PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #301
Ganden

Ganden's Gamercard
the campaign story didn't do much for me, and i love the gears universe, oh and it includes a few plot holes which are stupid!

XBOX
LIVE: Ganden PSN: Ganden_ Twitter: @NeeloGreen
Ganden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #302
Teth Amon

Goauld Imotep's Gamercard
The game is now freezing on me at all the loading screens.

Its seems to be a huge issue with threads on the EPIC forum. I am surprised that I haven't seen more posts regarding this issue.

$150 wasted on the EPIC edition.

Last edited by Teth Amon; 09-29-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Teth Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #303
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pizza Boy View Post
Spoiler!!!!!

Carmine does not die BULLSHIT

They made a poll asking the players whether he should live or die. Well people voting for his life won and so he lives.

My avatar is wearing a Carmine must die shirt :/ Woulda liked to see him fall down the stairs and land on his massive neck.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #304
ScottMcKendrick

Not a fan of kill-stealers (even though you still get a decent amount of points) but that's my only flaw with the game really.

SMcK, x

ScottMcKendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #305
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
My main gripe besides the shitty cliché story is the medal for executing your nemesis a thousand times. If they really wanted to keep this in they should've reduced the number to get the medal. Such as:

Bronze - 1
Silver - 5
Gold - 15
Onyx - 30

That way the horrible players still have a chance to get a free medal and everyone else can boost it for a couple of hours. 75 for Bronze is way too much. There's no way someone is THAT bad.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #306
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
i think epic did a nice job with balancing...because i have heard complaints about every single weapon. hah
Pocketbike Racer | Uno | Golf: TIU | Doritos Game | Interpol | The Maw | Assault Heroes | Shadow Complex | P v Z

PSN ID: dh4645
dh4645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #307
benjamouth

the Woodmeister's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The one thing I find annoying is people spawning behind you, especially if you've just spawned yourself, but I don't know how I'd fix that without encouraging spawn camping.

The shotgun thing I've got used to now. Last night I was thinking how funny it was that people in the other team were sticking to a shotgun no matter what situation they were in (close combat or further away), when I realised I was doing exactly the same thing with the Lancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBadge View Post
What you people need to understand is that these guides are written by people not magic robots.

Last edited by benjamouth; 09-29-2011 at 01:57 PM.
benjamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #308
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamouth View Post
The one thing I find annoying is people spawning behind you, especially if you've just spawned yourself, but I don't know how I'd fix that without encouraging spawn camping.

yeah that is so annoying. not sure why epic cant figure that out. i see it the most on thrashball
Pocketbike Racer | Uno | Golf: TIU | Doritos Game | Interpol | The Maw | Assault Heroes | Shadow Complex | P v Z

Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #309
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Campaign
- A lot of unanswered questions to some pretty important things. They'll probably come along and be released as DLC but it's really dickish to do something like that. Especially when it's supposed to be "THE END."
- Final Boss Fight. It's not balanced. It's not fun.
- Pacing problems in Acts 1, 4 and 5

Matchmaking
- Still hard for a single person to get into a Beast Mode game, despite what Epic has said. It seems they haven't learned to fix the problem that plagued Gears 2 for much of its' life.
- Can't try and get an Insane Horde/Beast mode game in Matchmaking.

Multiplayer
- Spawning Issues. Spawning on top of and in front of your opponents is a big no-no. It wasn't like this in the beta.
- Map Cycling. I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of going to Checkout, then Trenches, back to Checkout, then Mercy, and then a new map known as Checkout. Increase the pattern size Epic, or make it cycle through completely.

Medals/Ribbons/Achievements
- Not everything can be earned in every Mode. Some things can, but not everything. It's really a question as to why that is, but it shouldn't be that way.
- Standards for Medals are too high. Seriously 3.0 is going to take forever for someone to get legitimately due to the absurd requirements for Nemesis Kills, Headshots, and Matches Played.

Unlockables
- Why do I have to unlock Executions? Especially when they were readily available to use in Gears 1/2? I can understand Epic wanting to get people to use every Weapon, but it's stupid to have such a requirement, especially for Weapons that shouldn't have Executions.
- I have to research in-game in order to find out what I need to unlock a Mutator and/or Character. It's extremely tedious.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #310
Fug the Pug

Fug the Pug's Gamercard
Queen god damn Myrrah on Insane. She's fucking impossible once you get hit with the retarded infinite spawn Palace Guards and Screachers.

Also, Motherfucking screachers. Who makes an enemy that is strong, hard to hit, impossible to melee, can buzz by your cover and dive bombs (an instant kill on Insane) you one you kill it? What the hell?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #311
Sickside85

S1CKNATUR3's Gamercard
Correct me if i'm wrong, but in GoW 2 horde, if you hadn't completed a certain wave up to 50 wasn't it unhighlighted? wish they'd left it that way, in gow 3 you could have got to 50 in multiple sessions and forget where you left off, miss one wave and you'll never know which one you missed
Sickside85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #312
iTz x Ch4o5

l C H A 0 S l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
Campaign
- A lot of unanswered questions to some pretty important things. They'll probably come along and be released as DLC but it's really dickish to do something like that. Especially when it's supposed to be "THE END."
- Final Boss Fight. It's not balanced. It's not fun.
- Pacing problems in Acts 1, 4 and 5

Matchmaking
- Still hard for a single person to get into a Beast Mode game, despite what Epic has said. It seems they haven't learned to fix the problem that plagued Gears 2 for much of its' life.
- Can't try and get an Insane Horde/Beast mode game in Matchmaking.

Multiplayer
- Spawning Issues. Spawning on top of and in front of your opponents is a big no-no. It wasn't like this in the beta.
- Map Cycling. I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of going to Checkout, then Trenches, back to Checkout, then Mercy, and then a new map known as Checkout. Increase the pattern size Epic, or make it cycle through completely.

Medals/Ribbons/Achievements
- Not everything can be earned in every Mode. Some things can, but not everything. It's really a question as to why that is, but it shouldn't be that way.
- Standards for Medals are too high. Seriously 3.0 is going to take forever for someone to get legitimately due to the absurd requirements for Nemesis Kills, Headshots, and Matches Played.

Unlockables
- Why do I have to unlock Executions? Especially when they were readily available to use in Gears 1/2? I can understand Epic wanting to get people to use every Weapon, but it's stupid to have such a requirement, especially for Weapons that shouldn't have Executions.
- I have to research in-game in order to find out what I need to unlock a Mutator and/or Character. It's extremely tedious.
Couldn't agree more =D
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #313
Tygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theas Wings View Post

LOL I think that was me
I chainsawed the shit out of 4 people in under 20 seconds in a row.. look baby.. no bullets You f@ckers just kept coming

Hey.. nothings free in Waterworld

I do however like that EPIC has made Seriously 3.0 more prestige to get. But I still think all the kills and whatnot should be able to get in campagne and horde too. I still think Seriously should be only kills and leveles dow.
It wasn't you if that's your gamertag.
Tygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #314
denial9945

denial9945's Gamercard
The only problem I have had so far is the AI in the campaign on insane. Would randomly stop in front of me or block me in a corner and no way out which usually lead to my death.
denial9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #315
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
My bitch, people bitching about people bitching.. especially in the "bitching thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
1. So i see you play solo?!? Ok, let me tell you a story: I play the game yesterday on easy, solo and get every execution and the achivement. No problem. I simply follow a guide for the rare weapons and done.

2. I think you try to collect everything in you first playthrough?! Why? I mean, just play the game and collect everything in the second and let the AI do the dirty work. You must play a second time to get the insane achivement...

3. Kill stealing is nothing new. It´s the MP. Like you firing at one guy in BF or CoD and another one steal your kill. You get most of the points for assists in this game and you can do everything in private matches...i see no problem there...

One good example for bitching about nothing. Don´t take it personal.
So I go to this thread to "bitch" about some silly little things... isn't that what this thread is for? Then I get a response bitching about my bitching. Ok well now I am going to bitch about people bitching about other people bitching about nothing... if you don't want to hear bitching, don't go to the "bitching thread".

Plus, I noticed your other posts further down after this one I quoted above and I noticed that you don't know what the heck you are talking about with the executions... they can NOT all be done in the campaign. And why can't I play the game any way I feel like, getting collectibles/executions at any stage I so choose (when possible).

Don't bitch if you don't know what you are talking about... BITCH. Don't take this personally... bitch.

BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #316
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkX View Post
So I go to this thread to "bitch" about some silly little things... isn't that what this thread is for? Then I get a response bitching about my bitching. Ok well now I am going to bitch about people bitching about other people bitching about nothing... if you don't want to hear bitching, don't go to the "bitching thread".

Plus, I noticed your other posts further down after this one I quoted above and I noticed that you don't know what the heck you are talking about with the executions... they can NOT all be done in the campaign. And why can't I play the game any way I feel like, getting collectibles/executions at any stage I so choose (when possible).

Don't bitch if you don't know what you are talking about... BITCH. Don't take this personally... bitch.
If you take a look in the Dead Island forum, in the bitching thread for that game, you'll find a few posts from him where he is doing the same thing. He's always having a go at people that do not agree with certain things about a game he likes.

His view on things is this; He's right and whatever we say is false.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #317
iNT3NTiiONz

iNT3NTiiONz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
My main gripe besides the shitty cliché story is the medal for executing your nemesis a thousand times. If they really wanted to keep this in they should've reduced the number to get the medal. Such as:

Bronze - 1
Silver - 5
Gold - 15
Onyx - 30

That way the horrible players still have a chance to get a free medal and everyone else can boost it for a couple of hours. 75 for Bronze is way too much. There's no way someone is THAT bad.
I thought I was the only one with this problem, every time I look at this medal I just think "Forget seriously 3.0". Is there even a way to gain this with bots (I see myself getting killed on purpose just for this)
Old 09-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #318
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkX View Post
the executions... they can NOT all be done in the campaign.
Really? I thought they could. You can do the executions whether or not you already unlocked them. Which ones aren't gettable in the campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNT3NTiiONz View Post
I thought I was the only one with this problem, every time I look at this medal I just think "Forget seriously 3.0". Is there even a way to gain this with bots (I see myself getting killed on purpose just for this)
I think the biggest problem with this is that you have to be killed by the SAME person/bot. That's going to be tough because bots are idiots and some down you then walk away while another just walks up and stomps your head.

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #319
Eighty 0ne

Eighty 0ne's Gamercard
I am sick and fucking tired of seeing:

The connection to the host failed. You cannot join the game in session.

When trying to get a group of my friends together to play a game. Fucking bullshit and I am about to blow a fucking gasket. I have been at this for almost an hour.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it?
Eighty 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #320
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
Really? I thought they could. You can do the executions whether or not you already unlocked them. Which ones aren't gettable in the campaign?
u can do them all in campaign. i did and got the achievement a few nights ago while i was going around getting the rest of my collectibles.

Last edited by dh4645; 09-29-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #321
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty 0ne View Post
I am sick and fucking tired of seeing:

The connection to the host failed. You cannot join the game in session.

When trying to get a group of my friends together to play a game. Fucking bullshit and I am about to blow a fucking gasket. I have been at this for almost an hour.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it?

You're not alone in this. Sometimes the connection is finicky. I couldn't join my friend who seriously lives 2 blocks away from me. It goes away after a few hours but I get tired of it if I see my friends together and I'm the one that can't join. Resetting your router/modem and turning the xbox on and off didn't help.

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #322
Celick

Send a message via ICQ to Celick

Celick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh4645 View Post
u can do them all in campaign. i did and got the achievement a few nights ago while i was going around getting the rest of my collectibles.
You can get all of them but ONE in campaign...The Locust arm rip execution MUST be done in a multiplayer match because you CANNOT be a lucust during the campaign.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #323
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celick View Post
You can get all of them but ONE in campaign...The Locust arm rip execution MUST be done in a multiplayer match because you CANNOT be a lucust during the campaign.
ha, oh yeah, i musta done that one in MP, but forgot.
duh

Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #324
vvv Synergy

vvv Synergy's Gamercard
FUCK FUCK FUCKKIDY FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!

i feel alot better now
Man Utd Fan

vvv Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #325
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv Synergy View Post
FUCK FUCK FUCKKIDY FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!

i feel alot better now
cool, glad we could help

Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 AM   #326
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Pussy @ss f@ggots shooting saw-offs from more than 10 meters and blasting me the same... wtf...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #327
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm growing tired of all these bots snatching pick-up weapons away the second they spawn.

Stay the fuck away from that stuff and do what you do best, die!
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #328
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Also the retro lancer is beyond overpowered at close to medium range. See this:

Old 09-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #329
locoloco

xXxLocoLocoxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
Also the retro lancer is beyond overpowered at close to medium range. See this:
Lancer vs Retro Lancer vs HammerBurst Damage Comparison - YouTube

That's hilarious.
locoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #330
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoloco View Post
That's hilarious.
Hilarious or depressing, i'm undecided :|