PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #31
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Pretty good guide Pants. Still not too happy with that power trip you went on in the Dead Island forum by closing a legit thread but ya, glad to see a decent guide up already.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #32
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I added some of the tips to the guide, fixed some of the spelling and informational errors and added some more questions that we need to clarify for "Welcome to the Big Leagues" - seems like that one isn't quite working as intended and we need to nail down exactly what you need on your Hard Drive or Gamertag for the game to recognize you've already played the series before, as well as what requirements have to be met if you do get stuck in Casual.

Predni: I did see your video when I was looking for one to use, but I didn't really want to use it since it's in German. I know you have the English text, but it was just off-putting for me for some reason. Hope that doesn't sound rude. :/

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #33
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
ok thx for posting and explain The Pants Party
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #34
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Another guide Pants. As for the Socialite Achievement Ive come up with theory as to why it doesn't work for some. The event is for you to unlock your gold weapons and if you already have so many achievements in Gears 2 and or played the beta then you will unlock the gold weapons as soon as you load the game, so in theory because you already have the gold weapons the game wont log in the events progress because you cant unlock them.

Also the next Event is the weekend after next (Big head mode) So if a patch hasn't been released to sort it out (Hopefully not) then it could still work then.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #35
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDMFS0AB View Post
You can only get certain excecutions in horde anyway. Not sure if the cleaver is one of them.

I suggest loading up chapter 2 - House of sand. There was a few cleaver dudes there.

Does anyone know which chapter the one shot is in. It's the last ones i need.
The One Shot is in Act 3 when you defend Anvil Gate or in Act 2 when you sneak into the Locust base to hijack the Gas-Barge ( when you have to kill the guards without them sounding the alarm.)

Also: I got the 0G achievement when i started up Gears 3: Played 1+2, completed both of them on insane, and am a level 100 in Gears 2, hope that helps figuring out when this unlocks...^^'
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #36
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide!! Love the million hours!!! How many days is that excatly??
Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #37
scarface

lt jim dangle69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but you don't seem to gain xp from private horde matches. Unless the game dicked me out of xp.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #38
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but you don't seem to gain xp from private horde matches. Unless the game dicked me out of xp.
You gain XP from every gametype in the game, private, public, campaign Etc. Allbeit its not very much but every little helps right

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #39
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Nice guide, you should change the 1 million hours though that scares me a little..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
Destiny is hands down best game in life.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #40
Bobblegob

Bobblegob's Gamercard
Fantastic guide mate! Awesome job, and it will definatley come handy while I get as much G from it as I can... I ain't even going to attempt Seriously 3.0.. I like my games but I ain't got that sorta patience haha.

Bobblegob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #41
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Apparently someone one already has every achievement in this game legit.
Just what the fuck ever ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #42
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
You can only get certain excecutions in horde anyway. Not sure if the cleaver is one of them.
If the Cleaver is in the campaign (thanks for the suggestion), then no execution requires Horde mode. I did every single execution in Versus mode except the Cleaver. This method obviously requires you to unlock the weapons' executions, but that is something I wanted to do anyway since I play Versus and Horde alot.

Also, kills with the Butcher in Beast mode don't count, in case anyone was wondering...

Last edited by Suiken; 09-21-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #43
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn201 View Post
Apparently someone one already has every achievement in this game legit.
Just what the fuck ever ..
Impossible...
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
I would make the Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10.

If something takes a ton of hours. That would make it a 10. Most people will never get 1000.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #45
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
FYI: The difficulty trick does not work in Arcade mode. Everyone gets set to the host's difficulty there.

Also, EPIC said there is no set amount of xp for lvl 100 yet. They are going to see how fast people level up and tweak the percentage for a while.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #46
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegFourMercy View Post
I would make the Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10.

If something takes a ton of hours. That would make it a 10. Most people will never get 1000.
Time consuming =/= Difficulty

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #47
Walter B Willis

Walter B Willis's Gamercard
Quote:
Does anyone know which chapter the one shot is in. It's the last ones i need.
I believe on the very first chapter of Act III there's one behind the left turret if you're facing the area the Locust are spawning at during the very first fight
Walter B Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post

That's Just Crazy 75
Complete all campaign Acts on Insane Difficulty (Standard or Arcade).

Insane difficulty is unlocked by first completing the game on any other difficulty. I would suggest saving your Insane playthrough to couple with the 4-player "We Few, We Happy Few..." achievement, as that will make it quite a bit easier.

The trick from Gears 2 returns here as well. If you have a friend who would like to help you, they can set their difficulty in co-op to Casual while you play on Insane, and they will be able to mow down all the enemies while you hang back out of danger. So long as your personal difficulty is set to Insane you'll get credit for it - however, they will not.

In the Chapter Select menu, you will see an icon in the upper right corner indicating which difficulty you have completed it in.
I've joined someone elses game in co-op. There's no way to change difficulty from the menus? It always puts me on the skill level of the last single campaign I load.

For instance if I join another player in co-op after loading a campaign myself on insane it sticks me on insane even if they are on casual. I cannot see any way to change this?

Basically to get help on insane other players need to load up a casual save first then join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
It's not like when you're playing by yourself though. You'll still have to pickup your partner, although you'll have to be quick about it.

