PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > 1942: Joint Strike
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
KorgakGrimtooth

korgakgrimtooth's Gamercard
Special Shinden?

Apparently, beating the game on the Wing King difficulty unlocks a black and red Shinden with enhanced stats. To get it, you select the Shinden with the "Y" button.

However, I've beaten the game on Wing King difficulty and still can't Y-select the Shinden to actually use the damn plane. Maybe I got the achievement but my game didn't save properly? I don't know, but it's kind of annoying. Anyone else know anything about this?

As a sort of aside, I Googled this a bit and noticed some comments about the black and red Shinden in general:

Some people have claimed that you don't have any HUD information (health, number of bombs, etc.) when you're flying the black and red Shinden. However, I've seen a Youtube video which would contradict that.

Currently looking for:
Battlestar Galactica (MP grind)
Final Fight Dbl Impact (Magic Sword coop and 4:10 Industrial run)
GoW/GoWII (MP grind)
Halo 3/ODST/Wars (Vidmasters Déjà Vu and Endure; Co-op)
Uno (10 4P games)
KorgakGrimtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
KorgakGrimtooth

korgakgrimtooth's Gamercard
Whoops, didn't see that this topic was somewhat addressed in the Fangs Out/Padlocked thread. Anyway, I beat the game again on Wing King and made sure that the game saved and was able to get my special Shinden no problem.

I can also confirm that I retained my HUD while flying the special Shinden and that it made getting Padlocked pretty trivial.

Currently looking for:
Battlestar Galactica (MP grind)
Final Fight Dbl Impact (Magic Sword coop and 4:10 Industrial run)
GoW/GoWII (MP grind)
Halo 3/ODST/Wars (Vidmasters Déjà Vu and Endure; Co-op)
Uno (10 4P games)
KorgakGrimtooth is offline   Reply With Quote