PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #61
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demphra View Post
whoa this must be the easiest gears ever. even with seriously 3.0, time consuming doesn't mean higher difficulty

Umm Yes it does. It means ease of getting 1000. If I have to play 1000 hours that is not easy.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #62
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
As always great looking guide so far Pants Party! Im late in picking this up, but I'll go and get it tonight and fire it up using the guide as a reference when Im going thru it. Thank you!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #63
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Respect for the Dead

I missed this achievement because the description is wrong. I didn't watch the video. You state once you get to the office it should pop, but this isnt the case.

Quote:
Once you reach Griffin, make sure you approach the cage so that the person inside opens it for you. The achievement will unlock once you enter it.
Griffins office, is further on compared to where the video takes you, which is another room along your way to his office. You need to stop of along the route there and the women will let you in as along as you have reached the requirements.

The achievement has nothing to do with Griffins office, so seeing as I knew what to do and thinking I had to go there, I missed the other caged off room with the lady and the achievement didn't unlock. Only until I watched the video I noticed I missed it and the description was wrong.

So the achievement should read:

During Act 4, Chapter 1 you will need to avoid shooting or touching any of the ash people. Once you come to Griffin's office, you will be allowed in to the stash. If the AI or an enemy shoots/runs into one, it will NOT void the achievement. Just be sure you do not personally hit one. Best to do this solo. Once you reach the hideout, follow the guy to Griffins office. Along the way there, look out for a caged off room with a lady behind a desk. Walk up to the door and as long as you've reached the achievement requirements, the door will be opened and the achievement will unlock.

(or something along that route)

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 09-21-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #64
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
The achievement for killing an enemy with each type of monster in beast mode won't unlock for me. I have done several matches of beast mode killing with every monster at least 3 times. What am I doing wrong. I checked to make sure I don't have the achievement. Does it have to be done in 1 go? Do I have to down them with that monster?

http://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenLongshot?feature=mhee
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #65
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
One-Shot can be found on the "Old Town" map in multiplayer (top of the hill, middle section of the map). Also, Sandbar (beach map) has one, as well as a hammer of dawn.

"Wait, What time is it?" requires 11 games, as you don't get your first bonus until the 2nd game. (game 2 = 100XP bonus)

And a realistic "time to complete" in my opinion is about 1,500-2,000 hours, although at that point it doesn't really matter.

Lastly, let me know if you're interested in a video for "Respect for the Dead" in HD with commentary, and a condensed version of the gameplay.

Last edited by Maka; 09-21-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #66
BurritoDePerro

BurritoDePerro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Radar View Post
I've not started the campaign yet, sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you sure that 4 players are better than 2 for the Insane playtrough?

Is there any point in the game where the four players get separated and each one could die instantly?

I'm worried that even 1 less skilled player could mean a lot of checkpoint restart...
The game was build from the ground up to support 4 player coop and tough you do get separated is not like the first two, I'm 2 chapters away from finishing the story and when I get separated it's usually not a long period of time. Plus when your done you can get back up again. I agree with the guide, best way for Insane is 4 friends that way you know skill and you know they won't bail out on you. Perfect scenario? somebody on casual I'll be finishing the game this week and then looking for a team to do Insane run, past that I'll be more than happy to help people with their insane run since I love killing Locust

Great guide, you should also mention that it's easier to keep track of the executions and the achievement progress in the game stats page.
BurritoDePerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #67
TenchiTsubasa

tenchitsubasa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post

[People seem to be having the most trouble finding a Cleaver and the One-Shot. Cleavers can be found easily in Act 2, Chapter 2. One-Shot...?]
Not quite sure of the act/chapter but right before the lambert berserker, when you have to split up to rescue Anya and Sam, you get two one shots in the campaign. Hope that helps
TenchiTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #68
Tony Dawg

Send a message via Skype™ to Tony Dawg

Tony Dawg's Gamercard
Holy crap The Pants Party! This is like. The 3rd or 4th guide I've viewed by you and I'm always amazed by the work and time it seems you put into them! Are you getting paid to do this, sir? :P

Anyway, thanks a lot man.

Tony Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #69
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Thanks for all the love and constructive feedback, guys!

Added a few more small tips provided, fixed some small errors and will add a Horde video tonight.

As for the the difficulty, it will stay as is or at best be moved to a six. Spending time doing something does not make it hard to do. If I told you that you needed to spend the next few thousand hours of your gaming career getting other people 1000G in Avatar: The Last Airbender, is that a 10/10 difficulty job? Of course not. Neither is playing a bunch of bots matches, leaving your system running while you're sleeping or setting up boosting matches for whatever "legit" kills you need online.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #70
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
The achievement for killing an enemy with each type of monster in beast mode won't unlock for me. I have done several matches of beast mode killing with every monster at least 3 times. What am I doing wrong. I checked to make sure I don't have the achievement. Does it have to be done in 1 go? Do I have to down them with that monster?
I think you only have to kill them and not down them. You can go to the rewards menue and then to the achievements and you can check out your progress there, maybe you're still missing one and haven't realised it^^'
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #71
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've tried searching the forum, but my search skills suck and I haven't been able to find the answer.

How exactly does the "beat the game with four players" achievement work? What I want to know is if I join a game of randoms midmatch and finish the chapter with them, do I get credit for that chapter with four players or do I have to be in the lobby before it starts?

I ask because this achievement is impossible for me to play with friends thanks to my work schedule, and randoms is the only way I'll ever be able to get it from the looks of it as long as I can join midmatch and get credit.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #72
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Sorry, the one-shot is actually on the mp map Trenches not Old Town, got them confused.

Also, it may be useful to say that there is an achievement tracker in the game if you press Start in the menu, where you can see specific details and your progress towards achievements by clicking on them. Many people overlook this when thinking they should have gotten achievement but didn't.

Last edited by Maka; 09-21-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #73
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
Thanks Pants, great guide!

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #74
Vicktacular

Vicktacular's Gamercard
Really think this guide should list the difficulty as a 9 or 10 due to Seriously 3.0. It may not necessarily be 'hard' to get most of the Onyx medals but it is 'hard' to dedicate hundreds of hours to numerous medals in different game modes doing different tasks in each of them.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #75
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Another guide Pants. As for the Socialite Achievement Ive come up with theory as to why it doesn't work for some. The event is for you to unlock your gold weapons and if you already have so many achievements in Gears 2 and or played the beta then you will unlock the gold weapons as soon as you load the game, so in theory because you already have the gold weapons the game wont log in the events progress because you cant unlock them.

Also the next Event is the weekend after next (Big head mode) So if a patch hasn't been released to sort it out (Hopefully not) then it could still work then.
It's much simpler. Every game was being counted as a separate event instead of counting only once for the launch event - they patched it yesterday. So if you didn't get the achievement already it's going to take 9 months to a year playing one event every week or two.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #76
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post

For Big Leagues (I said I would edit but there have been a lot of replies) I played a few matches, am now 20 I can still access casual mode and did not receive the achievement. I could have sworn I heard/read somewhere that once at 18 casual becomes unavailable, but obviously this is not the case, at the very least for me. I even restarted the game to "reload" all the progress and same thing applies. SO I don't know what to say.
yea for a 0g achievement it sure is elusive and I think we need more clarity or a patch for the ppl who should have this achievement already but it didn't unlock.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #77
Nekrophetamine

Nekrophetamine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiken View Post
For the execution achievement, I have them all except the Cleaver. I have played almost 100 rounds of Horde and only had the Cleaver appear on two of those levels. Are there any other ways to do this or do I just have to keep playing Horde and hope that I get lucky?
I saw the answer to this question, specifically for Horde but... where can you find it in Versus? I know where to find it in campaign but the AI are such assholes about executions, so I'd like to try and get it in vs. -_-

Anyway, great guide, tyvm. I'm a little bummed that this GoW didn't have hardly any fun achievements for the campaign like past games, since it's quite good. Ugh, collectible achievements... no bueno.
Nekrophetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #78
firehawk12

firehawk1234's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Four the 4player co-op, do you need to do prologue as well? I can't get into any games at prologue
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #79
Joey Leen

Joey Leen's Gamercard
If you guys think that getting all of the medals isn't hard, just time-consuming, I want you to go into Horde and put it on insane.

Don't even try to tell me that it's not hard.

Last edited by Joey Leen; 09-22-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Joey Leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #80
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
It would be nice to have a more specific rough estimate for 100% completion. People have different ideas of what is "a lot".

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #81
Ayepeck

Ayepecks's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for all the love and constructive feedback, guys!

Added a few more small tips provided, fixed some small errors and will add a Horde video tonight.

As for the the difficulty, it will stay as is or at best be moved to a six. Spending time doing something does not make it hard to do. If I told you that you needed to spend the next few thousand hours of your gaming career getting other people 1000G in Avatar: The Last Airbender, is that a 10/10 difficulty job? Of course not. Neither is playing a bunch of bots matches, leaving your system running while you're sleeping or setting up boosting matches for whatever "legit" kills you need online.
Have you read all the requirements for the Onyx medals? Getting past Horde ON INSANE is worth more than a 6/10 alone.
Ayepeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #82
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepeck View Post
Have you read all the requirements for the Onyx medals? Getting past Horde ON INSANE is worth more than a 6/10 alone.
This is a 10/10 difficulty period. Anything less you guys are crazy. It is time it takes to get 1000. If you think it is easy, get 1000 in this game, you are mistaken. Very few people will ever get this.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #83
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Just a note but according to the most recent Q&A with Rod their is no actual definative lvl 100 exp amount for people who have access to xbox live. Because it's set on a curve that EPIC can change at will. If they believe people are leveling up too easily they'll make it more difficult via a hotfix.

Of course offline players need not worry about that because they have no access to xbox live to begin with. So no changes can be made without including it on a DLC disk or something.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #84
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
0G one popped for me when the game started too. I didn't play Gears of War. I've 1750G on Gears of War 2 though.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #85
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeker75 View Post
0G one popped for me when the game started too. I didn't play Gears of War. I've 1750G on Gears of War 2 though.
Having any achievement in any Gears of War game unlocks it and keeps you out of casual multiplayer.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #86
Somando

Somando's Gamercard
Quote:
Welcome to Versus 10
Kill 10 enemies in Team Deathmatch (Standard or Casual).

Simple enough. Can be done local or online - if you have any hope of getting Seriously 3.0, this will obviously come along the way!
Are you sure this can be done local? I thought "Standard" and "Casual" refers to public games? I'd check for you, but I've already gotten this one playing in public. Epic guide BTW.
Somando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #87
Marston86

Going to also point out another 2 glitched achievements...

1. is complete all acts on casual or normal

2. Complete all acts on co-op

I first played through the campaign with my gf, both of us were on normal dificulty and completed it from act1 to the final act. However at the end of the game, my gf got the achievements but I didnt.

When i check my stats it says I have completed ONLY acts 4 & 5 on hardcore ?? lol So a lot of glitchyness going on.

I also found the execution achievement (perform 24 of them) glitchy during our campaign run through- I had 8 of them done then when I turned the console off and then later returned to our game, I had none out of the 24 complete.
Marston86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #88
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marston86 View Post
Going to also point out another 2 glitched achievements...

1. is complete all acts on casual or normal

2. Complete all acts on co-op

I first played through the campaign with my gf, both of us were on normal dificulty and completed it from act1 to the final act. However at the end of the game, my gf got the achievements but I didnt.

When i check my stats it says I have completed ONLY acts 4 & 5 on hardcore ?? lol So a lot of glitchyness going on.

I also found the execution achievement (perform 24 of them) glitchy during our campaign run through- I had 8 of them done then when I turned the console off and then later returned to our game, I had none out of the 24 complete.
Lesson? Don't play split-screen.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #89
Sesing

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Pretty good guide.

However only 24 executions exist, here's the in-game list:
  • Curb Stomp
  • Face Punch
  • Arm Rip
  • Shield Bash
  • Captive
  • Lancer
  • Lancer Chainsaw
  • Hammerburst
  • Retro Lancer
  • Retro Bayonet
  • Gnasher Shotgun
  • Sawed-off Shotgun
  • Boltok Pistol
  • Gorgon Pistol
  • Torque Bow
  • Longshot
  • Boomshot
  • Digger
  • Scorcher
  • Hammer of Dawn
  • OneShot
  • Mortar
  • Mulcher
  • Cleaver
I suggest everyone get these done in the campaign (minus the Locust arm rip) so you don't have to unlock them in multiplayer.
Edit: Just noticed you had 24 but had the stomp instead of the shield.

How can I execute an Enemy with Hammer of Dawn, Scorcher, Gorgon Pistol and the other Heavy Guns? I stand next to the crouching Enemy, hold Y and he drops the Weapon or punches the Enemys Face. Whats wrong?

Also tried B but that doesnt work too.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #90
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesing View Post
How can I execute an Enemy with Hammer of Dawn, Scorcher, Gorgon Pistol and the other Heavy Guns? I stand next to the crouching Enemy, hold Y and he drops the Weapon or punches the Enemys Face. Whats wrong?

Also tried B but that doesnt work too.
Make sure you are playing on standard campaign. arcade campaign seems to require the execution to be unlocked just as in the other modes. (i think... can someone confirm?)

also, can specific campaign locations for weapons be added? I played through the whole thing, but can't remember which chapters had mortars or shields, for instance.

if so, you can get a digger, mulcher, and cleaver execution in the area after the mini-corpser in act 2, chapter 2.

ETA: act 2 chapter 6: kill the 2 gas bags, clear the area when you get to dizzy, kill the reaver. Dizzy will open up a supply room conatining:
One shot
long shot
retro lancer
hammerburst
torque bow
boomshot
hammer of dawn

scorchers can be found at the beginning of act 5, chapter 2 (blackout). Ride the freight elevator, scorcher enemies will spawn.

mortar can be found at the beginning of act 5 chapter 5 (ascension). kill the boomers and his friends, run up the stairs and go around. there is a mortar sitting behind the desk (opposite side of room from the elevators)

and finally found a shield on act 5, chapter 3 (shattered paradise). one or two of the maulers near the first catapult. achievement unlocked.

you can trade your teammates for some weapons (jace and sam carry a longshot, anya carries a sawed off, carmine carries a torque bow)

great guide so far! thanks!

Last edited by nfntjy; 09-23-2011 at 12:27 PM.
nfntjy is offline   Reply With Quote