I'm under the impression that 4-players in campaign does break the game as it seems it was built for 2 players, but decided to have 4-player co-op anyway.
You cannot be revived on Insane. If you get dropped you instantly die. Regardless of single player or co-op.
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #49
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter B Willis View Post
I believe on the very first chapter of Act III there's one behind the left turret if you're facing the area the Locust are spawning at during the very first fight

in the mission where you have to shoot the guys before they sound the horn, there is one (maybe 2) next to the crates after you shoot the 1st guy and before the next two.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #50
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.
(Well after posting I was informed a lot of these can be done solo in private with bots, so not that hard, but Horde and campaign on insane will still be pretty tough)

For Big Leagues (I said I would edit but there have been a lot of replies) I played a few matches, am now 20 I can still access casual mode and did not receive the achievement. I could have sworn I heard/read somewhere that once at 18 casual becomes unavailable, but obviously this is not the case, at the very least for me. I even restarted the game to "reload" all the progress and same thing applies. SO I don't know what to say.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 09-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #51
phazer

Phazer89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdragon View Post
The One Shot is in Act 3 when you defend Anvil Gate or in Act 2 when you sneak into the Locust base to hijack the Gas-Barge ( when you have to kill the guards without them sounding the alarm.)

Also: I got the 0G achievement when i started up Gears 3: Played 1+2, completed both of them on insane, and am a level 100 in Gears 2, hope that helps figuring out when this unlocks...^^'
Yeah, you can get the One Shot (and also Mortar) near the start of Act 2, Forced Entry. I suppose it'll probably be easier to alert the enemy, if not you can also use them on the ones who come out from the side gate. You can also get it in Airborne (also Act 2), after defending the first wave, and after Dizzy opens up the ammo stash (which also has a Hammer of Dawn, Torque Bow etc.).

Last edited by phazer; 09-21-2011 at 03:26 PM.
phazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #52
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required just for the bronze medal which is 75 MVPs, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.

For Big Leagues (I said I would edit but there have been a lot of replies) I played a few matches, am now 20 I can still access casual mode and did not receive the achievement. I could have sworn I heard/read somewhere that once at 18 casual becomes unavailable, but obviously this is not the case, at the very least for me. I even restarted the game to "reload" all the progress and same thing applies. SO I don't know what to say.
private counts if you have a full game of bots. i got a few mvps playing CTL
Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #53
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Obviously I can only speak for myself but 'Welcome to the Big Leagues' popped for me as soon as I booted the game. I have the Beta still on my HDD but nothing at all from gears 1 or 2 (different console), I have played both so I do have achievements from 1 and 2 on my gamertag.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #54
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I'm sure Epic will fix this issue. From the achievement description it seems you just need to play a casual match or a few at least, obviously the achievement popping right away if your casual match access is blocked. Maybe me jumping into standard right away kept it from popping? But even so, you would figure with my gears 1 achievements on my card I "shouldn't" have been able to even access casual. I kinda feel bad for playing it, as I am not new to the game really, I hold my own in normal matches, and tend to be MVP almost every match in casual, but I want my cheevo!!!!!!

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #55
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required just for the bronze medal which is 75 MVPs, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.
Private matches do count for the medals, and this achievement is a pure grind because of it. Just play against Casual bots in private matches and 1 billion hours later you'll have the achievement.
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #56
Darke Ryder

Darke Ryder's Gamercard
The 0G Cheevo popped for me as soon as I loaded up the game. It flashed up the few things I'd unlocked (gold lancer, chrome, etc.) then the achievement popped up. If it's any easier to work out the truth behind this one, my Gears history is by no means illustrious.

Firstly, I've never had any access to any betas for any of the Gears.

I completed Gears of War on Hardcore (after being stuck on Raam for months, maybe years, on casual I just got pissed off and started again on the next level up. Strangely, it did the job). I played maybe 5 games online. Got about halfway through the campaign with my friend on co-op. Didn't find the cogs (missing 1, and I can't find the lil' sod)

I completed Gears 2 on the second hardest difficulty (normal? 2 '*' logo), then went through it again same difficulty on co-op. Got all the collectibles, all the kills (bar one or two, possibly the tagging a downed enemy with a grenade one) and get to level 18 in Horde. Didn't do Online Multiplayer at all.

My friend who I played through Co-op with hasn't had this one pop for him yet, either.

So I don't know if that helps much.

As far as the One Shot goes, if you're too slow when you're infiltrating the Locust Base, the wild tickers may actually steal it: The first time I did that bit, it wasn't there, I died and restarted and when I got there a little quicker, there it was, up against the crates. You might just need to get there a little quicker. Also, in the locust compound, I remember picking up a cleaver in the bit you get locked down in with a couple of young Corpsers: some Butchers came in at that point for me.
Darke Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #57
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Nice guide! You could add a little more to the horde section. I'm looking for levels and strategy's to get wave 50.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #58
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
[People seem to be having the most trouble finding a Cleaver and the One-Shot. Cleavers can be found easily in Act 2, Chapter 2. One-Shot...?]
The One-Shot can be found in Act 2 - Chapter 6: Airborne. When Dizzy opens the ammo garage near the beginning of the level, it's right there on your right!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #59
The Undead

The Undead 62's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
First Among Equals 25
Earn the Silver "Number 1" medal.

This medal requires that you gain the most points in Campaign Arcade 20 times. You can simply load up Act 2, Chapter 7 with an idle second controller on Casual to boost this. See the video in "All for One, One for All" for a walkthrough.
I think you have to gain the most points 60 times...20x is only enough for Bronze medal

Last edited by The Undead; 09-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.
The Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #60
demphra

whoa this must be the easiest gears ever. even with seriously 3.0, time consuming doesn't mean higher difficulty
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote