PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas > Lonesome Road
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
Lithium Wisdom

Send a message via AIM to Lithium Wisdom Send a message via Skype™ to Lithium Wisdom

Lithium Wisdom's Gamercard
(Spoilers?) Courier's Mile?

How does one get to the Courier's Mile? Do I follow the storyline and go to Ulysses' Temple first? I've traversed the entire area around the temple and cannot find anywhere else to go, so I'm sort of assuming that the only way to get to the Mile is to do the Temple first. Also, I assume that the Hopeville Silo Bunker entrance is after the Temple and Mile?

I just don't want to finish the story before I explore all the areas, you know? Thanks in advance for the help.

Lithium Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Go back to the start of the Divide, the bottom left of the map. There should be a new marker there, "Path to the Courier's Mile". Simply go there and go through the gate and you'll get transported to the Mile.

Be warned, it's quite a tough area so come prepared.

I've heard people say you need to complete the DLC first, but I definitely went there before entering the temple.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Lithium Wisdom

Send a message via AIM to Lithium Wisdom Send a message via Skype™ to Lithium Wisdom

What constitutes the start of the Divide?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Wisdom View Post
What constitutes the start of the Divide?
The Hopeville Missile Silo exit into Hopeville. When you first enter the area, follow the road to your right and you'll hit a dead end. The dead end opens up later to allow you to pass.

You will unlock the area after a certain event in the High Road region (same event for condemned to repeat it achievement). It very clearly states the area is unlocked, and explains what the area is more or less.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
Lithium Wisdom

Alright, so everything after the Hopeville Missle Silo's underground exit is the Divide. Thanks folks!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Mangled Bodies

Mangled Bodies's Gamercard
When you arrive at the Couriers Mile, don't forget to get the exclusive weapon sticking out of the light pole soon as you walk in!! http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Blood-Nap
Mangled Bodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
IRISHCAB4

Send a message via MSN to IRISHCAB4 Send a message via Yahoo to IRISHCAB4

irishcab4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangled Bodies View Post
When you arrive at the Couriers Mile, don't forget to get the exclusive weapon sticking out of the light pole soon as you walk in!! http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Blood-Nap
Shoot. I missed the weapon in the light pole. Guess I'll be going back.

Retail 100% - Captain America: Super Soldier, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 3, Oblivion, King Kong, Backyard Football '10, The Saboteur, Borderlands, Fight Night 3, Gun, Viking, NFS Most Wanted, TNMT, CSI: Hard Evidence, Lost: Via Domus, Cabela's African Safari, Avatar: TBE
IRISHCAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Parallax Demon

parallax demon's Gamercard
Also missed that one. Only went in there to blow up the two nukes and immediatly fasttraveled out of that place after shooting the 2nd nuke.
Was quite a hard place to visit. Used a lot of Stimpacks and Rad-Aways there.
Parallax Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
jason00

JasonGott's Gamercard
I ended up just using a couple of Stealth Boys and sneaking in, but the radiation was so high I ended up using a ton of my rad aways. I had to leave Ed-E at the entrance or the deathclaws would kill him in 3 seconds and then come after me, too.
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Rolks

rolks's Gamercard
Yeah, I've only been in there once, and tried to advance slowly. Took out the two Deathclaws with some rockets, but then got gang rushed by a ton more, and hit from behind with some lasers, and OMG ...

Logged off for the night, but plan to try again tonight. Was originally debating going the stealth boy route, but the gamer in me wants to see if I can take it the hard way. Therefore ...

My question, has anyone just fought their way through? If so, any idea of how many deathclaws there are? How to pick them off slowly? Any suggestions?
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
BillyTallent

billy talentt's Gamercard
I fought my way through it tonight, I didn't keep an accurate count of how many there were, but IIRC it should be about 6. They are not gathered around each other, mostly I found them in pairs. If I wasn't careful I would alert others and once I was done with 1 or maybe even a 2nd, a 3rd would be right on me.

Needless to say I attempted this a few times before I decided to save after every kill.
BillyTallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
Go back to the start of the Divide, the bottom left of the map. There should be a new marker there, "Path to the Courier's Mile". Simply go there and go through the gate and you'll get transported to the Mile.

Be warned, it's quite a tough area so come prepared.

I've heard people say you need to complete the DLC first, but I definitely went there before entering the temple.
Thanks, I was having trouble too.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #13
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I realize that it wasn't available to you all yet, seeing as GRA wasn't released, but I used the silenced Anti-Materiel Rifle to sneak attack deathclaws with explosive ammo. Still had to burn quite a few stimpacks, but definately not as difficult as trying to deal with them head-on.

For future reference to anyone about to go into The Mile, don't pay a bit of attention to the left side of the map until you clear out the right side. The marked men are tough, but nothing compared to the deathclaws. They are pretty much split right down the middle, with the deathclaws on the right and Marked Men on the left. Bring plenty of Rad-X and RadAway!
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I ran through the Death Claws and Marked Men with The Smitty Special (GRA). It only holds 20 rounds at a time, but get their attention, start running backwards and unload on them. Make sure you have stimpacks on a Hot Key. Took most of them out in a matter of moments.

Also, does anyone know if there's anything worthwhile in there? I'm out of Rad-X And Rad Away and wondered if there was anything besides the Blood-Nap to worry about.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #15
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Realize this is a late reply, but the blood nap is the only thing worth leaving with, but you also have the two warheads and a crazy ton of ammunition.

I put the stimpaks on hotkey and actually fought all the deathclaws head on with the Sword of the West. I used so many paks and died like 5 times but I was finally able to do it by continuously pressing the dpad at the same time as I was swinging the sword.

18 Destiny raid clears and I'm still not level 30. Isn't RNG the best???
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Stevilinho

Send a message via MSN to Stevilinho

stevilinho's Gamercard
ah ffs i hate deathclaws sooo much, and why is there so many after completing the game?

i went back to do the nukes and everywhere i fast travelled i was immedietly mauled by daethclaws i ended up rage quitting

where is or are the best places to buy alot of stimpaksfrom the mojave? i want to go in with around 100 because i need the nukes, ed-e(is it still possible if i left her behind in the story by mistake?) parts and the red glare components and i dont want to have to keep coming and going from the divide

Stevilinho is offline   Reply With Quote