PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #331
dfeeney13

R0NBURGUNDY13's Gamercard
cut scenes

My dear god what possessed epic to put cut scenes every 2 minutes on the campaign. I love story don't get me wrong but everytime I got into a fight and some action, just when things were kicking off and I was running out of ammo bing! cut scene, I open a door bing! cut scene, I move forward 100 yards bing! cut scene. why so many? I'm really not sure if I can bare a insane playthrough not for difficulty but just for having to watch all those cut scenes again will drive me insane
dfeeney13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #332
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfeeney13 View Post
My dear god what possessed epic to put cut scenes every 2 minutes on the campaign. I love story don't get me wrong but everytime I got into a fight and some action, just when things were kicking off and I was running out of ammo bing! cut scene, I open a door bing! cut scene, I move forward 100 yards bing! cut scene. why so many? I'm really not sure if I can bare a insane playthrough not for difficulty but just for having to watch all those cut scenes again will drive me insane

just hit select...it skips them

and they are choppy as hell, not sure why since the actual gameplay looks beautiful
Pocketbike Racer | Uno | Golf: TIU | Doritos Game | Interpol | The Maw | Assault Heroes | Shadow Complex | P v Z

PSN ID: dh4645
dh4645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #333
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celick View Post
You can get all of them but ONE in campaign...The Locust arm rip execution MUST be done in a multiplayer match because you CANNOT be a lucust during the campaign.
Beat me to the punch... but thanks!

To confirm... for everyone... you CANNOT get all of the executions during the campaign. Like this post states, the "Locust Arm Rip" execution must be done in Beast or MP. To reiterate, you cannot play a Locust during the campaign.

Buuuuttt, unlike in Arcade Campaign and Multiplayer, during the Standard Campaign you can pull off ANY of the other executions (COG related) without having to unlock them first (in MP/Arcade I believe you have to get a set amount of kills before you will unlock that weapon's execution).

BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #334
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Besides the games, there are also 5 books (4 out and 1 on the way)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
Campaign
- A lot of unanswered questions to some pretty important things. They'll probably come along and be released as DLC but it's really dickish to do something like that. Especially when it's supposed to be "THE END."
I know what you are saying here. I just played Halo 3 for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my buddy (and it was my first Halo game ever). I was definitely scratching my head a bunch at different times, thinking, "I have no idea what the heck is going on". Thing is that I knew going in that it would be that way because I hadn't played the other games. So I went online to learn about the history and timeline of Halo... boy was there a slew of information. I did not realize how detailed it actually was as many people had said to me that the Halo gameplay was awesome, but the campaign story was lacking.

So my point here is that people need to keep in mind that the main success of the Gears of Wars games is the GAMEPLAY. If you are that interested in the story line though, I would HIGHLY suggest that you read the corresponding books.

Gears timeline:
1 - Gears of War 1 VIDEO GAME
2 - Gears of War: Aspho Fields BOOK (detailing time between the 1st and 2nd game, plus events that happened way before the first game)
3 - Gears of War 2 VIDEO GAME
4 - Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant BOOK (picking up right after the end of the 2nd game)
5 - Gears of War: Anvil Gate BOOK (continuing after "Jacinto's Remnant")
6 - Gears of War: Coalition's End BOOK (continuing after "Anvil Gate" and taking us right up to when they all leave Vectes Island on the aircraft carrier Sovereign, which is where we find our boys and girls right at the beginning of the 3rd game)
7 - Gears of War 3 VIDEO GAME (meaning there was 3 books and over 1000 pages (!) written to cover the 2 year period between the 2nd and 3rd game)
8 - Gears of War: The Slab BOOK (not yet out, but apparently is going to deal with the time period during which Marcus was jailed... where we find him at the VERY, VERY, VERY beginning of the first game... and more about Prescott, Hoffman and Adam Fenix)

So, to clarify my point, most of my questions (key being "my") have now been answered after reading the 4 books and playing the 3 games (and the few remaining questions I have I believe will be answered in the final book).

I highly suggest that if you loved the games and their story, and you like to read, then go to your local library and see if you can get a copy of the books because I truly enjoyed them.

You will definitely come to further love some of the other characters that you only briefly see throughout the games (especially Samantha Byrne, Bernie Mataki, Victor Hoffman and Carlos Santiago [Dom's brother who you never see in the games... Marcus' best friend from childhood).

Last edited by BrinkX; 09-30-2011 at 04:16 PM.
BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #335
kpwhatitbe

kunalpatel_12@yahoo.com's Gamercard
Got killed by one when he was dead already
kpwhatitbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #336
DrOxycontin420

Dro5150's Gamercard
i dont understand the bitching about the stubby shotty, if it wasnt in the game everyone who uses it now would just use the gnasher thats the same cheap tactics invloved.

the reality is some people cant handle the shoot from your hip one shot kills the shotguns offer up close.

personally i love the multiplayer.
DrOxycontin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #337
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOxycontin420 View Post
i dont understand the bitching about the stubby shotty, if it wasnt in the game everyone who uses it now would just use the gnasher thats the same cheap tactics invloved.

the reality is some people cant handle the shoot from your hip one shot kills the shotguns offer up close.

personally i love the multiplayer.
agree
me too
Pocketbike Racer | Uno | Golf: TIU | Doritos Game | Interpol | The Maw | Assault Heroes | Shadow Complex | P v Z

Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #338
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry but can't resist, i don't own a Playstation and im really struggling to see a Select button on my xbox 360 controller. Maybe the one with the RB on it? I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh4645 View Post
just hit select...it skips them

and they are choppy as hell, not sure why since the actual gameplay looks beautiful
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #339
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
I'm currently level 30, half-way to 31, yet my lobby still shows me at level 29, anyone else have this happen? or know of a solution?

Edit : Played a few rounds of horde and it reset properly.

Last edited by Simlaurel; 09-30-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Status update
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #340
idleblue

idleblue's Gamercard
was playing this morning and everything was fine. left for a few hours and when i came back all my progress has been reset. i am still at level 31 but all my progress is gone. i beat arcade on insane and now everything is locked and all my collectables are gone. i have had it with xbox. when my gold runs out my xbox is getting sold. until then i refuse to spend 1 cent on anything. and i'm ditching my pc for an apple. microsoft can suck it.
idleblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #341
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
Sorry but can't resist, i don't own a Playstation and im really struggling to see a Select button on my xbox 360 controller. Maybe the one with the RB on it? I'm confused
ha my bad
i meant the back button

Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #342
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
there has got to be something they can do to speed up finding a game for beast ugh
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #343
Joaquin7

Joaquin7's Gamercard
I hate the Sawed Off Shotgun!! It should be called "Noob On" instead!!!
Joaquin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #344
oO CurrY Oo

oO CurrY Oo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
Also the retro lancer is beyond overpowered at close to medium range. See this:
Lancer vs Retro Lancer vs HammerBurst Damage Comparison - YouTube
Isnt that the whole point of the Retro? That its really good up close but terrible from a distance. And also the guy in the video was compensating for the recoil I think.
oO CurrY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #345
Okhura

yotsubaxd's Gamercard
The fact its the first Gears of War game I have played online and everyone keeps complaining if I mess up. I'm still not quite used to it!
Okhura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #346
D4RTH G4TOR

Send a message via AIM to D4RTH G4TOR

ConfusedMuscles's Gamercard
Shitty Spawns. Play a lot of KOTH, opposing team always seems to spawn five feet from the capture point. Broken hit registration. I can shoot a charging retro charger in the face, hear my shot go off, see blood come out of the enemy and I still get speared, so annoying. Sometimes the sawed off has a larger range than the gnasher, so stupid. Most people are absolute pussies in this game. This isn't COD. On a brighter note, horde and beast mode are awesome and the story was great.

GT: ConfusedMuscles

65 completed games
D4RTH G4TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #347
Alchemist5

Alchemist55's Gamercard
Not a good game

After playing this game a week, I have come to the conclusion I just do not like it. The campaign was boring as hell except the death cut-scene, that was the only thing done well.

Versus, the gnasher is finally fixed but you put in a gun that allows complete noobs to get easy kills.

Horde is all about stacking points which destroys what made horde good in Gears 2, just killing the enemy purely and any way you can.

Beast was fun in the beginning, but get repetitive easily. Plus you only get to use such a select few locust, why is there no Grinder?

Once Skyrim and Revelations come out the only time I will put this in my xbox is to get events for the achievement.
Alchemist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #348
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I like most of this game, but holy shit, Beast mode sucks.

First off, it's completely impossible to play alone. In Versus you can play as bots, in Horde you can use mutators, but in Beast mode, you're fucked alone as you get no bots, no mutators, and it's pretty much impossible to beat even the first wave on casual unless you get really lucky with the butcher.

Of course, finding people to play with takes forever. It spends so much time searching for other players. Epic really needs to fix this ASAP. I swear, the time it takes to find the match is about half the time you get to spend playing. You're searching for 5-7 minutes for players, and then it only takes 14-15 minutes to actually finish the game mode. Why only 12 waves, with most of them being so simple? I think it'd be better if they either added in a few more waves so we could play a little longer, or just cut out the piss easy waves and just let us play the tougher ones because at least those are somewhat fun and work the long search time. Then after that, it splits up your group automatically, so you have to search again. Why can't we just keep playing with the same 4 people over and over? They need to fix that too.

Such a waste. Hopefully they'll give Beast a lot of attention in the title updates and make it something worth playing in the future, but for now I'm only putting up with it for Wretch kills so I can get the Instagib mutator. After that, I'm done until it gets some updates.

Oh, and while I'm blowing some steam, why did they ruin the Trenches map with that stupid sand? It's a nicely laid out map, but I hate playing on it because of the random "SAND YOU CAN'T SEE LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!" bullshit. That didn't happen in the trenches section of the campaign, so why does the map based on that part of the campaign have that shit in it? I really hope they take that out so the map can become enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
Also the retro lancer is beyond overpowered at close to medium range. See this:
Lancer vs Retro Lancer vs HammerBurst Damage Comparison - YouTube
What's this? A close range weapon is better at close range than a medium and long range weapon are? Next you'll be complaining that the Longshot is overpowered at long range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 10-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #349
aufiboi

Cyrus Cane's Gamercard
Lambent Zerk, 4-Player-Coop, no Mutators, on Insane .. just ridiculous !! The end boss was a cakewalk compared to it.
aufiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #350
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist5 View Post
The campaign was boring as hell except the death cut-scene, that was the only thing done well.
Yes, the Campaign was definitely lacking. It never seemed to be very exciting.

I say this because I found 2 much more exciting. I enjoyed the ambiguity surrounding the New Hope Facility and the Sires. Also, I liked the radio message at the end of 2, it seemed to compound on the desperate state the characters seemed to reach once Jacinto had sunk.

Then, Gears 3 starts, and the atmosphere just seems dull and less intense compared to the previous titles. I found Act 3 (for obvious reasons) and part of Act 4 (the "Ash" city) to be some of the only evocative moments of the game.

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #351
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
I think the game is absolutely fine in almost every way. The campaign is great, how can you say it's boring? Every step you take it seems there's some sort of action going on, and it's all very very hectic. A step up from the previous two games for sure.

Horde mode is a lot better and a lot more enjoyable then it ever was in Gears 2. More strategy then just lay down boomshields and pick them up at the start of each wave so they don't reset.

Beast Mode is great if you can find a game. It starts off kind of meh but once you can play as a Boomer, Armored Kantus or a Berserker, it gets very very fun. Of course the whole mode is great anyway.

Of course this is the bitching thread right? So do I have a bitch, yes?

First off is the Sawed-Off. People can defend it all they want but it's in the game purely for people who aren't good to get easy kills. You don't have to aim directly at someone, you don't even have to be facing them completely (you can be at an angle) and it's effective outside of melee range which contradicts what it says in the game that's it's not effective outside of melee range. It's lame.

But my second bitch? The fucking spawn points. I swear Epic had better patch this shit because it wasn't in Gears 2 that I remember. How is it my team can spawn on one side of the map, the other team on the other side, but then when someone on the other team dies they respawn on MY side of the map and then they can just sneak up on me and kill me?

I've played matches where I'm in cover somewhere near my team's side of the map waiting for something to shoot. All of a sudden the last 3 people on the other team who died suddenly spawn where my team was and it's like "LOL HEY LOOK EASY TARGET!"

Even more annoying when I spawn somewhere a few seconds after someone on the other team does. I mean seriously Epic? You spawn a Locust AND a COG right next to each other almost? Urgh.

Okay I'm done.

CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #352
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
I don't have a lot of complaints bout this game, I like the story in campaign, i like the sawn off, a few annoying things here and there but the waiting time on MP to respawn is ridiculous!!!!!

When I die it says 14 seconds to respawn, so I'm checking out what the otheres on me team are doing, one of them dies and respawns immediately, I still got 7 seconds left another dies and respawns the same time as me. Seriously? WTF?!?!?!? Am I the only person this is happening to? The quickest I have respawned is 11 seconds aside from when I first got this game when I respawned in a few seconds. Seriosuly, WTF?!?!?!?!
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #353
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
I like most of this game, but holy shit, Beast mode sucks.

First off, it's completely impossible to play alone. In Versus you can play as bots, in Horde you can use mutators, but in Beast mode, you're fucked alone as you get no bots, no mutators, and it's pretty much impossible to beat even the first wave on casual unless you get really lucky with the butcher.

Of course, finding people to play with takes forever. It spends so much time searching for other players. Epic really needs to fix this ASAP. I swear, the time it takes to find the match is about half the time you get to spend playing. You're searching for 5-7 minutes for players, and then it only takes 14-15 minutes to actually finish the game mode. Why only 12 waves, with most of them being so simple? I think it'd be better if they either added in a few more waves so we could play a little longer, or just cut out the piss easy waves and just let us play the tougher ones because at least those are somewhat fun and work the long search time. Then after that, it splits up your group automatically, so you have to search again. Why can't we just keep playing with the same 4 people over and over? They need to fix that too.

Such a waste. Hopefully they'll give Beast a lot of attention in the title updates and make it something worth playing in the future, but for now I'm only putting up with it for Wretch kills so I can get the Instagib mutator. After that, I'm done until it gets some updates.

Oh, and while I'm blowing some steam, why did they ruin the Trenches map with that stupid sand? It's a nicely laid out map, but I hate playing on it because of the random "SAND YOU CAN'T SEE LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!" bullshit. That didn't happen in the trenches section of the campaign, so why does the map based on that part of the campaign have that shit in it? I really hope they take that out so the map can become enjoyable.

What's this? A close range weapon is better at close range than a medium and long range weapon are? Next you'll be complaining that the Longshot is overpowered at long range.
Well your obviously not very good then cause I have beat beast mode numerous times on casual and even insane once.

EDIT: And I have never used the butcher

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 10-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #354
ash356

Flamin X demon's Gamercard
Capture the leader.
Our team has 3 real players and a bot, their team has 3 real players and 2 bots... Thumbs up for 4V5 fairness!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #355
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
insane.. such a pain in the ass but i'm finally done with it!

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #356
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Waiting time for a beast game is absolutely stupid long...

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #357
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD

the nomad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Still waiting on my broken game to be fixed by Epic . All other bitching is irrelevant.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #358
TimespliTT

splittmark's Gamercard
this guy retro lancered my teammate

i unloaded everything i had into his chest.

he lived and rolled away
TimespliTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #359
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A KangarooPouch View Post
i die and i dashboard
I love that you actually came to this thread :P
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #360
Newfie Big Mack

Newfie Big Mack's Gamercard
I quite enjoy this game. Some of my favorite parts include:teammates throwing smoke grenades, blocking my view so that an enemy can retro charge in and kill me; teammates pushing me out of cover so I can get killed; when I shoot your character in the face with the gnasher and nothing happens and you in turn cut me in half; the glitchy boss level to finish the game; the sawed off(everyone's favorite gun) that keeps downing or killing me from a distance; still surprised that ranked matches are taking forever. Other than that there's not much to bitch about. I feel bad for my friend who went through Arcade on insane and didn't get the onyx medal.
Newfie Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote