PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #1141
Robert999220

Robert999220's Gamercard
Raging about the damn war supporter achievement/medal....

I stopped playing gears a while back, just recently picked up all the DLC now i decided i want to aim for seriously 3.0, only to discover that I am pretty much shafted when it comes to events... I have no clue which ones i do and do not have, and there is NO way to tell.... so for the next however many months i have to have a religious schedule of checking whether or not there is a new event out because god forbid i accidentally miss one...

Is there ANY hope in hell of them fixing this mess? or heck, when gears of war judgement comes out, are they just going to go all out like they did with gears 2 and crank up the XP boosts (and hopefully the events)?

At the VERY least, PLEASE give us an actual calendar of events or a way to see which events we have already done....

Last edited by Robert999220; 07-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Robert999220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #1142
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
This thread is the reason I created an account on the forums here;
I had an account on the EPIC forums before as well, but I got banned.
I basically said EPIC was doing a lazy job with the Events, I made a post with over 4 paragraphs of issues with the "War Supporter" medal and I wanted to simply have some answers on how this was going to be fixed and IF it was going to be fixed. I also said that EPIC uses Gears Judgement as an excuse to not update Gears 3 anymore (yeah, they already have our money from all DLC's and consoles and controllers and weapon skins so after 8 months they abandon their loyal fans) so when I logged in the next day it said; Cannot log in. Reason; TROLLING (?!?!?!). Date ban will be lifted; never. I GOT PERM BANNED BECAUSE I SAID EPIC IS LAZY ON THE EVENT STUFF!

So now I just found these forums and I saw that I can say whatever I want without getting banned, so this site is like a gift from heaven. For that I want to say: THANK YOU.

Alright, that was a little off topic but now on topic; my issues with Gears 3 (mainly MP)

1; Getting killed with in incen. grenade while avoiding it. Picture this; I jump aside and while I'm in mid-air the grenade hits the ground next to me and kills me, while the flames wouldn't even have hit me if I finished my jump. I hate it when this happens.
2; The same issue while trying to avoid a Boomshot shot, although this might also be because of the ridiculously large blast-radius so I'm not going in on this more.
3; The afore-mentioned trouble with "War Supporter" and the related achievement "Socialite". This issue has been discussed a lot already so I'm not going in on this more. Although this is indeed the most annoying one among the issues.
4; Bots. My god I fkn hate them. one second they'll blind fire headshot you while running and you're jumping, the other second they'll stare at the ground swinging a smoke grenade with no intention of throwing it. They take weapons of the ground and never use them, and they're almost always faster then the players because of the slight lag at the beginning of matches.
5; NO GUARDIAN IN PRIVATE EVEN THOUGH WE WERE PROMISED GUARDIAN ON PRIVATE.
6; RIDICULOUS achievements (and I'm not even pointing at S 3.0 in particular here..), I love hard achievements but as soon as I need to get 5 people together for some achievements I wonder if they're just trying to piss us off.. I mean; You need 5 Onyx Guards and defeat a Boss Wave in Horde on Hardcore difficulty, and this MUST be boosted because you can't choose difficulty in normal Horde. "Ive got this" is just beyond ridiculous, I cannot understand who came up with it. It would be okay if we could do it in private but in normal playing? Impossible. Even in bot games this is close to impossible, normally people join in by the time you get to play a FoN map, and even if they don't it's still impossible because no matter how much bots suck, they do very good at getting objectives (killing/capturing leaders, capturing hills, etc) and even if they don't kill you, the bots on your team will kill the enemy leader before you even get out of spawn..
7; GETTING RESET, this issue has been in the game since Gears 2 and one would think it would be fixed by now, but of course it isn't, we're talking about EPIC here.
8; Unfair matchmaking. When I play against 3 other people and another guy joins, I assume he would go in my team. But he doesn't..
9; Don't even get me started on some of the medals. I hate Wingman, I hate Retro and I hate SoS. Also, 2500 Skunkers?? REALLY?!
10; RETRO. 'nuff said.
11; Horde. I love the game mode itself, it's just everything that surrounds it that sucks... I constantly get in teams where half the members quite before we even start the first wave, every time a Silverback is build all those idiots use it as a tank..
12; NOT GETTING REVIVED even though there's a team mate right next to you and there's no enemy in sight (this goes for both Horde and Versus MP). I go out of my way to revive a team mate, and when a teammate gets downed at the same time as how downs his enemy, I revive him and let him have the kill. People screw me over many times for only 10 points and a precious point towards their K/D Ratio...
13; Underaged kids that keep on sending me hate mail no matter if I kill them or they kill me... What the fk is up with that?
14; Over-priced weapon skins. I understand that we have a choice to buy them, but what about the weapon skin "Crimson Omen Lancer"??? All the other Crimson Omen skins are related to achievements, and the Lancer one needs to be bought. only for 80 points, BUT STILL... Maybe we could unlock it after completing all 50 waves of Horde or something?

And now the only complaint with the Campaign itself: Start at point A. Kills a few locust and get to point B. Cutscene hits in. Do the same thing all over again.
And also the crazy story itself; it took me 3 playthroughs to understand the whole fuel thing... SPOILER!!! (dunno if it's still needed, but just in case) "need fuel, get fuel, fuel not there, fuel over there, dom dies, need fuel from an overrated Stranded douchebag, drive submarine and rescue marcus father"... Or something like that...

Don't get me wrong though; I love Gears of War A LOT and have completed 1 and 3 on insane and soon gonna start to complete Gears 2 on INSANE. I've just started to read the books and so far like it a lot. It's mostly the Gears 3 MP I have issues with (mainly the players itself though) and EPIC's laziness and neglect.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #1143
Kno Logik

I hate how they don't have nearly as many events as GOW 2 did.
Kno Logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #1144
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post

Alright, that was a little off topic but now on topic; my issues with Gears 3 (mainly MP)

1; Getting killed with in incen. grenade while avoiding it. Picture this; I jump aside and while I'm in mid-air the grenade hits the ground next to me and kills me, while the flames wouldn't even have hit me if I finished my jump. I hate it when this happens.
2; The same issue while trying to avoid a Boomshot shot, although this might also be because of the ridiculously large blast-radius so I'm not going in on this more.

11; Horde. I love the game mode itself, it's just everything that surrounds it that sucks... I constantly get in teams where half the members quite before we even start the first wave, every time a Silverback is build all those idiots use it as a tank..
12; NOT GETTING REVIVED even though there's a team mate right next to you and there's no enemy in sight (this goes for both Horde and Versus MP). I go out of my way to revive a team mate, and when a teammate gets downed at the same time as how downs his enemy, I revive him and let him have the kill. People screw me over many times for only 10 points and a precious point towards their K/D Ratio...
13; Underaged kids that keep on sending me hate mail no matter if I kill them or they kill me... What the fk is up with that?
Problems 1. and 2. are most likely due to lag. When we get burned mid-evasion our moves didn't reach the guy who threw the grenade and thus it's a kill by them. If it wasn't like this the problem would be like in older gears where we boom players but they survive it. I think it's much more fair this way.

Issues 11-13 are problems with players and have nothing to do with Epic.

Still, yeah there are some stupid moves Epic did with the gamedesign of this title. Achievements suck a lot of the time. :/
Eddy FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #1145
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
I just bought the Season Pass.

DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #1146
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
I hate the last part where you fight the queen and keep getting killed and having 10 guards killing me at the same time. I did this in coop 4 player for two hours and I already keep getting butchered after the queen starts getting on the tower.

Why should Insane be guards along with fighting and Casual, no guards?
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #1147
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
This thread is the reason I created an account on the forums here;
I had an account on the EPIC forums before as well, but I got banned.
I basically said EPIC was doing a lazy job with the Events, I made a post with over 4 paragraphs of issues with the "War Supporter" medal and I wanted to simply have some answers on how this was going to be fixed and IF it was going to be fixed. I also said that EPIC uses Gears Judgement as an excuse to not update Gears 3 anymore (yeah, they already have our money from all DLC's and consoles and controllers and weapon skins so after 8 months they abandon their loyal fans) so when I logged in the next day it said; Cannot log in. Reason; TROLLING (?!?!?!). Date ban will be lifted; never. I GOT PERM BANNED BECAUSE I SAID EPIC IS LAZY ON THE EVENT STUFF!

So now I just found these forums and I saw that I can say whatever I want without getting banned, so this site is like a gift from heaven. For that I want to say: THANK YOU.

3; The afore-mentioned trouble with "War Supporter" and the related achievement "Socialite". This issue has been discussed a lot already so I'm not going in on this more. Although this is indeed the most annoying one among the issues.
4; Bots. My god I fkn hate them. one second they'll blind fire headshot you while running and you're jumping, the other second they'll stare at the ground swinging a smoke grenade with no intention of throwing it. They take weapons of the ground and never use them, and they're almost always faster then the players because of the slight lag at the beginning of matches.
5; NO GUARDIAN IN PRIVATE EVEN THOUGH WE WERE PROMISED GUARDIAN ON PRIVATE.
6; RIDICULOUS achievements (and I'm not even pointing at S 3.0 in particular here..), I love hard achievements but as soon as I need to get 5 people together for some achievements I wonder if they're just trying to piss us off.. I mean; You need 5 Onyx Guards and defeat a Boss Wave in Horde on Hardcore difficulty, and this MUST be boosted because you can't choose difficulty in normal Horde. "Ive got this" is just beyond ridiculous, I cannot understand who came up with it. It would be okay if we could do it in private but in normal playing? Impossible. Even in bot games this is close to impossible, normally people join in by the time you get to play a FoN map, and even if they don't it's still impossible because no matter how much bots suck, they do very good at getting objectives (killing/capturing leaders, capturing hills, etc) and even if they don't kill you, the bots on your team will kill the enemy leader before you even get out of spawn..
7; GETTING RESET, this issue has been in the game since Gears 2 and one would think it would be fixed by now, but of course it isn't, we're talking about EPIC here.
8; Unfair matchmaking. When I play against 3 other people and another guy joins, I assume he would go in my team. But he doesn't..
9; Don't even get me started on some of the medals. I hate Wingman, I hate Retro and I hate SoS. Also, 2500 Skunkers?? REALLY?!
10; RETRO. 'nuff said.
14; Over-priced weapon skins. I understand that we have a choice to buy them, but what about the weapon skin "Crimson Omen Lancer"??? All the other Crimson Omen skins are related to achievements, and the Lancer one needs to be bought. only for 80 points, BUT STILL... Maybe we could unlock it after completing all 50 waves of Horde or something?

And now the only complaint with the Campaign itself: Start at point A. Kills a few locust and get to point B. Cutscene hits in. Do the same thing all over again.
And also the crazy story itself; it took me 3 playthroughs to understand the whole fuel thing... SPOILER!!! (dunno if it's still needed, but just in case) "need fuel, get fuel, fuel not there, fuel over there, dom dies, need fuel from an overrated Stranded douchebag, drive submarine and rescue marcus father"... Or something like that...

Don't get me wrong though; I love Gears of War A LOT and have completed 1 and 3 on insane and soon gonna start to complete Gears 2 on INSANE. I've just started to read the books and so far like it a lot. It's mostly the Gears 3 MP I have issues with (mainly the players itself though) and EPIC's laziness and neglect.

First off, I doubt you just said that "Epic was lazy"- I really do, or if you did; you might've worded it with a bit too much salt. (Cher and Flak are great mods, the rest... I can't really account for.) Also, if you posted in the wrong sub-forum (ex: Gears J) it's pretty much an auto-closed thread.

Frustration-wise, I can completely understand you. Most of the Gears community has gone to dust ever since the Beta (lol, Cliff you wanted the Halo/COD kids- YOU GOT EM), so they aren't as welcoming or as awesome as they used to be. (EGFC is a joke now, it's pretty much an open group full of glorified forumers that occasionally do events.) Another consideration to take is that in it self, with all the newcomers and idiots; the Forums have had several new rules change since the past year. (Some are somewhat unnecessary, but they're not too hard to follow.) So yeah, that's the Gears forums summed up in a few sentences. Not the best place to be anymore. By far.

Now then, let me talk to you about your MP problems (which believe me, with the months I've played- I should know a thing or two about em'):

- Incens

You're probably getting killed from rubber-banding or some other form of lag amigo, you may think you're rolling- but to the "server" you not yet. (Same with a P2P connection, if not worse. And I mention this because nowadays the Gears 3 servers are frequently offline.) Another thing about Incens is that they're meant to be thrown, that's why they have a pretty nice impact radius. They're not OP, but if you know how to use them; you'll get your two kills fairly easy.

- Boomshot

The BoomShot is fairly comparable to the Gnasher in terms of inconsistency, sometimes you'll get a Quad by shooting the regular shot into a KOTH ring; other times you'll get nothing by shooting the Active into someone's feet. It's just fairly inconsistent, and it goes both ways. (I've actually sponged a few would-be-lethal Booms myself, but I've also seen some pretty questionable wall shots.) The blast radius in fact, has received a pretty sizable nerf since the Fenix Rezing DLC (might've been earlier?)- so definitely not just the radius that you need to take into account.

- Bots

Bots are ridiculously easy if you know how to handle them, just stick to cover and shoot as they run into the open and blindfire at you. However, they do become a nuisance with a Gnasher in CQC- since they auto aim the Gnasher by default. -_- (That does seem a bit unfair imo, but hey... that's how they made em'.)

- Private Guardian

I don't believe anyone actually "promised" Private Guardian, the Friday that the DLC was released I think Rod said something on his Twitter about "trying to do it", but other than that... I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, keep in mind that Guardian was FoN exclusive till recently. So it would unfair for people who bought the DLC.

- Ridiculous cheevos

They aren't exactly "ridiculous" per se, Seriously 3.0 just requires methodical grinding/you remembering that War Supporter is there. (Everything else is pretty standard.)

- Getting Reset

I agree that this one is a big folly on Epic's part, it's been a problem since week one and they still haven't (probably won't) fixed it. However, it was put in place on purpose- to stop the Rank gltiching from Gears 2. So I'm not sure whether Epic or the glitchers take the blame on that one. (However, there's like 20 bajillion reminders for you to back your data up...)

Gotta post twice, went over the character limit. O_o

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #1148
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Continued...

- Unfair matchmaking

Agreed, to an extent. Parties of four or more should not be able to go into Quick Match, and Epic needs Stranded playlists for EVERY gametype. Ranked is obviously something else entirely, but it's pretty good atm.

- Medals

Go boost on Private, end of story. If you think that Wingman is a pain, bring a friend in to make it faster. Visualize your impending medal if that helps.

- Retro

It's been nerfed since FoN, reduced effective range makes it somewhat balanced I guess.

- Horde

That's XBL for you, full of great random people!

- Never getting revived

The Gears 3 Tac Com sucks. Even I have trouble knowing when someone's down, and trust me- half the time I play my screen is grayed out.

- Hate Mail

You new to Gears or something? (lol, Or XBL for that matter!) Hate mail is pretty much the player-essence of Gears! Come on, COD has fourteen-year-olds, Halo has the mouthbreathing teabaggers, and Gears has the trash talk! I myself don't even mind the messages, just one more trophy for my mind to give itself.

- Overpriced Weapon Skins

Agree completely. lol, I remember people's comments on the Twitch livestream Rod did before Gears 3 where he said the price. xD (Hilarious stuff.)

- About the crappy story

Karen Traviss writes damn good books, but pretty trashy games. (Karen if you're reading this, I really love your books- even your comics, but God did you ruin five years of storytelling. x_x) Needless to say, she got booted for Judgment.

Finally, I'd just like to finish off by saying that I completely understand the whole love/hate Gears thing friend. As a guy that's played Gears for six years now, and was expecting so much more out of Gears 3... I think I get that feeling you have. Just let it go, find a decent party to play with, and have fun.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #1149
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The EPIC forums are ridiculous, I've been banned multiple times from them, and when I make a fair thread about problems with the game, they get deleted.

There are many problems with Gears 3. Its game-play doesn't feel like Gears of War anymore, the makers have made it more like COD and Halo. Which is wrong. Gears of War was unique, a different online experience. Its changed too much and that's why the population has fallen since its release.

The retro lancer is the biggest game-breaker though, in my opinion. It doesn't fit Gears at all, its way too overpowered. You can barely move around the map because of stopping power, and on top of that all three rifles are overpowered really. The gnasher is way too inconsistent, and Seriously has ruined the experience too.

Its not a bad game though. It has many problems but I still play it. Alot. Maybe because its Gears of War. I will carry on playing until I unlock Seriously 3.0 and then we'll see from there. Doubt I'd carry on playing it though, I may go back to Gears 1 or 2.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #1150
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
The EPIC forums are ridiculous, I've been banned multiple times from them, and when I make a fair thread about problems with the game, they get deleted.

There are many problems with Gears 3. Its game-play doesn't feel like Gears of War anymore, the makers have made it more like COD and Halo. Which is wrong. Gears of War was unique, a different online experience. Its changed too much and that's why the population has fallen since its release.

