PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Age of Empires Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
kmpdk14

kmpdk14's Gamercard
co op only questline the last mission

Hi guys,

me and my mate have been doing these missons and up to this point we have completed them fairly easily after intially struggling on each to hold off the enemies. But on the last one for the achievement we have tried both sending the epic 30 mercenary card to begin with and attacking straight away and on other occasions walling up, but we keep getting beaten and every enemy unit is like elite. Any ideas on actually how to stop the enemy and then proceed and kill them? any advise would be greatly appreciated. I am level 30 and my partner is level 27 both playing egypt regards

darius
kmpdk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
I JiMb0 I

I JiMb0 I's Gamercard
I'd love to know how to do this as well! been try with a mate (both level 40) and just get overpowered every time! Just seems like it needs to be fixed imo! The one time we thought we were doing well 6+ elite battering rams turned up!

I JiMb0 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Topboy13

Allied 8's Gamercard
yh this is very hard the quest is called you complete me, i am yet to do it but i have read a tactic and that is to build walls and leave a small gap for the men etc to come in and quickly build two fortresses either side of the gap then spam a army between the fortresses as quick as poss.

The theory is that they come through the gap a few at the time therefore easy to kill, i can see how it can be done this way just need to perfect it.

Hope this helps
Topboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
I JiMb0 I

I JiMb0 I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topboy13 View Post
yh this is very hard the quest is called you complete me, i am yet to do it but i have read a tactic and that is to build walls and leave a small gap for the men etc to come in and quickly build two fortresses either side of the gap then spam a army between the fortresses as quick as poss.

The theory is that they come through the gap a few at the time therefore easy to kill, i can see how it can be done this way just need to perfect it.

Hope this helps
Thanks, it did help get a little further but ultimately the battering rams just wipe everything out!! If anyone wants to try, send a friend request!

I JiMb0 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Lucki88

Lucki88's Gamercard
This is how I did the „you complete me“ mission. Please consider that I played it with the Greek Civilization and that my game is in German so names can vary in your game but I will try my best to explain everything.

Please note that it took me about 3 hours and some tries!

I will divide my text in 2 parts, what my partner did and I. (lv. 32 & lv. 34)

The best strategy is division of work.
One player produce units while the other is building and repairing fortresses.

Player with units:
  • Try to reach the 3rd age as soon as possible
  • have about 20 villagers
  • Try to collect as many gold as you can. It’s very rare!
  • Now one the most important parts. Leave your town center and move to the corner below take care that the section is only opened to one side.
  • Try to reach the 4th age before your town center will be destroyed. Or build a new one in the corner (I recommend the advisor” Onesiphoros “ he reduces the costs for the 4th age by 34%
  • Build your marketplace
  • The moment you reach the 4th age start building Siege Units with a wide range like Ballistas or Pallintonons. They will help you against the first wave with Battering Rams.
  • If you have time and enough materials help your partner building fortresses

If you followed my steps before you shouldn’t have problems at all reaching the wave were your enemy starts using Pallintonons.

• Start building priests; it would be good if they have some decent epic stuff equipped like more range. Get the Temple upgrade for more range as well. This way you can keep your priests behind the fortress wall.
  • Build Cavalry: Hippikons; they are very effective against Siege Units. It’s important to reach the Siege Units as quick as possible! Try to destroy most of the Siege Units around your town. Take care not placing military units in the range of the Pallintonons because they will start attacking your fortress wall. You might lose 2 or 3 fortresses at the beginning.
  • Build houses…have a population limit of at least 140
  • Increase your military units and start attacking their bases but it’s important to ignore the siege units around your base for now. Walk around and attack the bases first. They have a total of 3, one big and two smaller ones.
  • Don’t attack alone! Have your partner always with you!

Player who is building the fortress wall

• Same as above: 3rd age asap
  • Have at least 20 villagers
  • Wood and Stone as much as possible
  • Now one the most important parts. Leave your town center and move to the corner below take care that the section is only opened to one side
  • Start building your fortress wall where your corner is opened.
  • You should have at least 3 fortresses when the 1 wave of enemies reaches your new base in the corner. (There also exists an advisor who gives you a 50% boost in building fortresses (Sostratus))
  • Keep building and repairing your fortresses
  • Build an Academy -> research stone mason
  • Keep doing until you will reach the wave with the Palintonons
  • If you have enough time build a new town center and a market place. But your most important part is building and repairing fortresses.
  • If it all calms down help your partner building military units
  • Build houses…have a population limit of at least 140
  • Increase your military units and start attacking their bases but it’s important to ignore the siege units around your base for now. Walk around and attack the bases first. They have a total of 3, one big and two smaller ones.
  • Don't attack alone! Have your partner always with you!

Last edited by Lucki88; 09-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Lucki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #6
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the strat, will try it out!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Dragoner28

Dragoner28's Gamercard
Easy solution which have worked with a lv 32 ally.
- Buy in your hometown skill tree all market upgrades + 1 tower 1 Wall upgrade

In the mission
- immediately tech to Tier 3
- build on tier 2 immediately a market place in the corner on the bottom right
- build 3 or 4 wall rows in every space between trees. there should only be 2 sides per player which offer space for the enemy. Sometimes if you are lucky you should have a map in which are 2 small gaps (left and right side of you and your ally) and two medium gaps above you and your ally. This is the perfect map for this tactic because you can build more wall rows with fewer stones.
- build 3-4 towers behind the wall which is near to your town center. the other wall isnīt real important because the enemy will always come from above. Upgrade before the first attack the tower and the wall one time
Player 1: 3-4 villagers on food. this will be enough to build the whole game more villagers. all other villagers on wood, the market place (karawans) will give you enough gold for buildings/units (you should have at least 10 karawans).
- build at least 2 shooting ranges for archers before the first attack. This should be no problem if you build the whole game (exception tier tech) villagers. The first shooting range should be build a short time after the market place. With this tactic you should have around 30 archers before the first attack. The market and the massive amount of villagers on wood should give you endless resources for archers.

player 2 should concentrate on melee units because he is the blocker in emergency situations. The player with the archers is the jumper if one of the enemies attacks. He is the more important player in the beginning. The CPU enemies never attack both at the same time.

If you survive the first attacks the mission becomes more and more easy.
Even if the siege weapons appear there should be no problems because of the melee player. He should focus the siege weapons with his units, the range unit player should focus on the units.
In late game P1 should concentrate on ballistas/catapults mixed with range weapon units...
P2 blocks as usual..

Last edited by Dragoner28; 09-09-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Dragoner28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
command92

command92's Gamercard
if anyone wants to attempt this on monday send friend request. should def be on most of the day. lvl 40 egypt. thanks
command92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
kmpdk14

kmpdk14's Gamercard
hi again,

is it possible to do with epgyt as i have managed to get three forts up with a gauntlet of walls and my partner with chariot archers, but we still aren't getting a good establishment going and ultimately the battering rams continue to finish us off, so any ideas for playing as Egypt?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Lucki88

Lucki88's Gamercard
Archers are a real bad investment in this mission. They might be a help in the first waves but later in the game when it comes to the Siege units you need cavalry units. They are effective against ranged Units. War elephants are also very effective againgst Siege Units. So you should concentrate on these units.

Lucki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #11
JohnnyBravo

dracul rosu's Gamercard
from TA .

Quote:
First of all, this is the hardest mission in the normal game (not counting the crete dlc), its the last mission in the COOP ONLY series, so its doable only in coop (5th mission, after "we're like peas and carrots"). The enemy has 2 cities and they will atack in the first 5 minutes, and then continuenly attack forever with all type of units from infantry, range, cavalry to ballistas, rams and palintonons.(many of the units will be elites)

The best strategy is to defend yourself nonstop, by building walls and fortresses, many villagers and during defense, you will build your army. CONSUMABLES (like cows,fortresses,mines etc) help A LOT. Not to mention, that epic stuff too helps, without its nearly impossible to beat it.

First of all, build walls but leave a small hole in it, because the enemy will come trough there and its easier to kill them. After building the walls, build 2-3 fortresses and as many villagers as possible to send them for gathering stuff.

Make Somathophylaxes and Hypaspists to defend, do not make archers, they will be 1 hit-kill for the enemy. Also make priests, they will be of great help with the healing/convert ability for your army.

Not too late into the mission, they will start bringing siege weapons, first rams, then ballistas and finally palintonons; if u dont have any units, send your villagers to destroy them.

If you manage to survive long enough to have resources for creating an army, the best combination i found is ballista+hippikkons. 10 b + 20-25 h will be enough to wipe one of their city.

Finally the mission requires good communication with your partner and , of course, luck.

Key units are:

1) fortresses (DEF), wall (DEF)
2) hypaspists (DEF), hippikons (at age IV DMG), somathophylaxes (900+ HP, DEF), priests (HEAL, converting Elites)
3) ballistas (DMG), palintonons (DEF)

Resources:

1) food, gold - hypaspists, somathophylaxes, priests
2) wood, stone - fortresses, wall, repairing
3) wood, gold - ballistas, palintonons
Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
kmpdk14

kmpdk14's Gamercard
Hi again guys, been meaning to post back for a few weeks. It can be done as two Egyptian civs, we went into the bottom corner which seems to be the go, i built forts and my partner also egypt built the chariot archers. His archers had epic gear so easily took down the men in conjunction with my forts, by which time i was able to pump put a few elephants for when the rams and ballistas showed up between 10-15min. Then we just built up the base and i went and demoshlised all three bases by myself with a 160pop army of elephants. I was level 40 and my mate level 38, epic gear equipped to your units is the key to this mission!