PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #61
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
i hate when i'm playing campaign and i get downed, but for some reason the bots just forget i'm around and leave me to die.

other than that i have no complains. liking the MP a lot better than on Gears2. maybe i'll even go for that seriously 3.0, just maybe.

Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #62
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The player's hair in campaign, looks like a helmet. Namely Anya and Sam.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #63
Bcleal

QcK Dagger HeaT's Gamercard
Seriously 3.0 R u fucking serious............Have u read some of it complete all 50 waves of horde mode on Insane O_o 6k kills with all ur starting weapons......its just crazy lol

Born March 2010
10k-June 29 2010
20k-Oct. 28th 2010
30k-Feb. 2 2011
40k-Mar. 24 2011
50K-June 18,2011
Gamerscore Completion: (85.02%)
Bcleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #64
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz View Post
Glitches/Bugs are my only complaint to the game but then its just out.

I was playing online got to lvl 3 and my game frooze during a match and it reset my multiplayer stuff i was back to lvl 1 with none of my unlocks and medals.

And a weird one was I spawned with no weapons in hand my 2 weapons where on my back so all I could do is dodge!

A friend of me got this problem two times in the campaign. I see him with a weapon in his hand, but he didnīt. He just jump into death.

No other glitches till now...
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #65
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
With regards to seriously 3.0 the point is to achieve something great. I know a lot of people who play semi-casually are pissed it will probably mess with thier 1000+ (eventually) But what is the point of achievements if not to show off your accomplishments? If it was easy and everyone could do it it wouldn't technically be considered an "achievement" by defenition.

And I say the same thing "Friggin Sawed-Off" when I get killed by it, but it really isn't THAT bad. 1 shot, retarded reload, if you are playing a team based game, you were just the unlucky one, and your buddy still standing next to you has an easy kill.

As for complaints, not too much really. Had a friend spawn in a laser fence in horde mode and couldn't move til he got downed (3 rounds till they actually went after him) So far that is really the only glitch I have seen. A bit of "host/lag isssues in MP where a guy will slide into cover and be over the wall and shooting you before you even see them vault, they lag a tad right before thier vault and are suddenly standing right next to you. Seen that a few times, but nothing major and I have never really liked gears multiplayer I am enjoying this one.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #66
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Not much to complain about except maybe end of Act 3 ^^. So far I'm enjoying the multiplayer (as opposed to gears 1+2).

I haven't had many problems with the A.I. in the Story Mode. Actually i have a complaint: The Story is too damn easy even on Hardcore... Haven't started Insane yet, maybe thats a challenge...
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #67
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
My only complaint like usual are the non story related achievements. The list for this game is going to be so tedious. Just like the first two games, ill probably just get all the story achievements then never try to achievement whore again.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #68
Akatsuki Sw1tch

Akatsuki Sw1tch's Gamercard
Amazing game, Too much focus on the dire MP though unlike gears 2
Old 09-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #69
SamSpade26

SamSpade26's Gamercard
glitchy campaign
SamSpade26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #70
tuxedodave

Send a message via ICQ to tuxedodave

tuxedodave's Gamercard
Ok so here's the story: I reserve the game like over 6 months and I waited n waited and the game just happens to release on the day I have work. I work the zombie shift 7pm-7am, so I couldn't go to the midnight release and I just picked up the game in the morning after work but slept all day after that since I have work again. Oh well I get a chance to play all day after work the next morning since I got just one night off.....WRONG! I come home to find out my power went out....WTF bad luck!

tuxedodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #71
Fuzz83

Fuzz83's Gamercard
bitching because of my skill, lol --> people with sawed off are destroying me, i havent figured out how to defend against it yet

Arcade 100%: UNO, Dash of Destruction, Worms

Working on: Gears of War 3
Fuzz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #72
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz83 View Post
bitching because of my skill, lol --> people with sawed off are destroying me, i havent figured out how to defend against it yet
Seems the best way to defend against it is if you see the guy coming is take out your Retro Lancer and down them quick before they can get within range. The Lancer + Hammerburst don't seem to be strong enough to do this without an active.
Then again that's not even a typical counter because half the time the sawed-off players are sneaking up behind you like the bitches they are.

Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #73
oIRoNiXStaRo

o ironixstar o's Gamercard
the only complaint I have about the game is the stupid skins. We just dropped $60+ to get the game. The skins should be unlocked through progression of the game not more money out of your wallet
oIRoNiXStaRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #74
BOMB SQUIRREL

why can you not revive ur co op players on insane whats up gears how the hell can this s**** happen
BOMB SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #75
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMB SQUIRREL View Post
why can you not revive ur co op players on insane whats up gears how the hell can this s**** happen
Well uhm, because it's insane difficulty... maybe ?

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #76
BOMB SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrushn View Post
Well uhm, because it's insane difficulty... maybe ?
on gears 2 you could revive ur team mate thats why dont be a smart a**
BOMB SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #77
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMB SQUIRREL View Post
on gears 2 you could revive ur team mate thats why dont be a smart a**

This isn't Gears 2 and I think a lot of threads were titles this INSANE IS A JOKE so epic was like ok sure we got u next time.

New bitching added Welcome to the Big Leagues.... I played Gears 1 and supposedly if you had played either of the previous 2 it was supposed to unlock. I also reached level 20 from 17 just now in casual matches and the cheevo didn't pop. IDK what to do. 0 points yes, but 95% complete when it is all said and done sucks ESPECIALLY when it is such a trivial achievement.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #78
donlowc06

Spartan Medic's Gamercard
Is it the case for everyone that you have to beat the campaign once before you can unlock insane? You would think if you beat Gears 1 and 2 on insane it should be available for you from the start.
donlowc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #79
Theas Wings

Theas Wings's Gamercard
EVERY games need a bitching tread including this one.
I have something to bitch about thats better then sawed off.

I got the new Gears 3 limited edition console and the first time I had the powerup Gears 3 sound and after that it just went away, it doesnt make a sound when starting the console yet. Anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it? I still have the Gears sound for opening and closing the tray, but no startup console sound. I would gladly wish it was the other way around

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"If you want to stick on a game for a long time and then be infinitely proud of its completion,
go for Star Ocean. If you want to play the best JRPG of the x360, go for Tales Of Vesperia"
Starlight126
Theas Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #80
Fuzz83

Fuzz83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee! View Post
Seems the best way to defend against it is if you see the guy coming is take out your Retro Lancer and down them quick before they can get within range. The Lancer + Hammerburst don't seem to be strong enough to do this without an active.
Then again that's not even a typical counter because half the time the sawed-off players are sneaking up behind you like the bitches they are.
thanks i will try that

Arcade 100%: UNO, Dash of Destruction, Worms

Working on: Gears of War 3
Fuzz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #81
ChuckPalahniuk
Banned User

Nobody revives any team mates!!!!!!!! They dont even attempt to!!
ChuckPalahniuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #82
chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
i'm so happy, i already have 2.8 kd =D
the gears 3 gnasher is a master piece, it's actually possible to pull off a headshot and it has consistancey killing distance is the same every time =) it's so much harder to blindfire it tho, may need to turn sensitivity down a bit. now, on topic: the sawed-off is still a fucking ass pain! yet epic thought 'definitive lights would solve all the problems. no, recognition was never the problem, gratz epic u fixed fuck all on that gun! i think the retro lancer has increased recoil and decreased power now, as well as the hipfire recoil being turned up a load. never get close to someone with a lancer, ur ass will be chainsawed unless ur incredibley lucky. i must say tho, the sawed-off numbers have gone down significantly, but i still hate that fucking noob tool.

oh, i noticed that they took the headshot sound out of headshots! wtf epic! seriously, i can't hear that lovely pop anymore when ever i dome shot somebody in versus now. it's fine in campaign, beast and horde but it's not in versus =(((

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Last edited by chainsawsquirrel; 09-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #83
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anybody else Put off a little bit by the Voice Acting?

I've only played Act 1, but Much of the Voice Acting seemed Very. . . Forced. I just wasn't feeling it.

I think the Characters are portrayed in the Books Much, MUCH Better. I like the Story in the Books Better. They Kill off Michealson within the First 20 minutes of the Game? Seriously? What the FUCK! And Prescott just Walks in like nothing's Changed, and then BAM this happens:

"Marcus derp, Its your Dad herp derp". . . Really Anya? I hate the Way they Portray Anya Especially so far. They make her look like a Dumb Blonde, when she's Actually Very Intelligent.

But Like I said, I'm only through Act 1, so Hopefully these things improve.

Last edited by ZingZitang; 09-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #84
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGotenW View Post
The player's hair in campaign, looks like a helmet. Namely Anya and Sam.
I agree. They hair on the women are a joke. Looks stupid. The graphics are not the good compared to the other games released this year. Bulletstorm is much better. I thought this was to be state of the art. Not.

The graphics in the beta were much better than the released edition.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #85
sparda500

sparda500's Gamercard
Not sure if this has been added yet but the A.I are complete and utter F****** idiots they leave you until an enemy is next to you then pick you up so you instantly get downed again. this happens far to often I would rather die and start at a check point than constantly get downed. also the sawed off shotgun, i can shoot people point blank in the face and they are fine i get shot in the face and i die completely unbalanced.
sparda500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #86
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
According to TA, two people already have Seriously 3.0. Wut?!

http://www.trueachievements.com/achi...ementid=153475

Last edited by m4milo; 09-21-2011 at 07:55 PM.
m4milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #87
chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegFourMercy View Post
I agree. They hair on the women are a joke. Looks stupid. The graphics are not the good compared to the other games released this year. Bulletstorm is much better. I thought this was to be state of the art. Not.

The graphics in the beta were much better than the released edition.
i hate to admit it, but the graphics really arn't as good in the cut scenes for gears 3 as they are in gears 2. anya, sams and bernies hair all look like one solid object. but in gameplay it all looks so much better. it maybe that they couldn't fit it all on the disc because i know epic can do better than this.

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #88
Theas Wings

Theas Wings's Gamercard
lolz this thread will be 10 pages + in under a month from now

"If you want to stick on a game for a long time and then be infinitely proud of its completion,
go for Star Ocean. If you want to play the best JRPG of the x360, go for Tales Of Vesperia"
Starlight126
Theas Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #89
shd

shd 2k's Gamercard
No beta tester medal, myrrah on insane is retarded. halp
shd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #90
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4milo View Post
According to TA, two people already have Seriously 3.0. Wut?!

http://www.trueachievements.com/achi...ementid=153475
in one day? impossible! if you looked through IncensedPanic82 gaming history, you see that he got both Seriously 2.0 and 3.0 yesterday and he started playing both games yesterday.

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote