PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Seriously 3 Advice...

Been idle boosting this for weeks, and managed to get Wingman done, and over 1500 towards Skunker, a lot of the Onyx I have left are straight forward, weapons, reloads etc, and I can do at leisure, but my question is would I benefit from any Onyx medals at all by having more than one console setup?

I see a lot of the weapon guides etc basically say play against easy bots by yourself as it makes it more fun than grinding against idles, but wondered is there any Onyx medals that would really be sped up by using 2 consoles / 2 games?

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 166
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #2
Bushee Brow

Bushee Brow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Been idle boosting this for weeks, and managed to get Wingman done, and over 1500 towards Skunker, a lot of the Onyx I have left are straight forward, weapons, reloads etc, and I can do at leisure, but my question is would I benefit from any Onyx medals at all by having more than one console setup?

I see a lot of the weapon guides etc basically say play against easy bots by yourself as it makes it more fun than grinding against idles, but wondered is there any Onyx medals that would really be sped up by using 2 consoles / 2 games?
You dont need two consoles to boost. Log in a second controller and kill that player with your main account, with various weapons, to get your kills towards Onyx medals.

Shooting at the same second controller over and over is boring but it gets the job done. Why play against easy bots? A second controller always stays still and usully respawns in the same place so you can kill him again with ease.
Gears Judgment - Seriously Judgmental, All achievements, All Ribbons - 100%
Bushee Brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #3
assassinjay1229

assassinjay1229's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushee Brow View Post
You dont need two consoles to boost. Log in a second controller and kill that player with your main account, with various weapons, to get your kills towards Onyx medals.

Shooting at the same second controller over and over is boring but it gets the job done. Why play against easy bots? A second controller always stays still and usully respawns in the same place so you can kill him again with ease.
With all due respect ,HELL NO! if you can get enough people to fill lobbies and kill their dummies the medals go fast, its preferable that you call in favors from people that already have 3.0 (for obvious reasons, helping 3 or more people with their medal is very time consuming.)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Bushee Brow

Bushee Brow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinjay1229 View Post
With all due respect ,HELL NO! if you can get enough people to fill lobbies and kill their dummies the medals go fast, its preferable that you call in favors from people that already have 3.0 (for obvious reasons, helping 3 or more people with their medal is very time consuming.)
The most importnt word you typed was "IF" and it has little chance of happening..

Serious 3.0 takes many thousands of kills with various weapons. I have many friends on line, my friends list is about maxed as I am sure most other gamers lists are, but I donít think I could get 3 of my friends to let me use their accounts as targets for the weeks or months it would take to earn the thousands of kills Seriously 3.0 calls for. There would be even less of a chance of it if the friends in question had to be on-line manning the controllers to help me.

I remember planting frags for a friend to shoot at. We did this for several rounds, I ran around planting and he did the shooting. It took us maybe an hour or so to Onyx his medal and believe me, an hour was more than enough for me to spend doing that. I could not see me spending several hours a night for weeks on end running around the board so he could use me as a target to boost kills for the various thousands of weapons kills he would need.

I donít mind helping a guy but there are limits.

Evo Kazz's original question was if more than one box would help speed up the process. You are going to have to man the second controller (move the target around a bit so you can see to kill him) for some types of boosting but there is no difference if the controller is your second controller or it is the controller that belongs to second account / a second box. Why spend the money on another box if you can just use / move a second controller on split screen?

Unlike Judgment, Gears 3 allows you to play split screen on line not that being on-line matters that much when boosting kills on 3. Anything you can do with a logged in friend, you can do on-line or off-line with another controller. Why call in a big marker from a friend when there is no need to?

Also, your second controller will not demand pee breaks or a case of beer in payment for his time even saying that he would agree to spending hundreds of hours boosting with you in the first place.

And that is just talking about one friend helping you boost. Your chances of getting 3 friends to do this hour after hour are Slim to None and Slim just left town.

I have spent many hours boosting with friends after I earned Seriously 3.0. Most of this time was spent on Hoard doing the 50 wave insane thing and the achievements that call for you to play as certain group of people or kill certain types of grubs. I am going to play hoard any way so why not play with friends or my friends, friends and earn them some medals at the same time?

Hoard is fun and you are going to play anyhow so why not lend a hand to a buddy. But standing around and being used as a target for hours/days/weeks on end is another thing entirely. Especially if you know he could do all this alone with second controller while you are sitting on your butt, outside in the sun, sipping gin and tonics.

I find that people that already have Seriously 3.0 are less inclined to spend many hours doing true boosting with friends. It is one thing to get a small crew of 3.0 people together to help someone get his last dozen ribbons. It is totaly something else to help him get his last 10,000 weapons kills.

I am reminded of when we had a crew of friends and randoms boosting for level 100 in Gears 2. At one time or another, we had 41 people involved in this boost. As people obtained level 100 they had a tendency to just disappear rather than stick around and keep boosting with those that had not yet reached that magical level.

41 people involved, know how many that stayed an extra week to help others boost?

Just 3 and even then they were a hit and miss thing.

It is fortunate that Evo Kazz does not need 3 or 4 friends who all ready have Seriously 3.0 to boost his account because chances are that he is not going to find that many.

You can do most of it alone, I did most of it all alone and there is very little need for a second box.

By the way, before I am flamed for stating on line that I did most of it alone, that is not a brag on my part. I just didnít want to tie up my friends for hours on end boosting something that I could do alone.

I am retired and my time means very little to me. My friendís time, on the other hand, is precious to me.
Gears Judgment - Seriously Judgmental, All achievements, All Ribbons - 100%

Last edited by Bushee Brow; 01-12-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Bushee Brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
Bohemian

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
^^ What he said, except that it's not "hoard" but horde. Anyway 2 xboxs isn't necessary, it's motivation you need extra of. I'm up to 50/65 onyx medals with over 26,000 kills to go and it's tough. Good luck to those still going for it.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
JOHAN23

IIIIX J XIIII's Gamercard
took me 1 year and 5 months to get the Seriously 3.0 achievement!
JOHAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
k3p666

k3p666's Gamercard
One of hardest or not but very long cheevo to complete especially after a stoopid freeze playing Horde and got a good Rank reset to level 1 , it screwd my life a bit guyz , lost 43 Onyxed medals and all unlocked stuff but i'm back right now with 34, i'm a G34R !!! ;]
One day i will get it for sure , 3 years now , and i will get it maybe in 1 more lol
Good Luck To y'all
Be patient ;]

GG G34Rz !!
k3p666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:34 AM   #8
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
takes lots of dedication. it's not hard, but you gotta be persistent.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #9
Currupt Monkee

Currupt Monkee's Gamercard
Skunker this ones a piss take when Im playing I set up 2 rounds execution bots to fill casual friendly fire on 2 controllers one on opposite teams ink grenade and smoke set to boomshot I load up old town use my second controller to grab boomshot kill teammates then suicide. After 2 rounds the first controller will get skunker then quit to main menu and reload old town again. does about 55 ribbons in 2 and a half hours.
Currupt Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #10
Currupt Monkee

Currupt Monkee's Gamercard
For Idle boosting I set Capture the leader 2 controllers on opposite teams 2 rounds bots to fill insane no friendly fire all pickups disabled this does about 50 ribbons in 10 hours so 2 consoles would really speed this up to about 150-200 in 10 hours as sometimes my splitscreen wins.
Currupt Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote