PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #151
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Carmine's voice. I know it's the same actor and I know he's supposed to have the same voice, but it just doesn't fit with his manly build. He needs to be more "gruff".

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #152
iNT3NTiiONz

iNT3NTiiONz's Gamercard
Only one bitch from me, and thats the skin bundle price. 3600ms, really.
I dont have a problem with the season pass, that download is worth it
Old 09-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #153
ThisCuddlyBear

Optimus Dada's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNT3NTiiONz View Post
Wait... so you have the season pass AND another download just dedicated to skins.. wow...

Send a message to my Xbox gamertag: Optimus Dada
Its faster to contact me through xbl msg!
ThisCuddlyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #154
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi varsity View Post
only n00bs & trolls will bitch about this game, then the game will go through updates to accomodate the rats that moan, then the game will be trashed, just like gears2! You people who 'bitch' are the ones that ruin games!
Get good! Or go back to halo!
Oh and another thing, no-one gives a fuck about trueachievements!

qft .
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #155
Kazuma Prime

Kazuma Prime's Gamercard
Agreed. Gnasher was enough but no lets make a gun thats 5 times more powerful and basically have to rush at the guys to kill them. All SO shitgun users who whore it out, I say this. Try using something that doesn't make you look like a complete failure, like a Hammerburst or Retro Lancer. They at least take some skill to use.
Kazuma Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #156
iNT3NTiiONz

iNT3NTiiONz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma Prime View Post
like a Hammerburst or Retro Lancer. They at least take some skill to use.
The retro lancer definitely requires skill, that bloody gun aims at the sky after a couple of fired rounds.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #157
Jenrais

Jenrai's Gamercard
People who charge at me and still manage to fire a shotgun before me..
Jenrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #158
TG xHEADSHOTx

TG xHEADSHOTx's Gamercard
efing sawed - off iss a lil anoying other than that games great kids pop out of corner shoot miss or kill u but miss lol run away to another corner pop outthan shoot agn ha i know its a new weapon but get sum skill n use the gnasher people like a pro!!!!!!!!!!
TG xHEADSHOTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #159
Twitch142

Twitch v2's Gamercard
I don't mind the gnasher in small doses, when people use it like it's supposed to be used. In close quarters as a back up weapon. I'll use it from time to time, but I still prefer the rifles.
Twitch142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #160
Twitch142

Twitch v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNT3NTiiONz View Post
Isn't the season pass 3600 points and comes with a free skin pack? Did I miss something, or are you saying there is a $35 skin pack out there?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #161
Lothra

Lothra's Gamercard
Spoilers ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 complaints, firstly the matchmaking needs a patch, secondly the ending was OK at best but it didn't answer any questions raised in the first 2 games.

What EXACTLY are the Locust?

Why does the queen look human and speak the same language as humans yet other locust only know a few words? Adam Fenix says he was going to explain Myrrah to Marcus when he reached him but he never does.

What the hell are the sires and that whole *genetic bridge to our future" deal?, oh and why did people trek to Mount Kadar?

Why didn't Adam Fenix warn anyone when he discovered the locast queen? he instead worked for her and let e-day happen.

etc etc.

Oh and the Locust Queens death......lame, the final battle was against her overgrown bumblebee not her, we should have got to chainsaw that bitch in-half ourselves not in a cutscene.
Lothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #162
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch142 View Post
Isn't the season pass 3600 points and comes with a free skin pack? Did I miss something, or are you saying there is a $35 skin pack out there?
season pass is cheaper. 2400 points and comes with the liquid metal skin. for $35, you can buy all the skins

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #163
Twitch142

Twitch v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
season pass is cheaper. 2400 points and comes with the liquid metal skin. for $35, you can buy all the skins
Wow, didn't know about the skin pack. That's kinda reduclous. But I don't buy a whole lot of cosmetic junk for games anyway.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #164
benster

benster8367's Gamercard
Did anyone think that the ending was f%&^%&ing crap!!!!!!!!!

i been playing the gears of war franchise since i first got my box, loved gears 1 and 2 story line but when i fished gears 3 i almost broke my disk in have because of how shitty the ending was to me they didnt explain anythingggg i just wanted to know if anyone felt this way or didnt feel this way

Last edited by benster; 09-23-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling errors
benster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #165
Vigor

Red face

15-20 minutes to get in a Horde/Beast match, Seriously Epic?
Not being able to make a public lobby for these 2 mentioned modes.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #166
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
The final boss on insane. Even with 4 people it is f****** near impossible
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #167
darthchimp182

Darth Chimp's Gamercard
no Mihn Young Kim in Mulitplayer.....been my guy since E-Day.....now he's gone and i have to be someone else, that's damn annoying, i'll be ok when i get Hoffman unlocked, so level 50 is on the cards before Gears 3 leaves the xbox, but i want Kim back dammit!

(and RAAM for the locust...)

I really want one of those Crystal balls that allow people to see DLC before it's even released well enough to pass judgement....
...time to don the Level 5 Horse Armour and go raid me a Troll Cave!
darthchimp182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #168
berserkerlord13

Berserkerlord13's Gamercard
The only problem I have is that my preorder code for the savage grenadier elite wont work. I entered the code and I was able to use him the first day but it wont let me use him now for some reason. I have already tried downloading it again but that didnt work. Anyone know how to fix it?
berserkerlord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #169
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
4 player coop on hardcore is ridiculous. i only imagine insane

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #170
Vigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhound64 View Post
Me and a friend came to the last checkpoint but gave defeat after many deads.
We did the entire act 5 on insane, just the both of us.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #171
rossaboy

rossaboy's Gamercard
I was loving this game so much ..... Until my rank has reset all my executions characters and weapon skins i unlocked have all gone i mean WTF why me ffs if anyone else has this problem let me know i feel like im the only person its happened to
rossaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #172
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhound64 View Post
For this reason I don't give a shit how it ended, it's just an amazing feeling after beating Insane and the classic Gears theme is in the background.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #173
Vigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaboy View Post
I was loving this game so much ..... Until my rank has reset all my executions characters and weapon skins i unlocked have all gone i mean WTF why me ffs if anyone else has this problem let me know i feel like im the only person its happened to
I have lost some stats here and there, like getting dragged back a step or two but not that bad though.

If that happened to me, I'd stop playing cause I lost my trust completely.

Goodluck.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #174
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
This is a great game!

However there are some things that are annoying. Trying to find games of Horde and Beast mode is ridiculously hard. They really have to do some work on the matchmaking in those modes. Whenever I get into one of those games it is a great blast though.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #175
Vigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiez View Post
This is a great game!

However there are some things that are annoying. Trying to find games of Horde and Beast mode is ridiculously hard. They really have to do some work on the matchmaking in those modes. Whenever I get into one of those games it is a great blast though.
They are aware and working on it, saw it on twitter.
I'm getting matches within 5 minutes now so it's going better.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #176
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
What is the point of hosts on horde on dedicated servers, we just got to Wave 25 and whoever the hell was host just quit out and we all got disconnected, more bs from this terrible matchmaking system.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #177
INTY

Ultimania10's Gamercard
WARNING, my post contains spoilers.
Six bitches from me. But, take into account that that's over-weighed by a list of positives that counts to over 60.
1. TOO MANY LAMBENT! When I heard we'd be fighting lambent in this game, I thought they would be a rare encounter, about at least only a quarter of the encounters. I wasn't hoping for 'here's an hour of lambent, now here's an hour of Locust' and so on. They were overused, which got boring due to how few Lambent enemy types there were, in comparison to how many locust enemy types there were. Also I was really hoping for some good three way battles of Delta team/Lambent/Locust.

2. Dom. There were so many new characters in this game getting screen time, leaving Dom with little. And considering how little he's in the game for, when he leaves it seems really sudden because we haven't had enough insight as to what he's going through.

3. ...the books. Fuck the books-quite a few characters, areas of the story and even areas are explained in the books, and then they're tied into Gears of War 3's story as if to say, 'yeah, everyone's read our books.' It's irresponsible and bad story telling that'll leave people who didn't read the book confused. Hell, the sires research base in Gears of War 2, explained in the books-not even touched on in 3. That was the worst part for me.

4. The shrieker enemies. These things were flat out annoying and didn't fit in with the Locust horde.

5. Act 4, until Gryphon's gone. I get it, after what just happened, we can't feel excited for a while, we need a dusty, desolate environment where no one's cracking jokes for a while for the previous event to feel appropriate. Even still though, this Act DRAGGED, and was thoroughly uninteresting. It actually felt like a quickly rushed-in part of the game that they put in for the sake of Ice-T's character.

6. Queen Myrrah's role. I HATED her in this game. She was like a cheap 90's kids show villain who was trying to be important. Having that faithful beast that she could always rely on to escape with, but not before causing a bit of mischief with it before retreating on it, she always followed the characters from close behind and sent henchmen after them, and was always sneering at them and insulting their names. All of this, rather than killing them herself. She easily could-but didn't. Her character was annoying.

Other than that? Very good game. Expect a lot of cheese and fun gameplay
Bioshock, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, CastleVania: Lords of Shadow, Darksiders, Dead Rising 2, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Gears of War 2, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Portal 2 and The Orange Box.
INTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #178
Orison

Orison Omega's Gamercard
I hate loadout resets in the campaign. The campaign brings you to an area to restock weapons and ammo then a minute later resets all your weapons and ammo to default. I'm not even that far in and it's happened enough to compel me to post about it. Is it a bug or working as intended?
Orison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #179
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orison View Post
I hate loadout resets in the campaign. The campaign brings you to an area to restock weapons and ammo then a minute later resets all your weapons and ammo to default. I'm not even that far in and it's happened enough to compel me to post about it. Is it a bug or working as intended?
I think it's something that only happens in Arcade mode.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #180
123abc

ShotByRevolver's Gamercard
If your going to spoil stuff at least put a spoiler warning LOTHRA
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote