PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Bulletstorm
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
ThousandLegs01

ThousandLegs01's Gamercard
Bulletstorm = how Duke Nukem Forever should of been?

I recently bought this game on sale loved the demo thought why the hell not.

Anyway about half way through I say to my friend "huh this plays alot like the old Duke Nukem mixed with a little of Borderlands gameplay" in the sense that its fun its over the top and it makes fun of its self I just have to wonder does anyone else see this?

just imagine if DNF had been made by people can fly insted of gearbox.
ThousandLegs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Domino

tehdomino's Gamercard
Correction, DNF was originally developed by 3D Realms - to an extent, and Gearbox finished it off to get it released.

Bulletstorm mimicked Duke Nukem in the sense of witty lines and humour nothing can beat the classics, although it is each to his own taste. Although enjoying Bulletstorm it's not something I would play alot, just something to pass the time with if I fancied a lark around.

I failed to see the logic on how you can compare this with Borderlands gameplay when they are completely different genres.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
minimalism
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Correction, DNF was originally developed by 3D Realms - to an extent, and Gearbox finished it off to get it released.

Bulletstorm mimicked Duke Nukem in the sense of witty lines and humour nothing can beat the classics, although it is each to his own taste. Although enjoying Bulletstorm it's not something I would play alot, just something to pass the time with if I fancied a lark around.

I failed to see the logic on how you can compare this with Borderlands gameplay when they are completely different genres.
they're the same genre, just a different style of shooters...

anyway, this game is a hell of a lot better than DNF. contrary to popular belief, it actually requires skill. you can't just spray and pray, you have to think fast to get those skillshots. and the anarchy also requires constant communication, tactics, and coordination. i was actually very surprised by this game. underneath it's silly exterior it's actually a very intelligent and engaging shooter.
minimalism is offline   Reply With Quote