PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 4 HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #31
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How long is Assignment Ada. Never played it.... that was in the PS2 version originally right? I only have the NGC version.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #32
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver893 View Post
How long is Assignment Ada. Never played it.... that was in the PS2 version originally right? I only have the NGC version.
(Short) Enjoy!

Damn I love Speedruns!

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #33
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
Just to let you guys know, you don't get the Chicago Typewriter from either beating the regular game on Pro or for finishing Assignment Ada. Finishing Assignment Ada will unlock the gun to buy and use in Seperate Ways. Finishing Seperate Ways will unlock it for purchase and use in the regular game (you don't need to finish Assignment Ada for it if you just want to use it in the regular game). You still need to be on round 2 for the particular save you're wanting to buy it on though.

In the original Gamecube version you get it in the regular game by clearing Assignment Ada, but that's because there's no such thing as Seperate Ways on the GC version.
Also, it costs 1 million pesetas. Though I believe it's bought fully upgraded.

For the Handcannon, it costs nothing to purchase from the Merchant once unlocked although it starts without upgrades and is rather useless. Ammo capacity of 3. Doesn't use regular magnum ammo. 790,000 pesetas to go from newly purchased to exclusively upgraded.

Last edited by xf02; 09-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.
xf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #34
AltruismIsDead

AltruismIsDead's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf02 View Post
Just to let you guys know, you don't get the Chicago Typewriter from either beating the regular game on Pro or for finishing Assignment Ada. Finishing Assignment Ada will unlock the gun to buy and use in Seperate Ways. Finishing Seperate Ways will unlock it for purchase and use in the regular game. You still need to be on round 2 for the particular save you're wanting to buy it on though.

In the original Gamecube version you get it in the regular game by clearing Assignment Ada, but that's because there's no such thing as Seperate Ways on the GC version.
Also, it costs 1 million pesetas. Though I believe it's bought fully upgraded.

For the Handcannon, it costs nothing to purchase from the Merchant once unlocked although it starts without upgrades and is rather useless. Ammo capacity of 3. Doesn't use regular magnum ammo. 790,000 pesetas to go from newly purchased to exclusively upgraded.
Thanks for the heads up

Also, not sure if it matters or not, but what version (US, Europe, etc) did you play? Since there seems to be some differences, although I hope it doesn't effect it though.

Loved the Chicago typewriter, had a blast with it on the GC and Wii versions of RE4. Now on my 2nd play through on pro I had to bust out my old school RE4 GC strategy guide to make sure I got everything this time around.
List of XBLA Games - Updated 9/5/11
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
AltruismIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #35
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Just to let you guys know, you don't get the Chicago Typewriter from either beating the regular game on Pro or for finishing Assignment Ada. Finishing Assignment Ada will unlock the gun to buy and use in Seperate Ways. Finishing Seperate Ways will unlock it for purchase and use in the regular game (you don't need to finish Assignment Ada for it if you just want to use it in the regular game).
Ah thanks, I forgot about the Separate Ways part. Will have this info changed soon.

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #36
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
There's a simple way to check if there's regional differences - as it's just a port of the PS2 version with graphical upgrades (proven by the lower quality of the Seperate Ways cutscenes as it was PS2 exclusive and the PS2 version used pre-rendered cutscenes, meaning no possible graphical upgrades for those cutscenes) we just check the difficulties.

America's RE4 for the PS2 has no easy difficulty. My RE4 HD copy (I'm from the UK) has an easy difficulty. If somebody with the American version of RE4 HD could say if they have easy or not, we'll know if there's a regional difference.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #37
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR x FUZiON View Post
Not sure if its on the xbox version as im unable to confirm yet, but on chapter 1 you can kill the chainsaw guy that is guarding the exit gates to Pueblo Village for a red ruby. He will only be around before the bell sounds and before the house with the shotgun cutscene. After this you can kill another chainsaw guy who comes when you activate the shotgun house cutscene. Killing him results in an extra 10,000 PTAS.

EDIT: I got this from a treasure guide but once again im not sure if the xbox version is different:

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelin...4999&rid=88216
EDIT: I can confirm that this is still in the xbox version as i just done it. To kill the first chainsaw guy i threw a grenade and knifed him to death.

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #38
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
Another tip: gold eggs heal you to full and are essentially a first aid spray that takes up half the space. If you get any, don't sell them unless you're desperate for money.

Here's a list of all treasures that can be combined with others and what you need to combine them with so that you can sell them for more. There may be some spoilers, depending on what you consider a spoiler.

Beerstein (red, green, yellow Catseye) - only one Beerstein in the game.
Butterfly Lamp (red, green, blue Eye (all dropped by Novistadors - the bug like creatures with camouflage and later wings, blues are rarest but you can get a guaranteed one by destroying the Novistador hive hanging from the cieling when Ashley gets carried off by one) - two lamps are available.
Crown (Crown Jewel, Royal Insignia) - only one of each part of this one in the game.
Elegant Mask (red, green, purple Gem) - two masks are available.
Golden Lynx (Blue Stone of Treason, Green Stone of Judgement, Red Stone of Faith) - only one of each part.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #39
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Beerstein (red, green, yellow Catseye) - only one Beerstein in the game.
Butterfly Lamp (red, green, blue Eye (all dropped by Novistadors - the bug like creatures with camouflage and later wings, blues are rarest but you can get a guaranteed one by destroying the Novistador hive hanging from the cieling when Ashley gets carried off by one) - two lamps are available.
Crown (Crown Jewel, Royal Insignia) - only one of each part of this one in the game.
Elegant Mask (red, green, purple Gem) - two masks are available.
Golden Lynx (Blue Stone of Treason, Green Stone of Judgement, Red Stone of Faith) - only one of each part.
I already got that covered in my Selling price list but thx for the additional infos.

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #40
AltruismIsDead

Also if you need cash you can go fishing on the boat after the boss battle. Just get back on it and by the piers there are fish you can harpoon. After harpooning them (saves ammo) you can drive over them and take them. Large Bass are worth 2300 and small are 750. Shop is in the back of the lake.
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #41
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
I know it's not a tip per se, but the Chicago Typewriter does indeed have a reload animation even though you don't need to reload it. In the regular or RPD costumes, it takes ages. You get a special animation if you reload it while wearing the gangster outfit. If you reload it four times in a row with the gangster outfit, he has another special animation.

The Typewriter's model changes slightly depending on your costume too. It'll have a drum magazine and a different grip. This is what it looks like in the regular and RPD outfits (top) and the gangster outfit (bottom).

Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #42
boronks

Silent iz loud's Gamercard
Quote:
I know it's not a tip per se, but the Chicago Typewriter does indeed have a reload animation even though you don't need to reload it. In the regular or RPD costumes, it takes ages. You get a special animation if you reload it while wearing the gangster outfit. If you reload it four times in a row with the gangster outfit, he has another special animation.

The Typewriter's model changes slightly depending on your costume too. It'll have a drum magazine and a different grip. This is what it looks like in the regular and RPD outfits (top) and the gangster outfit (bottom).

Resident Evil 4 Wii Leon's Hat Trick - YouTube
I don't remember but i think if you throw up the hat and get killed by the chainsaw guy/dr. salvador its glitchy.

86% Completion.
13,000 Gamerscore earned in 2013 as of January 13.
All CoDs (including DLCs) maxed except Classic, MW3, and BO2.
boronks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #43
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Does the crow farming work? im just wondering as it will help me on my pro run. I tried it on my normal run and couldn't get them to respawn.

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Does the crow farming work? im just wondering as it will help me on my pro run. I tried it on my normal run and couldn't get them to respawn.
Well you will know it for sure when you've reached that point.

Personally I never used any so called farming methods in this game since collecting all treasures and concentrating on only 2-3 weapons will also help you through PRO. So I can't confirm this for you but maybe someone else in here.

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #45
AltruismIsDead

Quote:
I wasn't able to get them to respawn at the part where you first fight El Gigante, so I don't think they do. Tried going to the merchant a couple times and also restarting my game with no luck.

But a couple tips if you really need money is: Frequently save. When you get to any places with tons of boxes/crates/barrels to smash, smash 1 at a time. If you don't get any money from it just reload. Also make sure to use your knife obviously to conserve ammo. Then every time you get money make sure you save.

It might be a hassle, but the area right after the the town center where you first come across the blue medallions there are a ton of crates to smash and easy access to a typewriter.

Another tip for getting more cash, is after the boss fight with the fish, instead of continuing forward, take your boat back and back track through all the places you visited. All the crates re-spawn, also enemies, so you can kill them off before getting Ashley unless you are doing it the easy way with Costume #2 where she wears a suit of armor.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #46
ninjachicken

Stabystab's Gamercard
Here is my helpful tip, you can stand at the top of the ladders and knife them as they climb up so they keep falling until they die. Just make sure there are no guys who get behind you while you do it and look out for long range attackers.
ninjachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #47
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
A really helpful tip for when ashley gets kidnapped by the Novistador (where the massive hive is in the room) you can turn around and run out to the hall and jump out to the balcony to the left, here the creatures can't hit you and if you hit them while they are airborne its a one hit kill, even with a pistol.

This is very useful as there is around 10 bugs trying to hit you and you can take no damage and use hardly any ammo!

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #48
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjachicken View Post
Here is my helpful tip, you can stand at the top of the ladders and knife them as they climb up so they keep falling until they die. Just make sure there are no guys who get behind you while you do it and look out for long range attackers.
Yup that works.

Quote:
A really helpful tip for when ashley gets kidnapped by the Novistador (where the massive hive is in the room) you can turn around and run out to the hall and jump out to the balcony to the left, here the creatures can't hit you and if you hit them while they are airborne its a one hit kill, even with a pistol.
Haha good one and I was always standing in front of the door next to the balcony locked & loaded with a shotgun waiting for each one to come through.

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #49
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
Thank you so much! Great guide by the way!

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #50
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet or not, so here are a few of my tips.

During the village assault in the very beginning, you don't have to fire a single round. Just make wide loops around the village for about 6 minutes, and the cutscene will trigger. Saves alot of ammo and gets you started off on a good footing in Pro.

Also, in the castle, shoot the cultists in the leg, then suplex them. Make sure to do it on stairs, because this seems to crush their heads every time. Saves time and ammo, and you deal with less parasite head's popping out.
shadowrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #51
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrowin View Post
Also, in the castle, shoot the cultists in the leg, then suplex them. Make sure to do it on stairs, because this seems to crush their heads every time. Saves time and ammo, and you deal with less parasite head's popping out.
Thats a good tip, didn't know that it killed in one every time on the stairs.

Started on 21/08/2011

Old 10-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #52
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
Quote:
Thats a good tip, didn't know that it killed in one every time on the stairs.
I dunno if it works every single time, but every time I have done it, it has always worked.

Edit: Confirmed that suplex on stairs always equals instant death. Did it 20 times in a row and got 20 kills. Plus the 30 I did in normal that gave me 30 kills.

Last edited by shadowrowin; 10-14-2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: confirming tip
Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #53
nicholkid

me on a bad day's Gamercard
two tips from me:

1. Utilize the quick turn control (down + a). It is very helpful when you are in close with a bunch of enemies. Just sprint away from them and quick turn and you will be able to start shooting right away, before they get any closer to you.

2. Maybe someone has already said this, but near the start of chapter 4-1 when Ashley gets taken away by that fly, there is a massive throbbing spire of scuz hanging in the room. If you shoot it enough, it will fall and give you plenty of multicolored eyes.
nicholkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #54
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boronks View Post
And i believe you can clean dirty treasures.
Most "dirty" treasures are hanging over a well. Shoot the plank holding the well lid up and it will close. Then shoot down the treasure and it won't get dirty.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #55
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
Pro Run Tip!

Make use of Ashley. Having her in the suit of armor does much more than just make her unable to be killed. Having her behind you causes her to block all back attacks. When the foes pick her up and fall over, run up and knife them to save ammo from shooting the legs. Use her as a distraction. She cannot die, and cannot be taken, so abuse that fact!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #56
Madjackal

Madjackal WAR's Gamercard
Very nice!
Madjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #57
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but a good way to deal with the Novistadors (the giant bugs) is to shoot them when they're flying in the air. One shot while they're flying, no matter what weapon and no matter what difficulty, is a one hit kill. It's a good way to conserve ammo and quickly deal with one of the most annoying enemies in the game.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #58
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Quote:
no crows dont respawn, but if you shoot one and the rest fly off, if you exit the door you came through they return to their original position so u can shoot them again. prime example is when u get to the radio tower the crows are on the iron beams above where u enter, shoot them with the shotgun if u can spare the ammo, collect the rewards, exit the door and repeat until all is harvested.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #59
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholkid View Post
two tips from me:

1. Utilize the quick turn control (down + a). It is very helpful when you are in close with a bunch of enemies. Just sprint away from them and quick turn and you will be able to start shooting right away, before they get any closer to you.

2. Maybe someone has already said this, but near the start of chapter 4-1 when Ashley gets taken away by that fly, there is a massive throbbing spire of scuz hanging in the room. If you shoot it enough, it will fall and give you plenty of multicolored eyes.
3 magnum hits and it comes crashing down, and when u trigger the cutscene, it wont respawn enemies. then all u have to do is kill like 8 bugs as they come thru the door 1 by 1 simples.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #60
ChiefBurner_3_SE

BumblebeexCBx4R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeceiver35 View Post
Ive got a few:

You can open locks, crates etc with your knife. While it may seem obvious to some players, its a solid way to save some ammo.

Also, if you hit the "open" button twice on doors, many times you will kick the door open. This speeds up the process if there are enemies closing in, as well as knocking back any enemies waiting on the other side.
Does kicking the door open when enemies are close by really work?

I love TA as well as xbox360achievements.

Games 100% Completed:
I currently have 24 completed games according to TrueAchievements (22 retail and 2 arcade titles)

Last edited by ChiefBurner_3_SE; 10-27-2011 at 04:34 AM.
ChiefBurner_3_SE is offline   Reply With Quote