The retro lancer is the biggest game-breaker though, in my opinion. It doesn't fit Gears at all, its way too overpowered. You can barely move around the map because of stopping power, and on top of that all three rifles are overpowered really. The gnasher is way too inconsistent, and Seriously has ruined the experience too.

Its not a bad game though. It has many problems but I still play it. Alot. Maybe because its Gears of War. I will carry on playing until I unlock Seriously 3.0 and then we'll see from there. Doubt I'd carry on playing it though, I may go back to Gears 1 or 2.

Yeah, I hear ya on dem forums... but I mean you're probably getting your threads closed for a solid reason. (Wrong sub-forum is the most common way to get your thread closed.)

I also agree about the Versus not feeling like Gears :/ (There's really no survival motif anymore, or pronounced "tactical value" to most of the mechanics.) In my humble opinion, TDM and Capture the Leader contribute greatly to this: they encourage mindless rushing, at little consequence. Epic also tried to bring Guardian back (because clearly CtL wasn't really fit to replace it), but it doesn't work with the Gears 3 CMS. Completely different than the Gears 2 variant, which was my favorite gametype along with Execution... EVER.

They've actually had multiple nerfs on the Retro... but nothing seems to make it less problematic xD The best thing that they could do in my always humble opinion, is to simply make the bullets disappear a la Gorgon style. Perhaps lower the ROF? I mean, removing it all together might not be the best idea, because it does have it's own weapon niche...

Get a group of two or three friends guy, and you'll have some fun It's not a "bad" game per se... by a longshot, it just doesn't truly play like a Gears game.

Last edited by Hagane; 08-07-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #1151
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Continued...

- Unfair matchmaking

Agreed, to an extent. Parties of four or more should not be able to go into Quick Match, and Epic needs Stranded playlists for EVERY gametype. Ranked is obviously something else entirely, but it's pretty good atm.

- Medals

Go boost on Private, end of story. If you think that Wingman is a pain, bring a friend in to make it faster. Visualize your impending medal if that helps.

- Retro

It's been nerfed since FoN, reduced effective range makes it somewhat balanced I guess.

- Horde

That's XBL for you, full of great random people!

- Never getting revived

The Gears 3 Tac Com sucks. Even I have trouble knowing when someone's down, and trust me- half the time I play my screen is grayed out.

- Hate Mail

You new to Gears or something? (lol, Or XBL for that matter!) Hate mail is pretty much the player-essence of Gears! Come on, COD has fourteen-year-olds, Halo has the mouthbreathing teabaggers, and Gears has the trash talk! I myself don't even mind the messages, just one more trophy for my mind to give itself.

- Overpriced Weapon Skins

Agree completely. lol, I remember people's comments on the Twitch livestream Rod did before Gears 3 where he said the price. xD (Hilarious stuff.)

- About the crappy story

Karen Traviss writes damn good books, but pretty trashy games. (Karen if you're reading this, I really love your books- even your comics, but God did you ruin five years of storytelling. x_x) Needless to say, she got booted for Judgment.

Finally, I'd just like to finish off by saying that I completely understand the whole love/hate Gears thing friend. As a guy that's played Gears for six years now, and was expecting so much more out of Gears 3... I think I get that feeling you have. Just let it go, find a decent party to play with, and have fun.
(this is also a response to your first post )

Well yes I did indeed say flat out that Epic is in general doing a lazy job with the events and reset-glitch and I said they used Judgement as an excuse to not update the game anymore because they already have our money from all the DLC and stuff. And yeah, the CoD kids are definitely infiltrating Gears MP, I laughed at that part you wrote there, good one, spot on!

Hmm yeah I can agree on the lag thing, it happens quite often when I shoot boom and it blows up in my face (same with torque) but weren't there supposed to be "dedicated" servers?? :O

Yes bots are really easy, but they are so inconsistent, that's my problem.. One minute they'll blind headshot you and the next they hide at a wall looking at the ground with their smoke out..

Also, last week I got into a game with 4 players on one team and 2 on the other, and I get placed on the team with 4 people... I mean, come on... And no-one was in a team or anything, just randoms... I felt kinda bad for the other guys that camped at spawn, so instead we farmed their bots, but thats really ridiculous.. Yes, the Retro is a bit better now indeed, and with most of the casuals gone I see far less of them, but still I get annoyed a lot by them. One could say "play Old School" but I don't like those modes, I don't play Execution and KotH (I hate KotH, retro fest at it's worst...)

Yeah I stopped playing Horde online months ago, have tried it again last week and before the tenth wave only me and 1 other guy was there, then he left too....

This is indeed the first Gears MP I play with full dedication (86 green right now) so yeah I was quite shocked but not surprised, my friends told me that the casuals and CoD'ers don't like getting killed..

Anyway; thanks a lot for understanding my frustration instead of just saying I'm spouting out crap (like about 90 % of Epic forums...).

Well I don't understand why we didn't get Private Guardian, wether it was promised or not (I saw someone else say this, so I went along with it) but how hard can it be? It's a tweaked version of Capture the Leader (or actually, it's the other way around, but never mind :P)

I now have killed 10 Kim's thanks to a playlist where I got to play against bots (thank goodness for that) but every ribbon/achievement that requires several players (like 3 revives as Kantus, who has ever gotten that Legit?..) is complete BS imo

Wait; what?? You're saying they put the reset thing in on purpose? I don't know if I believe that, that's a little harsh, especially because it seems people get reset when they lose connection during the stat screen at the end of games. I don't think they put it in on purpose just to get back at a few glitchers, many people have lost hundreds of hours of playtime because of it and they didn't know about back-ups because they don't visit any forums, just like to play Gears and that's it. (I didn't know about it 'til I got reset....
Old 08-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #1152
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
Ranked is virtually unplayable if you're flying solo. Combined with how I'm in a deep slump right now, my teams just get bent over and decimated by stacked teams with no effort. I seriously played just one KOTH ranked match and already feel like switching to something else. I used to have a ton of fun playing this game; what happened?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1153
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Sigma View Post
Ranked is virtually unplayable if you're flying solo. Combined with how I'm in a deep slump right now, my teams just get bent over and decimated by stacked teams with no effort. I seriously played just one KOTH ranked match and already feel like switching to something else. I used to have a ton of fun playing this game; what happened?

I faced a 4-man stack on Quick Guardian yesterday... kinda sad, but people do it. :/ (I will say that it was fun because they were disorganized, I got a Triple including their Leader at the BoomShot on ClockTower with my Gnasher!) But yeah, this is definitely what Epic should be working on- please make a COMPLETE Stranded playlist. x_x I loathe TDM, and KotH just isn't my cup of tea...

Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #1154
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
So if I have to play a Gears event I must purchase one of the DLCs??
Epic you're such an epic fail.
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #1155
DaChiefOfOwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreSoldier View Post
So if I have to play a Gears event I must purchase one of the DLCs??
Epic you're such an epic fail.
No you don't, you can play any online non-DLC gametype.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #1156
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefOfOwnage View Post
No you don't, you can play any online non-DLC gametype.
Really? How?
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #1157
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Play a game while the event is going on
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1158
DaChiefOfOwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreSoldier View Post
Really? How?
Umm... Go to Versus > Standard > TDM no-DLC...
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #1159
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Anyone think that Epic will ever reduce onyx medals again? Just wondering if that is a possibility because my friend was a huge Gears 2 fan and said that like two years after its release they did a twenty times exp event to draw some of the players back. Makes me wonder if a year from now or something they might try to draw some people back by reducing onyx medals or doing some kind of event where every ribbon or weapon kill is worth double or triple ribbons/weapon kills in order to cut down on grind time.

Only asking because I have gotten the majority of the onyx medals but I'm starting to feel burnt out on the whole thing. Right now I'm leaning torwards giving up and moving on but it would be a pretty big morale boost if Epic took it's head out its ass and helped us out with this achievement.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #1160
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronsky View Post
Anyone think that Epic will ever reduce onyx medals again? Just wondering if that is a possibility because my friend was a huge Gears 2 fan and said that like two years after its release they did a twenty times exp event to draw some of the players back. Makes me wonder if a year from now or something they might try to draw some people back by reducing onyx medals or doing some kind of event where every ribbon or weapon kill is worth double or triple ribbons/weapon kills in order to cut down on grind time.

Only asking because I have gotten the majority of the onyx medals but I'm starting to feel burnt out on the whole thing. Right now I'm leaning torwards giving up and moving on but it would be a pretty big morale boost if Epic took it's head out its ass and helped us out with this achievement.
Epic tend to make things worse, not better...
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #1161
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronsky View Post

Doubtful, especially with Judgment right around the corner. At this point in Gears 3's lifespan; I doubt that they'll even implement any XP multiplier above x4. And yeah, it's natural to feel burnt out eventually. x_x (Heavy Weapons is such a drag... boosting Architect is hemorrhage inducing, and of course 6000 legit Hammerburst kills are enough to validate a visit to a chiropractor.)

In other bitchy news...

Is there some sort of a AFK trend going around in Gears 3? O_o
I swear I get some every other game now, and about a month ago it was pretty rare. Really ridiculous when your Leader and two other teammates aren't moving, and you're up against a stack. -_-

Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #1162
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How come I always end up in CTL matches, where the leader is both incompetent and incontinent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #1163
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
How come I always end up in CTL matches, where the leader is both incompetent and incontinent?
Seems to always be the case for any "lone, semi-decent Gears 3 player" :/

I mean I know the feeling, too well in fact- but I still ask myself the same question about the general teammates I seem to get.

Also, CTL is pretty terrible in itself- real fun to be a live meatflag LOL (Probably Epic's third biggest blunder in Gears 3 aside from TDM and the current CMS.)

Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #1164
AU Unit

AU Unit's Gamercard
What I disliked from Gears was the fact that an entire species was wiped out completely by a couple of waves and how does an enemy with seemingly infinite number of forces get destroyed by about 7 guys. The campaign just made no sense to me...
AU Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #1165
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Unit View Post
What I disliked from Gears was the fact that an entire species was wiped out completely by a couple of waves and how does an enemy with seemingly infinite number of forces get destroyed by about 7 guys. The campaign just made no sense to me...
Yeah, everyday I think about the Gears 3 campaign... I actually curse Traviss. :/ Great going, destroying half a decade of storytelling! -_-

But I mean, technically the WHOLE UIR was there... and they had working Ravens.

Everyone knows that one Gorasni is equivalent to five Tyrans.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #1166
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Back with a few more rants that really annoy me...

People just standing there at spawn at the beginning of a game and only move every 5 mins or so so they don't get kicked out... Not only is our team 1 man down, I ONLY play Guardian and every time one of those idiots is on my team, he becomes the leader and gets killed before there has passed even 1 minute and I cannot explain how annoying this is...

The second thing that annoys me, is that since the last 4 weeks Epic has been (as usual...) lazy as fuck with the Events... Seriously, Stay Frosty came back for a 3rd time, then a week later we get Stay Frosty again! But the difference being that we got a nerfed frag, big deal, those things would only kill someone if they are tagged onto them, but since you get killed by 3 HB shots you never get into melee range. Then, Raven Down 24/7 came back for the 3rd-4th time... In the description it said; "Execution with Gnashers only!" but they forgot to add you have a 12 shot snub that'll pop heads in 1 shot so naturally this Gnasher event became a camping fest... Then, a week after that, we get Raven Down 24/7 again!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This time they removed the headshot option on the snub. And now we have One Shot One Kill but with Smoke Grenades, I seriously hate those people that just run around and troll everyone tagging smokes on them, and once a bot throws a smoke, every bot in the map will do the same thing so you end up with a big cloud without being able to see a thing .. What will we get next week? One Shot One Kill without smokes?

I am so tired of the laziness Epic is showing towards Gears 3, repeating one event twice in a row is annoying, but doing the same thing twice is just plain laziness, stupid events like Raven Down 24/7 and Stay Frosty come back 3-4 times and other events maybe only once even though there are many people wanting it to come back (Can you Dig it? Anyone???) I'm 4 events away from Socialite and 4 levels away from my second re-up and boy am I glad when I'm done with this game..
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1167
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Quote:
First off, I doubt you just said that "Epic was lazy"- I really do, or if you did; you might've worded it with a bit too much salt. (Cher and Flak are great mods, the rest... I can't really account for.) Also, if you posted in the wrong sub-forum (ex: Gears J) it's pretty much an auto-closed thread.
No, they are shit mods. I don't know why you would even defend them? You can't give an opposing point of view even if you word it politely, you will get banned. And not just banned, perma-banned on your first offense.

Example: I got banned from the Epic forums for saying "I'm excited to play MassEffect 3, it might be the only game that makes me take Gears3 out of the disc drive... at least for a month" That's it. That's what I said and I was perma-banned for "trolling".

Cher and Flak have too much sand in their vags and powertrip even though it's just a forum and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

At any rate, the Epic forums aren't for discussing things, they are just for agreeing with everyone about how great Epic is. I'm glad this forum exists to air our grievances.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #1168
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fohf View Post
No, they are shit mods. I don't know why you would even defend them? You can't give an opposing point of view even if you word it politely, you will get banned. And not just banned, perma-banned on your first offense.

Example: I got banned from the Epic forums for saying "I'm excited to play MassEffect 3, it might be the only game that makes me take Gears3 out of the disc drive... at least for a month" That's it. That's what I said and I was perma-banned for "trolling".

Cher and Flak have too much sand in their vags and powertrip even though it's just a forum and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

At any rate, the Epic forums aren't for discussing things, they are just for agreeing with everyone about how great Epic is. I'm glad this forum exists to air our grievances.
Why do I defend them? Because in truth they are decent mods, and people that deserve a better view than some "sanguinary banhammer." And obviously, if you voice your opinion CORRECTLY (politely, and following the rules) you will be given a chance; it hardly matters if they agree with you on the topic.

Perhaps you should lose the sour attitude, and not hold such a grudge against people doing their jobs? (I mean, "sand in their vags" sounds quite fitting to your post.)

I however completely agree with you that the Epic forums aren't quite what they used to be, you're probably better of in one of these smaller communities discussing whatever you'd like to your hearts content.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #1169
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Why do I defend them? Because in truth they are decent mods, and people that deserve a better view than some "sanguinary banhammer." And obviously, if you voice your opinion CORRECTLY (politely, and following the rules) you will be given a chance; it hardly matters if they agree with you on the topic.

Perhaps you should lose the sour attitude, and not hold such a grudge against people doing their jobs? (I mean, "sand in their vags" sounds quite fitting to your post.)

I however completely agree with you that the Epic forums aren't quite what they used to be, you're probably better of in one of these smaller communities discussing whatever you'd like to your hearts content.
No, the mods are assholes that I've heard about constantly banning anyone who disagrees or points out any flaw in the game. All they want are people to worship their shit. The idiots at Halo Waypoint forums are just as bad. The bitch that writes the "Halo Bulletin" spent an entire bulletin talking about corn dogs and Comic Con, neither of which have anything to do with Halo. Yet, they were quite literally banning people on the forums or replied to the bulletin saying they didn't like corn dogs and/or expected "The Halo Bulletin" to actually be about Halo.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.

Last edited by Viper187; 09-06-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #1170
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
No, the mods are assholes that I've heard about constantly banning anyone who disagrees or points out any flaw in the game. All they want are people to worship their shit. The idiots at Halo Waypoint forums are just as bad. The bitch that writes the "Halo Bulletin" spent an entire bulletin talking about corn dogs and Comic Con, neither of which have anything to do with Halo. Yet, they were quite literally banning people on the forums or replied to the bulletin saying they didn't like corn dogs and/or expected "The Halo Bulletin" to actually be about Halo.
Your first sentence is exactly why I continue to defend the actual mods themselves, they're just people doing their job. Not just "assholes."
Hearing and experiencing are two completely different things, and the Halo red herring doesn't really help reinforce whatever point you were trying to make. (Nevertheless, I get it.)

And it's understandable why you'd ban people that aren't posting replies that are 'on topic', no? (Probably yet another good reason to do so on the Epic forums.)

EDIT:

Personally, the only things that piss me off about the Gears forums are that most people seem to be genuine "assholes" like you were saying in your post above and that they're so damn stubborn (in a bad way)- they believe in certain things, and will literally argue with you either: till' you accept their view as correct, until someone posts some stupid GIF ridiculing however has less "forum credibility", or until a mod closes the thread (surprise surprise!)

Aside from that;

-people are notoriously obnoxious with new people- they'll always treat you like you don't now any better about the game. (And yes, the people with the bigger post counts tend to be the bigger douchebags.)

-Mention anything that is negative towards the Gnasher? You're out of the Gears forums' fraternity, till you change your username or something at least.

-The EGFC is not what it used to be. When it began, it was basically the "community list to find teammates", now it's basically a group of glorified forumers.

I really have never had any problems with moderators on the Epic forums nor have I seen them close/ban unfairly, EVER. And believe me, I've typed out some really hot posts since I joined in 2008.

Last edited by Hagane; 09-06-2012 at 07:04 AM.