are more likely to get wins. This will also help if you decide to go for Skunks.

Slightly counter-intuitive perhaps but the Hardcore bots do seem to be more objective focused and therefore a better option than Insane bots. I certainly found this in CTL. But back to Warzone.

The approach I use is as described. I didn't bother with deleting or moving the DLC maps. The only other difference is using a turbo controlller. I have a very cheap, basic wired turbo controller. I use this to mash the and go into cover.

So using this set up I've found I can efficiently farm the Cover medals, Last Man Out, Wins etc. as well as rack up the matches played.

Good luck, and if anything is still unclear let me know.
Yes, hardcore bots ftw. Insane bots are more survival-oriented and tend to stay in cover. A lot. I think you helped me with my CTL dilemma a while back as well. Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #2694
CaptRedBeard4

CaptRedBeard4's Gamercard
I need help with the skunker medal if anyone can help. Ive heard that the best way is with 5 people with a second controller so if 5 people can help send me a message and a friend request.

GT: CaptRedBeard4
CaptRedBeard4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #2695
AEIOwnU

St4rZ x AEIOwnU's Gamercard
To those that were posting about insane beast, I'm down to help. I have another that'll do it as well and may have a 3rd person to help who has already completed it. Send me a message. Gt: St4rZ x AEIOwnU
AEIOwnU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #2696
DoomedChaosky

DoomedChaosky's Gamercard
can anybody tell me what are the updates from games, since i lefted the forums a long agoand i dont know if happened some updates in gamemodes, and the method you used to get Hammerburst, pistols, and heavy weapons onyxed ?
DoomedChaosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #2697
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedChaosky View Post
can anybody tell me what are the updates from games, since i lefted the forums a long agoand i dont know if happened some updates in gamemodes, and the method you used to get Hammerburst, pistols, and heavy weapons onyxed ?
I noticed another Title Update yesterday. I have no idea what that one did. I believe that Warzone can now only be won by eliminating the opposing team, so if you're idle boosting with short rounds you will get a lot of stalemates. Bummer. I'm also told that the medal requirement for Nemesis has been reduced substantially. Besides that, I'm not 100% sure. Some of the exploits for boosting have been removed (e.g. you cannot prestige the Onyx Field Engineer medal) altogether but I think the majority of recommended methods for boosting/grinding these medals still apply.

For weapon kills, I was using TDM on Mercy with maximum respawns. I think it's partly down to personal choice and what you find the least tedious. It is a grind, so nothing wrong with choosing a set-up you find enjoyable, or changing things around once in a while. Some people prefer using KOTH which makes sense but I've yet to try that method.

For pistol kills, I went with Nikke84's (aka NikkeSWE on YouTube) method to stack captor/pistol/headshot kills. Check out his video here: http://youtu.be/BHL8wjPji18

With the above method I also use the 2nd controller to plant a smoke grenade which my main account then shoots to farm the Sapper medal. I move closer to the captor while the countdown is on, which makes a kill with the pistol/headshot easier.

Hope that helps

Last edited by TheGreyMan; 10-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #2698
DeceptiveJunk

DeceptiveJunk's Gamercard
Found an easy way to boost guardian and get some finisher medals, only need people and an idle controller.

Set up CTL with the two active players on opposite teams and and the idle controller on the team of whichever player is boosting. Make sure the idle player is leader and have the other leader keep capturing him while the idle's teammate saves him. One plAyer will get credit towards the guardian medal and the other player will get credit towards execution because capping the leader counts as an execution. Throw in spots and active reloads if you need to. Fastest way I've found to boost guardian
DeceptiveJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #2699
MAJDI70

MAJDI70's Gamercard
Beast insane

Hi need people to do beast on insane. Gt: Majdi70

-Majdi70
-DeadBrock

Last edited by MAJDI70; 10-15-2012 at 09:51 AM.
MAJDI70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #2700
SmaGreBaz

SmaGreBaz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus 6 View Post
I joined this site just to be able to add to this incredibly helpful thread.

Maximizing Earning Points towards Onyx Medals: Part 1
Adding on to Easy Captor/Pistols/Headshots

<<< ... a lot of text here snipped... >>>

25 Headshots X 15 Rounds = 375 Headshots per Match
25 Pistol Kills X 15 Rounds = 375 Pistols per Match
25 Active Reloads X 15 Rounds = 375 Active Reloads per Match +
25 Spotters X 15 Rounds = 375 Spotters per Match
25 Captor X 15 Rounds = 375 Captors per Match
25 Special Teams X 15 Rounds = 375 Special Teams per Match
2 Finishers X 15 Rounds = 30 Finishers per Match
2 Sappers X 15 Rounds = 30 Sappers per Match

Plus you should also get for going the 15 Rounds:
1 Match Winner
1 TDM

Unfortunately, since a non-filled match doesn’t give out ribbons this misses out on getting at least 6 Covered per match.

Hopefully this helps a few people maximize their boosting.
What if I fill the game with bots and kill all the bots at the start of every round?
This should add Buttoned Up ribbon + kills with desired weapon.

Last edited by SmaGreBaz; 10-15-2012 at 01:34 PM.
SmaGreBaz is offline   Reply With Quote